AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > KonoMini

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-24, 16:29   Link #61
IPv6
blastos.com

Ambience Blue, you should skip watching Lain as well. I have watched it and its like watching a movie where a person has two personality ... one good and one evil, who would of thought huh? Combine that with some extremely futuristic computers and a world called the 'Wire'.

In regards to Konomini serie: Yes, I was hoping Hikaru destroy the world and cause a new stage of evolution with new species. Personally, I say Hikaru is a foolishing superior being. The entire show, she only see a small fraction of this world. She didn't witness any news event and such or the history and how violence people truely are. Love can't solve shit, that's why the divorce rate is so freaking high.

In summary, Hikaru only saw the beautiful side of the world, which is again, a small small fraction of the world.
Old 2004-06-24, 17:18   Link #62
heavenly

There you go, they try to show you a darker world in Evangelion, and you don't like either. Well that's why we have anime like Konomini, to get away from violence and shit. And Hikari didn't learn about the divorce rate, but she did meet two boys dumped by their parents. (Aren't orphans conspicuosly numerous in anime?) But it is true they skimped on the ugly side of this ugly and beautiful world even more than the genre demands. Hikari is at least programmed to prune the species, but what's so ugly and suffocating to Jennifer, a well-adjusted alcoholic? I hope in season 2 she will not turn out to be an orphan too.
Otherwise this forum is a good way of preparing you for the worst. I was relieved by the ending. The only really lame part was Ryou and Kimi setting out to find their parents. I suppose they wanted to show how it was a profound experience with transformative impact on everybody, but what on earth do they now expect from their parents? And there was too much explaining in the last two episodes. When characters step out in the middle of explosions to explain to you at length how things really got the way they are, its a sure sign that the writers neglected their work in the past. Still, the Takeru and Hikari dream was actually moving. Lots of nice touches. The two ridiculous empty dresses floating through space. The crystal ending up on Jennifer's necklace. Mari getting a better haircut - I'm willing to grant her that much. Overall a much better ending than some much hyped animes.

Agree about Lain. It has interesting virtual landscapes and aura of mystery, but its ultimately empty and lifeless, not to mention plotless and characterless.
Old 2004-06-24, 18:22   Link #63
IPv6
blastos.com

I agreed that evangelion did show a dark side, however, the ending made it seems like the world was a backdrop the the chicken shit shinji. I like the storyline right up to the last 3 episodes where they were doing this self-realization stuff for shinji. From that, you think he grew some balls as stated earlier. But in End of Eva, his balls once again shrunk and all that screaming just hurts my ears. I don't know why people think Evangelion is a good show ... maybe so many people said it is good and they simply hopped on the bandwagon and went along with it.

Konomini annoyed me because hikari and akari decided to spare our race simply by two people. Also why did takeru have to have that ED power? he didn't used it do anything except destroy 2 ED, who were trying to stop the next stage of evolution? As for Ryou's power ... what the hell is that all about? In the end, it was the little chipped off crystal that stopped hell from breaking lose. You would think the little chip would engage the next stage of evolution rather than halting it.
Old 2004-06-26, 19:46   Link #64
bennylee12888

it's the bishoujo.

i prefer akari over hikari... she's more predictable.

hikari reminds me of PMS. scary.
Old 2004-06-27, 02:58   Link #65
nephilim
Loves Kaori

PMS eh? hehheh precisely why i liked her. I am the only one who preferred Hikari over Akari afterall >:]
Old 2004-06-27, 03:00   Link #66
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I prefer Hikari too, it's evil Hikari > Akari >>>>>>> good Hikari for me

Akari is cute, but nothing beats EVIL!
Old 2004-06-27, 03:53   Link #67
PsionicXero
Meticulously frivolous

Well, to tell u the truth, my friend took it over my house and said "hey James, try this." Once i saw the "fan servcie", i got hooked. It was that and the long name, but mostly the fan service...
Old 2004-06-27, 05:35   Link #68
nephilim
Loves Kaori

The Hikari in your sig... it looks as if her hair is made of glass...
Old 2004-06-27, 05:45   Link #69
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I think if you don't edit your sig to be smaller, some mod could get mad...
Old 2004-06-27, 10:13   Link #70
PsionicXero
Meticulously frivolous

fine, i will make it smaller by tonight, but Hikari is just that cool!!! Plus, it was a screen shot, and yesm her hair does look like glass...
Old 2004-06-27, 18:19   Link #71
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I prefer Hikari too, it's evil Hikari > Akari >>>>>>> good Hikari for me

Akari is cute, but nothing beats EVIL!
Kimi Ninomiya>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else
Old 2004-06-28, 00:15   Link #72
PsionicXero
Meticulously frivolous

Like i said before, Hikari is cool and fan service makes it better =)
Old 2004-07-04, 15:19   Link #73
Innotech

the most promienet reason is because HIkari and Akari look like Mahoro and htus extremely cute. I love cute naime characters. Another reason can be found in Kyuven's avatar. I heard that scene was Akari from Kono mini, and I had to see that because that is the absolute most kawaii scene I have ever seen (including digicharat). This its title was very interesting and fun to say, and hte artwork is beautiful. Fourth, the first episode is completely bizarre and I just have to see what happens. Currently on episode 9.
Old 2004-07-04, 15:24   Link #74
Imazul

Made by Gainax and it had a unusually long name
Old 2004-07-05, 13:04   Link #75
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I was looking for something random to grab... found this series on an AonE archive bot... I watched first four episodes and I'm questioning why I'm even watching it... nothing has really grabbed me yet... there was too much needless scenes.... I don't mind fanservice... just not on characters that look like they're 10 years old... it's just wrong... ... does this get any better after episode 4?
Old 2004-07-06, 00:54   Link #76
Vide
Lurker

I heard the OP somewhere, and really liked it so I decided to watch the series.

And I never quit watching a show after I started.
Old 2004-07-06, 07:05   Link #77
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
I think the opening or konomini is a bit like Evangelion Opening.

Besides, when you mention about age in anime...welll how should i put this?? Well... nowadays anime character are make in such a kind where they look so young and cute. Just survey the H Game magazine, whenever i read through 1 of them, the H game character are so damn cute and if i were to play the game....

Haleyujah....what a sin, THEY LOOK LIKE BELOW 12!!! Thats like raping a below age girl. But of course that's the reason you play the H game in the 1st places but sometimes when the H scene take place it just makes you feel hurt looking at those poor underage girl get rape...^^ well...not exactly rape though...maybe using the word "Making Love" is better....

I'm starting to sound like Onizuka from GTO who want to married underage girl.
Old 2004-07-16, 14:12   Link #78
PsionicXero
Meticulously frivolous

Ecchi, fan service and nude parts. that and im a gainex fan, since i started with Evangelion and stuff... too bad there was no ecchi in Evangelion
Old 2006-05-09, 13:29   Link #79
hoshino_crimsonwings

If it's about why I started watching, (I d/led 12th episode by accident, so that was the first episode I saw -___-; The OP song was great, Hikari and Akari were cute; I liked the ending song and the drawings were good. (I proceeded in d/ling the remaining 11 episodes)
If it's about why I continued watching it?
I saw konomini beyond an anime, I saw the lessons in life which I was surprized how much deeper konomini went than I imagined. I was really changed by watching konomini and I love it for that. The characters are brilliant, Ryou is the best guy in the world. I'd marry him if I could. And the character design is nice, drawing is great.
Old 2007-06-24, 03:11   Link #80
Kouji
StrykerX

1 - Takeru <== fav character out of the show
2 - Good animation
3 - Yoko Takahashi <== favorite j-artist. And couldn't get Metamorphose out of my mind
4 - main character transforming into his alter ego, like with Engage's Shu
5 - Even though I hate to admit it. Takeru (at one episode) said he was lazy and didn't want to do chores. Which was me as well . Though, that was until I got a job *laughs* <== Basically similar personality
6 - ~Main character~ <== just about the same height as me
7- best character to use in a Final Fantasy-based fic or other RPG