AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2008-10-17, 22:14   Link #621
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Somehow, that seems pretty reasonable to me

after all, it's fulfilling the All Out Rumble Between Powerhouses Rule

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 15:24   Link #622
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Lluvia is out of the picture.

And if it's unfair to claim that Erza is weaker it's unfair to claim she can't kick everyone's ass.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 18:34   Link #623
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

None of us here think that Erza would single-handedly own Luxus and his group, but we are just pointing out Luxus' hypocricy of having a fight to determine who the strongest is without having one (possibly 2) of the strongest members of Fairy Tail in the fight.

Not to mention that we don't even know of some of the other strong members, like Mistgun, are even present.
Old 2008-10-20, 21:14   Link #624
Xhokhusmak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
None of us here think that Erza would single-handedly own Luxus and his group, but we are just pointing out Luxus' hypocricy of having a fight to determine who the strongest is without having one (possibly 2) of the strongest members of Fairy Tail in the fight.

Not to mention that we don't even know of some of the other strong members, like Mistgun, are even present.
I don't really think he's doing the fight for himself. His one and only target is probably just his gramps, and to take over the guild.

And as he mentioned in the past many, many chapters ago, his method of running a guild would be removing all of the weaker members. So his plan is more of taking down his gramps first, while his survival battle can be pulled off at the same time to screen out the weaker members.

As far as taking out the girls first, it's prolly either he hates girls and/or he just really needed hostages to force this entire gig into motion. :P He probably also did this to purposely draw the missing two out.

Anyways, the bottomline is, he's not trying to measure his OWN power. He just wants to take the guild and to kick (or er.. kill -_-) all the weaker members. Although he'd be more than willing to face anybody that comes for him.
Xhokhusmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 22:58   Link #625
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post

He can careless about the others, as he thinks only his gramps is enough to stand again him, and the other fights are pure decoration. And if you cannot avoid being turned into stone, you are weak enough to be thrown away.
Villains don't care about details.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 00:53   Link #626
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
He can careless about the others, as he thinks only his gramps is enough to stand again him, and the other fights are pure decoration. And if you cannot avoid being turned into stone, you are weak enough to be thrown away.
Villains don't care about details.
Very true...and this is often their undoing - their arrogance. I've seen many a villain screw up brilliant plans by underestimating their opponent. The most common example is leaving someone for dead only to find out later than he/she is still alive to stab them in the back at the most crucial moment.

Seriously, most villains suffer from chronic stupidity syndrome.
Old 2008-10-21, 02:00   Link #627
Xhokhusmak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
Very true...and this is often their undoing - their arrogance. I've seen many a villain screw up brilliant plans by underestimating their opponent. The most common example is leaving someone for dead only to find out later than he/she is still alive to stab them in the back at the most crucial moment.

Seriously, most villains suffer from chronic stupidity syndrome.
This is most evident with JRPGs.

XD
Xhokhusmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 13:07   Link #628
tehjoker
It's all useless.

Seriously, All Heroes suffer from chronic almost killed syndrome.
tehjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 02:53   Link #629
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Fun chapter. Can't make much from just the pictures though, waiting fro a trans.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 11:00   Link #630
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I still don't understand Luxus' rules. . . 0.o; Was it really that simple ? 0.o;

I mean, will Luxus actually going to fight all Fairy tail's member, or would he make all the fairy tail's member fight with each other (with the exception of his bodyguards of course. Maybe they're like a boss or something in RPG).

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 05:48   Link #631
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
I still don't understand Luxus' rules. . . 0.o; Was it really that simple ? 0.o;

I mean, will Luxus actually going to fight all Fairy tail's member, or would he make all the fairy tail's member fight with each other (with the exception of his bodyguards of course. Maybe they're like a boss or something in RPG).
New chapter shows Luxus's rule is not that simple.

Now it's entered straight into Onimusha/DMC-ish stage-clearing hack-and-slash.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 17:48   Link #632
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...well....o.o....that just threw everything for a loop....
Old 2008-10-23, 18:35   Link #633
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Heh, what an interesting chapter...

Spoiler for 108:
Old 2008-10-23, 18:39   Link #634
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Heh, what an interesting chapter...

Spoiler for 108:
I don't get how he can be a statue, so I'll go with over 80. Although somethings still fishy.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 18:57   Link #635
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
I don't get how he can be a statue, so I'll go with over 80. Although somethings still fishy.
Maybe the spell checks for statues by measuring a person's mental activity. In Natsu's case, it could be similar to that of a statue i.e. no activity at all .

Wouldn't that be hilarious?
Old 2008-10-23, 19:17   Link #636
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Maybe the spell checks for statues by measuring a person's mental activity. In Natsu's case, it could be similar to that of a statue i.e. no activity at all .

Wouldn't that be hilarious?
LOL, I wouldn't put that past Luxus actually haha.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 19:39   Link #637
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

ok was not expecting that to happen, now this raises soo many more questions about Natsu. Hope to god we get some answers soon enough.

could be some ancient old power sealed away inside Natsu that affects him from getting past the barrier(I hope this isn't the case, had enough of anicent old power hax being sealed away story>__<)

I somewhat see why Happy is called Happy, he's like fazed at first then gets past it extremely quickly lol. He is rather postive about almost everything
Old 2008-10-23, 20:19   Link #638
Boduar

My guess is hes offspring of Ig(something) and some woman and hes been searching for his dragon father/mentor for a very long time apparently.

P.S. Does lost the will to fight translate to dead or are they just unconscious.

Edit: is the dragon hes searching for Igneel ... been so long.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 21:29   Link #639
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Well, he does call Igneel his father (yes, that's the one he's been searching for)... perhaps it's more literal of him calling Igneel father than we thought

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 21:39   Link #640
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Well, he does call Igneel his father (yes, that's the one he's been searching for)... perhaps it's more literal of him calling Igneel father than we thought
I'm starting to think more and more that this is the case. Remember when Erza was captured, he was in lizard form for some time (technically it wasn't him, but from the others' reaction they know he has this ability). Maybe the lizard is actually a little dragon and it is his true form and the human form is just the disguise. 80 might be a pretty old age for a human, but in dragon years he is perhaps just a kid.

It certainly got a lot more interesting. Just imagine, a dragon as a main character - that would be so kick-ass.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen