AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 3 7.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 30.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 20.51%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 15.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 10.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 5.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 5.13%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-13, 01:11   Link #21
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangtang2k View Post
Spoiler for Just a thought!:

Do the TWIST!!!
But there is a risk. It may be too focused on Faldio/Alicia relationship (heck Faldio indeed has more screentime than Welkin when you think about it) , that later even if they switch to Welkin/Alicia at full power it won't have enough amount of focus to leave stronger impact.

We already past the half of the series mark and you cannot say that Welkin really looks like the main male character. Only OP's give that feeling (well the first one did, in the second one he is gone for the most of the time). And in fact that Welkin was reduced to such useless retard for the last few episodes while Faldio was shinning, doesn't help the matters either.
Old 2009-07-13, 20:28   Link #22
Snowman24

part of me thinks that...

Spoiler for my thoughts:
Old 2009-07-13, 20:52   Link #23
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
If that were the case, why does he make moves on Alicia even when Welkin isn't around?
Old 2009-07-13, 22:05   Link #24
kalbron

Because he's a horny sex-dog and he wants a piece of the pie before Welkin can eat? XD
Old 2009-07-13, 23:14   Link #25
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
Because he's a horny sex-dog and he wants a piece of the pie before Welkin can eat? XD
Bingo.

He's not getting the hint that she's not interested in him in that way. I've seen this plot twist before. And it's never good.
Old 2009-07-14, 00:09   Link #26
Darknemo2000

Well at first it really looked like like he was trying to put them together, but now I am not so sure. He is making moves on her even while Welkin is not around, and if you were to be saying that this way he is trying to help Alicia to realize her feelings, then I have to say that Alicia has already realized them and even tried to act following them, so its pretty much pointless to make moves on her while Welkin is not around.

So yeah, I have to disagree with Snowman24, and agree with justinstrife and kalbron - the idea that he is doing this just to help those two together seems to go out of the window. He is just horny for her and tries to get her for himself. And its not like it is pointless - Alicia blushes around him even more than she does around Welkin (mostly because he tries to be closer physically to her than Welkin), and Welkin is too dumb and useless character to be a good rival, so if he could break Alicia's attachment to Welkin he would be a glorious winner.

It really feels like scriptwriters prefer Faldio over Welkin, and drag Welkin along just because he is a main character in the game so he has to be in here. Of course, if we don't see another Ichigo100% - ending, then this should still end up with Welkin winning Alicia, but I doubt many would be satisfied with it, simply because Faldio had more moments with Alicia and is much more standing out as a character than Welkin.

If at first you could say that they are trying to focus on Faldio just so you could later use him as a plot device leaving the space open for Welkin to step in, but we are slowly moving into the second half and Faldio's build up process is still ongoing while Welkin is becoming more and more useless.

I know that this is a common trick - make your rival look like its going better, and then give a marvelous come back for a hero, but i am starting to doubt if the marvelous come back can fix it all.
Old 2009-07-14, 00:55   Link #27
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
The thing is this.

Faldio had always like Alicia to begin with but he knew there was some "romance" between Welkin and Alicia.

Being the good friend he was, he did what he could to try to get them to be more open with their feelings.

Seeing as how Welkin pretty much isn't going anywhere, he decided to pretty much step in and take it for himself (Could've worded that better but that's how I see it).

However, I suspect that Alicia has much stronger feelings for Welkin (During that kidnapping shows just how much they trust each other and that's not an easy thing to develop).

So once Welkin yanks his head out of the sand, then she'll easily return his feelings. Until then....
Old 2009-07-14, 00:56   Link #28
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
He's not getting the hint that she's not interested in him in that way. I've seen this plot twist before. And it's never good.
i think Alicia likes Faldio too, but she likes Welkin more, in a romantic way, from what i see, Faldio does have a chance, its Welkin fault for being so nice

this eps shows that Faldio is the one who solve the Isara Rosie problem, nice guy Welkin was not able to

the OP already showed it will be Alicia and Welkin together, i have no problem with this little romance twist

what worries me is the preview shows next eps will have no battle again, their super tank have to park in the hangar longer...
Old 2009-07-14, 00:57   Link #29
kalbron

So long as the anime follows the game's plotline Darknemo2000, a comeback is a given.

Then again, considering the other changes it could be possible that we're headed towards something completely different. Which would be hillariously horrible given the current trend of QUALITY writing. I might enjoy watching the burning train wreckage from that!

Hmm. Maybe the script writers for this studio are the sort who also write horrible shoujo manga? The stupid horn-dog who has a scrotum in his skull instead of a brain is awfully cliche there, not to mention having girls fall for him and regret it afterwards.
Old 2009-07-14, 01:00   Link #30
velvet nightmare

the realism in this anime is sooooo bad, but im probably stating the obvious

-alicia surprised she needs to reload??? honestly now
-a sniper missing a target with a clean shot and being discovered at the same time? (plot but w/e)
-commandeered tank hitting the top canon of the train when it's at the bottom of the valley?

anyways, back to alicia discussion, i think she still thinks of faldio as the flirt he was since first meeting him, tbh i still feel welkin has had the bigger jump in relationship standing
Old 2009-07-14, 02:21   Link #31
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
Maybe the script writers for this studio are the sort who also write horrible shoujo manga? The stupid horn-dog who has a scrotum in his skull instead of a brain is awfully cliche there, not to mention having girls fall for him and regret it afterwards.
Funny because I had the same thought too, the whole triangle set up and how it evolves really does sound like a horrible shoujo plot (horrible because lacks of any originality whatsoever).

On the other hand if Alicia will end with Welkin then at least ending would not be that abused Shoujo traingle ending.

In Shoujo's it goes like that - a girl has crush on one guy, but that guy is just generally nice guy but is a total retard in terms of relationships and cannot understand that the girl likes him (or the girl is too shy), then comes in much more open second guy who spends more time with the heroine than the first guy, is open about his feelings and flirty. Heroine thinks the flirty/bad boy is bad and often cuts down the second guys advances on her and gets angry about his flirty nature, but as the time goes opens up for him.

The second guy is rather open about his love and since they spend more and more time together, sharing a lot of blushes and moments between them, the first guy finally notices that, and starts getting confused feelings. he evntually realizes that he actually loves the girl and confesses - but the girl now is torn apart because though she thought she likes the first guy because she shared much more common moments with the second guy she starts to wonder if she really loves the first guy or was it kjuts a puppy-like crush.

Now shoujos usually go two ways regarding the ending - either the girl instantly chooses the second/flirty guy or she starts going out with the first guy on whom she had a crush and then realizes that this feeling was just a crush while she really likes the second guy and then breaks her relationship and goes to the second guy's arms.

And no, the nice but dumb guy almost never wins in shoujo's. So in a sense VC would be bit original ending of done to death shoujo triangle set up, the problem is that Alicia's moments with Welkin doesn't look all that convincing, maybe because Faldio feels more like a main character rather than Welkin. The only places where it looks like Welkin is the main is the very beginning of VC and OP. In terms of actual focus later on Faldio has more screen time than he does though.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2009-07-14 at 04:58.
Old 2009-07-14, 09:20   Link #32
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Won't it be funny if she chooses Faldio in the end? I can already see the writers selling Ice-cream.
Old 2009-07-14, 09:53   Link #33
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleri View Post
Won't it be funny if she chooses Faldio in the end? I can already see the writers selling Ice-cream.
No, that would not be funny.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-07-14, 10:26   Link #34
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleri View Post
It'd be funny... <--the reactions of the people who played the game

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-07-14, 11:49   Link #35
Darknemo2000

Well if script writers are indeed shoujo lovers, then Alicia choosing Faldio is not completely impossible, despite the OP, we don't have that much of Alicia/Welkin material that we could say that this pairing is the only one possible.

And again in most of shoujo's its characters like Faldio that win in most of the cases rather than the likes like Welkin.

Besides it would be interesting and good move to anger game fans, though nothing can beat this season's Endless Eight, they can still hit somewhere where it would hurt.
Old 2009-07-14, 11:55   Link #36
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Well another pretty darn good episode. This series is finally starting to catch my interest again like it did in the beginning. The last few episodes have given me something I like more about the anime than the game. Rosie's prejudice has a more realistic feel to me in the anime. I'm already excited about next week since we finally get some Largo develpment.

Now about Faldio I can't help but like him more than Welkin in the anime at this point. So I guess if they made Alicia end up with Faldio I wouldn't be quite that upset.
Old 2009-07-14, 13:07   Link #37
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
It'd be funny... <--the reactions of the people who played the game
l would cry myself to sleep while hugging my pet bunny snoopy....
Old 2009-07-14, 16:44   Link #38
kalbron

I'd laugh. Especially if all the events of the game come to pass. It'd be something like out of the ending of some of the worst kind of horrible shoujo, where the girl gets horribly abused by the bad guy but still chooses him over the nice guy. (As a side note, why is it that Japanese female mangaka seem to like promoting abusive relationships?)

It would be utterly hillarious and worthy of this train wreck!
Old 2009-07-14, 17:13   Link #39
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Now about Faldio I can't help but like him more than Welkin in the anime at this point. So I guess if they made Alicia end up with Faldio I wouldn't be quite that upset.
If the utter failure which is faldio ends up with alicia ( highly doubtfull) l demand Juno to appear.
Old 2009-07-14, 17:46   Link #40
Snowman24

^
Spoiler for agreed:
Closed Thread