AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Old 2008-12-04, 01:52   Link #21
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Guess that person was expecting Lucky Star DVD sales numbers which were more then double the sales that Kannagi had, the most recent Lucky Star DVD (OVA) sold nearly around 32,000 in it's first week.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-24-october-14
Well, yeah. Lucky Star is sort of in this bizarre upper tier that few shows ever reach. It's almost like it's on the verge of crossing into the mainstream, and even people who don't normally buy anime DVDs "must have it". It probably has something to do with the animation studio, something to do with the publishing company/magazine, and something to do with the show itself. It's a magical formula that I'm not sure how easy it is to duplicate. Kannagi is probably about the closest I've seen done from the "outside", but it was definitely designed/engineered with at that in mind (and makes perfect sense given the key staff). It'll be interesting to watch the trends for future volumes. I think this could be the sort of show that keeps or builds momentum, and that's also a good thing.

The only thing that kills me personally these days is the whole Blu-Ray issue. I hate when companies don't just come right out and solicit Blu-Rays right away, because it makes you wonder if they're just going to wait until just after they release all the DVDs to announce it... (Pony Canyon, I'm looking at you here... )
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 08:42   Link #22
Starburst
Horo♥

http://akibahobby.net/2008/12/kotobu...or_sample.html

More pictures of the Zange figure there. Lots of 'em... lots of her bum too.
Starburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 22:04   Link #23
ZODDGUTS

Kannagi's first doujin?

Spoiler for Doujin pic:

Decent doujin Zange is only in it. Pretty much offering her services in another way then you seen in the anime/manga... Now where's the Nagi whoring herself doujins.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 02:12   Link #24
Westlo
Lets be reality

Don't worry, they are coming. Check sankakucomplex's Comiket 75 Mini-Preview blog post.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 04:25   Link #25
ZODDGUTS

Oh yes, can't wait to see how they plan to draw Nagi after what has happened.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 22:16   Link #26
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Does any one know if the first Nagi figure in this set (it's a couple pictures down) is a one off or something that might actually come out?

http://mpzerocos.exblog.jp/11615485/#11615485_1
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 11:56   Link #27
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Got my copy of the first Kannagi DVD release today... some comments.
They picked a very pretty picture for the cover.
Wow, they *really* cheaped out on the DVD box plastic, it doesn't even lay flat.
The DVD art itself is a repeat of the box art.
The menu art/music is very pretty.
No real extras (like interviews, VA clips, or making-of) -- that was disappointing as I always love watching VAs record their work.
DVD quality itself looked okay but WMP (Win7) played it way too brightly (gamma off the chart). Will check again with a player that has some freaking control knobs later.

Not bad overall, but I'd have happily paid a few bucks more for a bit more quality in the box and some extras.

Quote:
Does any one know if the first Nagi figure in this set (it's a couple pictures down) is a one off or something that might actually come out?
All the figures on that page look like custom art jobs - so I'll bet unlikely. However, there's some really cute unique work displayed there (the Kannagi singing you point out is very good and the Toradora! Taiga pics really stand out. Lots of unusual and delightful facial expressions on many figures).
Old 2009-08-29, 02:10   Link #28
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Followup.... fiddling with knobs and switching to full screen helps subdue the brightness a lot.

I put in a pre-order for the second volume. It comes with a "free shirt" (meh). I'd rather have a collection box.
Old 2009-09-25, 21:44   Link #29
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I have preordered the second volume of Kannagi and it have been shipped out yesterday, so I'm expecting it early next week or if a miracle, tommrow (I doubt it.)

The picture quality isn't bad and it's pretty good (the disc came on a dual layer DVD, and played back on a Playstation 3 upscaled.)
Old 2009-09-28, 21:07   Link #30
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Got the 2nd volume of Kannagi in the mail today... It looks similar to the first volume in the cover format, disc and the casing, except it contains Zange-chan this time.

The disc is a dual-layer disc and takes up to 7.3 GB if you were to rip the whole disc. This disc doesn't have that much in terms of extras compared to the first volume. It only have a textless ending and some trailers, but I'm expecting the picture quality to be the same.

and yes, this volume contains the 14th episode.
Old 2009-10-05, 21:45   Link #31
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Got my second half of the DVD set a few days ago... basically the same level of praise and damnation.

The shirt is actually something I might wear in some situations (gaming nights, conventions, etc) unlike the Lucky Star t-shirts (which I ended up giving away as nightshirts to some of my son's anime-fan girlfriends). Its the 3 femmes doing a little leap. The lack of caption makes it a bit iffy for public wear for someone my age