AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-09-30, 05:10   Link #1021
FateAnomaly

Ya, i think more than half the thread is the same old complaints repeated ad nauseam.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 05:13   Link #1022
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
This arc better be over with ch21 coz I can't stand Unzen, and of course that's assuming he won't be joining the SC.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 06:05   Link #1023
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& just because they can't doesn't mean they can post so much hate in this thread. I've got nothing against people sharing their opinion because i like to hear what people have to say, though it's getting a bit old with the amount of people who hate on this title, and not give a reason behind it.
I think there is a reason given. Many reasons in fact. Repetitive? Sure, but look a the treads where the reasons why one likes the manga is given. If you find this bad then surely you are not objective because a lot of reasons for liking are even worse than this.

Quite often there is no reason given at all like "I like this manga/anime. I think its great and the ending will be awesome too" and so on.

The pats on each other back happens all the time

Person A "I really like this chapter. Hero is acting strong and heroine is so cute."

Person B "Yeah it was awesome. I hope they become a couple soon."

And other like that, since you are fine with that positive patting on each others backs you should be fine with negative patting for sure, right? Or else you would be bathing in hypocrisy otherwise.

Its just that in this manga, instead of most 'I love it' comments, you get more 'I hate it' ones but you should blame it more on mangaka (or in this case the plot author) here since as ratings show it is not just small group of haters, which means that something is wrong with the manga.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 11:42   Link #1024
Nvis
Where are the good animes

There's gotta be less fighting after this.....the school can't be that big.

Unless her next opponent is like the nurse, secretary, vice-principal, principal, "School President".
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 14:13   Link #1025
Tiberium Wolf

Medaka morphed into DBZ! How can this be!?
Old 2009-09-30, 14:55   Link #1026
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
There's gotta be less fighting after this.....the school can't be that big.
I wonder if there will still be a school standing after all of this.

Though even if she would destroy half of the town, people would still praise her.
Old 2009-09-30, 17:23   Link #1027
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
^^above me
That's why I think this manga is 'retarded', so I drop it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Medaka morphed into DBZ! How can this be!?
Because the author can't keep his promise in one shot (Romance Breeding Ground Student Council)
It make the rating for this manga drop and then to try to 'save' it from being canceled, they turn it to battle manga, but IMO it's still useless because the rating still at the bottom five
Japanese sure must always keep their promise, even in manga serialization, or this will happen
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 17:49   Link #1028
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I want to see the spoilers already, I want to know if they have to rebuild the whole school.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 18:56   Link #1029
AdventSleeper

Not "They," Medaka will rebuild the whole school. .

But even after all this I still have hopes of hopefully Medaka SOMEHOW losing her "powers" and turning this series back into what it was supposed to be... but.. that's slim anyways.
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 06:22   Link #1030
KLGChaos
The Shermain

What will most likely happen:

Medaka will use her own money to rebuild. Everyone will forgive and forget the fact that she went demon mode, because she had stopped Unzen. Plus, it's Medaka, so she could murder innocent people and everyone would still just accept it. That is the law of Medala Box-- she is always right (no matter how much she says she's never right, what we've seen thus far contradicts that statement).

After that, Unzen will have a change of heart because of Medaka's evil side and join the council, with Onigase being the new Enforcer head. Either that, or she'll become VP and Unzen will vanish into obscurity with the rest of the cast.

One of the mangas biggest problems, I've noticed (along with all the basic stuff that's mentioned constantly), is that we're told about all these problems that Medaka has in order to get us to sympathize with her more. Yet, we're never shown any of it. We're told that she's scared, but we never see it. We're left to infer that she's insecure, but again through words and not actions. What we're shown is Medaka's strength and in a manga, the pictures, expressions and actions of the characters speak much more loudly than words.

In a book, yes, you rely on telling people things like that more, because they don't have the visual images to expand upon it. In manga, you rely much more on the art and actions of the characters far more than you do actual dialogue. In fact, I'm sure the reason many people don't believe that Medaka is good or scared, etc. is because it's constantly being told to us and not shown. What we're shown is her being aloof, tyrannical, arrogant, controlling and all powerful, so it makes it very hard for us to believe that she actually is as kind as everyone says.

Even this latest chapter, where we get to "see" her anger ends up becoming yet another powerfest full of bad dialogue. "I have almost no sanity left!" and "I'm going to fight you like a beast!" Don't say it... Just DO it. If Medaka just kept attcking him like a wild animal, I'd buy it and might be freaked out about it. But she spends more time talking about how she's losing her sanity and using violence than actually using it. Even the characters take it pretty much in stride, as seen in chapter 19, where they're basically just like "Well, she's pissed." A beast doesn't talk about what it's going to do--- it just attacks, non-stop. I don't consider two straight punches to be "attacking like a beast." A beast would stay on you, not letting up.

More than that her actions have to have lasting impact. If they just let rip down the school without issue, there's a problem there. If a everyone treats her the same, there's a problem there. Actions without consequence are completely unrealistic and just further pushes home the point that Medaka can do no wrong, no matter how mch they try to tell us that she can.

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2009-10-01 at 07:48.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 07:12   Link #1031
Arturro

I stopped hoping for any decent plot or character development. I'm just enjoying how this manga in each chapter gives hopes that in next chapter it will turn into something good, just to proof at the end of chapter how crappy it is. In other words it's a manga I love to hate

Last edited by Arturro; 2009-10-01 at 09:26.
Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 07:40   Link #1032
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
One of the mangas biggest problems, I've noticed (along with all the basic stuff that's mentioned constantly), is that we're told about all these problems that Medaka has in order to get us to sympathize with her more. Yet, we're never shown any of it. We're told that she's scared, but we never see it. We're left to infer that she's insecure, but again through words and not actions. What we're shown is Medaka's strength and in a manga, the pictures, expressions and actions of the characters speak much more loudly than words.
Well maybe thats some miscommunication between mangaka and Nisio? But again scenes (how they are set up) should be the work of plot author too...

Quote:
Even this latest chapter, where we get to "see" her anger ends up becoming yet another powerfest full of bad dialogue. "I have almost no sanity left!" and "I'm going to fight you like a beast!" Don't say it... Just DO it. If Medaka just kept attcking him like a wild animal, I'd buy it and might be freaked out about it. But she spends more time taking about how she's losing her sanity and using violence than actually using it. Even the characters take it pretty much in stride, as seen in chapter 19, where they're basically just like "Well, she's pissed."
Yeah I noticed that too, but this is not the first manga who does it. Normally if you are so pissed you do not start talking about how pissed you are but start acting... But again this is manga... Besides this is Medaka - she can melt her shoes by running, no walls are strong against her, she survives deadly explosions like nothing - surely being able to expres herself intelligently when she is in her animalistic rage mode would not be to tough for her.
Old 2009-10-01, 09:12   Link #1033
DesuX2

I enjoy Medaka Box for the ecchi more than the storyline.
DesuX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 10:06   Link #1034
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Yeah I noticed that too, but this is not the first manga who does it. Normally if you are so pissed you do not start talking about how pissed you are but start acting... But again this is manga... Besides this is Medaka - she can melt her shoes by running, no walls are strong against her, she survives deadly explosions like nothing - surely being able to expres herself intelligently when she is in her animalistic rage mode would not be to tough for her.
You forgot to mention stand on the water pool

oh! Desu-bro? you can drop this manga anytime and get better replacement like Ane-Doki, Honey Coming, etc with more interesting char and plot/storyline
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 20:11   Link #1035
Jourdal

Quote:
Well maybe thats some miscommunication between mangaka and Nisio? But again scenes (how they are set up) should be the work of plot author too...
Well Deathnote was like this and looked how that turned out..if How to read 13 is an indicative..the lack of communication made the manga better (like Obata not know who was the yotsuba kira)

Quote:
We haven't gotten good ecchi since the swim competition...
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 21:22   Link #1036
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesuX2 View Post
That and the funny for meh!
It's funny how Medaka pops up behind people imitating whatever they were doing.[Like in Ch1, when Zenkichi points at you(Shiranui) that he will "definitely" not join the SC and Medaka's right behind him imitating his gesture.]

A story could help though, since it's a weekly manga.

Claymore/R+V and other monthly mangas with storyline are a hellish wait. You'd probably forget what the heck's going on after a few years.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 03:00   Link #1037
OctoberFlames

Quote:
What will most likely happen:

Medaka will use her own money to rebuild. Everyone will forgive and forget the fact that she went demon mode, because she had stopped Unzen. Plus, it's Medaka, so she could murder innocent people and everyone would still just accept it. That is the law of Medala Box-- she is always right (no matter how much she says she's never right, what we've seen thus far contradicts that statement).

After that, Unzen will have a change of heart because of Medaka's evil side and join the council, with Onigase being the new Enforcer head. Either that, or she'll become VP and Unzen will vanish into obscurity with the rest of the cast.

In a book, yes, you rely on telling people things like that more, because they don't have the visual images to expand upon it. In manga, you rely much more on the art and actions of the characters far more than you do actual dialogue. In fact, I'm sure the reason many people don't believe that Medaka is good or scared, etc. is because it's constantly being told to us and not shown. What we're shown is her being aloof, tyrannical, arrogant, controlling and all powerful, so it makes it very hard for us to believe that she actually is as kind as everyone says.

Even this latest chapter, where we get to "see" her anger ends up becoming yet another powerfest full of bad dialogue. "I have almost no sanity left!" and "I'm going to fight you like a beast!" Don't say it... Just DO it. If Medaka just kept attcking him like a wild animal, I'd buy it and might be freaked out about it. But she spends more time talking about how she's losing her sanity and using violence than actually using it. Even the characters take it pretty much in stride, as seen in chapter 19, where they're basically just like "Well, she's pissed." A beast doesn't talk about what it's going to do--- it just attacks, non-stop. I don't consider two straight punches to be "attacking like a beast." A beast would stay on you, not letting up.

More than that her actions have to have lasting impact. If they just let rip down the school without issue, there's a problem there. If a everyone treats her the same, there's a problem there. Actions without consequence are completely unrealistic and just further pushes home the point that Medaka can do no wrong, no matter how mch they try to tell us that she can.
Wrong.

I am predicting a Tommy Westphall ending a la St Elsewhere. Medaka beats the enforcers and everyone cheers for her as she stands on the rubble as if it were a podium.

Then we cut to a page showing a malnourished Medaka holding a snowglobe of the school. Apparently she was autistic and the entire series had played out in her imagination. The end.
OctoberFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 08:08   Link #1038
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberFlames View Post
Wrong.

I am predicting a Tommy Westphall ending a la St Elsewhere. Medaka beats the enforcers and everyone cheers for her as she stands on the rubble as if it were a podium.

Then we cut to a page showing a malnourished Medaka holding a snowglobe of the school. Apparently she was autistic and the entire series had played out in her imagination. The end.
You know, I think I'd prefer that ending....
Old 2009-10-02, 13:09   Link #1039
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Spoilers galore!

http://imepita.jp/20091002/590060
http://imepita.jp/20091002/590760
http://imepita.jp/20091002/591490
http://imepita.jp/20091002/591650
http://imepita.jp/20091002/592250
http://imepita.jp/20091002/593420
http://imepita.jp/20091002/592500
http://imepita.jp/20091002/594360
http://imepita.jp/20091002/594530

Interesting end to this.
Spoiler for Medaka Box Chapter 21:
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 13:35   Link #1040
Dark Mage

ROFL Shiranui! And crap I wanted only Zen to be the Hero but the Lesbo and Narcissit just had to butt in

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council