AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-17, 22:38   Link #1661
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
..heh, using a fanart website to prove those people are the reason why this series sells so much is pretty ridiculous, really.
Reborn! is perhaps the king of fujoshi in Japan and the anime was cancelled due to very low dvd sales.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 22:50   Link #1662
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Goty: Hey, it's not like I said it was an infallible source; just a helpful tool to track trends in-fandom on my side of the Pacific. The actual empirical data that Triple R needs though, is harder to provide, as it requires 'boots on the ground', preferably in the Tokyo area.
Old 2011-09-17, 22:55   Link #1663
Aesthetic Shampoo

I just laughed at the absurdity of the after credits scene.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 22:56   Link #1664
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
There have been yaoi anime put out on DVD and/or Blu-Ray.
False. Very false. There has never been any BL genre anime/OVA that was put in BluRay, EVER. It is still rare (if not at all) to see female oriented anime, for God's sake, to have Blu-Ray release.

Is it so hard to accept that fujoshis do have a hand in getting the sales up? Perhaps the half was a bit too much of a hyperbole, but considering a lot of the fujoshi fandom is diehard for T&B, is it so hard that, yes, they do pull out cash for getting a lot of T&B goods, even the Blu-Ray since they get the option to buy it.

Oh and comparing this to any other Sunrise cash cow is weird: T&B was a big anomaly in that it does not have much expectation to sell or noticed beforehand in general Japanese fandom, unlike long-running Gundam series or Code Geass that has... Uhhh... 'Fantastic' (UBER YMMV) CLAMP design at first. T&B is also not exactly mecha-tastic, our two titulary mains suits do not bolster anything from mecha fans like Macross' or Gundam's

Dropping the issue, though, since it is almost impossible to find exactly concrete statistic that RRR want, even though getting the contradicting evidence is a no-no too.

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 23:12   Link #1665
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
False. Very false.
There's a reason I used the "and/or", and not just "and". I haven't tracked every BL or BL-esque anime that's ever been released for sale, so I wanted to play it safe with the "and/or". But I'll take your word for it that a BL anime has never been released on Blu-Ray (that being said, Tiger and Bunny isn't a BL either, so...)

I find this notion that DVD-to-Blu Ray makes all the difference in winning over fujoshis to be pretty presumptuous based on the arguments I've seen presented so far. On what rationale do you or Westlo or Myssa Rei believe DVD-to-Blu Ray makes such a massive difference?

Anime sold perfectly well on DVD before the recent massive shift to Blu-Ray. What makes fujoshis different here than other anime fans?

Quote:

Is it so hard to accept that fujoshis do have a hand in getting the sales up?
Of course not. There's a world of difference between "The success of Tiger and Bunny in Japan is nearly solely due to Fujoshi's" and "fujoshis do have a hand in getting the sales up".

I'm not disputing the latter at all, merely the former. I would in fact say that Fujoshis likely did contribute a significant amount to Tiger and Bunny's sales... but not so much that Sunrise should be scared to death of putting one of its male leads with a female romantic partner.

Quote:

Oh and comparing this to any other Sunrise cash cow is weird:
No, I don't think it is.

Due to Sunrise switching over to an OVA format for Gundam properties, I think there's been a lot of untapped mecha marketplace out there, much of that market being Sunrise fans.

Tiger and Bunny is not exactly mecha, but it's pretty close at least (in the same way that Nanoha is pretty close), and given the relative scarcity of big mecha TV series titles in recent years, that may well be enough to bring in the traditional Sunrise/mecha fanbase.

I mean, that "Luck Mode" move that Tiger and Bunny pull off together is rather mecha-esque, imo.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2011-09-17 at 23:36.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 23:13   Link #1666
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Well that was an incredibly fruitful topic detour.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 23:31   Link #1667
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Spoiler for Group fanart:

Houkago Hero time!

TIGER & BUNNY will continue...

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-09-18 at 00:26.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 23:45   Link #1668
jedinat

The last episode was okay, but I don't get why they went where they did with Tiger's powers... when they first went into "decline" it seemed like rather than them getting weaker he had more control over them... i.e. he could be more powerful but for a shorter amount of time. Then they just dropped that whole aspect of the issue and pretended the time limit was just getting shorter. There's really no reason for him to be losing his powers at all in the context of the story. Heck, the bad guy was like 70 and still powerful.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 00:10   Link #1669
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
I find this notion that DVD-to-Blu Ray makes all the difference in winning over fujoshis to be wildly presumptuous based on the arguments I've seen presented so far. On what rationale do you or Westlo or Myssa Rei believe DVD-to-Blu Ray makes such a massive difference?

Anime sold perfectly well on DVD before the recent massive shift to Blu-Ray. What makes fujoshis so much different here than other anime fans?
Spoiler for off topic:

Quote:
I'm not disputing the latter at all, merely the former. I would in fact say that Fujoshis likely did contribute a significant amount to Tiger and Bunny's sales... but not so much that Sunrise should be scared to death of putting one of its male leads with a female romantic partner.
Ah, now I see. Certainly not having my coffee made me missed that last point

Me myself, I found it silly and overrated, and frankly full of anti-fujoshi/fangirls scent of bitter fanboys, of the notion that (I am sorry if this sounds like I'm putting words over your mouth ) fujoshi have control on Sunrise on to whether Karina should end up with Kotetsu (or any potential female LI, scarf-tan included ) or not. Currently, the only reason why Karina-chan has rather meagre chance even in S2 for me is that because it would not be in character for Kotetsu to say, consider her as potential LI--she is still not too much older than Kaede after all-- even when he have noticed her feelings. It's a long fight for Karina, indeed.

... But then, it's already like a good ol' trope in anime or comics imo, and having rather... Open relationships with little baits are the best way to not risking to lose a portion for the sake of sale Tell me you would rather have 4/5 than having a full 5/5 of the fanbase willing to buy your products and potential expansions to get more profits (i.e: the drama CDs, character songs etc...)

Little afternote: I hardly believe that even if Kotetsu do end up with Karina, they would give up and swears the series off as long as the bromance is prominent. Nature of fujoshi: if something is not canon, make it canon in fanon, or rampage by creating MORE fanon to the point fanboys got sick of it /runs before getting shot by her brethrens now

Quote:
Tiger and Bunny is not exactly mecha, but it's pretty close at least, and given the relative scarcity of big mecha TV series titles in recent years, that may well be enough to bring in the traditional Sunrise/mecha fanbase.

I mean, that "Luck Mode" move that Tiger and Bunny pull off together is rather mecha-esque, imo.
Differing opinion here, then. I consider something to be a mecha genre if it has the potential to talk about mechanical specification, and the humanoid suits sure is not pulling my mecha fangirl heartstring, as closet as it is

Hm, I think I'll get back to stalking the thread before people rampage this of off topic. /stalk mode on

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2011-09-18 at 00:24. Reason: Misspelling
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 00:17   Link #1670
Jeffry2009
Banned

Who was the true leader of Ouroboros? Is sternbild city has become a home of Ouroboros as we know it?

Talked about this show was all about twisted unfold unexpected story like we seen on Gundam series!
Old 2011-09-18, 00:27   Link #1671
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
The last episode was okay, but I don't get why they went where they did with Tiger's powers... when they first went into "decline" it seemed like rather than them getting weaker he had more control over them... i.e. he could be more powerful but for a shorter amount of time. Then they just dropped that whole aspect of the issue and pretended the time limit was just getting shorter. There's really no reason for him to be losing his powers at all in the context of the story. Heck, the bad guy was like 70 and still powerful.

It was said to be a rare condition which started with a burst of NEXT power then a decline in the power that ended with the NEXT losing their power. So the issue of the power burst was actually covered in the episode where Ben is explaining to Tiger that he is probably losing his powers (i.e. the power burst was a sign of the condition and didn't last but was a herald of bad things to come). It was never clear if Ben knew if this was inevitable or what the long term prognosis was on some of the other NEXT who had had the problem were (other than Mr Legend and his end didn't happen because of the power loss but because of how Mr Legend dealt with it). I personally have to hope that they might cover the entire phenomenon of the NEXT power loss in any potential S2 because the entire thing bodes poorly for all NEXTs. It can happen to any of them at any time for no known reason and little warning - not a good scenario IMO. This seems a good reason to figure out what is going on.

Also, the idea Tiger might get a second NEXT power was never ruled out, just that it wasn't what was happening at that particular point in time. So Tiger
Spoiler for just in case this is to close to being a spoiler for those who've not seen Ep 25 yet:
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 01:32   Link #1672
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
How much of Tiger and Bunny's popularity is due to fujoshis, and how much is due to older otakus who relate to Kotetsu? My suspicion is that the latter group accounts for the larger portion of the show's popularity, but I don't know. What's your thoughts here?
Sadly, fujoshis are from an evil powerful organization They are the one behind Ouroboros !! ... But honestly, I will not be surprised if it will be because of them that we will never have a KotetsuXKarina. And that's piss me off .

Fujoshi don't know what's friendship bewteen men...

Last edited by Kusa-San; 2011-09-18 at 01:48.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 02:08   Link #1673
Jeffry2009
Banned

This one needs a sub-forum asap since it's flooded by Images, rumors & stuff.
Old 2011-09-18, 02:20   Link #1674
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
This one needs a sub-forum asap since it's flooded by Images, rumors & stuff.
Agreed.

Btw, the second ending is out !
Old 2011-09-18, 02:31   Link #1675
Jeffry2009
Banned

Our mind has been permanently altered again...

Spoiler for Watch out! it will.. uh, never mind.:
Old 2011-09-18, 02:38   Link #1676
AleX_MytH

I guess I'm the only one here who'd like to see Kotetsu x Agnes pairing?
AleX_MytH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 02:40   Link #1677
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleX_MytH View Post
I guess I'm the only one here who'd like to see Kotetsu x Agnes pairing?
I thought Agnes had feeling toward Antonio ?
Old 2011-09-18, 02:49   Link #1678
AleX_MytH

Well, in "Bomb in Elevator" Agnes is seemed to be very impressed by Kotetsu's kindness, and they have something like love-hate (tsundere) relationship from start to end. I think they would be a great couple, definitly better than Karina and Kotetsu.
AleX_MytH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 02:57   Link #1679
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Agnes got all flustered around Barnaby in the Dragon Kid focus episode, so I wouldn't read anything for Kotetsu x Agnes. Personally, I think Karina x Kotetsu is far more likely then any other pairing for him. That said, I'd be surprised if they actually went into detail over the whole issue.
Old 2011-09-18, 02:59   Link #1680
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
The fujoshi issue aside, I have to wonder about Maverick's parting word... It seems that Ouroboros is ingrained MUCH deeper into the structure of Sternbuild than anyone truly knows, judging by that dollar. Mere mafia-like organization, or full-blown conspiracy ala Sons of Liberty, or Illuminati?

P.S. I didn't notice it at first, but Fire Emblem recommended (pay attention to the note just under the title) the book that Karina was reading? That's mind-boggling.

Tags
mecha, sunrise, tiger & bunny, tsundere