AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-04-23, 11:39   Link #41
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
OMG sakura you only had one job, you've doomed us all. I wonder how they will top Madara now, will it be another asspull power up? or actual outsmarting?

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 11:55   Link #42
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
OMG sakura you only had one job, you've doomed us all. I wonder how they will top Madara now, will it be another asspull power up? or actual outsmarting?
Oh come on, you know better than to count on Sakura

Anyway, Naruto and Sasuke were already pwning Madara. IF Madara does gets his hands on the Rinnengan, it'll just even out the playing field a bit more.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 11:56   Link #43
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuzu View Post
Since when can't he see the real Madara?
When madara activated "Limbo" jutsu...he split into light and shadow. it appears naruto can only sense the "light" half, i think
Old 2014-04-23, 12:28   Link #44
Owlman

Quote:
what naruto power-ups do you feel are "asspulls"?
Owlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 13:05   Link #45
SeanQ

that eye snatch lmfao
Old 2014-04-23, 13:32   Link #46
Lunarskylar

madara just powered up by absorbing the tree, and still needs his next eye haha

so what's sasuke's power exactly? teleportation?
Old 2014-04-23, 13:34   Link #47
Cookie-Monster

I think kishi was inspired by the recent awesome filler episodes. Danzo did the same thing to shisui. Just popped his eyeball out instantly in the middle of a fight lol.

Its pretty clear what happens now. Obito loses his remaining rinnegan to madara. Then he gives his sharingan to kakashi. That might actually give kakashi a powerup. Always seemed that obito's sharingan was more powerful than the one kakashi had.
  • Can someone explain the "straight commas" phrase madara kept repeating?
  • I thought those sharingan patterns were just "cosmetic" differences. Does that mean that every Sharingan MS has a distinct ability that other MS users cannot do?
  • Weve seen that itachi/madara/sasuke can all use susano. I'm assuming any MS user can also learn to use the other techniques like Ametarasu and Izanami/Izanagi. But what about something like Kamui? Obviously he cant visit obito's kamui realm directly, but can he use his own kamui?
  • In other words do sharigan patterns have "unique" abilities that other sharingan's cannot duplicate? Whats so special about "straight commas"? (sounds like a cheesy rap group)
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 13:56   Link #48
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie-Monster View Post
I think kishi was inspired by the recent awesome filler episodes. Danzo did the same thing to shisui. Just popped his eyeball out instantly in the middle of a fight lol.

Its pretty clear what happens now. Obito loses his remaining rinnegan to madara. Then he gives his sharingan to kakashi. That might actually give kakashi a powerup. Always seemed that obito's sharingan was more powerful than the one kakashi had.
  • Can someone explain the "straight commas" phrase madara kept repeating?
  • I thought those sharingan patterns were just "cosmetic" differences. Does that mean that every Sharingan MS has a distinct ability that other MS users cannot do?
  • Weve seen that itachi/madara/sasuke can all use susano. I'm assuming any MS user can also learn to use the other techniques like Ametarasu and Izanami/Izanagi. But what about something like Kamui? Obviously he cant visit obito's kamui realm directly, but can he use his own kamui?
  • In other words do sharigan patterns have "unique" abilities that other sharingan's cannot duplicate? Whats so special about "straight commas"? (sounds like a cheesy rap group)
  • I believe that the "straight commas" thing is a bad translation. Personally I think Madara is referring to the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan. If you think about it, only Madara and Sasuke have achieved that power in the history of the world.

• I don't believe every MS has a unique ability. Obito and Shisui had unique abilities, but nobody else did.

• Izanagi and Izanami are not MS abilities, they can be achieved with regular Sharingan. And obviously Madara does not have his own Kamui ability. Remember, he can revert his Rinnegan back to EMS at will. If he had Kamui, there was no need to take Kakashi's eye.

• Some MS users have unique abilities, and some don't. It seems that Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, and Susanoo are the three cookie cutter abilities that everyone has access to. However, we've never actually seen Obito use any of those abilities.
Old 2014-04-23, 16:14   Link #49
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Yeah, that spontaneous, almost instant, casual eye swapping is just ridiculous.
I think its much less ridiculous than absorbing a mountain-sized tree in a few seconds and then telling us that he has become an immortal god

It seems we won't get to see the infinite tsukiyomi, but since it turns out to be just a stupid Matrix-like chakra sucking and sleeping device we won't miss anything interesting.

Now i wonder which eye will Kakashi get, Obito still has 2 other eyes, but its very unlikely that he gets the rinnegan because its the evil Madara's eye. These are personal things, like for example im sure Sasuke won't lose his eyes because they were Itachi's gift, there's no way he loses such a personal thing.

But Obito still has his chamber of hundreds of sharingan eyes, i guess Kishimoto didn't forget that. A few hundred chapters ago my guess was that all those eyes will be inserted into the 10-tails so it become some super-eyed monster, but now that it was absorbed i don't see how Madara can use those. Maybe among them are the eyes of Sasuke's parents and Madara can use them to put an emotional pressure on Sasuke. Or maybe when they are about to beat Madara he will turn into a half-monster and then insert all those eyes into his monster body. If Madara loses his mind that might bring out the 10 tails monster, later in this fight.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 17:15   Link #50
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I think its much less ridiculous than absorbing a mountain-sized tree in a few seconds and then telling us that he has become an immortal god

It seems we won't get to see the infinite tsukiyomi, but since it turns out to be just a stupid Matrix-like chakra sucking and sleeping device we won't miss anything interesting.

Now i wonder which eye will Kakashi get, Obito still has 2 other eyes, but its very unlikely that he gets the rinnegan because its the evil Madara's eye. These are personal things, like for example im sure Sasuke won't lose his eyes because they were Itachi's gift, there's no way he loses such a personal thing.

But Obito still has his chamber of hundreds of sharingan eyes, i guess Kishimoto didn't forget that. A few hundred chapters ago my guess was that all those eyes will be inserted into the 10-tails so it become some super-eyed monster, but now that it was absorbed i don't see how Madara can use those. Maybe among them are the eyes of Sasuke's parents and Madara can use them to put an emotional pressure on Sasuke. Or maybe when they are about to beat Madara he will turn into a half-monster and then insert all those eyes into his monster body. If Madara loses his mind that might bring out the 10 tails monster, later in this fight.
Hundreds, hundreds... I don't know if he has that many. We don't know if Madara even knows about them. We've seen communication between both before Madara died and after he was revived, and it didn't come up. Besides, we don't even know if Sasuke's parents had the Sharingan. His mother most likely didn't have them, it seems like a trait far more common to the male clan members.
Old 2014-04-23, 17:18   Link #51
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

IIRC Straight commas is actually supposed to be 'choku-tomoe' or straight-swirl, so yeah, bad translation. As Rob said, it very much likely referring to Sasuke's EMS turned Rinnegan.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 17:45   Link #52
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
  • I believe that the "straight commas" thing is a bad translation. Personally I think Madara is referring to the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan. If you think about it, only Madara and Sasuke have achieved that power in the history of the world.
Perhaps. I mean supposedly the EMS can be acquired by a mangekyou user that swaps mangekyou with a brother. That requirement is not necessarily unique to just madara and sasuke.
It seems like madara was trying to draw some parallel between he and sasuke as if they identical. He was basically trying to figure out there bond. This connections he feels is most likely an allusion to the whole Indra-chakra-transmigrant deal. Unless, however the proclamation that he and sasuke aren’t blood related is a firm one and kishi is subtly hinting that sasuke and itachi are actually descended from Izuna.

This could be off the mark tho
Old 2014-04-23, 17:45   Link #53
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Hundreds, hundreds... I don't know if he has that many. We don't know if Madara even knows about them. We've seen communication between both before Madara died and after he was revived, and it didn't come up. Besides, we don't even know if Sasuke's parents had the Sharingan. His mother most likely didn't have them, it seems like a trait far more common to the male clan members.
There was a panel in the manga where in the background there's a wall full of sharingans in small glass containers. Madara most likely doesn't know about that because Tobito got it from the massacre, but that doesn't mean that he won't be able to reach that since now he has the eye to travel into the dimension where that room full of eyes is located.
It was discussed years earlier on this forum that Sasuke's mother was a jounin according to the data book, so i assume she had to have the sharingan. Also both of her sons were exceptionally gifted so we can assume that both parents had the right genes.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 17:54   Link #54
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I did not expect Naruto and Sasuke to make such a good team up. Madara is already retreating to get more power
Old 2014-04-23, 17:55   Link #55
Cookie-Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob View Post
IIRC Straight commas is actually supposed to be 'choku-tomoe' or straight-swirl, so yeah, bad translation. As Rob said, it very much likely referring to Sasuke's EMS turned Rinnegan.
He said the same thing before sasuke even had the rinnegan. (A few weeks ago).

I think there is still something to the whole "sharingan pattern" depicting different things. Theres no reason why shisui and obito would have special sharignan techniques that no one else has. It would make sense if every sharigan started out the same (the 3 points) and then eveolved into one of a set of MS "style". Each category style/pattern allowing for particular abilities. Perhaps every Mangekyo Sharignan style had its own "kekkei genkai" type skill. And the type madara had was a particularly rare one. And then sasuke comes along and Madara notes they have the same rare sharginan type?

Although you might be correct that hes simply referring to EMS when he says "straight commas".

Pretty funny phrase though. Why doesn't he just say "I see you unlocked the eternal mangekyo sharigan" instead of "I see you unlocked the straight commas".

"Oh nooooo ! Run for your life, Straight-Commas is on his way. I heard he puts people straight into comas" (sorry^^)
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 18:10   Link #56
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Damn...Kakashi got screwed...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 18:45   Link #57
Destined_Fate

Sakura wont die, I'm not even sure she'll even be hit. Maybe Obito will try to redeem himself one last time by forcing Sakura out of the way and taking the mortal blow in her stead.

That way he can, in a way, be saving "Rin" as Sakura is the Rin of the group.

Quote:
To be fair she didn't know she had that job til the last second when Obito told her to kill him just as Madara arrived to try and prevent that as he still wants dat eye.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 18:50   Link #58
Artful Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I did not expect Naruto and Sasuke to make such a good team up. Madara is already retreating to get more power
Seeing Madara retreat was momentous. I don't remember anyone in this war pushing him far enough to do that, he's been screwing around and taunting his opponents up till now. Naruto and Sasuke's teamwork was so enjoyable to read(as well as their bantering at each-other lol), and its only just the beginning. I'm definitely looking forward to this battle --though I think it could we could have gotten here much sooner without spoiling the plot in any way.

I'm wondering if Naruto will be able to further combine the elements to create "new" advanced elements out of already advanced elements(e.g. [fire+earth = lava], [wind+lightening = magnet], [lava+magnet = ??] ) that the ninja world hasn't seen before. I think some people may be kind of brushing off how potentially powerful his access to all these elements are. As far as elemental ninjitsu goes, he literally has an answer for everything and then some.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 19:01   Link #59
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
Seeing Madara retreat was momentous. I don't remember anyone in this war pushing him far enough to do that, he's been screwing around and taunting his opponents up till now. Naruto and Sasuke's teamwork was so enjoyable to read(as well as their bantering at each-other lol), and its only just the beginning. I'm definitely looking forward to this battle --though I think it could we could have gotten here much sooner without spoiling the plot in any way.

I'm wondering if Naruto will be able to further combine the elements to create "new" advanced elements out of already advanced elements(e.g. [fire+earth = lava], [wind+lightening = magnet], [lava+magnet = ??] ) that the ninja world hasn't seen before. I think some people may be kind of brushing off how potentially powerful his access to all these elements are. As far as elemental ninjitsu goes, he literally has an answer for everything and then some.
Yeah, but still, he can only apply them to his same old Rasengan... I mean sure the lava style Rasenshuriken was cool, as was the Shukaku patterned Rasengan, but you know they're still just "special" Rasengans... Like the rainbow Rasengans he always uses to finish off the bad guys in the movies.
Old 2014-04-23, 19:02   Link #60
DKN117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
Seeing Madara retreat was momentous. I don't remember anyone in this war pushing him far enough to do that, he's been screwing around and taunting his opponents up till now.
Agreed. Madara's been all cool and calm and everything for so long, having contingency plans for everything, and having everything under control. But now, between Obito betraying him and giving a power boost to Naruto, Eight-Gates Guy whooping his ass, Naruto cutting down the Great Tree, and now Naruto & Sasuke carrying the Six-Paths Sage's power and using it to team up and gradually overwhelm him, Madara is panicking. He's getting desperate, because his bag of tricks is running on empty. His situation is precarious and desperate, and the smug bastard knows it. Guy, Obito, and Team Naru-Saku have done the impossible: they've made Madara lose his cool and realize that things are going pear-shaped for him, and that he might actually have a chance of losing this whole thing. For the first time in the whole manga, he's lost his sense of absolute superiority and is starting to panic. And against him, that is a huge victory in and of itself, like Super-Saiyan Goku demolishing Frieza's ego.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion