AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-07, 09:40   Link #3121
Trung-t-rung

After what we have seen when the spirits go berserk, I wonder how much damage will Shidou cause at full power( if he is able to control it) if he himself goes berserk.
Well, now I understand why Kotori will have to kill him in worst case scenerio.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 11:03   Link #3122
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
After what we have seen when the spirits go berserk, I wonder how much damage will Shidou cause at full power( if he is able to control it) if he himself goes berserk.
Well, now I understand why Kotori will have to kill him in worst case scenerio.
Shidou won't be much of a threat if all the spirit took back their powers.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 11:07   Link #3123
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
Shidou won't be much of a threat if all the spirit took back their powers.
Which raises an interesting point. If Shidou goes berserk, will they be able to take back their powers?
Old 2013-06-07, 15:12   Link #3124
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Which raises an interesting point. If Shidou goes berserk, will they be able to take back their powers?
considering what Kotori told the Ratatosk leaders there should be a way... if Shidou ever goes negative, I mean can you kill someone thats immortal... with a huge ass sword, typhoon powers, mind control?, water manipulation just to name a few... there was a reason why I brought up the topic of Shidou also capable of accessing the inverse mode of his captures
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 20:30   Link #3125
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
considering what Kotori told the Ratatosk leaders there should be a way... if Shidou ever goes negative, I mean can you kill someone thats immortal... with a huge ass sword, typhoon powers, mind control?, water manipulation just to name a few... there was a reason why I brought up the topic of Shidou also capable of accessing the inverse mode of his captures
So we end up with a logic bomb:

If they could just take back their powers, then he wouldn't be a threat worth being worried about in the first place.They'd be worried about Kotori herself instead.

However, if the spirits can't retrieve their powers than how does the orginization expect her to kill
Quote:
someone thats immortal... with a huge ass sword, typhoon powers, mind control?, water manipulation just to name a few
as you put it?

I can think of two possibilities.

Either Shidou is a spirit, and his real power is some sort of "Drain" type ability. If he awakened for real he could forcibly steal everyone's power, and eat people the same way Kurumi did, except on an exponentially larger scale.

Or Kotori is somehow special and could take her ability back to fight him. Though I'm pretty sure "unsealed" Tohka is stronger then her....
Old 2013-06-08, 00:11   Link #3126
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
So we end up with a logic bomb:

If they could just take back their powers, then he wouldn't be a threat worth being worried about in the first place.They'd be worried about Kotori herself instead.

However, if the spirits can't retrieve their powers than how does the orginization expect her to kill as you put it?

I can think of two possibilities.

Either Shidou is a spirit, and his real power is some sort of "Drain" type ability. If he awakened for real he could forcibly steal everyone's power, and eat people the same way Kurumi did, except on an exponentially larger scale.

Or Kotori is somehow special and could take her ability back to fight him. Though I'm pretty sure "unsealed" Tohka is stronger then her....
actually I'm curious myself... Kotori as of right now stands as the strongest of them all even at "default" state so what would happen if she too accesses her "inverse" or hence negative state as we have seen with Tohka she's uncontrollable and is more powerful... what if the strongest one pumps it up to eleven...
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 03:37   Link #3127
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
HQ of picture posted earlier:

EDIT: On a side-ish note, AmAmi.com and AmiAMi.jp are showing widespread "Sold Out"s for various Date A Live merchandise, including pre-orders of both the BD and DVD versions of the limited edition volume 1.

More specifically, both .com and .jp are sold out of the version of the limited edition volume 1 that has their store-limited bonus telephone card.

Meanwhile, AmiAmi is also sold out of the limited edition version of the PS3 game (good think I got my order in a month ago >.>), and Play-Asia.com looks like it's sold out of its limited edition and Famitsu DX Pack editions of the game. (and that site's prices for the game are expensive, $90+ for the limited edition)

Last edited by Shinji103; 2013-06-08 at 04:16.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 04:50   Link #3128
sky black swordman

^ That's great news, sold out BD and DVD increases the chances for a season 2.
Old 2013-06-08, 08:06   Link #3129
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

They're also selling out of the First Presses on CD Japan for both BD and DVD.
Old 2013-06-08, 08:53   Link #3130
kazzuya13

Quote:
What if Shidou release his angel with the power of his captured spirit powering it. And by calculation if they were to take even a single power of a captured spirit shidou's body wouldn't be able to take the power and broke meaning if they take his power in dark mode he will die kind of setting.
Old 2013-06-08, 09:17   Link #3131
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
They're also selling out of the First Presses on CD Japan for both BD and DVD.
Getting it from Amazon though; CDjapan is a lot more exp

Edit: nvm, for the first vol, Amazon does not have any discounts....
Old 2013-06-08, 16:24   Link #3132
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
HQ of picture posted earlier:

EDIT: On a side-ish note, AmAmi.com and AmiAMi.jp are showing widespread "Sold Out"s for various Date A Live merchandise, including pre-orders of both the BD and DVD versions of the limited edition volume 1.

More specifically, both .com and .jp are sold out of the version of the limited edition volume 1 that has their store-limited bonus telephone card.

Meanwhile, AmiAmi is also sold out of the limited edition version of the PS3 game (good think I got my order in a month ago >.>), and Play-Asia.com looks like it's sold out of its limited edition and Famitsu DX Pack editions of the game. (and that site's prices for the game are expensive, $90+ for the limited edition)
is that just a pic or like a merchandise too? and agree play-asia cost too much for my taste..though some other sites has some exclusive freebies too..i think ebten has the A3 one for the game..then again i bought my BD vol 1 from kinokuniya should get me a little bit of discount

oh side note: seems DAL Encore #2 in weekly ranking down at MAL

Last edited by cloud04; 2013-06-08 at 17:54.
cloud04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 19:42   Link #3133
Miraluka
Banned

The Vol. 9 Limited edition is going to includ a bonus disc featuring animated scenes from Date A Live Encore's stories:

Origami Impossible:

Lets hope it will include Yoshino Fireworks and Kotori Birthday.

EDIT:

It seems vol.9 will be foccus on Origami.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 22:02   Link #3134
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
The Vol. 9 Limited edition is going to includ a bonus disc featuring animated scenes from Date A Live Encore's stories:

Origami Impossible:

EDIT:

maybe they would include a backstory why she into shido so much to the point of stalking XD
Old 2013-06-08, 22:28   Link #3135
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:

Origami Impossible:

EDIT:

Looking good there Origami! And Volume 9? I thought that we're only up to volume 7 so far.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 22:38   Link #3136
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
Looking good there Origami! And Volume 9? I thought that we're only up to volume 7 so far.
DAL Encore is the vol.8.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 23:11   Link #3137
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

To be honest, Date A Live Encore is more a SS volume, which is perfectly fine given that there were some major arcs in the volumes prior. Hopefully volume 9 will be something good, seeing as Origami finally gets focus.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 00:49   Link #3138
cloud04
Scanlator

maybe its the time she turns into a spirit
Old 2013-06-09, 00:54   Link #3139
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
Volume 9 has been scheduled for a December release for quite some time.

Quote:
DAL Encore is the vol.8.
They don't say aything about Encore being volume 8. It would make more sense that it's an SS volume seperate from volume 8, considering the usual time for the next volume to be released has been 4-5 months. So it makes more sense that volume 8 is going to be released maybe sometime in July, since volume 9 is all the way out in December.

I pointed it out back when Marly first posted about Encore's release a while ago.
Old 2013-06-09, 10:15   Link #3140
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
To be honest, Date A Live Encore is more a SS volume, which is perfectly fine given that there were some major arcs in the volumes prior. Hopefully volume 9 will be something good, seeing as Origami finally gets focus.
And here I thought that SS volume aren't counted in the volume count.

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy