AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2007-02-28, 18:40   Link #1
darkcloud

Yui ^^d

Recently I've been listening to a lot of Yui's music and she is quick becoming my favourate Japanese artist.. She has an awesome voice and most of her songs are very good.... She also has quite a bit of variety in the genre of music she releases....

I was just wondering who else is a fan of hers and what your favourate songs by her are?

And if you haven't heard it, and enjoy quite relaxing music listen to I remember you.
darkcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 11:57   Link #2
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
I could go on and on about how much I love her. Really, she's great.

It's unusual for me to like absolutely everything a singer does, but not one of her songs has disappointed me yet.
Jewelray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 13:21   Link #3
darkcloud

Yup, she is amazingly consistent with her songs and I'm suprised I don't hear her name more often.

It seems not too many people really take note of her. v.v;;
Old 2007-03-02, 15:58   Link #4
Jewelray

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
Yup, she is amazingly consistent with her songs and I'm suprised I don't hear her name more often.

It seems not too many people really take note of her. v.v;;
I think she has a pretty decent following. Her singles do decently on Oricon and she got a lot more famous after Tayou no Uta. She might not be the most popular, but at least the people who do like her are pretty dedicated.

I can't wait for her new album ^_^
Old 2007-03-03, 13:06   Link #5
darkcloud

Oh, oh, I know she has a decent following in Japan, but, not too many people seem to know of her in these parts. lol

I talk to people who only listen to Japanese music and they don't have a clue who she is. lol
Old 2007-03-03, 18:33   Link #6
Jewelray

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
I talk to people who only listen to Japanese music and they don't have a clue who she is. lol
Wow that's a shame. But I think that if they only listen to a few songs by her they'll soon be converted.
Old 2007-03-04, 00:23   Link #7
Xeiros

.yAW sworromoT dna efiL neewteb eit a si gnos etiorvaf yM !cisum s'iuY evol I
Old 2007-03-04, 01:15   Link #8
Jewelray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeiros View Post
.yAW sworromoT dna efiL neewteb eit a si gnos etiorvaf yM !cisum s'iuY evol I
...suoires uoy erA

no really, that too waaay too long to read.

My favorite, if I had to pick, which I can't but I'll make something up anyway would be: Life, Tokyo, Blue Wind, and I Remember You.

Ok so I can't pick just one and there are a bunch of other songs I feel like I should add to the list...
Old 2007-03-08, 20:36   Link #9
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I just listened to "Life" via youtube, and it seems a pretty nice song. I'll dig into more of her music.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 04:14   Link #10
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
There's never been any time where I've heard one of her songs, but I have a great deal of respect for her as a voice actress. Not sure how I'd like her music style though.

Hmm yeah it's that Sugar Pop style from most of what I've sample that I don't really care for, I'm more of a fan of Maaya Sakamoto's Idol style than this kind. Though not all of Yui's music is that kind and some of it would seem alright as an insert song, a lot of it isn't something I'd have in a playlist. She reminds me of Minmay now that I think of it, only Minmay's songs were meant to be cheesy Sugar Idol pop to cheer up the crew, except of course for Do You Remember Love, which was a different story all together. So yeah, Yui as an insert artist is not to bad an idea. Though I'll just stick to her as a voice actress and see what she comes up with in that capacity.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 08:29   Link #11
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

I've been listening to her songs for a while now and I have to say I like them. It's the kind of pop I like, the one that has a rockish beat to it. Her voice is nice, too, but she doesn't sing as well as say, Maaya Sakamoto. However, her songs are quite nice and light hearted enough to pass the day.

Old 2007-03-18, 19:34   Link #12
Jewelray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
There's never been any time where I've heard one of her songs, but I have a great deal of respect for her as a voice actress. Not sure how I'd like her music style though.
Voice actress? As far as I know, the only acting Yui has done is for Taiyou no Uta. Are you sure you're thinking of the right Yui?

Yui's new album is coming out soon! I heard a radio rip of one of the tracks (How Crazy) and I really liked it-- it's not too much different from the usual Yui style, maybe leaning more towards the Rolling Star rock sound. I also really like the new single, Cherry. It's such a fun, cute song. And the acoustic version is great too.
Old 2007-03-19, 13:11   Link #13
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelray View Post
Voice actress? As far as I know, the only acting Yui has done is for Taiyou no Uta. Are you sure you're thinking of the right Yui?

Yui's new album is coming out soon! I heard a radio rip of one of the tracks (How Crazy) and I really liked it-- it's not too much different from the usual Yui style, maybe leaning more towards the Rolling Star rock sound. I also really like the new single, Cherry. It's such a fun, cute song. And the acoustic version is great too.
Wait are we talking about Yui Horie or somebody else here? Apparently we are talking about somebody else. This Yui's music is much less painful than Yui Horie's Minmay stuff. Still think she could use a lot more passion, but at least the backup doesn't sound like Calliope anymore.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 15:48   Link #14
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Wait are we talking about Yui Horie or somebody else here?
We are talking about Yui.

Old 2007-04-03, 16:00   Link #15
Shiori-chan

her new album is out ^^, it's great, but Life stays my favorite, think one of the best lyrics i have heard
and she is so cute, want to be her
Old 2007-04-06, 12:21   Link #16
53RG10

Send a message via MSN to 53RG10 Send a message via Yahoo to 53RG10
[Eventhough I don't know that much Japanese, I'm beginning to listen to Japanese music. I only have albums from Makino Yui {Tenkyuu no Ongaku} and Maaya Sakamoto {30minutes Night Flight}.]

I decided to listen to Yui at the recommendation of a friend, so I got an album named "Can't Buy My Love". I don't know what she's saying, but that's not going to stop me from enjoying her music. It's very good so far. I recognized "Rolling Star" though, it's the opening for BLEACH!!
53RG10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 12:31   Link #17
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

If you're into Maaya Sakamoto then you should listen to her past works with Yoko Kanno, especially the album Shounen Alice. Her last album is crap compared to those.

I got Yui's last album. Nice, very nice. It stays within the boundaries of her first album, but it sounds very good.

Old 2007-04-06, 15:21   Link #18
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Yui
she is not my favorit J-artist, but I agree, she makes good music and she has a unique voice..
Old 2007-04-21, 06:05   Link #19
kenshinobu

Send a message via Yahoo to kenshinobu
fighting pose....

she's really suzoshi from what i read got sort of a kurt complex (but without uhm the angst and the skag) in the sense she's really uncomfortable talking to people (that was a lousy analogy huh? gome.. )- i saw her in music station and she couldn't lift her head up and wasn't all cutesy like the boybands or the pop stars in there....

she also likes to play subways i think or something which is cool (think that was from wiki... ).

ps. is maaya still famous in japan (considering pop stars have short life spans and agencies in japan are a bit naff)? loved her kimi wo kimi wo aishetaru song...escaflowne i think.
kenshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 12:41   Link #20
Shiroha
Deadly Pancake Tsukai

Send a message via AIM to Shiroha Send a message via MSN to Shiroha Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroha
YUI is definitely one of my favourite artists. Her new album is selling like hot cakes in Japan so hopefully this'll bump up her international popularity a bit. My favourite songs are Life, Merry-go-round and Umbrella.
Shiroha is offline   Reply With Quote