AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-04-03, 16:49   Link #1
yamato_D
Nazo no Tenshi

Blackbeard discussion thread [Manga]

what in the world do you guys think blackbeard is up to? i understand he wants to be a shichibukai, but do you think that's his life's dream? i figured it'd be becoming the pirate king, finding one piece, or whatever. but with that whole speach/rant he gave luffy about following one's dreams and saying the hell with the new age philosophy, you'd think he has some big aspirations in life.
also, i get that he killed members of his own whitebeard crew, but do you think blackbeard is really all that evil? he seemed very similar to luffy in a few ways. his eating habits (except their taste in food), immense strength, a supposed 'dream' and let's not forget the will of D. i suppose this things don't make him any less evil, but just a comparison to luffy.
whachya all think?

Last edited by yamato_D; 2006-04-03 at 17:10.
yamato_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 15:38   Link #2
000ace

Send a message via AIM to 000ace
he probably is goin to play alon g the lines as the real life blackbeard get famous but i doubt that he wants to be pirate king cause if he did he would of left the white beard piraes earlier!
000ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 19:38   Link #3
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

That would be an interesting twist, if Blackbeard actually had good valid reasons for his actions (or at least, persuaded Luffy that he did) and got the Straw-Hats on his side, then Ace caught up and had to fight Luffy...
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 21:54   Link #4
badmanversion1
LandLubber

There Could Have Been Some Extenuating Circumstances To The Crew Death That Ace Doesn't Know About Maybe ?? Like They Were Spies Or Something ??? Maybe They Wore Really Bad Fashion Accessorys ... I Dont Knooow
badmanversion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 18:50   Link #5
Dr.Kureha

Black beard.......Shichibukai.......theory

Now we all now that at the meeting of the Shichibukai blackbeard was discussed as a possible candidate....but the problem was, he is not well known enough, plus no on really knows how powerful he his, as we aint reli seen him in action.

For manga readers this might be easier but cast ur minds back all the way to the start of the drum island arc, n wher we meet chopper. In chapter 133, Dalton tell the strawhats that 2-3months ago the county was destroyed by a group of pirates, just 5 of them, and they were the black moustach pirates!

Now if u look at the silouetts of the pirates in the background as dalton says this, they look VERY similar to the blackbead pirates! The sharp shooter is the most easily reconised (Van auge i think he's called...cnt rememba).

Has anyone else seen this?

Does anyone else think that it is blackbeard, or some unseen powerful pirate crew?

Just general thoughts please!?
Dr.Kureha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 20:04   Link #6
Altharion
Pirate A

Send a message via MSN to Altharion
it was blackbeard, its pretty obvious... thats why ace came to drum island.
Altharion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-29, 09:59   Link #7
Snubben_Pierre

If one didnt notice that one must of been a retard ^^, hehe.. it was pretty easy spotted..
Snubben_Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-29, 11:38   Link #8
iKumdo
Chodan

Send a message via AIM to iKumdo
Genious theory. This is like the smartest thing I have ever heard.
I'm talking about Snubeen_Pierre's post by the way.
Old 2006-08-29, 13:22   Link #9
Snubben_Pierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKumdo
Genious theory. This is like the smartest thing I have ever heard.
I'm talking about Snubeen_Pierre's post by the way.
YAAAAAY!!! I came up with a genious theory.. ehhhh everybody see that!! GENIOUS THEORY! =D haha ^^,
Snubben_Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 00:04   Link #10
minimariam100

Send a message via AIM to minimariam100
I think i remember them mentioning somewhere in the anime that it was Blackbeard who destroyed Drum Island. I dont know when, but i knew that it was him while i was watching the show- so they must've said it. *i.. think..
minimariam100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 00:36   Link #11
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Yes, it was Dalton who told Vivi and Usopp that Blackbeard attacked Drum, which is why Wapol fled.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 00:39   Link #12
poopatrip
Luffyfan

it was them cause they say it and thats why the fat terd guy ran away
reemeber
poopatrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 13:36   Link #13
Dr.Kureha

Just askin cos i read the manga and dnt watch the anime......so its not made clear that its blackbeard, just hinted at.........
I'd like to reli see blackbeard in action then if he can do tht to whole country.
I know he obliterated tht guy into the floor with 1 punch but anyone know, or speculate what abilities he has?
Old 2006-08-31, 15:55   Link #14
minimariam100

hm.. i have no idea what kind of powers he would have, but if he was a subordinate to Ace- who knows how strong he is.
Old 2006-09-01, 09:09   Link #15
sleroux
seigaku substitute

blackbeard is a serious candidate for the titel piratking, I think he goin to be one of the ultimate bosses luffy has to pass in the end.

his a "Teach", in the authors mind hes probably avatar of Edward Teach the ulitmate pirate in realworld. Im worried about Ace
sleroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 11:50   Link #16
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleroux
his a "Teach", in the authors mind hes probably avatar of Edward Teach the ulitmate pirate in realworld. Im worried about Ace
Edward Teach was also known as Blackbeard ^^

I don't think we need to worry about Ace... afterall, Blackbeard worked underneth Ace and Whitebeard sent Ace out ALONE to take down blackbeard... sharing the name of the famous pirate is probably more of a reflection of his role in the story than is overall strength... blackbeard will probably end up playing a big role in One Piece, particularly when the "will of D" mystery finally begins to unravel
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 13:59   Link #17
Dr.Kureha

Blackbeard may have been hiding his true strength scince he worked underneath them. Whats not to say there was nuthin to stop blackbeard from kicking the crap outta ace beforehand apart from the threat of his other crewmates and whitebeard.

Btw slighly off topic but where did the other blackbeard crew mates come from???
Were they also members of whitebeards crew that just followed blackbeard?
Old 2006-09-01, 14:11   Link #18
sleroux
seigaku substitute

Ace does too have a "d" in his name, so he must be one of them elite pirates
however, among the other great ones, WhiteB, redhair, eagleeye, iceman
ace seems a littel weak, well perhaps hes not finishing develope yet
iam sure that he cant take off blackbeard alone, blackbeard & co. are too strong!
sleroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 14:44   Link #19
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Kureha
Btw slighly off topic but where did the other blackbeard crew mates come from???
Were they also members of whitebeards crew that just followed blackbeard?
Complete unknown, though i assume none of them are from Whitebeard's crew... Ace probably would have mentioned he was hunting for someone else along with blackbeard... though we do know, Laffite, the one that showed up to nominate Blackbeard for Schikibukai, was a former police officer from west blue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleroux
Ace does too have a "d" in his name, so he must be one of them elite pirates
however, among the other great ones, WhiteB, redhair, eagleeye, iceman
ace seems a littel weak, well perhaps hes not finishing develope yet
iam sure that he cant take off blackbeard alone, blackbeard & co. are too strong!
Nah, i think the only reason he seems a little weak is because he's a subordinate and not a leader/highly-named like the rest... Had he been running his own crew or if poeple reconized him and feared him, you probably wouldn't get that same feeling from him... afterall, "firefist ace", doesn't sound as threatening as "Strongest man in the world", "Strongest swordsman in the world", or "one of the strongest of the marines"... but ofcourse, being a high-ranking subordinate under Whitebeard, isn't really a title you can scoff at easily

Take on blackbeard, yes... take on blackbeard AND his crew, not as sure
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 15:38   Link #20
minimariam100

I remember they last showed Ace with Buggy- who said he would help Buggy look for Luffy. They never really said anything about what happened to that.

Maybe Strawhats and Ace will meet up again, and fight Blackbeard + crew together. That would be cool! I'm sure they could take them.