Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-06, 01:29   Link #1561
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
It's indeed pretty rare. Here's a detailled overview for the age of consent in countries over the world. As you can see from the map, age of consent for Japan is uniformly 13.

Only TECHNICALLY. As Noctis Lucis stated, prefectural law pushes up age of consent in ALL prefectures except Nagano (no idea why - rural area? low birth rate?) to 18.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of..._in_Asia#Japan

Maybe YnS is based in Nagano.
Old 2010-12-06, 03:06   Link #1562
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
I would raise the objection that, whether or not the person ended up enjoying it, sex without consent is always rape. How the other person reacts does not suddenly change the fact that the initiator was going through with the act without regard for how the other person felt about it.

So Nao did rape Haruka. That he is willing to blow it off because he had sexual attraction to her was a big moment of frustration for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
That was my thought right there Ricky, Haru just blew off something that made him feel very, very uncomfortable, getting raped all of a sudden, and then just accepting it the next without any chat about how it could have been cleared up.. He seemed very distant after that rape.
Should we go back to this

The rape conclusion, as explained several times, is based on wrong assumptions (lack of consent, confusion, etc). Please, check the posts in the previous pages.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 05:15   Link #1563
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

wow can't believe it at 13yrs old it can be....
that's why i like more in Japan

EDIT: btw, thanks for that screenshot... *grits teeth*

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 06:43   Link #1564
Peanutbutter

"Everything up till now has been a dream".

Indeed.

Now, let the win begin.

Last edited by Peanutbutter; 2010-12-06 at 09:56.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 10:28   Link #1565
Equidistant

Well I took a look at some spoiler images since the episode probably won't be watchable for a while, and it seems they've decided to blatantly censor the Sora ecchi scenes.
Equidistant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 10:56   Link #1566
Midonin
Last Engage

The same thing was done with Kazuha, so the argument may be misguided.

Spoiler for YnS 10 - Keitai Shoujo:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 11:19   Link #1567
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Well if there was any doubt left about the kiss scene between Sora and Haruka as kids back in episode 1, this episode pretty much proves it wasn't Sora's imagination since Haruka has the same exact memory.

And yeah there's some somewhat heavy censorship in this episode, although I'd argue even more than there was back in Kazuha's arc; they still showed some full cleavage while we get none here. Looks like we'll have to wait until the release of Sora's arc on BD/DVD on April 4th '11 to get it uncensored.

Of course it remains to be seen for sure if the BD/DVDs will be uncensored at all. We'll find that out on the 22nd this month. (unless I missed some official announcement saying that the BD/DVDs would be uncensored)
Old 2010-12-06, 11:52   Link #1568
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Well if there was any doubt left about the kiss scene between Sora and Haruka as kids back in episode 1, this episode pretty much proves it wasn't Sora's imagination since Haruka has the same exact memory.

And yeah there's some somewhat heavy censorship in this episode, although I'd argue even more than there was back in Kazuha's arc; they still showed some full cleavage while we get none here. Looks like we'll have to wait until the release of Sora's arc on BD/DVD on April 4th '11 to get it uncensored.

Of course it remains to be seen for sure if the BD/DVDs will be uncensored at all. We'll find that out on the 22nd this month. (unless I missed some official announcement saying that the BD/DVDs would be uncensored)
I thought it the kiss was only Sora's imagination but Haruka did save Sora from the falling jar. I guess there's something amiss here. Could this be before or after Nao raped him? Because him kissing Sora out of the blue is a bit awkward. But either that, or Haru in the end, was disgusted at what he did or he simply doesn't believe what Sora was doing in the end.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 12:10   Link #1569
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I thought it the kiss was only Sora's imagination but Haruka did save Sora from the falling jar. I guess there's something amiss here. Could this be before or after Nao raped him? Because him kissing Sora out of the blue is a bit awkward. But either that, or Haru in the end, was disgusted at what he did or he simply doesn't believe what Sora was doing in the end.
It was a flashback partway through the epsiode, well before that end part wit Sora, so it doesn't have anything to do with that.

And just in case for all those thinking it, no he wasn't enjoying recalling the kiss. He seemed rather troubled by it.

Either way though, it's definitely a fact now that the kiss flashback Sora had back in episode 1 wasn't Sora's imagination, since as said Haruka recalls the exact same event in this episode.
Old 2010-12-06, 12:11   Link #1570
Slayn

Crap.. I don't like where this is going >_> too much needless (added) drama >_<

And what a way to start Sora's route...
Spoiler for Ep 10 spoiler:

Spoiler for game comparison:

Sora's route had enough drama as it was now it's going to be cheesy in the anime
Slayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 12:50   Link #1571
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayn View Post
Spoiler for game comparison:

Sora's route had enough drama as it was now it's going to be cheesy in the anime
Um, Haruka isn't crying in that scene. I'm not sure where you got that idea from. He's panting there, not crying.
Old 2010-12-06, 12:52   Link #1572
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Um, Haruka isn't crying in that scene. I'm not sure where you got that idea from. He's panting there, not crying.
Because of all the "muscles" he used?
Old 2010-12-06, 13:01   Link #1573
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
Because of all the "muscles" he used?
And fyi he wasn't "self-exercising." He witnessed an erotic scene and there are certain set points to how men react to erotic scenes in Japanese animation. Provided they're not rape-crazy perverts.

*bangs head on desk* Bah my bad,
Spoiler for Episode 10:
but I don't see how it's a bad thing or that it's unnecessary drama. I mean, what would you expect? He probably does feel some responsibility for it; he was the one who kissed Sora back when they were kids.
Old 2010-12-06, 13:33   Link #1574
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
GODDAMNIT! I knew Sora would get the shaft. Why can they show everyone naked but her? I mad.
Old 2010-12-06, 13:39   Link #1575
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Has there ever been a case where the R2 DVD/BDs of a show have kept TV censorship? They shouldn't need to announce that it'll be uncensored. Now, granted, that doesn't meant they'll be reanimating anything to be more explicit, but things like oddly-placed lighting and shadows were added by the TV stations anyway so aren't part of the actual anime.

And by the way, Sora's Blu-Ray is being released on 23 March; the "Regular Edition" is being released on 6 April.
Old 2010-12-06, 13:57   Link #1576
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Has there ever been a case where the R2 DVD/BDs of a show have kept TV censorship? They shouldn't need to announce that it'll be uncensored. Now, granted, that doesn't meant they'll be reanimating anything to be more explicit, but things like oddly-placed lighting and shadows were added by the TV stations anyway so aren't part of the actual anime.
I'm just covering my bases ; unfortunately it wouldn't be the first time I've made logical assumptions like that, and then "Guess what? WRONG!!"

Quote:
And by the way, Sora's Blu-Ray is being released on 23 March; the "Regular Edition" is being released on 6 April.
Ah yes, that's right; I'm not used to sperate editions being released on seperate dates.
Old 2010-12-06, 14:36   Link #1577
relentlessflame

*Administrator

About Episode 10 itself...

Spoiler for Episode 10:
Old 2010-12-06, 14:49   Link #1578
Slayn

Quote:
but I don't see how it's a bad thing or that it's unnecessary drama. I mean, what would you expect? He probably does feel some responsibility for it; he was the one who kissed Sora back when they were kids.
It is unnecessary drama in my opinion because...

Spoiler for game and anime comparisons:

Well In my point of view that's how it looks like in the anime

EDIT: Nevermind what relentlessflame wrote up there seems to make sense.... maybe it's just the game fan in me of not wanting "changes" done to the story but oh well I should just watch the show as it is but I have 1 thing I'm really looking forward to in Sora's route.... full on dere~dere mode ^_^
Slayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 14:50   Link #1579
Miraluka
Banned

About Haru.
Spoiler for Episode 10: My little sister is really this slut:

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-12-06 at 23:05.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 15:49   Link #1580
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep10:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation