AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-04-17, 12:23   Link #2341
kaigan
Segmentation fault

regarding walpurgis, i'm revisiting this scene between kyouko and homu in the latter's residence. homu had predicted and pointed out where walpurgis will likely appear. going back to ep1, right before madoka opens the exit door, we see this scene of modern looking buildings (3 maybe) close to each other with glass window reflections of remnants floating on air. the buildings reminds us of the city hospital. the same shot of buildings appears everytime sayaka visits kyousuke.

with this little evidence, i'm inclined to believe that walpurgis will appear in the hospital or at least near it. hospitals seem to play an important venue in the story. homu wakes up in the hospital. saya regularly visited kyou in the hospital. mami's final fight was in the hospital.

additionally, if walpurgis is a single entity and appears near the hospital, she might be a suffering patient like charlotte (as some have speculated) or a severely depressed relative/friend of a patient.

of course i'm maybe wrong. the building scene in ep1 may have been shown just then to show the witch is already attacking the entire city, not particularly originating from the hospital.
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 17:38   Link #2342
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Yeah...what's next...? a VN adaptation by Nitro+?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I really want this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
As long as we get to play as Kyuubey wandering around trying to trip flags and make contracts, I'm on board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
I'm scared to see what the narration of the story from his perspective would be like, if this came true.
It seems I tripped an idea flag. Good job, Kyubey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigan View Post
regarding walpurgis, i'm revisiting this scene between kyouko and homu in the latter's residence. homu had predicted and pointed out where walpurgis will likely appear. going back to ep1, right before madoka opens the exit door, we see this scene of modern looking buildings (3 maybe) close to each other with glass window reflections of remnants floating on air. the buildings reminds us of the city hospital. the same shot of buildings appears everytime sayaka visits kyousuke.

with this little evidence, i'm inclined to believe that walpurgis will appear in the hospital or at least near it. hospitals seem to play an important venue in the story. homu wakes up in the hospital. saya regularly visited kyou in the hospital. mami's final fight was in the hospital.

additionally, if walpurgis is a single entity and appears near the hospital, she might be a suffering patient like charlotte (as some have speculated) or a severely depressed relative/friend of a patient.

of course i'm maybe wrong. the building scene in ep1 may have been shown just then to show the witch is already attacking the entire city, not particularly originating from the hospital.
Except Homura said Walpurgis Night will appear in the Time Tower. I'm really getting vibes that Homura is Walpurgis Night.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 19:59   Link #2343
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Except Homura said Walpurgis Night will appear in the Time Tower. I'm really getting vibes that Homura is Walpurgis Night.
I'm sooooo with you on this one.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 22:50   Link #2344
tehmimichan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mHXT...watch_response

What you think of the little Madoka RPG me made o.oa
tehmimichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 23:51   Link #2345
kaigan
Segmentation fault

Quote:
Except Homura said Walpurgis Night will appear in the Time Tower.
it seems logical to assume the clock tower to be the wn's point of origin since the wn possesses gears of a timepiece. however, i'm extremely curious if this is only a minor translation error of the fansubs. did homu really reply clock tower or statistics? i hope someone more knowledgeable could shed light on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehmimichan View Post
wow, this looks like something made with a lot of great effort. kudos to the developers. nice visuals and sound effects. there's even an original pm danzel included in the party. the interface reminds me of tales of phantasia in snes. seems to be a work of a professional =)
Old 2011-04-18, 02:56   Link #2346
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
with this little evidence, i'm inclined to believe that walpurgis will appear in the hospital or at least near it.
Homura mentioned a clock tower, AFAIR... Considering WN's looks, it makes sense, too.

Quote:
Perhaps. Besides, I already speculated how the hospital in episode 3 seems to tie into significant moments of the plot (Charlotte appears, kills Mami in the fight + her possible brief influence helping finally drive Kyousuke over the edge about his condition). It is mentioned that hospitals are the worst places a witch can settle in, since people there are most vulnerable.

Quote:
she might be a suffering patient like charlotte (as some have speculated)
I'm a bit doubtful about this speculah, since medical references seemed to be nothing but the outer circle of Charlotte's barrier (Gertrude's had two different outer circles shown, depending on location, but we don't assume the poor lost child used to grow roses at a building site or some sort of museum, do we?). Even if she was born in the hospital, the Octavia example lets us suggest that hospital elements would be incorporated by her (like Octavia's weapons) rather than making part of her barrier.
Btw, speaking of Octavia, her barrier doesn't seem to have an outer circle at all - all the elements are those of a concert hall.

Quote:
basically, we have three main options to go by:
- WN is the witch form of Homura
- WN is formed by the merging of several witches (which would clearly refer to the real Walpurgis Night)
- WN is a usual witch, just extremely powerful; possibly born from a magical girl whose power used to be second only to Madoka.

The crucial point to remember: judging by Kyouko's words as well as Mami's words in TL1, WN is a known witch. She seems to come regularly instead of being just born once, and Puellae Magi are generally aware that she's a tough opponent. That makes me believe that the destruction we've seen is part of her barrier - if she used to appear in the real world frequently, witches would not be something unkown to humanity by ths time (besides, a military attack could have possibly done her in long ago). Then again, if WN did appear before, it also throws a shade on Homura speculah: the contract is presumably nullified, so the witch should not retain the ability of going back in time. We can only suggest that Homura somehow manages to initialize her last loop before transforming (in an understandable effort to get away from Madoka). But to have reappeared as WN several times, she would need to go much farther back than a month. Not to mention that cancels out the alternate dimension hypothesis, since Homura/WN would have to infiltrate all the previous timelines as well.

Quote:
I'm looking forward to it, actually. Hopefully it will be Win32, not flash.
There exists another RPG (made in RPG Maker, apparently), but it's all in Chinese.

Last edited by Snork; 2011-04-18 at 03:49.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 05:56   Link #2347
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
Homura mentioned a clock tower, AFAIR... Considering WN's looks, it makes sense, too.
Clock tower is a mistranslation, statistics is the right one.

Homura says "Toukei yo", in response to Kyouko's question where she bases her info regarding WN on. 'Toukei' means "statistics." Kyouko replying with "toukei" should make it even more obvious.
Old 2011-04-18, 07:09   Link #2348
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Huh, I thought Homura mentioned a clock tower before this phrase, but after revising it now, looks like I mixed it up. OK then.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 07:30   Link #2349
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

after i watched the episode 10, by all the methods which Homura used to avoid Madoka to contract with kyubey...

man, i have no idea where the story will be goin to....

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 13:42   Link #2350
tehmimichan

The game will be for windows o.o
We are in need of pixel artist and spriters, so if you know someone who is willing to join the team tell me *-*
tehmimichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 23:08   Link #2351
00Coyote

After re-watching episodes 1-10 for the nth time, one thing has become clear.

This will not end well.

The only real question remaining is:
"What to watch after episode 12, to help alleviate some of the soul crushing despair?"
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 23:17   Link #2352
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
After re-watching episodes 1-10 for the nth time, one thing has become clear.

This will not end well.

The only real question remaining is:
"What to watch after episode 12, to help alleviate some of the soul crushing despair?"
Spoiler:
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 23:28   Link #2353
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for gen urobuchi talks about episode 12:
Old 2011-04-18, 23:35   Link #2354
User68604
Disabled By Request

^not reading spoilers about ep 11 or 12

i havent read the manga/novel/w.e

id rather wait and be surprised
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 23:54   Link #2355
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Lol in my experience animes that usually kill characters who play a big part of the foundation to the anime don't usually end up turning out with happy endings. This isn't sunrise lol.

Just for fun lets count the deaths.

Mami: 5 Deaths
Sayaka: 2
Kyoko: 2
Madoka: 3 ( I think 3 right ? )
Old 2011-04-18, 23:56   Link #2356
xizro345
King's Justice

I still people are trying to guess something they can't, even Gen's quotes are hard to understand without the context.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 03:22   Link #2357
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
i havent read the manga/novel/w.e

id rather wait and be surprised
There's no manga/novel/w.e ,it's anime original so nobody knows either.
Old 2011-04-19, 05:15   Link #2358
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Just for fun lets count the deaths.
Madoka: 3 ( I think 3 right ? )
Nope, it's 4 or 2, depending on whether you count turning into a witch that wasn't killed as a "death" or not.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 05:50   Link #2359
*Osaka*Fan*

I started my recap marathon on the big screen last night. Madoka looks so glorious on a TV. I really noticed a bunch of Homura stuff that made me sniffle.
*Osaka*Fan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 06:58   Link #2360
kaigan
Segmentation fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Clock tower is a mistranslation, statistics is the right one.

Homura says "Toukei yo", in response to Kyouko's question where she bases her info regarding WN on. 'Toukei' means "statistics." Kyouko replying with "toukei" should make it even more obvious.
thanks for this piece of information. i'm confused because even wiki.puella-magi.net mentions both clock tower and statistics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
This will not end well.
i fear homu's lozenge-shaped soul gem. in the manga, her shield's design has even been modified to resemble each other. a diamond is closely associated to forever. i hope i'm mistaken.

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen