4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-01-17, 06:52   Link #101
Router25
World Connector. I think

I think if Iok is foiled by Tekkadan and was left alive again, he might be dumb enough to unleash/make his own MA just to go after them.
Otherwise, Tekkadan will foil Iok's plan, find out who the Teiwaz traitors are (and kill them) and become even more powerful as to become the same level as Naze. (but I'm sure this would not assure anyone's safety)
Old 2017-01-17, 07:00   Link #102
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Btw, isn’t that after-sex scene between Naze & Amida a bit too risky for a non-otaku & non-fanservice show like Gundam that’s aimed for a wide array of young viewers? I think it’s even more explicit than the after-sex scenes between FllayxKira, GilbertxTalia & the Blu-ray-only RibbonsxAlejandro. I remember people making a fuss over Kira & Fllay’s after-sex scene in SEED back then. Or is it because it’s not the young MC that did the deed this time so it’s not a problem?
Considering how this show is one of the closest portrayal of child soldiers, with blood and even outright execution... a post-sex scene is pretty tame IMO. And as others have pointed out, this kinda fulfills the pent-up frustrations of those who have watched harem shows only to be teased over and over without the MC ever having a definite closure with a heroine of choice (be it his own or otherwise.)
Old 2017-01-17, 07:38   Link #103
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Yeah even if Jasley has a lot of members even in the 50,000 range that doesn't mean much necessarily compared to Tekkadan's Military Might. Tekkadan at this point is probably the most elite military force man for man in the System. Gjhallahorn simply dwarves them in sheer numbers in everything men, mobile suits, capital ships, etc. Jasley could try to zerg rush them but his plan seems more remove Naze (get named successor) and force Barriston to expel Tekkadan leaving them easy prey for Iok and Rustal to mop up. Especially since Tekkadan relies on Teiwaz for repairs, new mobile suits, logistics help and armaments.
I was just thinking, Remember that huge docking area that McGillis gave to Tekkadan some episodes ago and Orga was in shock because right now, they only have two ships?
Well, if Tekkadan inherits what remains of the Turbines, who without Naze, are no longer aligned with Teiwaz, I have a feeling that dock is not only going to get filled, but they're going to need some more room.

I think Jasley completely and devastatingly underestimated the women of Turbines, and their loyalty. I honestly think that he thinks the Turbine women would be grateful to him by getting rid of Naze (perhaps even shower him with affections which he was certainly jealous of Naze for), and that he'll absorb all those girls into his own section of Teiwaz to do whatever he thinks women should be doing.
If (When?) Naze dies, and it will be because of betrayal within in Teiwaz, if McMurdo has to cut ties with Naze, the Turbine women will not stay. Teiwaz will lose it's biggest shipping force, and one of the largest parts of it's conglomerate. If McMurdo refuses to help Naze I think Orga will be disgusted as well and he might decide to separate using the "we caused trouble for you" as an excuse.
The Turbines know Tekkadan, and with them in line to become the rulers of Mars, they would actually be better off and better protected with them and Orga than on their lonesome, without a leader, and will not stay with people who betrayed Naze.

Tekkadan will literally quadruple in size overnight. But of course that's a whole lot more people now that Orga has to take care of. There has GOT to be a leader(s) under him for that section, or he will go nuts.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2017-01-17 at 08:10.
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-17, 07:42   Link #104
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Considering how this show is one of the closest portrayal of child soldiers, with blood and even outright execution... a post-sex scene is pretty tame IMO. And as others have pointed out, this kinda fulfills the pent-up frustrations of those who have watched harem shows only to be teased over and over without the MC ever having a definite closure with a heroine of choice (be it his own or otherwise.)
Like I said in my previous posts, my concern is with the Japanese parents, not genre-savvy audience like us. Also, aren't Gundam shows almost always air in some prime time slot for family viewing? Unlike those harem & ecchi series that airs close to (or after) midnight. I mean, look at those parents who were freaked out by the execution scene in episode 3 of IBO and SEED's post-coital scene.
Old 2017-01-17, 11:05   Link #105
DMurphy

Quote:
Like I said in my previous posts, my concern is with the Japanese parents, not genre-savvy audience like us. Also, aren't Gundam shows almost always air in some prime time slot for family viewing? Unlike those harem & ecchi series that airs close to (or after) midnight. I mean, look at those parents who were freaked out by the execution scene in episode 3 of IBO and SEED's post-coital scene.
I think you're comparing apples and oranges here.

A pretty non-explicit scene showing the aftermath of two consenting adults having had sex isn't the same as the extrajudicial execution of a prisoner of war by a child.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-17, 12:08   Link #106
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
I think you're comparing apples and oranges here.

A pretty non-explicit scene showing the aftermath of two consenting adults having had sex isn't the same as the extrajudicial execution of a prisoner of war by a child.
Tell that to those Japanese parents. They made as much fuss with IBO's execution scene as the post-coital scene in SEED. Anything deemed too vulgar & too violent in their eyes can trigger their protests. That's the point of my post. I'm not making a fuss about those scenes because I get it, but I'm a bit worried that others who don't get it will (like the aforementioned Japanese parents).
Old 2017-01-17, 12:55   Link #107
Tenzen12

We are in second season now. I have hard time believe be there are still parents who would think IBO is meant to be for children...
Old 2017-01-17, 13:15   Link #108
DMurphy

Quote:
Tell that to those Japanese parents. They made as much fuss with IBO's execution scene as the post-coital scene in SEED. Anything deemed too vulgar & too violent in their eyes can trigger their protests. That's the point of my post. I'm not making a fuss about those scenes because I get it, but I'm a bit worried that others who don't get it will (like the aforementioned Japanese parents).
I had no idea you were such an expert on the mindsets of Japanese parents.

The available evidence suggests otherwise, currently. Namely, that there hasn't been a major outcry over this post-coitus scene, at least not that we've heard, but also that you don't actually know how much of an outcry there was over each -- the Commission for Better Broadcasting doesn't put a metric on how many complaints or how vehement the complaints were when it reports on the complaints, it just reports that it's received complaints.

I'd also note that the scene in SEED depicted teenagers of 15-16 years of age -- lower than the age of consent for anywhere outside of Tokyo, Marcus, Okinatori and Nagano, since prefectural law trumps penal code law, and well beneath the age outlined in the Child Welfare Act -- not adults well into their twenties or thirties.

If there are complaints, then I'm sure IBO will cope, but 'there were some but we don't know how many complaints about a series thirteen years ago when it did something similar but with younger characters' and 'there were some complaints about something completely different' does not 'there will be complaints now' equal.

Old 2017-01-17, 14:14   Link #109
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Quit being snide. Obelisk has every right to remark on what peripheral audiences might get upset over.
Old 2017-01-17, 14:22   Link #110
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Quit being snide. Obelisk has every right to remark on what peripheral audiences might get upset over.
I will be exactly as snide as the weird tinge of racism warrants, thanks.

Just in case it's not clear what I mean by that, although it really should be -- when everything you say is based on weird conjecture with flimsy evidence and couched in "oh, but you know, those Japanese parents," and "we aren't like that, but you know, those Japanese people," you have officially stepped into 'odd and creepy' territory, because everything you're saying has less to do with logic, reason, or facts and more to do with some cooked up notion of what 'those people' are like.

Old 2017-01-17, 14:47   Link #111
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Oh for fuck's sake. Since when does commenting on concerned parenting constitute racism?
Old 2017-01-17, 15:10   Link #112
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Oh for fuck's sake. Since when does commenting on concerned parenting constitute racism?
I explained pretty clearly, keep up.

Old 2017-01-17, 21:12   Link #113
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Gee, I never thought my light comment will become this much of a big deal. I guess I underestimate the power of "SRSBSNS" replies

Quote:
Nope. I never said that I am, I never claimed that I am, I never even implied that I am, and I never parade myself as such. That’s a petty attack against me that you did. I don’t even know where you get it from.

Quote:
The available evidence suggests otherwise, currently. Namely, that there hasn't been a major outcry over this post-coitus scene, at least not that we've heard, but also that you don't actually know how much of an outcry there was over each -- the Commission for Better Broadcasting doesn't put a metric on how many complaints or how vehement the complaints were when it reports on the complaints, it just reports that it's received complaints.

I'd also note that the scene in SEED depicted teenagers of 15-16 years of age -- lower than the age of consent for anywhere outside of Tokyo, Marcus, Okinatori and Nagano, since prefectural law trumps penal code law, and well beneath the age outlined in the Child Welfare Act -- not adults well into their twenties or thirties.

If there are complaints, then I'm sure IBO will cope, but 'there were some but we don't know how many complaints about a series thirteen years ago when it did something similar but with younger characters' and 'there were some complaints about something completely different' does not 'there will be complaints now' equal.
Quote:
I will be exactly as snide as the weird tinge of racism warrants, thanks.

Just in case it's not clear what I mean by that, although it really should be -- when everything you say is based on weird conjecture with flimsy evidence and couched in "oh, but you know, those Japanese parents," and "we aren't like that, but you know, those Japanese people," you have officially stepped into 'odd and creepy' territory, because everything you're saying has less to do with logic, reason, or facts and more to do with some cooked up notion of what 'those people' are like.
First, racism? Really? Mind you that I did not addressed all Japanese parents in my comment, only those very few who have done some (rather uniformed) reporting about objectionable content in anime. They just happen to be Japanese, so I call them “Japanese parents” for short. You asked other people (eg. Rising Dragon) to keep up, yet you’re the one who seem unable to keep up with my original comment. Other posters seem to get what I said and not make as big deal of it as you about racism tinge.

Second, you’re making a mountain out of a molehill and blowing my comment out of proportion. I was just lightly sharing my casual concern about some Japanese parents and their unpredictable behavior and varied standards. For example, some time ago in 2010s, there’s a surprising concerned reports about the tame nudity in a freakin’ Doraemon show (which is one of the tamest show out there) even though Doraemon have been doing it for decades since the 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s without any problem whatsoever. So you see, in this case, one concerned Japanese parent can just pick up the phone and call the available authority about something on TV that they're offended or concerned with. It’s unpredictable is what I’m saying.

Third, you rebutted my concern by saying “there hasn't been a major outcry” about it. Well, no shit, Sherlock. I was just addressing the possibility, not saying that it has happened or will happen. Like I said, it’s unpredictable, like with the Doraemon case.

Lastly, the point of my original comment can be summed up like this: “Gee, I hope there won’t be a fuss made over that post-coital scene”. In this case, Tenzen’s reply above where he reassures me that there likely won’t be any more outcry about IBO in the future is a lot more proper reply than yours. He understands what I said in my original comment and doesn’t take it too seriously nor blow it out of proportion like you.

Now, can we move on from this instead of talking about issues that weren’t there in my comment in the first place? (racism tinge? WUT?)
Old 2017-01-17, 21:37   Link #114
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Wouldn't the parental outcries be due to a mismatch between TV ratings and content? Showing a post coital scene ratches the rating to approx R to TVMA imo. If the time slot is not an R or TVMA slot, then the parents should complain imo.
Old 2017-01-17, 23:16   Link #115
Skye629

Quote:
I explained pretty clearly, keep up.
No you didn't explain how it was racist was at all. All you said was that he was projecting his own views on a culture/race which he isn't a part of based on his own perceptions of said people (with no evidence to back it up)

Thats not racism, btw, racism constitutes the believe of superiority/inferiority of a particular race. Theres nothing of the sort here, all that there is here are statements on a perceived reaction of Japanese parents to contents of the IBO show (whether they are true or not)

I also suggest you guys take this argument elsewhere, before the mods crack down on this thread
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-17, 23:45   Link #116
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Woah. What happened here?

Anyway, some thoughts -

(1) Never knew a lot of you disliked Survivor (OP2). I mean, I still like Raise Your Flags and Rage of Dust more than it, but I never considered it as a bad song/OP.

(2) I said before that Naze's death might be the thing that pushes Orga into playing politics - and my point was completely shut down. I should have made my point clearer - I don't think Orga himself will dive into all these politics, that is just too out of character for him. However, I don't think he will get back at Jasley the same way that he did with the previous people that wronged Tekkadan. That's where I think politics will come into place. Be it though Kudelia or McGillis or someone else, I think this situation with Jasley will be exposed via politics, and then in classic Tekkadan fashion, end in a beatdown.

(3) Naze's comment about the Old Man possibly being the one that backstabbed him, for me, is a red herring. This will probably be referenced to several more times, in a way conditioning the audience that the old man did actually had a hand in it, only for him to side with Tekkadan/Turbines as Jasley is exposed. This, plus the scene with Orga before, and him liking Naze and the Turbines makes for good tension you know?

(4) I read somewhere here before that with Barbatos out, this may actually be a chance for Guison and Flauros to shine, and I hope they do indeed do that.
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-17, 23:56   Link #117
Skaddix

Hmm I not sure about your editing.

But 10 ships is a serious underestimation of Arianhod Fleet. Gjhallahorn simply has the numbers that mean no one stands a chance. Mika as good as he is cant beam spam and clear out a 1000 mobile suits per shot like a normal Gundam Ace.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 00:34   Link #118
Tenzen12

"Normal" beam spamming Gundam ace would get axe into face from first Graze getting close enough though

Just joking they would be probably able New type their way until they run out of fuel and energy, then they would get axe into face.
Old 2017-01-18, 01:58   Link #119
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrodriguez View Post
(1) Never knew a lot of you disliked Survivor (OP2). I mean, I still like Raise Your Flags and Rage of Dust more than it, but I never considered it as a bad song/OP.
The visuals for Survivor were good, maybe even better than for Rage of Dust (but no better than for Raise Your Flag), but the song was so meh for my taste that I ended up skipping the OP after only a couple of episodes in.

Quote:
(2) I said before that Naze's death might be the thing that pushes Orga into playing politics - and my point was completely shut down. I should have made my point clearer - I don't think Orga himself will dive into all these politics, that is just too out of character for him. However, I don't think he will get back at Jasley the same way that he did with the previous people that wronged Tekkadan. That's where I think politics will come into place. Be it though Kudelia or McGillis or someone else, I think this situation with Jasley will be exposed via politics, and then in classic Tekkadan fashion, end in a beatdown.
Well, I guess it's safe to say most of us don't peg Orga for a politician, especially after Naze's statement about how Orga sucks in politics. I personally see no reason to doubt credibility of Naze's words on the subject. In the first place, assuming your (3) point comes to pass and Barriston sides with Tekkadan/Turbines, wouldn't it be Barriston's duty and job to deal with Jasley?

Quote:
(3) Naze's comment about the Old Man possibly being the one that backstabbed him, for me, is a red herring. This will probably be referenced to several more times, in a way conditioning the audience that the old man did actually had a hand in it, only for him to side with Tekkadan/Turbines as Jasley is exposed. This, plus the scene with Orga before, and him liking Naze and the Turbines makes for good tension you know?
I don't know; like with Nobliss, I'm trying to keep an open mind about what Barriston will choose and do in this situation. Sure, Naze seems to be his "favorite son" and he favors Tekkadan as well, but on the other hand, he has a face to save and an organization to protect. Besides, I feel like, in contrast to all the talks about him being like the scariest man in the Outer sphere, we weren't exposed to his scary side yet, haven't seen the main reason why he's a mafia boss in the first place. So far he's just acting like a local goody grandpa. This might be an opportunity to show us the real mafia don in action.

Also, I still think that in order to become the Kings of Mars not in the name only, Tekkadan needs to stop being a Teiwaz subsidiary first. The whole deal with Naze becoming victim of Teiwaz's internal intrigues and Barriston possibly doing nothing to prevent or avenge him for reasons like politics and the need to keep his organization united looks like too good a chance to pass up for the plot to alienate and force Orga to make the decision to quit Teiwaz). That sakazuki cup is too big a foreshadowing, it begs to be broken sometime.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 02:54   Link #120
Skaddix

Yeah they kinda do need to cut ties. Cant Be King of Mars when a mobster is giving you orders.

They cant have too many masters and maintaining the Teiwaz connection would mean they be getting orders from Barriston, Nobliss and McGillis at the same time that is not great.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote