AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-03-11, 19:13   Link #181
Keila

Every other difficulty seems far too easy, after you defeat legend and go back for achievements.
Keila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-13, 00:18   Link #182
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So the 2nd of the Reinforcement Pack DLC's, Alien Hunters, is out now:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Yes, Bradford does sortie personally for the new mission.

Also, my impressions of the weapons and armor from the DLC:

Spoiler for Impressions:

While I haven't personally seen the story mission since my current save file was too far along into the campaign for it to trigger, I've seen videos of it, and...

Spoiler for Alien Hunters story:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-21, 10:05   Link #183
Keila

Has anyone found a mod that will increase the total number of aliens on the map (or an endless wave style encounter, like when the avenger crashes and you need to take out the beacon)?
Old 2016-05-21, 20:30   Link #184
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keila View Post
Has anyone found a mod that will increase the total number of aliens on the map (or an endless wave style encounter, like when the avenger crashes and you need to take out the beacon)?
Increased Enemy Squad Size
Increased Enemy Squad Size Plus
Wave COM

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2016-06-01, 02:48   Link #185
Keila

Has anyone figured out an 'easy' way to rename characters in the character pool?

Context:
Units in the character pool need to have unique names (otherwise they're considered to be the same unit), that's why you can't just export/import the same unit over and over and have all your characters as that unit (you need to rename them slightly differently).

What I was trying to do
• Make a template character (eg. Misaka Imouto [Index])
• Export/Import the same character template multiple times
• Give all of the characters a name with a slight variation (eg. Misaka 10031, Misaka 10032).

Hoping that there is some method without resorting to writing a script to search for a text string and then 'find & replace' with an incremental variable.
Old 2016-06-07, 09:15   Link #186
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

[XCOM] XCOM 2 coming to PS4 and XBoxOne on September 6.

Self explanatory link.

Old 2016-06-07, 10:43   Link #187
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Any other links about whether consoles (will/will not) have mod support? → I'm assuming it's no, but curiosity reasons mainly.
Old 2016-06-30, 13:06   Link #188
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

SURPRISE! Shen's Last Gift launches... TODAY! No warning, no one-week wait, it's out upon announcement!

YouTube

JOHNNY FIVE IS ALIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!!

It's a 3.4Gb download. Also, accompanying patch notes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch Notes
Gameplay – Base Game
•Fixed an issue where units would not have their mission starting abilities and Gremlins would not follow
•Fixed an issue with Wet Work where kills were not being tracked for the correct unit
•Fixed an issue where Burning and Poisoned damage was causing free kills
•Damage caused by Psi abilities will now ignore armor
•Faceoff may now only target units that are not mind-controlled (by the shooter’s team)
•Fixed damage preview for abilities that modify damage based on incoming damage amount
•Fixed an exploit where replacing a PCS would not always remove the value it gave when equipping
•Magnetic Swords are now referred to “Magnetic” rather than “Conventional”
•Fixed an issue where the unit flag would not properly show a unit as concealed when loading a save game
•Fixed a crash that could occur after selecting an AOE ability and then another (disabled) ability
•Fixed an issue where Proximity Mines were not damaging every unit in a group move situation
•Blademaster grants +10 Aim to melee and Hunter’s Instinct grants +15 to melee crit
•[MP] Matches will no longer immediately end for the user when winning during the transition before their turn
Gameplay – Alien Hunters
•Fixes instances of Alien Ruler soft hangs
•Avenger Defense no longer fails if a Ruler is in the evac zone
•Fixed an issue where the Skulljack objective caused MECs to stop appearing in tactical
•Fixed a crash that would occur after the Archon King completes an Icarus Drop
•Alien Hunter weapons have range bonuses/penalties applied
•Fixed an issue where Alien Rulers were missing health after increasing the difficulty during a playthrough
•Fixed an issue where Alien Hunter weapons would be lost after upgrading through GTS
•Central can no longer bleed out on the Nest mission due to it causing a soft-fail state
•Removed Freezing Lash’s minimum range of 3 tiles which prevented units from using the ability when standing next to an enemy
•Berserker Queen’s Faithbreaker ability no long targets robotic units
•Removed “Return to Resistance HQ” button from the Hunter Weapons POI complete popup to prevent players from getting into a state where project times are incorrect
Performance Improvements
•Fixed an issue with Effects being ticked twice a frame
•Optimizations to path solving memory footprint and performance
•Fixed an issue where unnecessary game states were created on the Geoscape
System Support
•Updates to allow Steam Workshop DLC to be enumerated before native script packages are loaded. Will allow mods that override XComGame.upk to work through Steam Workshop
Steam Controller
•Removed button labels in save/load list that are not hooked up to anything
Modding
•New flag bForceReselectAllGroupsForSpawn for use with multi-part mission schedules
•Armor hit rolls have been deprecated as the game treats armor as 100% chance to absorb damage◦Armor is now handled directly by ApplyWeaponDamage
◦ApplyWeaponDamage now has a bIgnoreArmor flag so that psionic abilities properly ignore armor

•Tactical Quick Launch menu now supports the grenade slot correctly
•Debug command X2ShowFullObject to display a game state object’s data
•Bonus weapon ammo (e.g. Heavy Ordnance and Field Medic) is now handled through a delegate on ability templates: GetBonusWeaponAmmoFn
•X2DownloadableContentInfo has new hooks:◦AbilityTagExpandHandler, so new localization tags can be added
◦FinalizeUnitAbilitiesForInit, which allows special manipulation of a unit's ability list before the abilities are created in a tactical match

•Effects now have the ability to be redirected from their initial target◦EffectShouldRedirect figures out who gets the redirected effect

•New character template flag, bDiesWhenCaptured
•Character templates can now have forced first, last, and nick names
•Character templates can implement the delegate GetPhotographerPawnNameFn so as not to be forced to use soldier pawns for pictures in the strategy game
•Countries can now be hidden from character customization
•Deprecated X2AbilityMultiTarget_SoldierBonusRadius (though it continues to work for now). Base classes X2AbilityMultiTarget_Radius, _Cone, and _Line now support increasing the AOE range based on passive abilities in a generic fashion.
•Effects may add projectiles to a volley conditionally by registering in the EffectsForProjectileVolleys array and implementing the function GetProjectileVolleyTemplate. Effects that are always on should still use the perk system, but this callback allows for game state checks to add or not add the projectile to a volley.
•X2Effect_GenerateCover can now generate cover for mobile units, instead of forcing it to disappear when the unit moves
The buff to melee with Blademaster and Hunter's Instinct is most appreciated.

Old 2016-06-30, 22:36   Link #189
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
I knew the Shen's Last Gift class was going to be MECs. Didn't expect them to be fully robotic MECs though.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-30, 23:24   Link #190
Raviel

^Well, they don't have access to Meld in XCOM2 and that is what made Gene Mods and the original MECs possible in the first place so it makes sense I guess?
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-07, 01:43   Link #191
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Johnny No. 5 has gone badass. lol
Old 2016-07-07, 16:11   Link #192
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

i was about to pick this up during summer sale, but then I read that a lot of bugs and also a lot of time constraint mission? in a strategy game? that's really turned me off
Old 2016-07-07, 21:08   Link #193
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

The timed missions in Legendary are brutal but in Commander or below they're not THAT bad. And if you really can't stand it, just download the Steam Workshop mods that disables mods. Badda-bing, badda-boom.

I downloaded the Workshop mods for Delta Squad and Star Wars helmets, paired with the ADVENT armor mod. Looks almost exactly like they appear in Republic Commando:

Spoiler for RC-1207 "Sev":

Edit: I also made some ARC Troopers, I have "Fives", "Echo", and "Hevy" (they all look the same):

Spoiler for ARC-5555 "Fives":

FYI: The class is a modded one. Lucubration's Infantry class. I also modded my .ini files so they they level up extremely quickly for my screw-around Easy run, lol.
Old 2016-07-07, 21:15   Link #194
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I prefer the Halo mods, which are more complete including the helmets and the actual armors, and even the weapons. There's even mods that'll allow you to completely recreate Noble Team, from their unique armors to their voices.

Old 2016-07-07, 21:18   Link #195
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I prefer the Halo mods, which are more complete including the helmets and the actual armors, and even the weapons. There's even mods that'll allow you to completely recreate Noble Team, from their unique armors to their voices.
I've seen them. They're pretty cool, though my character pool is growing to ridiculous proportions. I barely use half the characters in my pool as it is.
Old 2016-07-27, 15:17   Link #196
Chosen_Hero

This is how pros do it:

Old 2017-01-05, 12:06   Link #197
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Long War 2 Mod Coming to XCOM 2 on PC

Yes, it's an announcement for Long War 2 on the official XCOM site.

Time to schedule psychiatric counseling again, because the PTSD is back.

Old 2017-01-19, 01:07   Link #198
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Jake Solomon and Garth DeAngelis playing Long War 2:

YouTube

Really nice to see Firaxis endorsing Long War 2 so much that they're the first ones to stream it online. The mod looks quite hefty, and it's supposed to be coming out "soon".

Tags
turn-based strategy, xcom, xcom 2