AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-08-31, 19:49   Link #8081
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

It wasn't even half as shocking. The Nanoha world was meant to be an 'ideal' world where all wounds and pains can be healed and saved no matter what, and the introduction of realism - wait a sec there's not one bit of realism in Force - I mean crime and atrocity didn't even change the series in the least. The worst part would be that I don't feel anything when reading the Huckebeins slaughtering people, or knowing that hundred of villages had died because of the Eclipse virus blah blah blah... nothing.

The problem would be the complete lack of despair. Sadness is there, but the characters simply ignored (or hid it) them as if they don't exist and just carry on with their actions as usual. The experience was just jarring.
Old 2013-08-31, 20:13   Link #8082
Kurohane

@Craxuan You have a point. If the characters don't seem to care about all these people getting killed, and continue on with their rosy lives, why should we? In the last few translated chapters, we had Thoma and Caro making lunches, as if there was nothing better to show. I don't mind them being happy, but knowing what's going on around them makes it feel as you said out of place.
Old 2013-09-01, 02:10   Link #8083
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Shouldn't you also put part of the blame on the characters for being apathetic to others' suffering?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 07:32   Link #8084
Gx Hero
Rambler

That is part of what makes the series so good. I say its how they go about it after all Nanoha hasn't tried any befriending yet, ok besides Thoma.

Military or not the series has a certain feel to it that seems to have been lost, and the way the characters act is part of it taking that away takes away from the series. I say like strikers it has a little too much sub plots and not enough time on certain areas, More emotional scenes or thoma sorting things out. A lot of this the first two seasons had.

http://nanohamanga.webs.com/

Links to other Nanoha stories on animesuki

http://www.mediafire.com/view/yp9qlj...e%20links.docx
Gx Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 20:37   Link #8085
Kurohane

^
We can all agree that the series took to a different direction after A's. Whether it was a good idea to focus on military concept in a magical girl show is still debatable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Shouldn't you also put part of the blame on the characters for being apathetic to others' suffering?
That's what I mean. If the characters don't seem to care, why should the audience? We've seen SS6 have more of a sense of normal (for them anyway), everyday living than actually focusing on the case they are supposed to be working on. Precious panel time was spent showing Thoma and Caro making lunch.
Old 2013-09-01, 21:01   Link #8086
Gx Hero
Rambler

This is true, when you get down to it most of the series has to do with scenes like that and any battle enhances it with everything that happened to that point. FOr example all the time Nanoha spent with Vivio lead to the battle on the cradle. The time Nanoha spent with Tea, and Subaru all led up to their respective climatic battles at the end of strikers.

In force is that present enough. I wonder what Thoma's climatic battle will look like and who else will get such scenes.

Old 2013-09-03, 02:03   Link #8087
Enternal

Sorry slightly off topic. There's something that's bothering me and it's about Grendel's knowledge of Fate, Nanoha, and Hayate. For some reason, they were thinking it was Hayate is the one that shot down the Cradle even though it was not. Signum had to fix that error but what is it there in the first place? I thought that Hayate, Fate, and Nanoha's heavy involvement as well as Mobile Force Six who eventually all helped solved that case and it IS a big major case yet how come the Grendel got it wrong?

It was giving me this impression:
Grendel Family: Hayate?! OMG THE CRAZY GIRL WHO SHOT DOWN THE CRADLE!!
Grendel Family: Nanoha? Fate? Who is that?
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 05:36   Link #8088
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Very likely the news given out to the public mentioned that it was Hayate's team that took down the Cradle, but did not give specifics as to who was the team members and who destroyed the Cradle etc. It's unnecessary information that might do more harm than good.
Old 2013-09-03, 06:41   Link #8089
Gx Hero
Rambler

on that topic it could be more about chatter from the other mages that fought since she and Genya and maybe a few others were leading the whole thing and probaly weren't aware of the battle inside the cradle after all would you want someone like Grendel gang talking about how quattro made nanoha and vivio fight.

On the other hand it adds to the atmosphere of do you really want tick Hayate off when you know what she can do, defenitly kept them from doing stupid the first time, when they did escape they learned about Nanoha's power the hard way. "Boom" gose the Boat

Old 2013-09-03, 14:18   Link #8090
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I think the nicknames were made available, since Kurt said something about: "The Ace being here, that's why the escape plan failed."
Old 2013-09-03, 14:36   Link #8091
Gx Hero
Rambler

Well at least they can become comic releif, Grendel I mean

Old 2013-09-20, 08:36   Link #8092
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well chapter 29's translation has arrived,

Having to think back when Fate last got the chance to kick ass. I mean she had a lot of backup there and just had to take down Curren and Veyron. Sure it's facing the leader, but kind of a downer how after one transformation she was outclassed and the enemy had little trouble escaping from her. The fact that the only thing that interfered with that escape was their 'prisoner' is pretty sad. Back to training for the whole group after that fiasco .

Kind of sad that I have to give props to the guy who is pretty much the real villain of the series for being able to knock the Hückebein around.
Old 2013-09-20, 11:48   Link #8093
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Honestly I'd focus more on how the Huckebein has fought with Section Six twice now and failed to win--both times they had to retreat without what they had wanted (Thoma the first time around, Hades' knowledge the second time). That just goes to show the Huckebein aren't as mighty as people think.
Old 2013-09-20, 13:40   Link #8094
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well chapter 29's translation has arrived,

Having to think back when Fate last got the chance to kick ass. I mean she had a lot of backup there and just had to take down Curren and Veyron. Sure it's facing the leader, but kind of a downer how after one transformation she was outclassed and the enemy had little trouble escaping from her. The fact that the only thing that interfered with that escape was their 'prisoner' is pretty sad. Back to training for the whole group after that fiasco .

Kind of sad that I have to give props to the guy who is pretty much the real villain of the series for being able to knock the Hückebein around.
Hardis is doing the job of Section Six. I find impressive Curren still managed to curbstomp Section Six whole even after suffering from the bad effects of the lame anti-Eclipse drug.

It´s dissapointing seeing Tsuzuki countering cheap villains by turning the main cast into cheapt heroes. I mean, after all the cool spells, techniques, special training and hot blooded power ups from past seasons the best he can come up to face Huckebein are drug-poised darts? Really? I can't believe i'm writing this but i now really root for the Huckebein to kick the buts of Section Six. If that´s the best they can come up with they deserve to be trashed around.

Furtunately Curren is still able to mantain her title of "Madam Brokeness" xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 15:16   Link #8095
Enternal

Naw I agree with Rising Dragon. They curbstomp Section 6 in their first fight but in their second fight it's much clearer that they don't have the advantage and had to withdraw. Having ways to escape is not the same as curbstomping though.

But still, I would expect Current to know Fate's name but... she didn't?

EDIT: I might be missing something, but do the Fate, Hayate, and Nanoha still have limiters on themselves?
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 15:46   Link #8096
LostSome

For an Enforcer like Fate, I don`t think being a celebrity is a good thing.
Besides, it`s Fate we`re talking about.

First time : Fighting Veyron, Cypha and Deville 3on3 on the Hulk ship. Got hit with Zero and still managed to get to Thoma.
Second time... Two Hulks in S6`s prison while Veyron had to protect Sonica and they got beat by one Cinderella even after they drugged Curren.
Doing better ? Not to me, but that`s your opinion and I respect it.

BTW I thought they were protecting Hardis. Looks like they forgot Hardis and their main objective and jumped on the Hulks rather quickly.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 15:46   Link #8097
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
But still, I would expect Current to know Fate's name but... she didn't?
Guess Curren has more important stuff to do than to getting the names of some puny TSAB mages xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
EDIT: I might be missing something, but do the Fate, Hayate, and Nanoha still have limiters on themselves?
I doubt they have limiters on themselves aside of Fate not using Sonic Form. Hayate even went Blaster-3 when she tried to drop an ice mountain on the Huckebein.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 17:52   Link #8098
NTFTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Honestly I'd focus more on how the Huckebein has fought with Section Six twice now and failed to win--both times they had to retreat without what they had wanted (Thoma the first time around, Hades' knowledge the second time). That just goes to show the Huckebein aren't as mighty as people think.
They let them have Thoma.
NTFTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 18:46   Link #8099
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTFTH View Post
They let them have Thoma.
They said they did but if they could've taken Thoma back and forced Section Six to retreat, they would have. They couldn't; instead Section Six managed to restrain Thoma and forced the Huckebein back. It was Hayate's win and Curren's loss, strategically speaking.

The message afterward from Curren to Hayate about "letting them take Thoma" was just her attempt at causing political trouble for Hayate.
Old 2013-09-20, 19:07   Link #8100
Justin_Brett

Quote:
They said they did but if they could've taken Thoma back and forced Section Six to retreat, they would have. They couldn't; instead Section Six managed to restrain Thoma and forced the Huckebein back. It was Hayate's win and Curren's loss, strategically speaking.
You're right that Curren was probably just trolling since she didn't know who he was at the time, but she had the other side's commander on the ground incapacitated right in front of her. The reason Hayate lived was because it wasn't a good idea to kill her, and that's pretty much all. If she were a less pragmatic villain the whole group could have gotten decimated.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, nanoha force