Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-08-16, 00:39   Link #61
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
What "nerf" you referring to?

The only confirmed mechanic change to overwatch as I noted above is the one-target-per-soldier mechanic, which means no longer will your entire squad unload all of their overwatch on a single alien.

This makes overwatch quite good at dispatching larger numbers of weaker enemies. Not really sure how the new system works with just a single enemy surviving one overwatch though, though I can imagine it's a lot more nuanced this time around.
I thought the change on mechanic is they will pre-calculate if the alien die or not and will move onto the next overwatch target if they determine it will die? That sounds like a huge buff to me, although unrealistic.
Old 2015-08-20, 14:09   Link #62
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Much cleaner and official no-comment strategy layer video:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

There's a new scene at the end (11:15) we haven't seen before,

Spoiler:

Also Jake Solomon had a livestream hours ago explaining the strategy layer video more, here's some info tidbits:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullethead
-We can genetically mod our troops in XCOM2.
-Feels from Shen
-Not much was left of the old XCOM base.
-12 rooms for expansion
-Rooms have different value to them, clearing them will give different resources
-Tygan's last name is a combo of Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson.
-Tygan probably had the same/similar chip in his head from ADVENT
-Advanced Warfare Center is not available early on, uncovers hidden perks from any class.
-Engineers & Scientists can be customized.
-Head shot thumbnails for everyone!
-Lot more items than EU/EW.
-New classes of weapons get built for everyone, to ease dealing with customization.
-Many types of ammo, armor vests, grenades, etc...
-Some standard Foundry projects too.
-Class training time is in the balance phase, might be shorter.
-Soldier stats are on different scales. Mobility is tile count, Aim/Hack is on 100 point scale, Will is on unknown scale.
-Firaxis was surprised by cosmetic mods.
-All sleeves can be rolled up to show tattoos.
-Veteran ranks can unlock special tattoo/hair/customization options.
-Some scars get applied automatically.
-6 upgrades for rifles, guns have varying slot counts, upgrades have levels.
-Auto-loaders are great for snipers, grenadiers, shotgun.
-Lots of chainable abilities.
-UI guys quickly added the name function for guns because they wanted to name guns.
-Geoscape was redesigned to prevent 1 strategy to win.
-Geoscape has few EU/EW mechanics.
-Autopsies still exist.
-Regions need to be connected to move between them.
-Supply income varies by region, can increase/decrease based on various factors.
-Stuff on the Geoscape can expire if you take too much time, makes it more active.
-We can write our own rumors.
-Missions can counter dark events.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 00:02   Link #63
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

XCOM 2 Now Coming to PC on February 5, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCOM 2
Hello XCOM fans,

We want to give you an update on the release date for XCOM 2. We’ve set a high bar for the sequel and the entire team has been working hard to make sure we deliver a great follow-up toEnemy Unknown. We just need a little more time to make it the best possible game.

With XCOM 2, we want to have more depth, more replayability, and more investment in your soldiers and this extension will give us the time we need to deliver on our promise to you.

We appreciate your patience and continued support as we move towards February. Good luck, Commander!

-The XCOM 2 Dev Team
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh well, more time to save up....

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2015-08-29, 01:17   Link #64
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Dang...fairly far off.

Oh well...
Old 2015-08-29, 19:25   Link #65
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So there was a PAX panel today that showed off new information, though the relevant video won't be uploaded until later. However, we do have the important bits of info now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirellan
Practically nothing but new footage. Saw some more custom options.

Saw the Muton melee animations. They can do a cou by er attack if next to something that hits them.

Saw Berserker animations. She can be provoked into a blood rage th art causes her to attack ANYTHING nearby, friend or foe.

Saw Chrysalid animations and cacoon they put on infected units.

Saw Sectoid reanimation ability. Affected units have the zombie animation lost from chrysalid. Sectoid has a chance to "glitch" back into their scurry movement animations.

Saw a new Advent unit: Shock Lancer. Pure melee human zealot, will forsake cover to move closer. Can stun but has chance to knock unconcious. Jake mentioned they would be awesome if they were on your team. "Mind control them and they'll be awesome."

Will add more. In line for Alienware steambox drawing. Sorry If spoiler doesn't work.

Saw a new enemy
Quote:
Also revealed a new alien type that dissolves(?) civilians and becomes them (sleeper agents?) in a teaser at the end (0 context). Named the Faceless if I'm remembering correctly. And a new melee Advent soldier that has a chance to stun your operatives.

Lots of cool animation. Destruction looks amazing. Showed Sectoid resurrection.
Quote:
Came out of the mega panel a little bit ago. Soloman's big deal was a new reveal in customization. You can customize characters and save them to a "character pool" for random generation later or in later games. You can also designate them as scientists, engineers, and guys for missions (VIP's, named baddies, etc.)

Saw the new chryssalid. More spikey, more antlike than fishlike. Same general look aside from the mentioned.

Saw the Grenadier in action, good destructive capability. Advent me has small mortar that does similar, at least level 2 versions.

Now the delay is even more painful now after knowing all these new features

Old 2015-08-29, 19:57   Link #66
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

Now the delay is even more painful now after knowing all these new features
And I thought waiting for november was bad enough.

Well, time to start another Long War C/I campaign.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 09:13   Link #67
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
You can customize characters and save them to a "character pool" for random generation later or in later games. You can also designate them as scientists, engineers, and guys for missions (VIP's, named baddies, etc.)
Now I don't have to customize my brother's characteristic for the 20th times anymore? That's cool.
Old 2015-08-30, 13:53   Link #68
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I'm fine with them pushing the release date out if it means the game will be better. If anything, developers don't do that often enough and end up releasing broken, half-baked games that require multiple patches to fix.
Old 2015-08-30, 16:44   Link #69
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

It's better for them in the end, better delayed than a broken game especially these days with all big budget broken bullshit that big publisher have pushed out.
Old 2015-09-10, 02:33   Link #70
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Jake Solomon revealing an awesome new feature in XCOM 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Solomon
In #XCOM2, when moving the cursor, enemies that can be targeted from that location are marked up. (All design credit to @MrMooEar on that)

Old 2015-09-11, 00:24   Link #71
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

XCOM 2 is now up for pre-order on Steam, along with pre-order bonus:

As to what the "survivor of the old war" is, Jake Solomon provides clarification:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Solomon
Random recruit with EU style gear ramped up to X2 graphical quality. Put EU gear on everyone/no one, up to you

Old 2015-09-14, 14:38   Link #72
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

PAX Megapanel video is up, including new gameplay stuff for Beyond Earth and XCOM 2:

YouTube

(XCOM stuff starts at around 12 minutes).

Some new snippets of gameplay footage shown, giving us glimpses at some of the tilesets we'll be seeing, new enemy abilities in action, and new enemies. Also, a more in-depth explanation of the Character Pool feature and ALL DAT CUSTOMIZATION.

Old 2015-12-10, 11:09   Link #73
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

OHAIGAWD ITS SO BEAUTIFUL

YouTube

Only three more months!!!!

Also, reviewers have been getting hands-on preview videos out now, including Beaglerush himself:

YouTube

Old 2016-01-07, 11:59   Link #74
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The press just got a 12-hour Preview Build of the game where they can now freely mess around with the game, and here's one by Totalbiscuit:

YouTube

Old 2016-01-07, 12:22   Link #75
Chosen_Hero

After watching many videos on this game i'm still wondering what it was that was so difficult to do on consoles that this needed to be PC only (yes, that was something that was brought up as to why XCOM 2 is PC only).

Old 2016-01-07, 13:26   Link #76
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to say it is nice to have so much customizing characters. I also agree with TotalBiscuit that when normally playing once my customized guys died....I just didn't bother as much with the new recruits.

Could easily spend a few hours just putting any number of people and characters into this game before I even start playing . Just getting ahead of the game by creating this massive pool of customized characters so that when tragedy strikes....well I don't have to worry about customizing as much since there's that huge pool to pull from.
Old 2016-01-07, 14:41   Link #77
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Watching Beagle's stream of his preview copy of XCOM 2, all of the ways he uses the waypoint systems to do tactics impossible in Enemy Unknown is very exciting, like using waypoints to make a soldier dash into a room, and then get back into cover using only a single movement action... or harassing a civilian to jump out the window of his own house

Old 2016-01-07, 15:20   Link #78
Chosen_Hero

Avenger Defense mission:

Old 2016-01-07, 16:49   Link #79
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Also, we now have the 5th class revealed: the Psi Operative -

YouTube

Old 2016-01-07, 17:54   Link #80
Chosen_Hero

^look four posts above yours.

Tags
turn-based strategy, xcom, xcom 2