2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-11-13, 00:35   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 32 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, Episode 32.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 03:43   Link #2
Irenesharda

Ugh...the feels.

Well we knew one of them was going to go, but once again the animewriters spared Takaki and instead sacrificed Aston in the name of character development.

And I like how they did it in this final battle. McGillis was a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield, but he tried his best to not kill his opponents. And he did his best to tell Tekkadan the truth of what was going on, though of course they had trouble believing him.

And then there's that moment that Aston saves Takaki, taking a mortal blow, and he holds McGillis so that Galan can take him out, and McGillis is sufficiently screwed. The look on his face when Mika saves him is one of true gratitude that I never thought I would see on that man's face.

But, like Masahiro before him, and in a very similar position, Aston dies for his friend and it causes a drastic change in Takaki.

The confrontation with Radice, Eugene, and Akihiro was so cool and very satisfying. Especially after Akihiro finds out about Aston. I don't think Eugene has ever looked scarier.

I was actually surprised that it ended up being Akihiro that took out Galan and so quickly. It's been a while since I've seen him so pissed off. And that scene with Lafter screaming after him was so cute! AkihiroxLafter all the way.

Hush has to have his butt saved by Mika in the most hilarious way possible. Lol. He basically just kicks him out of the way. But Hush had a bit of a Shinn moment after that, and all I can say is: Watch yourself, Hush. Don't mess up a good thing.

But the end scenes are the most poignant. Radice being interrogated by the Tekkadan leaders, Mika basically slowly taking his gun from his arm sling, and then Takaki asking to do it instead. You really get this feeling that he lost his innocence from this whole thing and especially after shooting Radice. (Also, it's great that you took notes from Mika, Takaki, doing a triple shot, rather than only one.)

Mika and McGillis also have a nice scene at the end as well, with Mika running out of dates and McGillis offering him chocolate. (where is that man keeping all those so they don't melt? )

Julietta is torn up about Galan's death, and I feel vengeance resonating in that office. Will she indeed become the female Ein 2.0?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2016-11-13 at 06:13.
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 04:40   Link #3
Skaddix

How did you see the episode so fast?

Still darn I was hope Orga get to matchup against " ". Only so many tactical genius around.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 04:43   Link #4
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
How did you see the episode so fast?
I moved to Kyushu a few months ago. So, I watch it on TV. Can only understand 3% of the dialogue, but action episodes are fairly easy to interpret by simply what's on screen. Everything else, I still have to wait for subs like everyone else.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-11-13, 04:48   Link #5
Skaddix

Oh lol cool. Why do you move to Japan if you cant understand Japanese? You teaching English Abroad?
Old 2016-11-13, 05:08   Link #6
tdx

So it's Aston after all we're saying goodbye to. Yeah, it was similar to how Akihiro's younger brother died protecting Akihiro (even what Aston said about wishing to have never met Takaki and Fuka because they awakened the desire to live in him despite him knowing he was destined to die was eerily similar to Masahiro's dying words), and how Fumitan died protecting Kudelia. The one surviving undergoes immense growth through such a sacrifice, and Takaki proves this in the same episode, by being the one to kill Radice.

Akihiro's near-berserk mode was awesome as hell, it makes sense that aside from Takaki he, as a fellow ex-human debris, was hit the hardest by Aston's death, which was a reminder of Masahiro's death, to make it even more painful. And Lafter can't help worrying about him, as usual.

I'm a little disappointed that Radice turned out to be nothing more than just a greedy fool. At least Mossa was a frighteningly loyal soldier, who cast away many things just to serve Rustal. It was always creepy how he said the same things that Orga could probably say to the Tekkadan kids, yet meant not a word of it; this difference was frankly chilling. In any case, Radice and Mossa meeting their well-deserved end was satisfying, at least.

My respect for Eugene continues to grow: as it turns out, he didn't borrow Montag's help, but found a way to land through the SAU air space, yay! Good job, fukudanchou!

Mika and McGillis both being quite pieces of work this time. Mika's pissed off expression when he protects Macky and informs him that Orga ordered him not to let McGillis die was priceless. The alliance with Tekkadan pays off for Macky already.

And Macky is up to his old tricks again of treating children to candyXD And also slowly but surely becoming Mika's fanboy, comparing him to GH's legendary founder. Oh, and him calling Rustal the snake on the moon was a good one, too. I also appreciated him trying to hold back and talk some sense into the Tekkadan's kids, by asking who they obey and if the orders they act on came directly from Orga.

Mika saving Hush by kicking his MS out of the enemy's attack range was notable as well, and Hush has now been shown in practice just how huge the gap between Mika and him is, and that the AV system has nothing to do with it, they're just different from the start, one is a more or less normal person, while the other is a natural born killer and genius pilot. Well, it takes guts to admit this painful truth, so props to Hush for that.

Now, from the preview it's confirmed that both Makanai and Chad have survived, good. Killing too many characters at once when we still have the better part of the season ahead is not a good move. But I'm even more lost on where Kudelia fits now if she's not taking Makanai's role.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 05:18   Link #7
Irenesharda

Quote:
Oh lol cool. Why do you move to Japan if you cant understand Japanese? You teaching English Abroad?
Yeah, I'm an English teacher as of right now, but moving here was more for the experience. Wanted something different after working public schools in Chicago, and I wanted to travel. In terms of the language, I don't know much, but you can function okay with just English and having a some native friends who can speak both and help you out. I'm an obvious gaijin, so they expect me to speak English anyway.

But it also is fun in terms of being able to now explore Japan and the culture. Though because of that, my hours are all off from those at home, especially with no daylight savings time here. LOL

But anyway, back on topic since I don't want to derail the thread (you can PM me if you want ), we should be getting subs pretty soon. But all the fights this week were pretty awesome, especially Akihiro's so I'm excited to see the actual dialogue.

The death this episode was sad, but I think since I was expecting it, it didn't hurt as bad as say, Biscuit's.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-11-13, 05:30   Link #8
Skaddix

Well you certainly got out of America at an interesting time. I had a buddy who did something similar in China.

Kudelia was never getting Makanai's Job. That is an elected position to government. Actually I wonder is Kudelia's Father position hereditary or appointed. Because I do wonder if they are ever going to deal with Kudelia confronting Daddy Dearest over selling her out. But anyway this just to get her back into the game so someone can deal with the Politics of Tekkadan so Orga can focus on the upcoming war against Rustal and Co.

Episode is called "My Friend" ah makes me think about that Naruto Theme. Nostalgia.
Old 2016-11-13, 05:31   Link #9
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
The death this episode was sad, but I think since I was expecting it, it didn't hurt as bad as say, Biscuit's.
We knew Aston for much shorter than Biscuit, so it makes sense.

Btw, speaking of the comm issue that was touched upon in the previous episode thread and the spoiler thread, Eugene ordered Zack to connect him to Lafter, and apparently Zack, although a little lost initially, was able to successfully execute the order with no much trouble. It probably means that the comm system is not overly complicated after all (at lest not as complicated as a ship's one?), and doesn't require highly specialized skills to work it, so I'm not buying that only Radice or Chad could use it among the whole Earth branch.

Quote:
Because I do wonder if they are ever going to deal with Kudelia confronting Daddy Dearest over selling her out. But anyway this just to get her back into the game so someone can deal with the Politics of Tekkadan so Orga can focus on the upcoming war against Rustal and Co.
Oh yeah, I have been wondering about her relationship with Daddy the Scum, too. From her talk with Atra, she never did confront him, and now even lives practically in her office instead of home... the girl has it tough, for sure. And I pray you're right about her stepping in to deal with the politics around Tekkadan.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 05:38   Link #10
Skaddix

Plus Biscuit had sisters, grandmother and his brother hang himself. More CD.
Old 2016-11-13, 05:49   Link #11
Irenesharda

Quote:
Well you certainly got out of America at an interesting time. I had a buddy who did something similar in China.

Kudelia was never getting Makanai's Job. That is an elected position to government. Actually I wonder is Kudelia's Father position hereditary or appointed. Because I do wonder if they are ever going to deal with Kudelia confronting Daddy Dearest over selling her out. But anyway this just to get her back into the game so someone can deal with the Politics of Tekkadan so Orga can focus on the upcoming war against Rustal and Co.
What's funny is that I indeed went out of my way to vote too.

And speaking of an election, with Kudelia, I think she might be able to get the job one day, since I think support for her is so strong that she would probably be a shoe-in and there is no one to challenge her. But we'll have to see what next episode shows in terms of her meeting with Makanai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
We knew Aston for much shorter than Biscuit, so it makes sense.

Btw, speaking of the comm issue that was touched upon in the previous episode thread and the spoiler thread, Eugene ordered Zack to connect him to Lafter, and apparently Zack, although a little lost initially, was able to successfully execute the order with no much trouble. It probably means that the comm system is not overly complicated after all (at lest not as complicated as a ship's one?), and doesn't require highly specialized skills to work it, so I'm not buying that only Radice or Chad could use it among the whole Earth branch.
Well to be fair, Zack could have easily had more time for learning how to do communications, compared to Takaki who has had to shoulder most of the ADF training.

But more realistically, after looking at last episode again, I saw that Takaki mentioned that Radice had said that Orga was proud of them. This suggests that Radice was lying to them and telling them that HQ knew all about the situation and were giving the okay and saying it's fine. Just to hear that, might have given someone as non-confrontational as Takaki a feeling of short lived assuredness that Orga did know what was going on and just didn't have time to talk to him personally.
Of course, he still had doubts in the back of his mind, but by then he was probably off to the battlefield, way away from the comm system, and barely had time to think about it.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-11-13, 06:02   Link #12
Skaddix

No I don't think its likely Kudelia gets elected to ARBRAU at all. She is a Martian. I am not even sure they allow non citizens to run. Hence why I was wondering with her Father. If its hereditary like Seven Stars then she is straight up next in line. So dealing with her Father would be good CD but it also might give Tekkadan a much needed expanded power base.

If someone gets fetted to Prime Minister, President Or King. Its far more likely to be Orga. Generals get the top gig often enough throughout History. Ambassadors not so much.
Old 2016-11-13, 06:02   Link #13
B214

So Takaki survives again. And thankfully he killed Radice, i was worried he'll let him live for a while.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 06:06   Link #14
Skaddix

Nah I knew he shoot him. CD and all. Plus no way Mika was going to let Radice Live. Granted It might have been Mika hunting down Radice and gunning him down in a hotel room.
Old 2016-11-13, 06:10   Link #15
Irenesharda

Quote:
No I don't think its likely Kudelia gets elected to ARBRAU at all. She is a Martian. I am not even sure they allow non citizens to run. Hence why I was wondering with her Father. If its hereditary like Seven Stars then she is straight up next in line. So dealing with her Father would be good CD but it also might give Tekkadan a much needed expanded power base.

If someone gets fetted to Prime Minister, President Or King. Its far more likely to be Orga. Generals get the top gig often enough throughout History. Ambassadors not so much.
Chyrese where she lives, is a colony of Arbrau, which would make her an Arbrau citizen. The same as how American colonists were still considered British subjects before declaring independence.

Kudelia maybe Martian, but she's part of Arbrau, just like 3 other sectors of Mars belong to the other 3 economic blocs. It would be an uphill battle for her to become PM, but not impossible. She was the first as a representative from the colony to make the deals she did last season, I can see her becoming another first as well.

As to her issue with her dad, since they did mention her meeting with her family a few episodes ago, I think she eventually will. As for Orga, I don't even think he'd want a position that big. I mean, he's stretched thin enough as it is running Tekkadan.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-11-13, 06:10   Link #16
Azurial

I knew it Aston Deathflag was raise all over the past episode yup ma boi Takaki murder that asshole made my day. So it turns out that Nipper is not useless as its seem

And my AkihiroX Lafter ship is strong in this episode XD

And the preview I feel sorry for Hush XD doing push up while his friend sitting on him he is three times the size of Akihiro lol but doesn't have any manly muscle like Akihiro :P
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 06:13   Link #17
FerrusManus

Execellent episode. We all knew that either Takaki or Aston would die. So it was no surprise to me, but it still made me sad. The fight between Akihiro and Galan was intense and interesting. Galan was certainly no pushover.

And now we know the name of the founder of Gjallarhorn: Agnika Kaieru. I woud laugh my ass off if he was the original pilot of the Barbatos.

I also had to laugh at the pile of axes in the first scene. A very interesting practice to have your close combat weapons ready. And we also saw the wrist-mounted Rocket Gun in action and that the Geirail Scharfrichter has deployable claws built into its shoulder shields.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 06:14   Link #18
Skaddix

I guess but its like the US and Puerto Rico right. Can you become President of the US if your Puerto Rican? Britian is not really relevant sense it had a Monarchy no election to the top job.

Hmm must of missed when they mentioned her meeting with her family that must have been awkward.

I am saying Orga as King of Mars as more endgame. They are going reek havoc on the traditional power structure. So assuming the "heroes win". Orga in charge of Mars and McGillis in charge of Earth is highly probable end scenario.
Old 2016-11-13, 06:19   Link #19
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrusManus View Post
And now we know the name of the founder of Gjallarhorn: Agnika Kaieru. I woud laugh my ass off if he was the original pilot of the Barbatos.
I find this interesting, since this is not the name of any of the 7 families that form the Seven Stars.

Fareed, Bauduin, Issue, Elion, Kujan, Falk, and Baklazan are the seven families who are are supposedly descended from the 7 who founded Gjallerhorn after ending the Calamity war.

If this is so, then where did this guy Kaieru come from? And why isn't his family mentioned? I mean sure, the name could have changed over generations, but that would be pretty odd to do when writing a plot like this. Could it be that this was an 8th member who never had a family?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-11-13, 06:23   Link #20
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Had no qualms giving this episode 10/10, because it really was payoff for the past few episodes (offing Galan and Rastice in one fell swoop was pure orgasmic pleasure).

How I wished Akihiro could finish the job rather than have Galan self-destruct in his face, though. Said veteran dude didn't deserve the luxury of choosing his manner of dying at all - although I'm quite sure once upon a time he was also as hot-blooded and forthright as the Tekkadan brats but sold his soul somewhere down the line. Hopefully McGillis reforms Gjallahorn for good and save all the poor souls from being contorted by all the hate and war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I find this interesting, since this is not the name of any of the 7 families that form the Seven Stars.

Fareed, Bauduin, Issue, Elion, Kujan, Falk, and Baklazan are the seven families who are are supposedly descended from the 7 who founded Gjallerhorn after ending the Calamity war.

If this is so, then where did this guy Kaieru come from? And why isn't his family mentioned? I mean sure, the name could have changed over generations, but that would be pretty odd to do when writing a plot like this. Could it be that this was an 8th member who never had a family?
Maybe his bloodline got absorbed into one of the 7 families once it failed to produce a male heir? Though I agree it was probably deliberate on the part of the writers than just semantic, to show just how demented Gjallahorn had become, far from the ideals which it was founded upon by Agnika Kaieru.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote