2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-01-15, 02:01   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 39 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, Episode 39.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

BTW I am going to have group chat in our discord animesuki server. if you want to join just drop talk to me

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 04:08   Link #2
Irenesharda

So, it's back, and there is some set up going on here as well as a huge amount of death flags.

We have Idiok once again astounding us with his idiocy as he manages to get himself manipulated by Jasley into going after the Turbines.

We get some backstory into Naze and Amida, which was rather nice. We see the aftermath of Atra's talk with Kudelia, and Kudelia being her older sister/motherly self to Atra. And Atra try to talk with Mika about everything, only for it to sort of go over his head as usual.
The Turbine girls return to the hammerhead, but Lafter and Akihiro have a cute goodbye with him even channeling Mika with the cleaning his hand in order to shake hers.

Everyone seems to find out that Iok has set his sights on the Turbines, with McGillis informing Orga, who is panicked with worry, though Naze interestingly enough, seems pretty laid back with all this.
However, this is all set up to the point where I have to think that the Turbines aren't going to last much longer. It just seems like they are obviously being set up to take the fall and help to push Tekkadan even higher with their sacrifice. Naze and Amida have done their job in "raising" Orga, and now that their job is done, they will go out in a blaze of glory.

Darn you, Idiok....why can't just go be an idiot somewhere else?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 04:35   Link #3
konart

Death flags, death flags everywhere!
Old 2017-01-15, 04:49   Link #4
n0m@n
C-Z

Damn, the next 2 episode will be sad....
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 05:16   Link #5
tdx

First, the new OP and ED: neither impressed me much, and I agree with those who were discontent with the dissonance between the OP song and the visuals. (also, that flower in the OP, I'm not much into flower language, but it has to mean something sad, right?) As for the ED, it's on the bottom of my list out of all 4 EDs, both song and visuals-wise.

The main plot point of the episode: Naze is so screwed thanks to Donomikols and Kujan who set him up by taking Dainsleif railgun, which is illegal, out of Kujan's closet and accusing Naze in transporting it. Now, I want to know how Barriston would react. So far he called for a meeting of the Teiwaz leaders, while Naze, when musing about who, besides Donomikols, could've leaked all the info on the Turbines' routes to GH, pointed out that it also could be the Old Man (Barriston) himself, which is a very morbid premonition, especially with what Donomikols said later to his lackey, as Barriston might turn his back on Naze.

McGillis views the forbidden weapons being taken out of the storehouses as a sign of times changing and commands Isurugi to inform their comrades that the time to rise has come.

The flashback to how Naze, a courier at the time, and Amida, a mercenary, met and how the Turbines came into being is what you'd expect, doubling as a huge death flag for both of them.

It was pretty heart-breaking how Naze gently told off the frantic Orga and told him that he's not his family and that Orga should only worry about protecting his family and achieving his goal of becoming the king of Mars.

Also, Naze took in a stride that Lafter found another man, saying to Amida that the Turbine girls are not only his wives but also his daughters, and if one of them chose a member of Tekkadan, it means she developed a taste and he's glad.

And we get to know Kudelia's reaction to Atra's baby-making request. I'm proud of her, she reacted like a truly mature person, saying that if Atra wanted to "connect" Mikazuki to this world with a baby (a confession she heard from the bakery owner), why doesn't Atra herself try. She also said that Atra is a wonderful person - basically everything I wanted someone to say to Atra to help her deal with her self-esteem issues, and Kudelia said it, attagirl. On the shipper side, although Atra, despite deciding to go for Mika, didn't let go of her harem delusion which now turned into 'let's both have Mika's baby to connect him to this world' (much to Kudelia's chagrin, because she looked at a loss on how else she could talk some sense into Atra), it's clear from Kudelia's reactions and words that her feelings for Mika have lost romantic undertones, and that she's already an adult, while Atra and Mika are still teens, so romance there is pretty impossible anymore.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 06:08   Link #6
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
First, the new OP and ED: neither impressed me much, and I agree with those who were discontent with the dissonance between the OP song and the visuals. (also, that flower in the OP, I'm not much into flower language, but it has to mean something sad, right?) As for the ED, it's on the bottom of my list out of all 4 EDs, both song and visuals-wise.

The main plot point of the episode: Naze is so screwed thanks to Donomikols and Kujan who set him up by taking Dainsleif railgun, which is illegal, out of Kujan's closet and accusing Naze in transporting it. Now, I want to know how Barriston would react. So far he called for a meeting of the Teiwaz leaders, while Naze, when musing about who, besides Donomikols, could've leaked all the info on the Turbines' routes to GH, pointed out that it also could be the Old Man (Barriston) himself, which is a very morbid premonition, especially with what Donomikols said later to his lackey, as Barriston might turn his back on Naze.

McGillis views the forbidden weapons being taken out of the storehouses as a sign of times changing and commands Isurugi to inform their comrades that the time to rise has come.

The flashback to how Naze, a courier at the time, and Amida, a mercenary, met and how the Turbines came into being is what you'd expect, doubling as a huge death flag for both of them.

It was pretty heart-breaking how Naze gently told off the frantic Orga and told him that he's not his family and that Orga should only worry about protecting his family and achieving his goal of becoming the king of Mars.

Also, Naze took in a stride that Lafter found another man, saying to Amida that the Turbine girls are not only his wives but also his daughters, and if one of them chose a member of Tekkadan, it means she developed a taste and he's glad.

And we get to know Kudelia's reaction to Atra's baby-making request. I'm proud of her, she reacted like a truly mature person, saying that if Atra wanted to "connect" Mikazuki to this world with a baby (a confession she heard from the bakery owner), why doesn't Atra herself try. She also said that Atra is a wonderful person - basically everything I wanted someone to say to Atra to help her deal with her self-esteem issues, and Kudelia said it, attagirl. On the shipper side, although Atra, despite deciding to go for Mika, didn't let go of her harem delusion which now turned into 'let's both have Mika's baby to connect him to this world' (much to Kudelia's chagrin, because she looked at a loss on how else she could talk some sense into Atra), it's clear from Kudelia's reactions and words that her feelings for Mika have lost romantic undertones, and that she's already an adult, while Atra and Mika are still teens, so romance there is pretty impossible anymore.
The flower is the red spider lily, or the Higanbana in Japanese and is known as the flower of death. It can often be seen planted in cemeteries and graveyards. But the flower doesn't just represent death, but also reincarnation after death as well. They are a very poisonous flower and are used to protect fields from vermin. They are also associated with Fall.

McMurdo turning on Naze just doesn't seem like him, but if he does, woe to him, because that would really piss Orga off.

That's just crushing for Orga not being able to help, I mean, I don't know why Naze would say they aren't family since as far as I know, older brothers are indeed part of your family. I mean, the Turbines have helped them out all this time, why can't they do likewise.

Tekkadan and Orga really are at the point where they can't leave the path they've chosen. It's become the Kings of Mars or bust, because way too much as been sacrificed to get them this far.

So, the girls are both Naze's wives AND daughters? Eww....
But I hope Lafter lasts long enough to have a relationship with Akihiro. That goodbye was cute.
And I'm glad Atra is getting some peptalks and is deciding to go for it. Kudelia just has to tell her later that she's not interested in the whole harem thing though.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-01-15, 06:10   Link #7
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Holy crap this setup episode. It just gave me the same feeling like when the 'good guys' in The Godfather & The Untouchables got trapped by the enemies and there's no way out. Please Okada, don't make all the Hammerhead crew go Sean Connery on me! I don't know if I can handle it!! And those poor babies!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
So, the girls are both Naze's wives AND daughters? Eww....
You see, Naze never refused what's offered to him, because that's also what the girls want . And in season 1, Lafter seems really happy that she can get it on with Naze everytime she wants to go wild .
Old 2017-01-15, 06:15   Link #8
Azurial

So the new opening........Lafter, Atra, Kudelia............and Yamagi????? Wait is Yaoi counted too?? XD

Deathflag founded ofc the main one is on 1.)Naze and his Wife ( I forgot her name ) I guess Naze will let all of his Daughter go to Tekkadan if he die just like a true father who let his daughter choose their own life.

2.)Lafter or Akihiro ( love how he clean his hand before shaking her hand with that implue that Akihiro dont want his stained hand that kill people and make Lafter hand dirtied...( just like Kyros from one piece XD ) if were talking about child I guess in the Lafter will be the one who will have in the future instead of Atra or Kudelia. Last season Lafter got plot armor I hope she do this season cause she is one of my fav char XD ( pls dont kill her off )

3.) Fucking Idiok's die pls no one like your kind here
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 06:22   Link #9
B214

I wonder why no one considered giving Mika a wheelchair. And Atra drink 4 bottles of milk to calm down. O_O

Either way Idiok is being Idiok again. The death flag has made its reappearance.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 06:27   Link #10
FerrusManus

I hope Idiok gets killed by either Amida or Lafter in the next episode. A nice swing with the Tobiguchi blade directly to the cockpit. And I hope that Orga comes to the rescue and we
finally see him piloting his Shiden.

What I also liked was the fact that we finally saw the Spinner Rodi in action. Fighting, and not getting slaughtered by Gjallerhorn.

Last edited by FerrusManus; 2017-01-15 at 06:38.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 06:53   Link #11
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurial View Post
So the new opening........Lafter, Atra, Kudelia............and Yamagi????? Wait is Yaoi counted too?? XD
That was Julietta. Yamagi is only in a couple quick shots, one in a group shot and the other, he's standing with Nadi and Merribit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurial View Post
3.) Fucking Idiok's die pls no one like your kind here
Can someone explain to me why suddenly Iok hates Tekkadan? I mean, I thought he hated McGillis last time we saw him. Now he hates Tekkadan...and blames them for his men's deaths. And now he's deadset on revenge against them. Why? What happened to the Macky hate, is he really that far gone?

And after Tekkadan had to bleed, die, and get crippled cleaning up his mess.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2017-01-15 at 07:43.
Old 2017-01-15, 07:27   Link #12
Skye629

H-H-HAM?! MIKA WTF XD

Hmmmm Ill give the OP time to grow/not grow on me. Love the ED song though, beautiful, though visually theres not much going on, sorta like the first OP

Oh those death flags.....but I think Azee/Lafter/mayhaps some of the other girls are gonna get out of this alive, the Hekija and Laftner are still seen in the OP sequences so I doubt they will be killed off this early

Naze approves the ship, this guy is truly a man among men

Iok.....nothing to say here, but I nearly spat out my drink while reading the subs when Rustal was commenting on Iok. This guy DOES NOTHING to warrant that level of trust/loyalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
I wonder why no one considered giving Mika a wheelchair. And Atra drink 4 bottles of milk to calm down. O_O

Either way Idiok is being Idiok again. The death flag has made its reappearance.
Ever try moving a wheelchair with one hand? It sucks
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 07:30   Link #13
ReddyRedWolf

McGillis sees Iok bringing out railguns, given the last cluterfrak Iok caused he thinks maybe its time to revolt as that guy is bound to make things worse. It's paranoid but properly paranoid given it is Iok.

Iok blames Tekkadan for everything wanting revenge shows he is no different from Carta and Gaelio. Pride is what drives him. From Rustal's description of him being charismatic draw comparison to Garma in Gundam. Iok would trust Vidar if he revealed his identity.

Vidar won't reveal his identity until he figures out McGillis' end game and why he betrayed him and Carta.

Jasley thinks he is going to inherit McMurdo's kingdom with Naze out of the way. Not figuring out McMurdo may as well have new favorite sons in Tekkadan.

As for Turbines origins Naze followed Amida like a puppy. He help her and this all woman group by being the guy with the harem protecting them from exploitation. Naze isn't a playboy he is man slut. This is the first time I say this about a fictional character. He doesn't mind the fringe benefits. Unlike what Atra is planning he doesn't the down the women around him. If they want to be with another man he is cool with it.

As for Atra's plan to tie Mika down with babies from her and Kudelia good luck with that. As his bro-manship with Orga is in the way. Hell he can probably only perform in zero gravity with Barbatos. That would be awkward.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 07:41   Link #14
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

A sad thing they avoid the whore turned pilot backstory of Amida and Lafter. and that they did do honest work that no one else did and shyed away from bringingout the fates of runaway crews from unecessary dark backhistory that serves to gratitutate the audience like Liz's backstory.
Old 2017-01-15, 07:50   Link #15
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Jasley thinks he is going to inherit McMurdo's kingdom with Naze out of the way. Not figuring out McMurdo may as well have new favorite sons in Tekkadan.

Y'know what, thats what I want to see

Naze/Amida dies (but Lafter/Azee makes it out with some others to join Tekkadan, then we get like 100 new ships with all the now available girls), then in the Turbine meeting McMurdo declares Tekkadan will replace the Turbines pissing off Jasley (and by extension Iok) to the nth degree

With further salt to the wound when he sees Mika there in Saisei, half paralyzed, sitting there and eating his snacks like he doesn't give a shit

Or Mika somehow shows up in the battle and saves the Turbines. We never have any time indication of how long Mika had been in Saisei prior to the scene we got in the episode, so its possible that Barbatos could be repaired in time to sortie. Though to be frank, the show is really building towards death, at least for Naze/Amida. Or at the very least he's the saving grace that allows some of the Turbines to make it out alive

Or we could get something like in 00 where a Coup by McGillis and his faction calls for an emergency withdrawal of the Arianhod fleet
Old 2017-01-15, 08:00   Link #16
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

either Mika's perception is a bit warped or he can't just explain it, i mean comparing babies to ham?
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 08:06   Link #17
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
either Mika's perception is a bit warped or he can't just explain it, i mean comparing babies to ham?
Going down in my books as one of the top WTF moments in Gundam history. I actually replayed the scene after the episode was done to make sure I read the subs right
Old 2017-01-15, 08:19   Link #18
Irenesharda

Looking at the Turbines origins, I never realized that the group was really that huge. I mean over 50,000 people?

If something happens to Naze, what happens? They really ARE the pre-Tekkadan.

I guess, if the Hammerhead and some of the crew is taken out, the rest of the Turbines can become a subsidiary of Tekkadan, going under their protection. Basically Tekkadan would be all males, while Turbine was all females.

Poor Orga, it's not even his fault even those he's blaming himself so much.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-01-15, 08:30   Link #19
akumaten

This is bad
Don't lose those suns, DON'T LOSE THOSE TURBINES!!!
Damn you Jarsly! Damn you, Idiok

"Because I feel I'm not good enough for Mikazuki"

Atra, do you know how amazing you really are? You are an iron flower. You are perfect for him.
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 08:32   Link #20
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Looking at the Turbines origins, I never realized that the group was really that huge. I mean over 50,000 people?

If something happens to Naze, what happens? They really ARE the pre-Tekkadan.

I guess, if the Hammerhead and some of the crew is taken out, the rest of the Turbines can become a subsidiary of Tekkadan, going under their protection. Basically Tekkadan would be all males, while Turbine was all females.

Poor Orga, it's not even his fault even those he's blaming himself so much.
They will have to fight to survive or be enslaved by someone like the backstabbing fucker. Maybe they can join Tekkadan, idk (the preview said that flower (Tekkadan) needs sun (Women of turbines) to bloom)