2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-01-21, 22:03   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 40 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, Episode 40.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 03:49   Link #2
Irenesharda

This episode was just so visceral. I...I honestly need a moment. And Iok....you have earned the title of being one of the most HATED characters in all of Gundam.

Spoiler for main character deaths:

I'm going to have to give this a full review later, after I calm down.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 05:13   Link #3
tdx

That was every bit as brutal and cynical as Arianrhod's setup in Dorts. Iok is... I think many of us are discovering a new level of hate for him, even if we previously thought that it was impossible. Ordering his men to pretend not to see multiple surrender signals from Hammerhead, skewering the transport ships with civilian members of the Turbines that tried to escape with the forbidden Dainsleif spears, declaring that this senseless slaughter a showing of the king' might... Iok really is the culmination of everything that's wrong with the current rotten GH, and this is not even an exaggeration.

We can't be sure he's dead yet either, because we didn't see if Hammerhead destroyed the bridge of his ship or just damaged it further. Goddamit.

Julietta is such an idiot. Her desperate lust for power is driving her mad. If she doesn't realize anything in the wake of Amida's sacrifice and seeing how repulsive Iok is, she'll end up the same as Ein, for sure.

Those predicting that Gusion and Flauros (and Raiden-go, too) will get their time to shine with Barbatos out of action guessed right, although their screentime was little. And this is the first time I have respect for Shino for coming up with that plan to go on their own to help civilian members of the Turbines escape under the pretense of testing their boosters so that Tekkadan is not involved and outlawed like the Turbines as a result. (Oh, and Akihiro's misunderstanding of Lafter wanting to strangle him to death when what she meant to hug him tightly lol)

Naze disbanding the Turbines and asking Barriston to take care of the women by getting them jobs under Teiwaz as his last request... It's conceivable that some of those women might join Tekkadan next, as some predicted.

And then we have Orga who in the beginning is outraged that Barriston pretended like nothing was wrong and ordered him to stay put because his making a move would put Teiwaz in danger. Well, with how Orga is seen stopping Eugene in the PV and clenching his own fists to stop himself at the funerals, unlike before his revenge this time will be a cold dish, served in a calculated but still brutal manner. That single manly tear is gonna cost Jasley a world, I'm sure. And he now has a grudge against Barriston, too, for not doing anything to help Naze, so yeah, Tekkadan separating itself from Teiwaz intensifies.

Last edited by tdx; 2017-01-22 at 05:39.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 06:10   Link #4
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Without definitive, on-screen confirmation that Iok is finally out of the picture, I just hope a later episode will give us the pleasure of watching him tortured, desecrated, dissected before he is allowed to expire away into nothingness. You know, typical villains meeting their downfall usually elicit relief because they are so vile, scheming and generally helped push our beloved protagonists to the edge of their lives. They exist for the greater good of the plot. But Iok is just... a fucking thorn in the flesh, a pest who is clearly out of his league, obnoxious and downright detestable. It's an insult that our favourite secondary characters have to meet their demise while up against that cockroach, made even more distasteful by how the latter is most likely still alive and kicking, and pathologically wired to do more harm to the world he's so ill-adept for. I don't care who pulls the trigger but:

PLEASE RID THE WORLD OF IOK NOW.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 06:14   Link #5
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

If you want even more reason to root for McGillis' faction and consider Rustal's faction as the horrific old guard that needs to be put down then this is it. We are reminded why Rustal's factions are the antagonists and that McGillis episode by episode looks less like a villain and in a sense right. Rustal's faction had gotten revenge for the humiliation at Abrau, DHC and the Hasmhal Assault by removing the Turbines from the picture. People wanted Tekkadan to face losses and this was it, we are reminded of how dangerous Rustal is as a threat.

Even with the evacuation plan there were still casualties in this fight for the evacuees with the bridge crew counted among the dead, this mission didn't just shown us that Gjallarhorn is cruel we are reminded of what perils the crew faces when they were all female crews. If the show wanted to show how cruel Gjallarhorn is, Iok would have ordered boarding actions with the usual horrors awaiting them but Okada has directly avoided running over every dark plot device I would have think of.

As the Dansleif myth said, this is the move that pushes the small slight into full out war between the two factions and after Jasley is taken care of the war against Elion's faction is going full swing.
Old 2017-01-22, 06:15   Link #6
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
That was every bit as brutal and cynical as Arianrhod's setup in Dorts. Iok is... I think many of us are discovering a new level of hate for him, even if we previously thought that it was impossible. Ordering his men to pretend not to see multiple surrender signals from Hammerhead, skewering the transport ships with civilian members of the Turbines that tried to escape with the forbidden Dainsleif spears, declaring that this senseless slaughter a showing of the king' might... Iok really is the culmination of everything that's wrong with the current rotten GH, and this is not even an exaggeration.

We can't be sure he's dead yet either, because we didn't see if Hammerhead destroyed the bridge of his ship or just damaged it further. Goddamit.

Julietta is such an idiot. Her desperate lust for power is driving her mad. If she doesn't realize anything in the wake of Amida's sacrifice and seeing how repulsive Iok is, she'll end up the same as Ein, for sure.
The thing is, I think that she does know that what a piece of crap he is, but she's so consumed with her own obsession that she no longer cares about whatever he's doing as long as it serves her quest to become stronger.
A quest that she's failing seeing as Amida was able to hold up pretty well against her in a pretty old suit at that. As much as I loved Amida, she would have never lasted against Mika going all out. If Julietta wants to get to Mika level, she's got a long way to go.

As for Iok, on one hand, somehow despite his idiocy, his plan actually succeded. However, considering all the war crimes he commited in doing it, cancels out all that and in fact puts him in the negative zone. Firing on ships that have already surrendered, purposefully firing on civilian transport ships, and using illegal weaponry to do it? How low can you sink?

Quote:
And then we have Orga who in the beginning is outraged that Barriston pretended like nothing was wrong and ordered him to stay put because his making a move would put Teiwaz in danger. Well, with how Orga is seen stopping Eugene in the PV and clenching his own fists to stop himself at the funerals, unlike before his revenge this time will be a cold dish, served in a calculated but still brutal manner. That single manly tear is gonna cost Jasley a world, I'm sure. And he now has a grudge against Barriston, too, for not doing anything to help Naze, so yeah, Tekkadan separating itself from Teiwaz intensifies.
On one hand I get where McMurdo is coming from, but at the same time, I also get Orga's anger. It's sort of that Spock vs Kirk clash of mentalities. The good of the overall mission and group vs facing and conquering the odds because we don't leave a man behind.

During his entire time as leader of Tekkadan and even as leader of the third group, Orga has scrapped, fought, and sacrificed for his men, sure some of his men die and he's had to carry that. But he's never purposefully abandoned men under him if he knew he hand the power to help them. Here, while I understand that McMurdo was looking out for the good of Teiwaz, I think there is definitely more he could have done. Especially considering that he could have nipped this in the bud earlier by dealing with Jasley, who has been rather obvious in his animosity. Sure it might be fine to begin with as boys will be boys, but as years past and that animosity grew, you should have known that it was going to come to a head.

I also think that McMurdo could have thought of something else, some way of sending Naze help. I mean, Shino can't be the only one who thinks of a plan to "test boosters", come on.

One thing we do know is, I think that McGillis might get quite a few more willing volunteers to join his revolution as I think quite a few Turbine girls are pretty pissed.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-01-22, 06:15   Link #7
Azurial

No words to say just pure manly tears dropping . Kinda see it mioe away of Naze and Amida death im quite prepared but is too much. ....RIP Naze and Amida IBO death bring more emotion then all other gundam series out of all gundam series this one hit me the hardest.

Next episode will talking episode and funeral ceremony T-T.
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 06:16   Link #8
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

My god this episode........

It's a bloodbath on the Turbines' side.

Those of you who said that Iok will go easy on civillians of Turbines (aka women & children), well...you can kiss that theory goodbye. Like I said in previous thread, Iok doesn't give a shit. He'll shoot them all and kill 'em all like a crazy-version of Yzak Joule. But of course his character is lightyears worse than Yzak. Somebody need to castrate this sunovabitch. Death is too nice for him.
Old 2017-01-22, 06:16   Link #9
tsunade666

Just die already IDIOK. Darn, that guy still manage to evade his ship from the suicide charge.

R.I.P. Naze and Amida. Super strong episode. The Feels are strong.

Dainsleif weapon is OP. Such long range. It covered from the other side of the asteroid, until it reached the escaping ships.
Old 2017-01-22, 06:21   Link #10
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Dainsleif weapon is OP. Such long range. It covered from the other side of the asteroid, until it reached the escaping ships.
Well, in space, if you have a harpoon-like weapon that can pierce through anything, all you need is a good aim and a good kick and it will reach and screw your target no matter how far it is (unless the harpoons pass another source of gravity).
Old 2017-01-22, 06:29   Link #11
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
My god this episode........

It's a bloodbath on the Turbines' side.

Those of you who said that Iok will go easy on civillians of Turbines (aka women & children), well...you can kiss that theory goodbye. Like I said in previous thread, Iok doesn't give a shit. He'll shoot them all and kill 'em all like a crazy-version of Yzak Joule. But of course his character is lightyears worse than Yzak. Somebody need to castrate this sunovabitch. Death is too nice for him.
And Galieo is shaping up to be a monster as well. This src we saw Iok's cruelty but now that the war is in full swing he is going to show how far revenge takes a man
Old 2017-01-22, 06:40   Link #12
Boukenxha

What a scumbag, I'm raging hard and crying even harder.

URGGHHH! Can't believe Iok won't die at once for what he's done.

RIP Naze and Amida.
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 06:46   Link #13
devilo96

Damn it that idiot iok......why he still alive argh.....this what u call plot amor in gundam series....
Please god make sunrise open their eyes...please just kill that idiot
Now i really hope today rating will be bad as fuck
Pfft
Last wish naze to old man teiwaz...
Let me guess naze want all his girl and the rest of turbines will become orga power to complete orga wish...
Even naze die he still remember orga and he still give orga the rest of his power...

Damn why sunrise why....

Fix orga will be the one who kill Iok
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 06:56   Link #14
Overmars

If Iok is still alive after this, I hope McGillis is the one to kill him.
Overmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 07:01   Link #15
Knight_SV

or perhaps iok will be lupus rex first victim on his debut
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 07:04   Link #16
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
Damn it that idiot iok......why he still alive argh.....this what u call plot amor in gundam series....
Please god make sunrise open their eyes...please just kill that idiot
No, it's not plot armor, its that at this point, it would be too quick, too easy. We need to make him suffer.

Hit him where it hurts: his supposed honor and pride. Rustal is going to be furious with him, he actually has hurt the both of them with what he's done. He can now legally be arrested and his entire family shamed. We need to take down and dismantle everything he cares about, and only then, do we kill him. And in the worst way possible.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-01-22, 07:26   Link #17
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

I'm sure im not the only one who laughed and face palm when Iok's subordinate asked him if they should change the bridge into combat mode, and Iok responded in the most Iok-ic way.
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 07:32   Link #18
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrodriguez View Post
I'm sure im not the only one who laughed and face palm when Iok's subordinate asked him if they should change the bridge into combat mode, and Iok responded in the most Iok-ic way.
Yes, you're not the only one. I can see Talia Gladys from SEED Destiny smacking Iok in the face for that one response alone .
Old 2017-01-22, 07:34   Link #19
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
No, it's not plot armor, its that at this point, it would be too quick, too easy. We need to make him suffer.

Hit him where it hurts: his supposed honor and pride. Rustal is going to be furious with him, he actually has hurt the both of them with what he's done. He can now legally be arrested and his entire family shamed. We need to take down and dismantle everything he cares about, and only then, do we kill him. And in the worst way possible.
Or Rustal giving zero shits seeing its Teiwaz and the smug self satisfaction that he humiliated Orga and reminded him how powerless he is under the new rule
Old 2017-01-22, 07:36   Link #20
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

In hindsight, there was really no other way this was going to end.

The pair is pretty much cemented with each other and there was no separating them. Not even deceit. They're that accustomed to each other.