Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-23, 15:05   Link #41
Reticia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Zangetsu being young in bankai mode.
Why would it be inconsistent ? It's not less consistent than Ichigo being naked in bankai mode when he uses up all his reiatsu. It should only mean the potential of the sword, a parralel between youth and strength. The younger Zangetsu becomes, the more it is powerful. The state Zangetsu is in this chapter can mean that it has reached its full potential. Or that he has merged with Hichigo, it's a possibility.
Old 2010-06-23, 15:08   Link #42
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reticia View Post
Why would it be inconsistent ? It's not less consistent than Ichigo being naked in bankai mode when he uses up all his reiatsu.
That's... kind of a good point. Touché.
Old 2010-06-23, 15:37   Link #43
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Zangetsu being young in bankai mode.
to be fair, outside of any filler in the anime, bankai zangetsu has never been shown. would make sense, if the shikai sword changes, so should the look of the spirit.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2010-06-23, 15:42   Link #44
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Hmmm...what if Kubo thought of this all along which is why he never showed Zangetsu when Ichigo was in bankai mode?

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-06-23, 15:44   Link #45
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Hmmm...what if Kubo thought of this all along which is why he never showed Zangetsu when Ichigo was in bankai mode?
That suggests that he actually had the whole thing planned, but the past several hundred chapters would say otherwise - he had it planned to the end of Soul Society, but no further.
Old 2010-06-23, 15:44   Link #46
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
So what, if Ichigo goes for an even more powerful form, Zangetsu will become a baby?
And where is Hichigo? I though Zangetsu did not appear for holding him at bay all this time.
Old 2010-06-23, 16:06   Link #47
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
It will when all these people miraculously brought back to life.
ugh, i do fear that you will be right...
Y'know, would it be so much to ask that isshin and ichigo even entertain the thought, and acknowledge that there are very serious consequences to allow Aizen to act freely for a whole hour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombyethan1000 View Post
But how do you resurrect people in bleach?
Orihime
Old 2010-06-23, 16:13   Link #48
Gin
*Artist

Why is Ai-chan killing people? Surely Gin's Bankai could do it faster, he might have to crouch down though because most of the people are still asleep. Which leads me to question why Urahara didn't swap out the town at night time so everyone didn't freak out when they woke up on the street. It would have also set Ai-chan up for an epic line about a new dawn after he makes the key and departs before sunrise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
And where is Hichigo? I though Zangetsu did not appear for holding him at bay all this time.
From what Shirosaki said last time Ichigo visited his inner world, it seemed like Shirosaki only appeared because Ichigo drew to much power from Zangetsu which allowed Shirosaki to take over. Since Ichigo spent most of his time in HM spamming his mask, its possible that he drew enough power from his hollow side (especially during his fight with Ulquiorra) that Zangetsu was able to regain control. But then again Ichigo was in Bankai and mask most of the time so they might have fused, which would be why Isshin said Zangetsu would be wild this time.
Old 2010-06-23, 16:13   Link #49
Nite-Wing

Iv'e come to the conclusion that Kubo planned BLEACH all the way up to the reveal of the Vizards and since then has just been making it up as he goes along. I'm kinda mad that his editor wouldn't think to just reign him in a little and make him think about plot points like this.
Isshin stops to train Ichigo and not confront Aizen for an hour which we see hes more than likely going to spend killing people. What his Karin and Yuzu get killed?? Is this just a way for Ichigo to hate his father for making him train.
I honestly wish Orihime switched places with Tatsuki because I have no doubt shes going to end up butchered just because.
Old 2010-06-23, 16:30   Link #50
astrallionheart

Seeing as how their skills are so compatible, Isshin might as well spend some time teaching Ichigo the FUSION technique.
Old 2010-06-23, 16:33   Link #51
9TailsOfDestruction
Taicho

Aizen isn't even slashing these people to death, he's just walking around and the spiritual pressure he is giving off is making these people disintegrate. Tessai and Ryuken will probably be arriving soon that will slow Aizen and Gin till Ichigo and Isshin arrive! And younger Zangetsu def looks like Ulq like a few others stated
Old 2010-06-23, 16:36   Link #52
astrallionheart

If that's true isn't that a bit of a plot hole? When did humans start interacting with reaitsu? In fact non-hollow ghosts (the little kid running from hollows) didn't even seem effected. -_-
Old 2010-06-23, 16:41   Link #53
ElricKeyblade

Forgive me, those who are annoyed at generic fangirls, but I must say that young!Zangetsu is TOTALLY hot. <3 <3

But I do wonder...what is it that he wants to protect, when he said that what he wants to protect and what Ichigo wants to protect are two different things? o.o
Old 2010-06-23, 17:05   Link #54
9TailsOfDestruction
Taicho

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallionheart View Post
If that's true isn't that a bit of a plot hole? When did humans start interacting with reaitsu? In fact non-hollow ghosts (the little kid running from hollows) didn't even seem effected. -_-
But they are in Soul Society now, no
Old 2010-06-23, 17:15   Link #55
Alchemist007
*Author

Heh, Aizen isn't so much murdering them as much as they won't 'move out of his way.' He even said not to come any closer to that hobo.
Tensa is starting to remind me of Smeagol from LOTR ('my precious!')
Old 2010-06-23, 17:35   Link #56
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I think Kubo has forgotten that Zangetsu is a part of Ichigo's soul, what Ichigo wants to protect IS what Zangetsu wants to protect since he is Ichigo's soul. The only reason Hichigo has a differing opinion from Ichigo is because he is the embodiment of Ichigo's pure instincts and bloodlust but there is no excuse for Zangetsu unless deep down Ichigo doesn't want to protect his friends.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-06-23, 17:56   Link #57
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
Iv'e come to the conclusion that Kubo planned BLEACH all the way up to the reveal of the Vizards and since then has just been making it up as he goes along. I'm kinda mad that his editor wouldn't think to just reign him in a little and make him think about plot points like this.
Y'know i vaguely recall someone one mentioning that Kubo admited to not even planning for Aizen to be the villain, coming up with the idea only midway through SS... not sure if that's true or not, just what i recall hearing someone say

Quote:
I honestly wish Orihime switched places with Tatsuki because I have no doubt shes going to end up butchered just because.
I don't know... considering how we can't even say that hiyori is dead after being CUT IN HALF... i would not make any bets on killing someone like tatsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallionheart View Post
Well Aizen does mention that this is what happens to spiritual bodies... and everyone who goes to SS has a spiritual body instead of a physical one
Old 2010-06-23, 19:35   Link #58
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

All in all, the chapter felt really short, but it was decent. I'm glad that Aizen was killing humans with his sheer presence and not childishly testing his powers like I first thought. I'm actually looking forward to the next couple of chapters.

Quote:
I think Kubo has forgotten that Zangetsu is a part of Ichigo's soul, what Ichigo wants to protect IS what Zangetsu wants to protect since he is Ichigo's soul. The only reason Hichigo has a differing opinion from Ichigo is because he is the embodiment of Ichigo's pure instincts and bloodlust but there is no excuse for Zangetsu unless deep down Ichigo doesn't want to protect his friends.
Yeah, Tensa Zangetsu's attitude was surprising.

My guess is probably that final getsuga is highly self-damaging or potentially suicidal attack and using it goes against Zangetsu's no. 1 priority of protecting/guiding Ichigo.

If that's correct, Zangetsu has no problem teaching Ichigo moves that he needs to defend himself but doesn't want to teach a Ichigo a technique that will throw his life away.

Old 2010-06-23, 19:44   Link #59
sayde

Quote:
Well if Zangetsu is merely "a part" to Ichigo's soul, then his desires may only reflect some of Ichigo's inner desires (as oppose to all of them). So my immediate assumption turned out to be the same as Sabaku Kyu's. This final technique might turn out to be Ichigo's rasenshuriken. What I want to know is why and how in hell an upgraded GT alone will be the power-up Ichigo needs to stand on a leveled playing field with Aizen. Maybe the final GT will be so power powerful, it could cut through anything -- including dimensions. lol (Kuwabara ftw!)
Old 2010-06-23, 19:48   Link #60
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

upping zangetsu from an old man to a teenager..... not bad, still I was expecting Strawberry-kun to learn how to use that monster inside him instead of learning how to use a new Spam-tool.

The posibility of Hichigo becoming the final boss (after Aizen) might still be there if Kubo decides to have Strawberry-kun learn a new GT... or who knows what goes on in Kubo's crazy noodle...
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter thread