Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-19, 02:06   Link #61
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Hmm, I gotta say, I personally prefer the less-goldified version of Akatsuki. The heavily-goldified version is such a huge contrast to pretty much anything and everything else on the screen that it gets hard on the eyes. lol
But then there is the whole "Why is ep 40 the only one with yellow Akatsuki?" thing. And that's a real big continuity error. In the end, continuity is more important to me than color tones matching on a quick 2 second scene. Also worth noting is that in PHASE-42, the recap scenes from PHASE-40 at the beginning changed the yellow to gold in the TV broadcast. So in retrospect I think they didn't like yellow Akatsuki after they produced PHASE-40. Chalk that up to another GSD mismanagement.
Old 2006-04-19, 02:11   Link #62
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
But then there is the whole "Why is ep 40 the only one with yellow Akatsuki?" thing. And that's a real big continuity error. In the end, continuity is more important to me than color tones matching on a quick 2 second scene. Also worth noting is that in PHASE-42, the recap scenes from PHASE-40 at the beginning changed the yellow to gold in the TV broadcast. So in retrospect I think they didn't like yellow Akatsuki after they produced PHASE-40. Chalk that up to another GSD mismanagement.
Lol, qft.
Old 2006-04-19, 02:20   Link #63
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

@Nightengale - God help me I'm a member on an internet message board...I know you think you know me, but you really don't...There are 30,000 people who frequent this place...If you hear me repeating something I've said before or think that I'm oversaturating the forum with my opinions understand THEY ALL AIN'T WRITTEN FO' U...Excuse my ghettoness, but I say what i want when i want, yet unlike most trolls I back most of my $hit up...

What you have to understand is when a thread is created I post my opinion or objection and I do this many times (sometimes as a literary art believe me)...Funny thing is not too many people make threads titled "What did you love about GSD?" cause I could surley tell you...Another misconception is that I hate this series which is not the case...it just utterly dissapoints me and left me bitter (Especially with it's handeling of Shinn's character)...I would not torture myself thru a series I hate like YOU THINK I HATE GSD...GSD has many strong points for an average or above average anime series...My problem is that I expect more because it's GUNDAM...I respect the hell outta GUNDAM, I don't know if i enjoy other animes or even place them on the same level as the Gundam franchise as a whole...Perhaps that's my mistake but it's fair and thru the years I've learned there are plenty of people like me...If I wasn't posting there would be no one in my place saying what i say quite how i say it...So allow me to continue....

Quote:
Fact : GSD in it's prime was more discussed than all of the current sub-forum series combined.
I'm not gonna even pretend to know what crack in the wall you pulled that stat from...Your assuming this is the only place I've ever read forum chatter...I think it's fair for me to give you my personal findings in regards to my general take on the problems people discuss in GSD vs other programs I also post and am attentive about...

Quote:
Even if they have errors, it's not something we, the common folks notice.
Common folks...Maybe I'm insane but most people who continuously debate me and post religiously on an anime message board are considered a bit beyond the common folks...The common folks are the ones in line at Walmart right now paying 200 bucks for GSD DVD and will enjoy every minute of it with no objections, then join a forum like animesuki.com and look bewildered when they talk about how great it is and find out when it orginally aired it was the chum in a fan blood-bath...Forum-heads who post a whole damn lot like you and me are past the common stage...

Quote:
And as for why other animes get more slack, to be realistic here. Tons of people watch GSD, even for this forum alone. And out of the so many, really only like 3 to 10 actually noticed these errors. The rest like us, are oblivious to these errors since they're like...0.5 seconds of error. And of course, not that I'm saying these other animes have tons of errors. Even if they have errors, it's not something we, the common folks notice.
But you have nothing to back this up, this is pure conjecture...I remember during the actual airing of the series people used to PM me asking did I see this and that error...The bottomline is we sit on opposite sides of the isle on this...You've debated me enuff to know how I operate and I have seen your defense methods aswell...We will most likley never agree in totality because I look at things on an entirely different aspect than you at times....Doesn't mean we can't have heated discussions and then be all cool about it...The best thing to do is to continue doing what we do and not going OUT OF OUR WAYS to convince the other guy of looking at this in a way that we know we never will....Eventhough I'm quoting your name doesn't mean I'm not writing my conclusions for the "common folks" to read aswell....

Back on topic: .//hackatasuki never looked better...That's one animation error I thought they'd fix for sure...
Old 2006-04-19, 02:28   Link #64
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Here's some more, and after this I'm calling it quits for today because I've wasted, off and on, the better half of my night posting in this thread.

PHASE-34 20:10 TV/Fansub

PHASE-34 20:10 DVD

As you can see here, in the broadcast, Freedom's eyes were green and they were corrected to yellow (the true color) in the DVD.

FINAL-PHASE 07:11 TV/Fansub

FINAL-PHASE 07:11 DVD

Obvious again here. Freedom was used instead of Strike Freedom in the broadcast. DVD has been corrected.

One more thing worth noting is that, on the TV broadcast before it cut to commercial, the GSD logo faded in the bottom right or left corner. On the R2 DVDs, the GSD logo is removed and before it cuts to the eyecatch with Kira and Lacus, the animation is clean. On the R1 DVDs, however, the GSD logo is there before the eyecatch. Not really an error, just an observation.
Old 2006-04-19, 02:35   Link #65
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:

FINAL-PHASE 07:11 TV/Fansub

FINAL-PHASE 07:11 DVD

Obvious again here. Freedom was used instead of Strike Freedom in the broadcast. DVD has been corrected.
*spew* I forgot all about that. lol

Which (kinda) reminds me, what about the scene in 34 when Impulse impales Freedom with its ASSword? The part where it shows the beam curving over the tip of the blade. Did they change that in any way? The huge fuss over that scene is driving my curiosity level through the roof now that I remember it.
Old 2006-04-19, 02:35   Link #66
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

I never noticed the green eyes thing. Makes Freedom look kinda wierd.

As far as that replacement goes for Freedom to SF from the last ep, I'm disappointed with it because they left the reflections from the Freedom in the exact spots, which line up ok in a few spots, but stuff like the torso cannon shouldn't reflect like that. Also, to the right of that is justr a glowing green patch that was on Freedom's arm, but now is kind of hovering over the SF. If they can replace the layer that holds Freedom with SF, you'd think removing or adjusting the reflections would be doable...
Old 2006-04-19, 02:37   Link #67
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaZEROCustom
As far as that replacement goes for Freedom to SF from the last ep, I'm disappointed with it because they left the reflections from the Freedom in the exact spots, which line up ok in a few spots, but stuff like the torso cannon shouldn't reflect like that. Also, to the right of that is justr a glowing green patch that was on Freedom's arm, but now is kind of hovering over the SF. If they can replace the layer that holds Freedom with SF, you'd think removing or adjusting the reflections would be doable...
Hmmm, I was wondering what those spots were about. Well, some errors for the DVDs too, I guess.
Old 2006-04-19, 02:39   Link #68
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

As fast as SF passes the camera in that shot, I really doubt it is noticeable. I might go look at Final Plus later since that change was made there as well, and see if I can pinpoint the reflections. I doubt I can.
Old 2006-04-19, 02:39   Link #69
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
*spew* I forgot all about that. lol

Which (kinda) reminds me, what about the scene in 34 when Impulse impales Freedom with its ASSword? The part where it shows the beam curving over the tip of the blade. Did they change that in any way? The huge fuss over that scene is driving my curiosity level through the roof now that I remember it.
Well, I'm not going to bother with capping from the DVD on this one because I remember in the broadcast, it showed Impulse flying toward Freedom and the beam on the sword had bent around the tip (probably due to the high speed at which the MS was flying at) and then when it punctured thru Freedom's shield, it was back to normal (as in the beam did not cover the tip). In any case I believe the reason he was able to stab thru Freedom was because Kira disabled the engine, wasn't it?

Edit:

Well, it's not exactly as I remember it, but there you go. That one is from the DVD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaZEROCustom
As fast as SF passes the camera in that shot, I really doubt it is noticeable. I might go look at Final Plus later since that change was made there as well, and see if I can pinpoint the reflections. I doubt I can.
It was corrected in the Final Plus broadcast. That was the only error in ep 50, besides the ending sucking.
Old 2006-04-19, 02:47   Link #70
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

Quote:
It was corrected in the Final Plus broadcast. That was the only error in ep 50, besides the ending sucking.
Right, I know the Freedom error was corrected, thats why I said I knew it was corrected in Final Plus. What I meant was going to see about the refelections being there and how well one could see them being out of place during normal viewing. I watched that scene probably 10 times, and couldn't notice it since SF flies by so damn fast. It took me about 15 tries after the fact just to stop the playback in Winamp at the right spot.
Old 2006-04-19, 02:48   Link #71
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Well, I'm not going to bother with capping from the DVD on this one because I remember in the broadcast, it showed Impulse flying toward Freedom and the beam on the sword had bent around the tip (probably due to the high speed at which the MS was flying at) and then when it punctured thru Freedom's shield, it was back to normal (as in the beam did not cover the tip). In any case I believe the reason he was able to stab thru Freedom was because Kira disabled the engine, wasn't it?
I believe the PS armor was still on when Impulse impaled Freedom (unless they changed it for the DVDs), so I doubt Kira had turned the engine off then.

Wouldn't the beam go towards the handle of the sword rather than the tip if the beam was moved due to the high speed? I remember when I tried to reason out the whole beam sword tip thing on Anime Planet everybody was screaming "FOUL!" "WTH are you tallking about?!" "Plot-device!!" (hence my interest in whether or not they changed that scene in the DVDs lol )

Anyway, I doubt we'd make heads or tails of it unless I'm missing something shown only in the DVDs, so I don't even want to make my head hurt thinking about it. Somebody post the screens or just say how it was chnaged if at all when you have the chance, please.
Old 2006-04-19, 02:54   Link #72
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Anyway, I doubt we'd make heads or tails of it unless I'm missing something shown only in the DVDs, so I don't even want to make my head hurt thinking about it.
Somebody post the screens or just say how it was chnaged if at all when you have the chance, please.
I edited my other post with a picture capped from the DVD. Looks about the same as the way it was in the TV version to me. If someone wants to post a cap of the one from the TV version go ahead but I don't think they changed anything.
Old 2006-04-19, 02:57   Link #73
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Thanks.
Old 2006-04-19, 03:02   Link #74
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

It's identical. I can't post a screencap because Winamp hates me and I can't grab caps from it, but frame for frame it's identical.
Old 2006-04-19, 08:41   Link #75
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
To the idiots in this thread who keep quoting the images... HELLO. NOT NECESSARY. If you are going to constantly quote, please remove the image tags then. In addition, Shinji and wingdarkness, if you really have a problem with this thread, stay the hell away from it then. Honestly, if you don't care for what other people have to say about it, just stop, otherwise I'll see if a mod can remove your pointless bantering posts of hot air. This thread is to serve a purpose for screenshotting the corrections and not trying to slander/attack others or the creators.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2006-04-19, 08:43   Link #76
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Artanis
Total Posts: 3 (0.04 posts per day)

^ What a credible guy...

To think you chose to include me in your .04...To use one of your 3 INCREDIBLE posts just to mention my name...

Thank You I'm flattered...

I guess your not a nobody now...
How nice of you to go out of your way to prove him right.
Old 2006-04-19, 09:18   Link #77
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Just to bring this thread back in the right direction.......

Does other seemingly unconsistent animation get revamped as well, other than the listed examples of Todaka and Jona? Somewhat like the Gilbert-Shinn-Athrun-dinner episode where the main characters, while well drawn doesn't exactly look like Hirai's original style? Or is it left as it is? I'm talking more on the lines of major characters, who almost always are well animated in the anime, but with some episodes where the slight difference is somewhat clear.
Old 2006-04-19, 10:03   Link #78
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Somewhat like the Gilbert-Shinn-Athrun-dinner episode where the main characters, while well drawn doesn't exactly look like Hirai's original style? Or is it left as it is?
That's ONE of the changes that I was expecting but was not done... The beginning of Ep 19 still looks like it came out of a totally different anime...

Quote:
I'm talking more on the lines of major characters, who almost always are well animated in the anime, but with some episodes where the slight difference is somewhat clear.
Like I said, Ep 28 reanimated much of the character animation, and someone else said that Ep 34 was too... Other than that, I don't know.
Old 2006-04-19, 10:33   Link #79
PaPe
The chibi mistress

In ep 19 Athrun elbows

about 12:23 and also 13:13
I think this is an animation error and not a nitpick, because it denotes an OOCness. Usually a soldier is used to very formal behaviours and Athrun in particular has grown up in a pretty high-up setting and is well mannered in general, so I really found it strange to see him with his elbows on a table during a formal tea.

Also in the end of the final Plus there are on Lacus left side 3 people who looks exactly the same, has this been corrected?

Since it wasn't answered yet (I haven't found it) I'll ask it again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike Mk.II
Ep23
Time 15:08 - 15:10
In the fansub that used the TV-rip when Kira went Seed Mode they used the Athrun's Green "Seed bursting" animation when Kira went seed mode.
In the fansub that used DVD-rip thats corrected and replaced with the proper purple Seed.
Thank you in advance.
Old 2006-04-19, 10:36   Link #80
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPe
I think this is an animation error and not a nitpick, because it denotes an OOCness. Usually a soldier is used to very formal behaviours and Athrun in particular has grown up in a pretty high-up setting and is well mannered in general, so I really found it strange to see him with his elbows on a table during a formal tea.
Its not an animation error because his arm positions are consistent the whole way through. Dullindal also has his arms on the table as well. I guess its just the way ZAFT is...? (the DVD version's the same)