AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2008-03-15, 01:32   Link #41
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Even for stuff in the morning, actually. At least I remember Eureka 7 had commercials directly tied into the anime - most of the time it was CMs for the OP/ED, the game or some manga, although I think they also had ads for PSP which would be relevant to the interests of watchers. And that aired at 7am or something on a Sunday IIRC.
The ads for Pretty Cure (airs 8:30 in tokyo, anyway) consist currently of

After opening:
1. a pretty cure plastic drawing table playset
2. pretty cure portable puzzle
3. Achilles LMX sneakers
4. Pretty Cure gogo dream live (cardass system)
5. pretty cure underclothes "henshin set" (it's like shorts and an undershirt with the anime clothes patterned on them

Middle break:
1. Yamaha children's music classes
2. Cure-mo (the current henshin device for the series)
3. An ad for a "pretty cure hensin picture contest" (take a picture of your kid dressed up in all the merchandise and win... get this... a chance to be in a commerical! for you kid, that is)
4. Joyfull family restarant <- seems normal, except there's a giant cross promotion with pretty cure and the current kamen rider series that airs right before pretty cure. In fact cure dream and her actress are IN THE AD shilling for the restaurant. i don't want to see magical girls selling kids meals, thank you.)

Before ending credits:
1. The cure-mo ad again
2. Ad for the "rose-pact", the overall henshin item collection thingy this season.
3. Tanoshii youchien (fun kindergarten), a magazine company that publishes a bunch of manga mags that come with toys for the kindergarten crowd. The ad features a ton of crappy pretty cure toys that come with the magazines.

So let's see, the ONLY ad that doesn't have to do with the show is the one for Yamaha music school and the sneaker commercial.

Episode 21 of Gundam 00 ads:

Middle break:
1. Gundam 00 DS game
2. Gundam 00 models
3. Keroro Gunsou movie
4. Keroro ace (gundam themed manga mag)
5. Golden Compass (hollywood movie!)
6. Gyao, featuring golden compass (streaming movie site saying you can watch previews and clips of the movie)
7. Super robot wars DS game
8. Summon Night DS RPG

End break:
1. More gundam model ads
2. Keroro gunsou stamp promotion ad
3. Gundam PS2 game
4. seika study books ad. (actually the same company as did the "tanoshii youchien" ad for pretty cure... it seems out of place here.

So for big prime-time show, we have 3 non-gundam related ads.

And to round things out, lets look at a late night anime, since I have them all on my tv hard disc recorder anyway

Spice and wolf:

after opening:
1. Spice and wolf DVD
2. Shugo Chara DVD
3. True tears DVD
4. Blue man group in Tokyo. (performances sponsered by tvk)

mid break
1. dengeki bunko (the manga magazine that serialized spice and wolf)
2. Spice and Wolf Ds game
3. juice tv+ music tv (sponsered by tvk, again)

end break
1. OST for spice and wolf
2. ad for opening song artist new album
3. ad for anime festival event (sponsered by tvk)
4. animate! (otaku goods store)

so late night anime has basically 2 sponsers, this tvk group and good ole' animate!.
Sam Pinansky

Last edited by Quarkboy; 2008-03-15 at 01:57.
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 02:41   Link #42
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
Actually the transport streams still contain all the commercials.
Transport streams - that's a familiar term. If I'm not misremembering it for something else, those were like fabled dragons back then. We heard about them, but nobody knew where to find them and they were said to be gargantuan in size (1-2 GB for an episode?). Great to use if you could get ahold of one, but difficult to use overall. I never touched one, although I may have seen one in a query result once.
Old 2008-03-15, 02:51   Link #43
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Transport streams - that's a familiar term. If I'm not misremembering it for something else, those were like fabled dragons back then. We heard about them, but nobody knew where to find them and they were said to be gargantuan in size (1-2 GB for an episode?). Great to use if you could get ahold of one, but difficult to use overall. I never touched one, although I may have seen one in a query result once.
They're sitting on my tv's hard drive. Encrypted, though. See my other thread on "decrypting japanese transport streams". Still no luck.

Japanese digital broadcasts have a max bitate of 19 Mb/s, at 1080i in mpeg-2 with aac audio.
BS sattelite channels max out at 24 Mb/s.

So doing the math, yes, that's around 4 GB per episode. They would not, on the other hand, be particularly more difficult to use than DVD sources, as both are just mpegs. Frame accurate cutting might be tricky, plus you'd need to IVTC, but it's nothing a decent encoder couldn't handle, and the quality would be, uh, as best you could possibly get outside of breaking into the animation studio and stealing master tapes (or waiting for a blu-ray release).
Sam Pinansky
Old 2008-03-15, 02:58   Link #44
Ledgem
Love Yourself

There was a Japanese project a long time ago about breaking the encryption on those. It was a distributed computing project - quite fun. The computations were all completed but I suppose that given what you said, the project was unsuccessful.
Old 2008-03-15, 03:33   Link #45
Eeknay
Gendo died for your sins.
*Fansubber

Once you strip out the null PIDs and edit them they're really not that big.

Quote:
File Size Processed: 1.67 GB, Play Time: 00h:24m:38s
1440 x 1080, 29.97 fps, 20.00 Mbps (9.19 Mbps Average).
Average Video Quality: 37.42 KB/Frame, 0.20 Bits/Pixel.
AAC Audio.
I don't think I've seen an ABR higher than 13Mbit/s yet on any terrestrial channel. Satellite is nice though;

Quote:
File Size Processed: 3.61 GB, Play Time: 00h:25m:24s
1920 x 1080, 29.97 fps, 24.00 Mbps (19.48 Mbps Average).
Average Video Quality: 85.05 KB/Frame, 0.34 Bits/Pixel.
AAC Audio.

Last edited by Eeknay; 2008-03-15 at 03:47.
Eeknay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 05:39   Link #46
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
There was a Japanese project a long time ago about breaking the encryption on those. It was a distributed computing project - quite fun. The computations were all completed but I suppose that given what you said, the project was unsuccessful.
I think that was the B-CAS encryption... the one I'm talking about is something proprietary that my Regza Z2000 does itself (probably). I know this because I can still play back the files even if I remove the B-CAS card from my TV. Well, unless it stores the card key along with the video and has a software decoder built into the firmware, which I thought was illegal (you had to have a hardware B-CAS card reader do the decoding)... Well, eitherway, I can't seem to get streams from it and I've basically given up trying too hard to get them.
For $500 or so I could get a Friio if I felt like it, but I don't have that sort of free time anymore.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2008-03-17, 10:54   Link #47
[darkfire]
Give them the What For!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to [darkfire] Send a message via Yahoo to [darkfire]
I have the spice and wolf transport streams and they don't seem to be encrypted (I was able to transcode them). How did that raw capper take out the encryption. (The channel was Tokyo MX)
Old 2008-03-17, 12:46   Link #48
Eeknay
Gendo died for your sins.
*Fansubber

Couple of ways to do it as outlined in the decrypted ts thread.
Eeknay is offline   Reply With Quote