AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-07-28, 04:14   Link #2181
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldAlchemist View Post
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm711857

A piece of news about Lucky Star sacred places.
Thanks for the link! It's actually a not bad... very little anti-otaku crap there about security etc. The head priest was pretty nice, and the neighbor baba find it all funny. It is pretty cool that they even went to Akiba to AND bought that copy of NewType. It's funny how ever single otaku was embarrassed to talk about it... I think they musted look all day to find a few who would talk on camera. There's even an ota cosplaying in the shrine... I hope they stop THAT. Some of the arts are pretty decent. Hey why not... when they visit they have to contribute to the shrine... more money to run the Jinja... why not.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 05:27   Link #2182
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Simon just PMed me about his progress at his own L*S Holy Site Tour, and he's captured most of the Tokyo locations, like the walk back from the concert. Tomorrow his time he'll be heading into Saitama... hopefully no locals will give him the evil eye as he frolic around Washinomiya Shrine with his big back pack and camera.
Nice to hear its all going well --- and i hope its not long until all those wonderful images shall be shared with us all.

I <3 real locations.
Old 2007-07-29, 18:03   Link #2183
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Let's discuss a few points from EP16:

1. What's the link between the movie Ringu and EP16?

2. If you were to pick a LOTR race for each of the girls, what would you have selected? Do you agree Kagami as being in the Orc race?

3. Miyuki and her mom both are unusually found of putting their hand on or near their cheeks. Is it because:

a. They both like how it add to their Moe-Youso (essence),
b. They both like their respective cheeks a lot,
c. Dental disease and dislike of dentists and/or dental hygiene is hereditary, or
d. All of the above.

Please discuss. Feel free to add your own curios.
Old 2007-07-29, 19:02   Link #2184
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
3. Miyuki and her mom both are unusually found of putting their hand on or near their cheeks. Is it because:

c. Dental disease and dislike of dentists and/or dental hygiene is hereditary, or
d. All of the above.
e. Because it's a habit. I also put my hand to my cheek a lot, usually when I'm in *shokku*! Two hands (one per cheek) if I'm embarrassed or blushing, which has been happening a lot lately with all this tsundere-talk...
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 23:18   Link #2185
truehappiness

Quote:
Let's discuss a few points from EP16:

1. What's the link between the movie Ringu and EP16?

2. If you were to pick a LOTR race for each of the girls, what would you have selected? Do you agree Kagami as being in the Orc race?

d. All of the above.

Please discuss. Feel free to add your own curios.
Supposedly, someone mentioned earlier that Ringu had something to do with the "ringutone" that Konata got to put on her phone. [lol, she took it out of her room finally?]

Hm... LOTR.. since I haven't read the books/seen any of the movies, I probably would've thought of any of the following series:
Quote:
Dungeons & Dragons
Warhammer
Warcraft
Final Fantasy XI
The Elder Scrolls series
Lineage II
Hârn
Earthdawn and Shadowrun
Sovereign Stone Series
The Killing Spirit
The Three Towns
Utopia
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
Orkworld
Magic: The Gathering
Disciples
Siege of Avalon
Fallout
Palladium Fantasy
Flintloque
Ragnarok Online
Seeing as how Konata plays that game online so often, I'm sure that she was probably talking about one of the ones I bolded. XD Then again, are we ever given any hints at ALL about what she's playing?

And the cheek thing.. seems like it is to make herself seem more moe. Most idols seem to do it during photoshoots and stuff. Perhaps it's just a reflex she's developed over the years after looking up endless facts with her elbow on her desk with her hand on her cheek?

UNSPEAKABLE
truehappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 17:26   Link #2186
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
e. Because it's a habit. I also put my hand to my cheek a lot, usually when I'm in *shokku*! Two hands (one per cheek) if I'm embarrassed or blushing, which has been happening a lot lately with all this tsundere-talk...
Mark of a True Tsundere... They seemed to do it WHENEVER possible though

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Supposedly, someone mentioned earlier that Ringu had something to do with the "ringutone" that Konata got to put on her phone. [lol, she took it out of her room finally?]
Hmm... probably not since it's not called ringtone in Japanese. Ringu to a Japanese means a ring. Oh Lord of the RING? Man that is obscure.

Quote:
Hm... LOTR.. since I haven't read the books/seen any of the movies, I probably would've thought of any of the following series:
Kona knows... but the other girls would only know about LOTR... Every woman and girl in Japan knows Orlando Bloom.

Quote:
And the cheek thing.. seems like it is to make herself seem more moe. Most idols seem to do it during photoshoots and stuff. Perhaps it's just a reflex she's developed over the years after looking up endless facts with her elbow on her desk with her hand on her cheek?
It is a typical Japanese female habit to point to your own cheek when thinking (it is extraordinarily cute and I wish more girls would do it) so I thought it maybe related, but she's touching them like, every single scene it seemed. They are the "Natural-Kei" moe types... they don't know they are moe but they just ARE.

Japanese girls do all sorts of cute gestures which L*S has depicted... like how Tsukasa puts both of her hands in front of her with palm facing inside. That is a what a young child would do and again, super cute!
Old 2007-08-01, 18:04   Link #2187
Xiaolang

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldAlchemist View Post
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm711857

A piece of news about Lucky Star sacred places.
I know it's about 4 days old but...

/me face palms.

Old Lady: fushigi desu ne...

/me face palms harder.
Xiaolang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 18:08   Link #2188
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaolang View Post
I know it's about 4 days old but...

/me face palms.

Old Lady: fushigi desu ne...

/me face palms harder.
Why? You've been to the Tour? You've carried your big backpack into Washinomiya Jinja?

Simon is back from his own Holy Site Tours and he'll be posting his pictures soon! Boy oh boy I hope he took some good ones... maybe that same baba on TV to.

Man, to be young and capable-of-having-family-free-vacations....
Old 2007-08-01, 18:41   Link #2189
Xiaolang

Quote:
Why? You've been to the Tour? You've carried your big backpack into Washinomiya Jinja?

Simon is back from his own Holy Site Tours and he'll be posting his pictures soon! Boy oh boy I hope he took some good ones... maybe that same baba on TV to.

Man, to be young and capable-of-having-family-free-vacations....
No, well not the Lucky Star tour specifically; I will be going to Japan in '09. As for the big backpack, hell no. Although I will admit, if I was going to Japan when I was still in college, I'd buy hella anime-related junk and probably would be carrying a backpack.

But in '09, I plan on traveling light, except for the briefcase of course. I plan on buying mostly fashion and Amerikaji clothes and maybe one or two Haruhi-related trinkets, if it's still popular by that time. That's about it.

Last edited by Xiaolang; 2007-08-01 at 18:57.
Xiaolang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 18:13   Link #2190
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Man this tread needs more life!

I was thinking about EP19's strange LC... Shiraishi was busy TEXTING someone, even at the irk of the mighty Akira-sama. Who could he be texting? Must be a gal... no way he's texting his parents. So the question is.. WHO.

Then we have the pretty good ED: Shiraishi singing "Kaorin's Theme". Kaorin is of course seiyuu for TSUKASA. The whole thing is like a love song from Shiraishi to Kaorin; maybe he wants to date her in real life (don't blame him, she's pretty darn cute). But it does gives me some clue... if I'm L*S writer and I see all this Minoru (seiyuu) x Kaorin action going on, what would I do with L*S? Hmmm...

Who likes texting the most in L*S? Who text so much that she got a scolded for high phone bill? Gosh... maybe we have it ALL WRONG. We all thought Shiraishi was eyeing Kagami during Valentine's Day... but think about it.... maybe, just maybe, the final, ultimate secret for L*S is...

Spoiler for Can it BE?:

Come on now, think about it... This is a better pairing. Any more evidence to suggest this?
Old 2007-08-07, 19:25   Link #2191
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
We all thought Shiraishi was eyeing Kagami during Valentine's Day... but think about it.... maybe, just maybe, the final, ultimate secret for L*S is...

Spoiler for Can it BE?:

Come on now, think about it... This is a better pairing. Any more evidence to suggest this?
That one of Tsukasa's hopes for the future was to be a bride?

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 23:49   Link #2192
Panzer Bandit
Serfectly Pober

Quote:
Man this tread needs more life!

I was thinking about EP19's strange LC... Shiraishi was busy TEXTING someone, even at the irk of the mighty Akira-sama. Who could he be texting? Must be a gal... no way he's texting his parents. So the question is.. WHO.

Then we have the pretty good ED: Shiraishi singing "Kaorin's Theme". Kaorin is of course seiyuu for TSUKASA. The whole thing is like a love song from Shiraishi to Kaorin; maybe he wants to date her in real life (don't blame him, she's pretty darn cute). But it does gives me some clue... if I'm L*S writer and I see all this Minoru (seiyuu) x Kaorin action going on, what would I do with L*S? Hmmm...

Who likes texting the most in L*S? Who text so much that she got a scolded for high phone bill? Gosh... maybe we have it ALL WRONG. We all thought Shiraishi was eyeing Kagami during Valentine's Day... but think about it.... maybe, just maybe, the final, ultimate secret for L*S is...

Spoiler for Can it BE?:

I'm willing to bet he was texting a Hiiragi. Which one, though, is up in the air.

My gut is still telling me Kagami, although this episode makes me go "hmmmm...".

EDIT: I just remembered something in episode 15, right where they're coming out of the concert. Here's the conversation (based on a.f.k.'s subs).

Tsukasa: "The first person who came out was so cool."

Kagami: "Eh? That guy?"

Tsukasa: "Eh? No?"

Kagami: "People actually go for that, huh?"

By "that guy", I'm assuming it's Shiraishi, since he's the emcee for their concerts, right? If that's the case, then the Tsukasa x Shiraishi argument just got a boost.

Last edited by Panzer Bandit; 2007-08-08 at 00:10.
Panzer Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 13:51   Link #2193
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer Bandit View Post
EDIT: I just remembered something in episode 15, right where they're coming out of the concert. Here's the conversation (based on a.f.k.'s subs).

Tsukasa: "The first person who came out was so cool."

Kagami: "Eh? That guy?"

Tsukasa: "Eh? No?"

Kagami: "People actually go for that, huh?"

By "that guy", I'm assuming it's Shiraishi, since he's the emcee for their concerts, right? If that's the case, then the Tsukasa x Shiraishi argument just got a boost.
Dude, that's an EXCELLENT find. Yes he is the MC at the concert..... Wow, this is really getting interesting. Hints of romance everywhere.... And why does Shiraishi gets all the girls? The other more famous seiyuus don't get sing not one, not two, but at least 5 EDs in an anime, two of them your own creation! He gets his own animated character! He gets to STAR in his own MV! He gets to flirt with all the girls! He gets the girl both IN AND OUT of anime!? And dont' tell me Akira-sama don't have a secret crush on Shiraishi or Hiromi-chan isn't looking out for some young meat... I mean right now, who is in the male seiyuu world is hotter than Mr. White Rock? And he has never had a decent role! Man, anime popularity sure is funky...
Old 2007-08-08, 14:02   Link #2194
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Minoru really has his own harem going there with the VAs of all the girls.... o the possibilities... muhahahaha.

The whole thing is really pretty funny in its own way.
Old 2007-08-08, 14:03   Link #2195
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

OMG!!! Shiraishi behind that drag...I didn't know you where a real man. *wink*
(old style trying to get the girls, by being one)

He's immortalized in L*S. Probably one of my favorite male characters now due to the REAL Shiraishi Minoru
Old 2007-08-08, 18:16   Link #2196
Panzer Bandit
Serfectly Pober

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Minoru really has his own harem going there with the VAs of all the girls.... o the possibilities... muhahahaha.

The whole thing is really pretty funny in its own way.
I must say, I'm EXTREMELY envious of Shiraishi now...I'd be in heaven being surrounded by all the pretty ladies.

He seems like a genuinely affable guy, so kudos to him for his newfound popularity (professionally and romantically).
Panzer Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 22:10   Link #2197
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

I was thinking about the lowly origin of Lucky Star, how they were a little 4-koma manga mascot for a game mag... and how Animate Tencho is the anime mascot for Animate stores.. and it just dawned on me...

Lucky Star is the first anime in the world with a HUMAN mascot.

My gosh, we are witnessing history in the making here.
Old 2007-08-08, 23:21   Link #2198
Dark Morford
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Dark Morford Send a message via AIM to Dark Morford Send a message via MSN to Dark Morford
There's rumor going around that Lucky Star has been licensed, but I can't seem to find any source for it at all, let alone one specifying which company may have the US license. Has anyone come across something concrete about this?
Dark Morford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 00:48   Link #2199
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Heh.... (hi...) check the discussion in ep 18.

So far the only data at all is an assertion by the afk irc channel mod in a post (bayoab in the ep 18 thread) and the title of the irc channel itself.

The only verifiable data is that a.f.k. seems to have dropped it. And unless we get a news release or something more verifiable - its still unlicensed.
For now we do have the G. folks and I hope the EnA group starts up again after summer break.

Otherwise, I'll just save my pennies for the eventual licensing.
Old 2007-08-09, 01:26   Link #2200
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
lol... I just read the same explanation three times in a row in three different threads. I've been reading it throughout the day as well....

I suppose the question about a.f.k. should've originally been asked in the generic thread (this one) and stayed here instead of moving to the other threads.

Last edited by Risaa; 2007-08-09 at 01:28. Reason: One fish Two fish Red fish Blue fish.....
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen