AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-14, 21:02   Link #1
silverwolf
1 shot 1 kill

sumthing like Kanon or Clannad

Ok well iv see Kanon and started to watch Clannad and i was wondering if theirs sumthing like them

Theirs 2 thing i want in this ... that it starts in winter,i think the snow makes a great setting for a romance and the other thing is, I dont know if u all have felt it but in both Kanon and Clannad its set in like a "mood" like kinda "magical"and like a deep mystery setting well dont know if I make sense but thats the mood a got from watching Kanon anyway

thx for reading !

A man needs sum thing to satisfied his soul...booze...no not booze ,Love no mater how old he gets,man lives his life in love with love regardless of what reality has to say on the matter.
Old 2007-10-14, 21:07   Link #2
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Chobits (not magical, but love story between a robot and a human, its pretty close)
Ah! My Goddess Season 1 (Goddess = magic, and romance)
Shuffle! (Daughters of God and Devil + Harem)
Old 2007-10-14, 21:08   Link #3
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

"Air" would be the most obvious choice as it's the first (animated, at least) in the 'seasons' series that Kanon and Clannad also belong to. Personally I think Kanon (06) was much better, and Clannad is shaping up to be as good. But Air is still widely praised.

For stuff not by KEY/KyoAni... hmm.

Can't think of any winter themed stuff. Plenty of series with winter scenarios over a couple eps, but nothing focused in winter like Kanon comes to mind.

Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai might be comparable for the romance and mysterious sort of magical mood. Probably others I'm forgetting, but I think the KyoAni/KEY 'seasons' series stand in a league of their own.
Old 2007-10-14, 21:26   Link #4
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Da Capo maybe? Especially the first season which takes place in a sort of eternal spring with blossoms everyday even as the seasons do change, and it has magical elements as well.
Old 2007-10-15, 03:45   Link #5
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

The overall 'mood' of Kanon would be quite hard to match ... at least i can not think of any immediate examples. If you are looking for Romance/Drama with a little bit of fantasy, i am going to suggest Gift ~Eternal Rainbow~.

Seconding Air (and adding Air the Movie), which are the 'obvious' recommendation.
For something of the sort you could try Canvas 2 i suppose (which ranks quite highly on my list... topping both Air and Kanon for that matter). Romance/drama, but no fantasy here though.
Old 2007-10-15, 13:33   Link #6
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Maybe The Place Promised In Our Early Days and 5 Centimeters per Second?
Old 2007-10-15, 14:25   Link #7
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Haha i forgot AIR....i'm cut

then again, AIR animation wasnt nearly as good as the game
Old 2007-10-15, 22:29   Link #8
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

I'm not really sure what you are trying to go for, but if it is just plain romance and a bit of funny scenes (like Kanon) then I would say Lamune is a pretty good one (i mean, i enjoyed Kanon 06 and Clannad and also this, so it probably fits )
Old 2007-10-18, 07:52   Link #9
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

Lamune has nothing to do with kanon. Bunch of frigid little farm kids living the easy going life and suddenly one has to get sick or fall into a coma

I would say air, though it is less funny and more incromphensible and five cm/s are the closest match as already mentioned.

Da capo sucks in comparison with kanon.