AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-11-13, 19:26   Link #21121
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Silencian, I'd suggest you at least skim through this massive topic, if you want to avoid reiterations of discussions that have been discussed to death.
I believe we already have recomended this. I even have made a big post trying to summarize everything important and recommending what to read. (don't know if he followed, however).

Anyway welcome back.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 21:43   Link #21122
Jintor

Quote:
Haruki and Kyonko cuddled up in a blanket, I think he's referring to.

And no, I, at least, don't think that anything romantic/sexual would happen between the two of them. Shutting them in a log cabin in winter would not make much difference in their relationship.

Maybe after a couple weeks without rescue, but...
"What do you think we can do to keep warm, eh, Kyo- ARRGH, that was my NOSE, you crazy little-"
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 21:51   Link #21123
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
And now I'm kinda wanting to try writing that. Thanks. You'll never get around to it...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 22:03   Link #21124
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
"What do you think we can do to keep warm, eh, Kyo- ARRGH, that was my NOSE, you crazy little-"
This is why their relationship can never advance unless both of them are either drunk or isolated on a desert island for a month. Or both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
And now I'm kinda wanting to try writing that. Thanks. You'll never get around to it...
Despite what popular culture may tell you, medical science has proven that using colored text does not automatically make you cool.

Anyway, lookie here!

Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5: Phone Call- The Glorious Weekend:

Andohbytheway, can anyone research something for me?

I want to know if Japan has a last call return system (i.e. *69) and if they do, what number it is. Thanks.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2009-11-14 at 04:40.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 22:30   Link #21125
GDB

Quote:
I want to know if Japan has a last call return system (i.e. *69) and if they do, what number it is. Thanks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last-call_return

From just quick perusal, it seems to be relatively exclusive to America (US and Canada), with a few exceptions (UK, France, Israel, Australia). Perhaps someone else can find otherwise, though.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 23:05   Link #21126
Heatth

Hey, nice scene Kaisos. I found that one particularly funny.

Quote:
…Nor do I want to spend too much time getting my ear talked at until it falls off, so I probably shouldn’t call Koizumi. Of course, I doubt I’d get any information at all if I called Nagato… or my ear would fall off from that, too. It seems to depend of the severity of the situation.
This don't seen right to me. The problem with Nagato is she gives too much information when starts talking, and it is hard to understand. Even if she stays quiet like in tha scene, Kyon usually just need to ask. It is more like too "information too hard to understand" then "no information at all".

Quote:
Of course, I could also call Haruhi… if I was a masochist, which, by the way, I am not.
Awesome line, really.

Quote:
Sweetest Voice- No Go

(...)
Cute funny little scene. It really sound like Mikuru and Haruhi. Btw, this is the most useless of all phone call. It really fits Mikuru.

Just to be sure every time there is a "<3" it is suppose to be a heart on screen right?

Quote:
Silent Voice- No Trust

Kyon: Hey, Nagato?

Breathing.
I believe at last here she would answer. I know she have done something similar before, but it was in Banboo Leaf right? She haven't met Kyon yet by there. I not sure if Kyon have talked with her by phone in another ocasion and she had replied, tough.

Quote:
Yuki: They came from another world. I was trying to protect you. Please do not misunderstand.
Hmmm, that line felt strange. I don't believe she would be so blunt to ask it. Anyone else agree? Kogetsu?

Btw, that line is interesting. You can get Mikuru's route (and the Bad Ends) even after hearing that right? I wonder if you are going to change the plot a little to fit that.

Quote:
The Masquerade/No Answers

Koizumi probably knows more about what’s going on than anyone… and he’s also the most likely to tell me.

The obvious choice, provided I don’t like my ears.

Koizumi’s cell rang twice before he picked up.

Itsuki: Hello?

Kyon: Hey, it’s me.

Itsuki: I know, I do read the call display. It’s rare to hear from you, what seems to be the trouble?

Kyon: Well, I just wanted to ask you about—

Itsuki: Say no more, I know just what’s wrong. …You’re lonely, aren’t you?

Kyon: Wh—?

Itsuki: You’re lonely, so you called up me so we could talk about our feelings. I understand, I understand. Go on, tell me all about it. You can trust me, after all.

Kyon: …You….

Itsuki: Hahahaha, I was just joking. By the way, it is very amusing trying to imagine the look on your face right now.
I wonder if you exagerate a bit here. It is still really funny, anyway.

Quote:
Itsuki: I don’t know why she’s hiding her name, but there’s, ah, no cause for alarm with her, either. She’s my cousin, and yes, she is a transfer student.

Kyon: …Your cousin?

Itsuki: Yes, my cousin, Itsuko Koizumi. Don’t we look related?

Now that he mentions it, I did get an impression like that…

Kyon: And, of course, she’s also…

Itsuki: One of us, yes.
Similar to Nagato's conversation, I wonder how this will effect Nagato's and Mikuru's Route. Well, it is not as big as Nagato's revelation. But shouldn't Kyon mention that having two cousins of the same age and so similar names is a bit weird? This actually happen in my family, and people comment on spot.

Also, I really like your Itsuki here. He seens pretty evil-ish

Quote:
Indignant Voice- No Love

(...)
The funnyest by far. From the begining to the end You really write a good tsundere!Haruhi.

Btw, Kyon could have said he just mistook the number. I guess he just haven't tought on it.

Quote:
Andohbytheway, can anyone research something for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last-call_return

From just quick perusal, it seems to be relatively exclusive to America (US and Canada), with a few exceptions (UK, France, Israel, Australia). Perhaps someone else can find otherwise, though.
Hmmm, I never heard something like that here in Brazil, so I guess GDB might be right. But aren't they all using cell phones? Then wouldn't the number be stored anyway?
Old 2009-11-13, 23:28   Link #21127
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Despite what popular culture may tell you, medical science has proven that using colored text does not automatically make you cool.
I have no idea what you're talking about. Just having a little fun is all...

At any rate, I loved the Koizumi conversation(s), and the thought of Kyon accidentally calling Haruhi when he tries to get ahold of someone about something mysterious is always funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
This don't seen right to me. The problem with Nagato is she gives too much information when starts talking, and it is hard to understand. Even if she stays quiet like in tha scene, Kyon usually just need to ask. It is more like too "information too hard to understand" then "no information at all".
She either says very little or says more than he can handle. I think that's what Kaisos was trying to get at.

Quote:
Hmmm, that line felt strange. I don't believe she would be so blunt to ask it. Anyone else agree? Kogetsu?
I really don't know. Something about the line seems off, but it isn't the part you highlighted... maybe I'm just thinking too much...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-11-13, 23:40   Link #21128
Heatth

Quote:
At any rate, I loved the Koizumi conversation(s), and the thought of Kyon accidentally calling Haruhi when he tries to get ahold of someone about something mysterious is always funny.
"Accidentally"?

Quote:
She either says very little or says more than he can handle. I think that's what Kaisos was trying to get at.
Yeah, I understand that. Still, "don't get any information at all" sounds wrong. She does give a lot of information. Many times. "Hardly would get any information" would be more appropriate then.

Quote:
I really don't know. Something about the line seems off, but it isn't the part you highlighted... maybe I'm just thinking too much...
Which part is then?

Quote:
I haven't notice before, but how cold of you.
Old 2009-11-14, 00:29   Link #21129
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Nice write-up, Kaisos! The only thing I can comment about is wouldn't Kyon make more of a scene when Itsuki said that Itsuko was his cousin?

As Heatth suggests, I would think that Kyon would be more skeptical of Itsuki's pronouncement and perhaps say something along the line of "how convenient" or something like that.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 00:38   Link #21130
Jintor

I was actually wondering if Nagato was nodding over the phone. :3
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 00:42   Link #21131
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Knowing Nagato like we do, I'm thinking that that would be a "yes."
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 00:43   Link #21132
Heatth

Quote:
Oh, that would explain a lot.
Old 2009-11-14, 00:47   Link #21133
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Hey now, I think she'd have the basic knowledge of how a phone conversation works by this point.
Old 2009-11-14, 00:52   Link #21134
Heatth

Quote:
Hey now, I think she'd have the basic knowledge of how a phone conversation works by this point.
True. But giving that line, "I wonder if Nagato nis noding over the phone", to Kyon would be hilarious.

PP:
Btw, you haven't answered my previous question have you? What part of
Quote:
Yuki: They came from another world. I was trying to protect you. Please do not misunderstand.
you find off?
Old 2009-11-14, 00:56   Link #21135
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

I'm not sure, which is why I didn't answer.
Old 2009-11-14, 02:36   Link #21136
vivify93

Send a message via MSN to vivify93
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisos
Itsuki: …There’s no point in pretending I don’t know who you are referring to…Tell me, what did she say her name was?

He must be talking about the model-like girl I met, then.

Kyon: …Kitsuko Yamada.

Itsuki: …Excuse me a moment.

Muffled noises that sounded suspiciously like giggling echoed from my cell.

Itsuki: Sorry, had to deal with some business.

Kyon: …Right. Sure.

Itsuki: I don’t know why she’s hiding her name, but there’s, ah, no cause for alarm with her, either. She’s my cousin, and yes, she is a transfer student.

Kyon: …Your cousin?

Itsuki: Yes, my cousin, Itsuko Koizumi. Don’t we look related?
Hmm. Itsuki knows more than he's letting on. As usual.

Not much else to say from me.
Old 2009-11-14, 04:52   Link #21137
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Thanks, everyone.

Quote:
Fixed.

Quote:
Awesome line, really.
Kyon pretty much auto-denies any paraphilia aside from the ponytails thing, so I felt obliged to put that in.

Quote:
Just to be sure every time there is a "<3" it is suppose to be a heart on screen right?
Yup.

Quote:
I believe at last here she would answer. I know she have done something similar before, but it was in Banboo Leaf right? She haven't met Kyon yet by there. I not sure if Kyon have talked with her by phone in another ocasion and she had replied, tough.
I think some people need to read Vol. 7 again. >_>

But then I may be misremembering.

Quote:
Fixed, sorta.

Quote:
Btw, that line is interesting. You can get Mikuru's route (and the Bad Ends) even after hearing that right? I wonder if you are going to change the plot a little to fit that.
It won't matter after Day 6.

Quote:
I wonder if you exagerate a bit here. It is still really funny, anyway.
Not really. Itsuki's come-ons have always been rather strong, particularly in LOVER.

Quote:
Similar to Nagato's conversation, I wonder how this will effect Nagato's and Mikuru's Route. Well, it is not as big as Nagato's revelation. But shouldn't Kyon mention that having two cousins of the same age and so similar names is a bit weird? This actually happen in my family, and people comment on spot.
Fixed, sorta.

Quote:
The funnyest by far. From the begining to the end You really write a good tsundere!Haruhi.
She's actually harder to write than anyone else but Nagato.

Quote:
Btw, Kyon could have said he just mistook the number. I guess he just haven't tought on it.
Telling Haruhi that might be a bad idea, actually. She'd probably get offended in some way, and then there would be punishment on Monday.

Placating her is always the best idea.

It's like having a time bomb duct-taped to your hands, except that instead of being timed, it explodes whenever you so much as look at another time bomb in a sexual manner, whenever you deflate its ego, or whenever you don't listen to its inane commands.

I think the analogy fell apart somewhere in there, but I'm too lazy to check.

Quote:
Yup.

Quote:
Yeah, I understand that. Still, "don't get any information at all" sounds wrong. She does give a lot of information. Many times. "Hardly would get any information" would be more appropriate then.
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
As Heatth suggests, I would think that Kyon would be more skeptical of Itsuki's pronouncement and perhaps say something along the line of "how convenient" or something like that.
Fixed.

Quote:
She was.

Quote:
Someone ELSE needs to read Vol. 7 again. >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivify93 View Post
Hmm. Itsuki knows more than he's letting on.
Itsuko went straight to his apartment after ending up on the other side at the end of Day 3. Of course he knows more than he's letting on.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 05:05   Link #21138
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencian View Post
Please elaborate. My mind's gone blank.
Quote:
Basically, (Insert characters here) get trapped in a cabin with only one blanket and no choice but to share it. The stories it spawns span everything; romance, perversion, comedy, and even some action/adventure when the two characters ended up fighting over the blanket.
I copied this from someone else, hence the quote tags.

And now I'll get right on with I'm done reading the rest.

Last edited by Joe4evr; 2009-11-14 at 05:20.
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 05:37   Link #21139
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Someone ELSE needs to read Vol. 7 again. >_>
Not once is it even so much as implied in Volume 7 that Nagato was nodding in response during that phone call. Not. Once.
Old 2009-11-14, 06:13   Link #21140
Silencian
Spontaneous Idea Producer

Send a message via MSN to Silencian
I don't have the patience to read over 1000 pages to avoid repeating a topic. Despite having the time, I don't have the patience. So, I'm not likely to do that.
Silencian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan