AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 11
10: Amazing... 6 14.63%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 3 7.32%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 7 17.07%
7 out of 10: Good... 10 24.39%
6 out of 10: Average... 7 17.07%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 1 2.44%
4 out of 10: Poor... 3 7.32%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 2 4.88%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 2 4.88%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-12-18, 20:57   Link #61
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Also I count that the AGE system has been used 4 times by now, which seems like a pretty reasonable balance to me, but of course you know that if it were to have been used every episode or something it would result in a shitstorm as well. Just another example of damned if you do damned if you don't when it comes to Gundam.
Personally I think it makes sense the AGE System would work for just the AGE and not something like a Genoace. For one, there's the issue of sheer raw materials available. I was given the impression it took a ridiculously long time just to make the parts for the Titus and Spallow, and making a MS wholesale like that can't be easy on the available materials.

Then there's the fact that anything they try making for the Genoace would create a demand all of them be equipped similarly, putting even more strain on it. Granted, they do seem to have broken off from the Federation by now, and there's only one Genoace onboard as far as I know, but I would rather see the AGE System used for the MS it was built for.
Old 2011-12-18, 21:21   Link #62
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Oh wow, look at all the death flags this episode showcased. As much as I like Yurin, things aren't looking good for her chances.
Old 2011-12-18, 21:29   Link #63
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Oh boy, here we go. First people complain about how they don't want to see the AGE Builder being used to solve every problem, and now someone is complaining it's not being used enough?
It's just one Genoace, it's not like they're being asked to retrofit the entire Genoace corps.

It didn't take long for the AGE system to build a rifle for the Gundam to use against the UE. How much longer would it take to build one compatible with the Genoace since Wolf's custom unit had no issues using it?

Quote:
Then there's the fact that anything they try making for the Genoace would create a demand all of them be equipped similarly, putting even more strain on it. Granted, they do seem to have broken off from the Federation by now, and there's only one Genoace onboard as far as I know, but I would rather see the AGE System used for the MS it was built for.
If it was simply restricted to just the Gundam only and not even for the DIVA then that'd be defeating the purpose of upgrading the Federation's arsenal in the war against the UE. The Gundam alone cannot simply fight against the UE alone. No one is asking for the AGE system to retrofit entire armies. They are pointing out why can it not build a new equipment for the 1 genoace they have at the moment to make it as useful as the G-exe and the Gundam? In fact why can't Mardona make a rifle for Largan's Genoace?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 21:37   Link #64
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Personally I think it makes sense the AGE System would work for just the AGE and not something like a Genoace. For one, there's the issue of sheer raw materials available. I was given the impression it took a ridiculously long time just to make the parts for the Titus and Spallow, and making a MS wholesale like that can't be easy on the available materials.

While they haven't really gone into much detail about what the AGE systems limits are besides raw materials and data being a requirement I somehow can't see it supplying an entire division of Genoaces either, but it wouldn't surprise me if Largan's got at least something from the AGE system for the coming battle at Ambat. Also indeed they've completely broken off from the Federation at this point so sharing tech with them seems pretty off the table as well.

Speaking of Ambat, sure hope they're saving all the good animation and combat choreagraphy for that battle and we get less speed lines cause there's really no reason why it shouldn't end up being the highlight of Flit's saga.

Last edited by james0246; 2011-12-19 at 11:11. Reason: off-topic: please do not dicuss the nature of posting in thread.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 21:53   Link #65
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I think a lot of people keep forgetting that this isn't the typical 1-protagonist-50-episode series. The Gundam's advancements very likely will get adapted to the other units--but not in this generation, where they don't have the time or the resources or the support to do so. As for upgrading the Genoace arsenal, keep in mind they don't have just one Genoace they can upgrade--they have a whole bunch of Zalam and Euba mobile suits they'd have to upgrade as well.

Furthermore, you are all forgetting that the AGE Builder is part of a three part construct--the Gundam AGE, the AGE System, and the AGE Builder. And the AGE System was designed for the Gundam AGE-1. To get the AGE Builder to make equipment suitable for the Genoace or the G-Exes or whatever other mobile suit, they'd have to make an AGE-System for those mobile suits. And then they'd have to get the information and learning through battle experience necessary for the AGE System to figure out what the AGE Builder needs to do.

Simply put, the AGE Builder cannot do what you want it to do. It is not something where you punch in some custom specs and hope it builds what you want or need. So stop acting like it is.

On an unrelated note to the previous statements, how many of you plan on dropping the series if Yurin gets killed?
Old 2011-12-18, 22:12   Link #66
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
On an unrelated note to the previous statements, how many of you plan on dropping the series if Yurin gets killed?
Not me (Though it would be a shame, since I do think I'd prefer Flit x Yurin to Flit x Emily and would like to see Yurin make it to the second and third generations). I can't imagine ever ragequitting an anime over anything, honestly; the only time I've ever stopped watching a series is whenever I get bored enough with it that I just don't care about watching it anymore.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 22:37   Link #67
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Its nice to see Yurin again
Old 2011-12-18, 23:09   Link #68
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

4 out of 10: Poor...
Kaioshin Sama, wingdarkness

I almost burned myself with the tip of my cigar when I read that...Don't know what's more amazing, you claiming to have randomly clicked a score, or that you newtype'd me knowing after seeing this episode that I'd have to give it a 4...It's like telekinesis the way you read my mind...Which was your intent? [Gonna take a # on your post worth of copouts as not to interject on intended persons' comeback]

Before I begin, what would be the most acceptable nickname for me to give hair-rollers dude without using blatant whatevers:

Cap'n Crutch or...Naaaah, let's go with Cap"n Crutch...

So Flit and company meet Sir Quaker Oats and find out he's the adopted father of Tifa Adil Yurin...She flirts her child on child stuff and wins the heart of Flit in the speed of a 2 minute montage...

Speaking of montages, this was the point the episode fell from a bad show I might be being too critical of, to the bottom literally falling out...Man there's some cheap stuff in this show, but that takes the cake...That might be the first montage I've ever seen where ain't $hit leading up to the montage made it seem a montage was even necessary ...Does this plot feel any less rushed after the montage? Heh... *Takes a bite out of my redwrapper 5th Avenue Bar*

I get it, at this point I'd have to give up my stance and play the alt-side to passive laffter...There ain't much left to defend...

The only saving grace for this particular episode is the fact the animation seemed by far the best in the series...The small skirmish at the end of the ep was visually appealing as was whoever the hell is in charge of drawing trees and tree-shadows (they should be put in-charge of the animation department for this show)...The fluidity and movements of the characters was best by a mile...

Look, all those who enjoy this show because they are just enjoying a new Gundam show, or enjoying the cutesy shipping elements, or enjoying a more laid back, no frills approach to Gundam...I'm cool with yall...I'm otherside-of-the-pillow with yall (If that's what you represent), but anyone who wants to talk up this show on plot, characterizations, and overall functionality of writing, we go have some prollems...Not problems, prollems'...

Next ep they're hooking Bender Rodriguez up to the Diva and seeing what it BUILDS, let's hope it's something with so much luminous superficial light it blinds me to the darkness of what this story has to offer...
Old 2011-12-18, 23:11   Link #69
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
I think a lot of people keep forgetting that this isn't the typical 1-protagonist-50-episode series. The Gundam's advancements very likely will get adapted to the other units--but not in this generation, where they don't have the time or the resources or the support to do so. As for upgrading the Genoace arsenal, keep in mind they don't have just one Genoace they can upgrade--they have a whole bunch of Zalam and Euba mobile suits they'd have to upgrade as well.
Except no one is saying that the whole coalition force is to be upgraded. They're asking why can't the Genoace just get a new rifle so it can do some damage? The grandpa obviously had time to retrofit the Genoace to have heavier armour. The AGE system cannot be a black box, I don't see why he can't take data from the Rifle and recalibrate the Genoace rifle to give it some punch.

Quote:
Simply put, the AGE Builder cannot do what you want it to do. It is not something where you punch in some custom specs and hope it builds what you want or need. So stop acting like it is.
Apparently you haven't watched this episode at all. Perhaps you should watch it before commenting on this but since I'm in a nice mood.

"That Grodeck guy wants to use the Age system to augment the Diva"
"Is it possible?"
"Well it was built just for the AGE gundam..."
"Crazy"
"Hey look, it worked! A new combat configuration for DIVA"

If it can be reconfigured to build new parts for a warship which is completely different from a MS then getting it for a specific suit shouldn't be that big of an issue.

Again no one is saying it should outfit an entire corps, just one or two suits. How hard is it to understand? I was under the impression that the AGE system would simply be the prototype/concept builder in which case the engineers would then take the schematics and apply it to their tech later on, hence producing better Genoaces down the road.

Or is this part of the poor script writing like how Flit is able to get the Gundam wherever he is?

Quote:
Given the fact that this series goes 3 generations I do not see why people should be surprised if we get several deaths along the way.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 23:42   Link #70
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
The AGE system cannot be a black box, I don't see why he can't take data from the Rifle and recalibrate the Genoace rifle to give it some punch.
Because to "recalibrate" it would require building a new one from scratch. The Genoace rifle is nothing like the DOTS in design; trying to make it like the DOTS would require basically smelting it down and rebuilding it from the ground up. Then there's the issue of needing to build a power pack that can support that kind of output.
Old 2011-12-18, 23:54   Link #71
Vena
Carpe Diem

Has anyone considered that the reason why the AGE builder hasn't built anything for the Genoace is because its a piece of junk? (Or, quite possibly, it is Grodek who considers it a piece of junk and doesn't equip it with more than its worth.) There are two things that the system/user has(/ve) to take into account when making weapons on limited resources: will it be used to its maximum potential, can it be used to its maximum potential. The Genoace, as far as I know, doesn't have the specs to do much of anything but soak up bullets for more important suits. The Genoace-Custom could use the rifle but as far as my understanding of that was that: Woolf is an ace, and the custom is far above normal specs.

I'm just wondering but why don't we settle for the easiest answer for now: The Genoace is junk and its frame/design cannot handle the output of the rifle (or simply cannot use it to its fullest and the resources would be better off used elsewhere). Similarly, the rest of the Z/E fleet is made of pieces of junk and paper, and the AGE system/Grodek does not find it suitable to arm them with the limited resources it has at its command.

This doesn't preclude the use of the AGE system on something like the DIVA as it is, not only a contemporary in design, but a top of the line vessel to which making renovations would be more than warranted/advisable and a great use of limited resources. So, I say, let's take this as cost/benefit.
Old 2011-12-19, 00:12   Link #72
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Yurin is a lethal weapon. She killed me several times with hnnng just by me watching.
Old 2011-12-19, 01:44   Link #73
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
oh wait, did the Gundam just went auto-pilot itself instead of Vargas delivering it?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 02:51   Link #74
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
I probably would if the whole entire series focused on Flit. However, they are most likely going to kill Yurin off and move on to Flit's son. If that's really the case, I just pray that his son will have better luck in his love life than his dad......
Old 2011-12-19, 03:02   Link #75
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
oh wait, did the Gundam just went auto-pilot itself instead of Vargas delivering it?
Didn't Flit call for the Gundam through his AGE device, and duly got his order with Vargas sending it out on auto-pilot?
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 09:29   Link #76
abc0716

Pretty much a decent episode, with some actions and development of relationship between Flit and Yurin.

Not really agree about Yurin's death flag speculation. She may be capture by Desil instead for some evil intention, I think.

Final score of this episode-> 6 + 1, with extra point from the insert song.
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 10:06   Link #77
Dark Wing

I'm sorry to the viewers who don't agree but in the entire episode all can see was death flags for the poor girl...
Old 2011-12-19, 11:44   Link #78
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Oh boy, here we go. First people complain about how they don't want to see the AGE Builder being used to solve every problem, and now someone is complaining it's not being used enough?
and then we have people complaining that other people are voicing their opinions regarding a show in a forum used for discussing? atleast people voicing their opinions are contributing to the discussion instead of flat out bitching

Personally, i don't want the AGE Builder to be used to solve every problem the Diva's crew run into, i do want it to be used in a logic way, like for the AGE-1, titus and spallow parts was built because the AGE couldnt keep up with X UE mobile suits.

That's great, thats the way it should be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Gotta complain about something, this is a Gundam show after all.

Also I count that the AGE system has been used 4 times by now, which seems like a pretty reasonable balance to me, but of course you know that if it were to have been used every episode or something it would result in a shitstorm as well. Just another example of damned if you do damned if you don't when it comes to Gundam. Also if it were used to give all the Genoaces weapons that could defeat the UE you can be damn sure you'd have dozens of angry fanboys screaming "HAX!" all over the internet. As Realist Classic says, really can't be helped with this fandom.
Something screaming " HAX " is more Mardonas making a Dods rifle for the G-Exes without any explanation given at all, like episode 10 for example.

Quote:
Errr...Louise Halevy was kind of the Cyber/Newtype of 00 and she didn't die even though she was marked for death pretty close to the final arc. Also there was Soma Peries who got to do what most female newtype pilots on the opposing side can only dream and switch sides to be with her beau. Not calling this a trendsetter, but it's a definite counterexample.
Louise being the oddball, Soma wasnt a crazy cyber newtype, she was a supersoldier though, but what i wrote was meant to be taken in a sarcastic manner, not nitpicking over small details, but, some people do anything to have a chance to complain

Quote:

Furthermore, you are all forgetting that the AGE Builder is part of a three part construct--the Gundam AGE, the AGE System, and the AGE Builder. And the AGE System was designed for the Gundam AGE-1. To get the AGE Builder to make equipment suitable for the Genoace or the G-Exes or whatever other mobile suit, they'd have to make an AGE-System for those mobile suits. And then they'd have to get the information and learning through battle experience necessary for the AGE System to figure out what the AGE Builder needs to do.

But it is, look at the previous episode and the Diva, why couldnt they use the AGE builder to make one rifle for the Genoace? it has enough combat data from what the AGE-1 has seen.

They don't need to refit the entire army of allies they have, just make one rifle for one out of the three mobile suits they have onboard don't blow things out of porportion just because you don't agree with it.

Seeing how well the G-Exes and the AGE-1 are performing with their Dods rifles alone should motivate the crew into somehow making the Genoace useful, Vargas for example gave it better armor, why couldn't they copy the Dods rifle built for the G-Exes?

Quote:
Because to "recalibrate" it would require building a new one from scratch. The Genoace rifle is nothing like the DOTS in design; trying to make it like the DOTS would require basically smelting it down and rebuilding it from the ground up. Then there's the issue of needing to build a power pack that can support that kind of output.
Yeah, the AGE builder could give them specs for one rifle, or Mardonas could build one rifle fit for the Genoace.

Trying to defend a show you like is normal, but trying to defend one of the most obvious and stupid plotholes like this one is with inuniverse mechanics that have no proof is stupid. Its like trying to justify Mwu surviving at the end of Seed, it was a retcon by the author, nothing more, and this regarding the Genoace is just a obvious plothole or miss with the writers, or they don't care.

Regarding the Genoace lacking power to shoot the Dods rifle:
The Dods rifle made by the AGE builder runs on a internal powersource, as sene in episode 2 or 3, where Flit ran out of ammo shooting with it, can't say the same for the one made for the G-Exes, but seeing how it performs like a reverse-engineered copy i'd assume the same for it.

once again, there is no reason for the one Genoace they have onboard to perform as bad as it is.

I really hope they put the Titus parts on the Genoace for the final battle. maybe the armor upgrade was a sublime hint?

People defending this show like it's a virgin maiden needs to stop, of course people are going to dislike certain parts of it, but acting like it's a flawless piece of art while completely disregarding what's being said in the actual show is sad.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 11:59   Link #79
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Trying to defend a show you like is normal, but trying to defend one of the most obvious and stupid plotholes like this one is with inuniverse mechanics that have no proof is stupid. Its like trying to justify Mwu surviving at the end of Seed, it was a retcon by the author, nothing more, and this regarding the Genoace is just a obvious plothole or miss with the writers, or they don't care.
Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't this episode the first time the idea of using the AGE System on anything but the Gundam was introduced? Assuming I'm not mistaken on that, I wouldn't really call it a plothole to have not used the AGE System on the Genoace when the idea of doing so hadn't yet come up. It's somewhat stupid that they made no effort to make the Genoace worth putting on the battlefield (given their limited fighting force), and perhaps stupid that they hadn't thought to use the AGE System on anything but the Gundam before now, but I wouldn't call that a plothole.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 12:06   Link #80
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't this episode the first time the idea of using the AGE System on anything but the Gundam was introduced? Assuming I'm not mistaken on that, I wouldn't really call it a plothole to have not used the AGE System on the Genoace when the idea of doing so hadn't yet come up. It's somewhat stupid that they made no effort to make the Genoace worth putting on the battlefield (given their limited fighting force), and perhaps stupid that they hadn't thought to use the AGE System on anything but the Gundam before now, but I wouldn't call that a plothole.
Seeing how Vargas spends most of his time next to the AGE Builder and Largan standing next to him i'd call it a plothole, or lack of good writing to why they havnt tried to upgrade the Genoace's capabilities and weaponsystems already, lazy writing/plothole, it doesnt make sense when they have such a great oppertunity.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion