AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-23, 14:27   Link #461
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
In Japanese the pronoun you use can change according to the situation. You can use "ore" with guys but "boku" with girls for example.
Can't say I ever met anyone that uses them interchangeably, you either use one or the other. Then again I grew up with the states, and the only native speakers I've met are my parents, their friends and relatives that has come overseas to visit. So I wouldn't call my experience is extensive.

I still find it odd though.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 14:41   Link #462
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol Andy's hole was filled. Shrade has an awesome element. Yes Fudou back in command! Gepard was kind of cool. Glad Mikono was able to overcome her negative mentality. Mugen Punch destroying Berlin was awesome. Too back Love is Forbidden. From the preview though i doubt that lasts long. The new Touma finally wakes up. Was that Rena at the end?
Old 2012-01-23, 14:49   Link #463
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
a little thought concerning scorpius. I'd say likely Fudo and Reika are both him. Fudo isn't a reincaration but scorpius himself. after the events of 12000 years before the first series, scorpius was killed or maybe overcome with guilt and commited suicide. Maybe his element though kept his consciousness on the earth which is Gen/ Zen who is helping the reincarnations to Apollonius and Celiane to attone for his betrayal. While Reika is more appropriately a proper reincarnation of Scorpius. Kinda like the split that happened to Celiane.
Again parallel universes not everything is the same. Also remember the whole Elements forming Aquarion was explicitly said to have happened before the present era with Deava.

Gen Fudo and Scorpius weren't the only Elements piloting Aquarion during that time.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 17:21   Link #464
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Can't say I ever met anyone that uses them interchangeably, you either use one or the other. Then again I grew up with the states, and the only native speakers I've met are my parents, their friends and relatives that has come overseas to visit. So I wouldn't call my experience is extensive.

I still find it odd though.
It's not that they're interchangeable, it's more like depending on the circumstances and his own mental state. From what I've seen Amata defaults on "ore" but uses "boku" to sound more polite/less assertive (as assertive as he can get, anyway). Like when he randomly wakes up at Neo-Deava with an angry Cayenne snapping at him it's "boku" but as as he gets more comfortable with the situation he's back to "ore." (Was there any other instance where he used "boku"? I can't remember...) It's not particularly odd.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 19:49   Link #465
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Yes, I love this show, for reasons I'm not completely sure about... Glad to see Mikono man up so soon!
Apart from the distinct Ranka-vibes, she actually reminded me more of Reika than anyone else from the original Aquarion.

I like that she just stepped up and did what she was asked to do, leaving her issues behind- quite refreshing as I expected this to take a lot longer.

Also love, love love Zessica, though I guess she's going to be in for a disappointment in the relationship department by the looks of it... but this is Kawamori, so actually who knows?!
The characters are all really likeable, and not as badly over the top as in the original (though that doesn't say much)
Totally hooked on this show >^<
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 19:56   Link #466
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
It's not that they're interchangeable, it's more like depending on the circumstances and his own mental state. From what I've seen Amata defaults on "ore" but uses "boku" to sound more polite/less assertive (as assertive as he can get, anyway). Like when he randomly wakes up at Neo-Deava with an angry Cayenne snapping at him it's "boku" but as as he gets more comfortable with the situation he's back to "ore." (Was there any other instance where he used "boku"? I can't remember...) It's not particularly odd.
I'm pretty sure he used "boku" throughout one of the episodes. And in some cases when he was talking to himself, which wouldn't make sense to be formal with yourself.

I don't know much about formalities when speaking, but I'll take your word for it since I was never taught it. My parents wanted me to be as American as possible so that I'll have an easier time going into society, but that's another story altogether.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 20:58   Link #467
Akarin

"Boys can freely visit girls!"
"BUT LOVE IS FORBIDDEN!"
Oh Gen Zen, You haven't changed one bit.

Another great episode and the preview looks interesting, I'm expecting a MIX-Andy pairing.

Freebies
. . . . . .
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 21:16   Link #468
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
"Boys can freely visit girls!"
"BUT LOVE IS FORBIDDEN!"
Oh Gen Zen, You haven't changed one bit.

Another great episode and the preview looks interesting, I'm expecting a MIX-Andy pairing.

Freebies
OOoh, may I claim this one please?

(and I'm also seeing Mix and Andy being likely...)
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 23:03   Link #469
cyberdemon

wait if Aquarion was used until 9 years ago then why are they so surprised that someone knows the name? Or i wonder if even then it was still considered forbidden then but they used it anyways? so many questions brought up this episode.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 23:15   Link #470
Ypocaramel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
I like that she just stepped up and did what she was asked to do, leaving her issues behind- quite refreshing as I expected this to take a lot longer.
I remember an interview with a WWII squadron commander where he recounted a man in his flight who would freak out before every mission, had to be dragged from his hiding place and etc... But once in his Mustang he was a "fine wingman who definately helped out". Mikono gives that vibe, although it's far cuter with a girl (as see through the lens of current gender roles ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
wait if Aquarion was used until 9 years ago then why are they so surprised that someone knows the name? Or i wonder if even then it was still considered forbidden then but they used it anyways? so many questions brought up this episode.
Likely the later, since the lady commander doesn't have a clue with Aquarion is and the Aquaria movie is older than 9 years? (sorry in rush don't have time for fact checking.)
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 23:43   Link #471
ReddyRedWolf

The Abductors appeared 10 years ago. Likely the female instructor hasn't joined Neo Deava back then yet.

Now Donar seems to have belief nobody can control a power of a god. Likely he and the two girls lost control and an accident happened.

We also don't know when those Guise stones were installed. Probably in the aftermath.

The different between the Original Aquarion ,also known in the OVA as the Mythical Aquarion, and the mass produced Assault Aquarion is that one is a Super Robot while the other is a Real Robot.

Given the Vectors X, Y and Z male and female types are interchangeable I guess Neo Deava tried to emulate both the Mythical and Assault Aquarions in one package.

Just one problem they don't have the Wings of the Sun Apollonius. If I remember right Touma stated Apollonius is both Apollo and Aquarion.

If Apollonius is both Kagura and Amata then yeah I see a problem as this isn't the Original Aquarion.

In the OVA the Mythical Aquarion wasn't found first instead the Assault Aquarions were Deava's mainstay. Only when Silvia and Reika found Apollo did the Aquarion Vectors move. In the TV series Gen Fudou "found" the Aquarion. (He knows where it was buried) It became the main mecha of Deava. The Assault Aquarions were a New UN venture with augmented pilots and drones using feathers from experimenting on the child Shadow Angel Futaba. (Who like Amata has feathers on his feet.)

Just some observation from the OVA. It is stated Shadow Angels don't contact their feet on the ground. They float instead. What does Amata do? Levitate. Also for a brief time OVA Touma's lips become more feminine gathering Aquarion's prana. Mykage the Shadow angel frozen has more feminine features.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 00:28   Link #472
Somnus
Eh?

Love is forbidden, hahaha. I really can't see that happening Zenny.

When Aquarion's chest started glowing I was expecting a mecha-sized care bear stare. However, I did find the hand's lengthy travel time (to get to the first rock where the enemy was) really amusing. It seemed like the guy had PLENTY of time to react before he decided to (even though the result would've been the same).

Anyways, awkward moments abound next ep. Can't wait. Also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
I'll be grabbing this one, thanks!! Screw you Amata, you lucky bastard.
Old 2012-01-24, 00:30   Link #473
miketyson

I don't have much to say but this show is just gleeful fun and I've loved almost every minute of every episode so far. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and there to be some major mis-step, but so far so good.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 01:48   Link #474
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i think we need a MacrossXAquarion crossover now!!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 03:34   Link #475
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i think we need a MacrossXAquarion crossover now!!
From SRW Z2 Hakai Hen PSP game, Apollo says "Kira!" imitating Ranka XP
And Setsuna's "Is this song.... is also a Gundam?!"

And also found this on Pixiv
Old 2012-01-24, 05:01   Link #476
magnuskn

Yeah, yeah, this "order against romance" won't stand for long, just like the Berlin.

Three episodes in, and so far my statement that this is the best anime since Macross Frontier seems to bear out.
Old 2012-01-24, 05:27   Link #477
Shikijin

Profiles updated on the official website. Crea has an IQ of 300. Fudo is still called "godspeed magician".
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 05:35   Link #478
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Yeah, yeah, this "order against romance" won't stand for long, just like the Berlin.

Declaring something a taboo just makes it all the more desirable
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 06:16   Link #479
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...which is why he probably did it.
Old 2012-01-24, 06:55   Link #480
Shikijin

Just checked Japanese Wikipedia, and I don't why but it has the full name of all the characters while the official site doesn't. Sazanka Bianca?
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction