Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-08, 02:21   Link #2101
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate lover View Post
There is not one anime that is similar to one another. That what makes anime so interesting and original.
Not really. Maybe I generalized or something..

Similar as in, eg : If I were to find an anime similar to school rumble, I mean things like a school setting, comedy, etc. (Something like, genre.)

Yet, to find something similar to elfen lied in terms of genre, I haven't found one, so I tried asking someone in here.
Phantasmagoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 07:45   Link #2102
abood42

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
Dude...I fully concur with you. I am sorry to hear you are using a wheelchair but need not feel down. It's not what others take you for but it's what you think of yourself that makes all the difference. No matter how people treat you or what they think of your action...just keep in mind..at the end of the day it's not between you and them but it's between you and your god. Just like Lucy, even if other despise her, she is still able to live on although it seems to be like hell to the rest of us. I admire your will and courage and I also salute you for your taste on anime. You really rock...seriously.
Thank you , what u said truly tells me that not all people are bad but some are good thnx for the reply and i just wanted to say u rock really really really hard and i know that allah(god) will make it up for me either in life or in heaven =D
abood42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 07:48   Link #2103
abood42

Thumbs up

Quote:
I am sorry to hear this but not everyone in this world is evil. It is just their perception of people that makes them keep a distant from those who are different from them. These bunch o people are fools and the real monster in society and should be taught a lesson, I broke my leg last year and is now experiencing pain from time to time....I understand how you feel but there is always someone who would lend out a helping hand. This will have to depend on your fate...=).Sometimes it is not what others think that is important but what you think of yourself that counts. I think in the end Lucy change her attitude because she wanted to apologize to Kouta and think herself as a burden to the people at Maple Inn but she wanted to protect Kouta. This makes her think that she is a guardian to Kouta and went to take on the rest of the SAT. People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered; forgive them anyway cause at the end of the day, it is not between you and them but it is between you and the Creator. Thanks Past Prime for the information
thank you very much for ur reply and advice your really cool
Old 2008-01-08, 20:14   Link #2104
Fate lover

Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by abood42 View Post
thank you very much for ur reply and advice your really cool

No problem man....By the way, do you live in Malaysia? Do you know where to buy the original Elfen Lied DVD at Kuching,Sarawak? Thanks

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 07:08   Link #2105
abood42

Quote:
No problem man....By the way, do you live in Malaysia? Do you know where to buy the original Elfen Lied DVD at Kuching,Sarawak? Thanks
sorry i dont live in malaysia ive never been there but alot of my family members have gone there on vacation , im from uae (united arab emirates)
Old 2008-01-09, 07:20   Link #2106
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by abood42
elfen lied really expresses the feeling of people who are different in the eyes of others and oppressed by them i a 18 year old in a wheelchair understand lucy perfectley as i am seen as a freak by everyone just because of my wheelchair ,lucy had the right to use her powers against people who thought of her as a demon a bad sign or different the truth is were all humans and we all have feelings yet people do not accept what is different from them lucy is lucky in my oppinion to have her powers cause in real life people who are different are defensless against those who opress them
Those people who treated, see you as a "freak" deserve a slap on their face.
Old 2008-01-09, 14:44   Link #2107
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
No, they deserve to meet Lucy. By the way,

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=58907
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 15:29   Link #2108
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Lol.. Elfen Lied is truly a unique piece by itself. Unlike some anime where you can pick out similarities.
Old 2008-01-09, 23:56   Link #2109
Fate lover

Thumbs up Hoho

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourhead View Post
Lol.. Elfen Lied is truly a unique piece by itself. Unlike some anime where you can pick out similarities.
Yes...I fully concur with you. Elfen Lied is a truly original piece of art because the latter version of killing and action anime pick up the stuffs from Elfen Lied

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-01-10, 16:47   Link #2110
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Oh great... haven't we discusse many times before the gore isn't the ONLY great and original thing about Elfen Lied!?
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 18:36   Link #2111
Fate lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
Oh great... haven't we discusse many times before the gore isn't the ONLY great and original thing about Elfen Lied!?
I know....The whole anime itself is original.....I only said that because I like the action part more....Sorry for the misunderstanding

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-01-10, 18:53   Link #2112
Arthas1011
Bring on the blood mortal

Season 2? Is that like a second series?
Arthas1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 19:41   Link #2113
Sodagod
Nightcrawler
*Artist

No, there isn't.
Rumor has it, that something will come up around October 2008, but it hasn't been officially confirmed.
Old 2008-01-11, 05:41   Link #2114
abood42

lol yes elfen lied is truly the most magnificent anime ever itll always be rated number one for me , anyway if the people that see me as a freak meet lucy she'd twist there head off XD
Old 2008-01-11, 14:17   Link #2115
Phantasmagoria
*Author

It's a pity that the girl with 26 vectors died, lol.
Anyway, 4 is considered hellish.
Old 2008-01-13, 07:24   Link #2116
Fate lover

Smile Elfen Lied

Ya, Mariko was really cute and just when she reunited with her father; They couldn't live happily but was blown up. I really hate those ass scientist who experimented on the diclonius.....wish they are all killed in the end, hehe. The director general is a diclonius yet why does he want to conduct experiments on his fellow diclonius?......I don't understand that part but overall Elfen Lied is the one of a kind anime which you don't usually see anywhere.

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-01-13, 07:52   Link #2117
Sodagod
Nightcrawler
*Artist

Quote:
The director general is a diclonius yet why does he want to conduct experiments on his fellow diclonius?......I don't understand that part but overall Elfen Lied is the one of a kind anime which you don't usually see anywhere.
I believe that he genetically modified himself or something (just like his son did), so it wasn't like he was conducting experiments on ones like himself. All of the real diclonius seem to be girls (and it seems that they have the same hair and eye colors as well). That it why the director or his son did not have any vectors.
And Elfen Lied is one of a kind, I haven't seen anything even close to it.
Old 2008-01-13, 08:48   Link #2118
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
The male diclonii had lost all of their power generations ago. The director simply wanted the diclonii to take over as the dominant species on Earth, and he was willing to do anything to control and rule the new master race by controlling the queen, Lucy.

That's my understanding, anyway. Might be somewhat inaccurate. He's even more evil in the manga...
Old 2008-01-13, 11:44   Link #2119
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodagod View Post
I believe that he genetically modified himself or something (just like his son did), so it wasn't like he was conducting experiments on ones like himself. All of the real diclonius seem to be girls (and it seems that they have the same hair and eye colors as well). That it why the director or his son did not have any vectors.
And Elfen Lied is one of a kind, I haven't seen anything even close to it.
Per the manga
Spoiler:

Last edited by PastPrime; 2008-01-13 at 18:21.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 21:56   Link #2120
Fate lover

Talking Elfen Lied

But I thought diclonius was born to kill. Then why did they marry with normal people? The people will be rip apart the second they make eye contact with a diclonius......I am getting confused here Why was Lucy put into the orphanage in the first place?? Why is there so few male diclonius....Is the vector virus somehow related in changing the gene of the offspring to girls DNA?oO Why does Lucy have so few vectors while Mariko have so many, I thought Lucy was the queen of the diclonius so she should be the most powerful and why would the other dicloius went against her since she is their creator. Without her, there would be no new diclonius...right? Finally, is Lucy mother a diclonius too?

Illyasviel Von Einzbern

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen