AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-05-25, 20:10   Link #141
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

So what is the actual synopsis of this series? The synopsis for the anime announcement is complete bollocks, so I want to find out what the story is all about. From what I gathered, Aqua seems to have the powers to bring dead people over to her world, and Satou, for some reason, acquired a huge debt which he tries to pay over the course of the story.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-25, 22:12   Link #142
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
So what is the actual synopsis of this series? The synopsis for the anime announcement is complete bollocks, so I want to find out what the story is all about. From what I gathered, Aqua seems to have the powers to bring dead people over to her world, and Satou, for some reason, acquired a huge debt which he tries to pay over the course of the story.
The synopsis (just like pretty much every other synopsis of this series) is deliberately false.

Its a parody of the now stereotypical "MC died, got sent to another world and is OP" trope.
Old 2015-05-25, 22:20   Link #143
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
The synopsis (just like pretty much every other synopsis of this series) is deliberately false.

Its a parody of the now stereotypical "MC died, got sent to another world and is OP" trope.
just from how he died is already full of lolz
Old 2015-05-25, 22:54   Link #144
SinsI

Quote:
So what is the actual synopsis of this series?
After death MC is transported to another world and becomes an extremely average Adventurer in a party full of ultra-high spec members. But the problem is that all the rest of the members there are extremely stupid and stubborn(i.e. one of them refuses to learn any magic other than Ultra-high-cost Explosion that causes her to faint after using it once) , so they only cause trouble instead of solving it, with MC being the only straight man.
And while the world they are in might look like a "typical fantasy world", it is actually governed by normal laws of economics, so they have a hard time making ends meet - there are no easy quests to bring in money...
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-25, 22:58   Link #145
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Ah, as 2 people have stated already, the forte here is parody; you can't evaluate the series without living through it's humour (which I find pretty amazing ).

Think of the plot like this.

- The mc is the typical hikkiNeet mc, dies in an accident.
- The accident is not the usual (the "truck" stopped before hitting him, but he still died on his own anyway ).
- The guy gets to heaven, and the goddess laughs at his circumnstances (as anyone else who knows does ).
- Still, he gets offered "travel to another world and get a cheat".
- The guy gets pissed, and thinks of a way to get revenge on the goddess, as well as getting something better than the cheats that he was offered.
- His plan backfires tremendously Forget about not getting a cheat, his gamble ended up with him in the negative

And that's the beginning of a "down in his luck" world travel adventure comedy Furthermore the mc does nothing but bumping into people which are in even sorriest estate than himself, which will get us some amazing laughs

Part of the comedy is that in the eyes of others, he is living la vida loca in a wonderful existence, surrounded by pretty girls who are all high end high class tier jobs that supposedly work for him; when in reality they are all as useless as the goddess servant and Kazuma is the most competent in the group, the debts are actually due to the girl's screw ups in kill or be killed situations

Ohh, speaking of, the LN translator said that they will be resuming work on this.
Old 2015-05-25, 23:13   Link #146
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
After death MC is transported to another world and becomes an extremely average Adventurer in a party full of ultra-high spec members. But the problem is that all the rest of the members there are extremely stupid and stubborn(i.e. one of them refuses to learn any magic other than Ultra-high-cost Explosion that causes her to faint after using it once) , so they only cause trouble instead of solving it, with MC being the only straight man.
And while the world they are in might look like a "typical fantasy world", it is actually governed by normal laws of economics, so they have a hard time making ends meet - there are no easy quests to bring in money...
Essentially, if this was a D&D group, the DM would read their character sheets + backstories, sigh, throw away all his well prepared notes, and begin the campaign.
Old 2015-05-25, 23:55   Link #147
Kaizerkoala

Honestly, Aqua is not all that bad though. She is a good healer.

The luck de-buff is strong though.... Can't imagine how lucky he is if he live without Aqua.
Kaizerkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 00:10   Link #148
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Part of the comedy is that in the eyes of others, he is living la vida loca in a wonderful existence, surrounded by pretty girls who are all high end high class tier jobs that supposedly work for him; when in reality they are all as useless as the goddess servant and Kazuma is the most competent in the group, the debts are actually due to the girl's screw ups in kill or be killed situations
So I guess it's like Seto no Hanayome in terms of misfortune comedy.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2015-05-26, 00:18   Link #149
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizerkoala View Post
Honestly, Aqua is not all that bad though. She is a good healer.

The luck de-buff is strong though.... Can't imagine how lucky he is if he live without Aqua.
Aqua... not that bad?

I suppose it all depends on perspective.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 00:50   Link #150
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
So I guess it's like Seto no Hanayome in terms of misfortune comedy.
Here, this is just one of the funny things this novel has:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol 2 Chapter 2
… I suddenly noticed something.
“Nah, let me ask you, can you see really clearly in the dark?”
Hearing my question, Aqua said with an ‘obviously’ expression.
“My vision now is no different in broad daylight. What is it?”

……

“So when we were sleeping in the stables together, you saw everything?”
“I didn’t see anything. Because when I hear the sound of fap fap fap, your back was facing me.”

“... Thank you for your mercy Aqua-sama.”
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 06:21   Link #151
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The boy's got guts, or he's fapping to forget his immense debt.

Old 2015-05-26, 22:44   Link #152
CNine
Inactive Member

Volume 3 will be a blast
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-27, 02:25   Link #153
Fones
Nightkin

Quote:
The boy's got guts, or he's fapping to forget his immense debt.
Surrounded by so many women who wouldn't get horny
Old 2015-05-27, 03:45   Link #154
Kaizerkoala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fones View Post
Surrounded by so many women who wouldn't get horny
Seriously, I think he could do it with Darkness if he want...

I think she is more than happy...

Last edited by Kaizerkoala; 2015-05-27 at 04:47.
Old 2015-05-27, 05:28   Link #155
Breimoon

Problem is I don't think anyone normal would want a woman who gets horny at being humiliated by other men / monsters as girlfriend. Well, he could always try to keep a simpler connection.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-27, 05:31   Link #156
Kaizerkoala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
Problem is I don't think anyone normal would want a woman who gets horny at being humiliated by other men / monsters as girlfriend. Well, he could always try to keep a simpler connection.
I want. . .

Most of us want. . .

Join the Dark side... we have Darkness and free cookie!
Old 2015-05-27, 07:07   Link #157
Breimoon

Like i said it would for the best to keep it at a simple connection(sex friends i mean) without emotional attachment . Personally i don't want a girlfriend who goes out with all thetown, monsters and animals included.Too bad he got blocked during bath scene.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-27, 11:47   Link #158
dark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
Like i said it would for the best to keep it at a simple connection(sex friends i mean) without emotional attachment . Personally i don't want a girlfriend who goes out with all thetown, monsters and animals included.Too bad he got blocked during bath scene.
+1
i didnt read further some of translated manga but did darkness go with other men and animals and so???
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-27, 13:34   Link #159
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Why are you guys treating Darkness as if she were a slut? Although she's a maso, she's actually really shy and innocent when it comes to that kind of stuff.

Here is a spoiler about the End of the WN.
Spoiler for Darkness:
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-27, 13:44   Link #160
cloud04
Scanlator

btw does it mention anything about megumin's i think cousin? yuyu was it iirc

Tags
another world, harem, humour/comedy, licensed, sort of harem, weak protagonist