Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-12, 11:25   Link #1261
Worriors1
Spontaneous Retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nourredine View Post
Indeed!
I've been waiting since episode 2 to see what is inside that thing, I am still betting on a picture of lelouch sleeping and rolo kissing him in his sleep
You know how many people would flip if that was the case? Actually, I read somewhere in the Imagethread that the artist that made him had him down as the Knight of Two, so I think it might be interesting if what is in the locket is a picture of him in uniform with Nunnally or Anya, or Lelouch or something. I mean, it's not unreasonable seeing as the emperor can rewrite people's entire lives with his Geass. So Rolo probably looks at it all the time like;
"WTF? Why don't I remember this?"

Then again, it's waaay too late into the show to explain that. So drop that theory. Could be a wedding ring inside it. That would make for a interesting something.
Lelouch's wedding ring? That was going to go to Anya?

You know, that would be freaking creepy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nourredine View Post
I can see a "Light at L's funeral" scene coming up
with Lelouch climbing on his grave and starts going bananas while hes barking on all fours.
That's.. Really creepy. Kind of makes me glad I didn't watch Death Note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
lol please no that was the most creepy scene in DN
besides i doubt anyone will actually make a grave for rolo
Yeah, your right. His body is going to be cremated
That, or they won't recover his body and they'll just make a headstone for him. Probably one of those unmarked ones with the angel on it.
Lelouch walks by the graveyard everyday trying to forget it was his own fault half of these people died and when he passes the angel he's gunna be like;
"..Why isn't it ma- Dangit.."
Worriors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 12:02   Link #1262
Lyllrik
I type really slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worriors1 View Post
You know how many people would flip if that was the case? Actually, I read somewhere in the Imagethread that the artist that made him had him down as the Knight of Two, so I think it might be interesting if what is in the locket is a picture of him in uniform with Nunnally or Anya, or Lelouch or something. I mean, it's not unreasonable seeing as the emperor can rewrite people's entire lives with his Geass. So Rolo probably looks at it all the time like;
"WTF? Why don't I remember this?"
It was a fan-art artist, as I remember.
Lyllrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 12:16   Link #1263
Worriors1
Spontaneous Retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyllrik View Post
It was a fan-art artist, as I remember.
Well, I know that.
That artist that drew it specifically as fan art though.
Give me a second and I'll go get the post, I'm on a different computer and the stuff I kept tabs on is on the other one.

We'll figure this out in a second, haaaang on.

Spoiler for Long quote post:

And..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calth View Post
Also, he was Geass-canceled by Orange, so no hidden memories, no mind-control.
Yeah. I forgot about that, this isn't the first time I've made myself look like an idiot because of me forgetting things.
Sorry, sorry..
Misread it by accident.

Last edited by Worriors1; 2008-08-12 at 12:32.
Worriors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 12:17   Link #1264
Calth

Calth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 13:34   Link #1265
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Touché,
scrap that idea

Still going for the whole love circle locket though
Old 2008-08-12, 14:20   Link #1266
Mr. Sparkle

Quote:
Go rewatch the scene. He didn't use the geass canceller on rolo, he used it on himself to dispel rolos geass off of him.
Mr. Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 15:40   Link #1267
JesseJamesRocket
Maniacally loveable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafri View Post
Wow. Talked about rollo is such a prick & hypocrite to lelouch. And i can't really wait to see lulu spill the beans to rollo (well, you know in the preview).

did you guys know that before turn 17 aired that i says 'He's gonna kill nunally!' and well, this is what happens. And i was right, you know. I knew it but thank god it's not the case bcoz i've almost got nearly get a grip when i watching him and i have a Photogenic Memory.

and i guess you are maybe right after i've just read all of your shitloads of comments about him.
But Jafri,
Rolo didn't kill Nunally. He wanted to, but he didn't. If she is dead it's because of circumstance. (Lelouch, Suzaku, Nina, Schneizel)
JesseJamesRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 15:43   Link #1268
JesseJamesRocket
Maniacally loveable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worriors1 View Post
a picture of them as kids
If it's a picture like that, or a picture of he and Rolo with Marianne, it'll be crazy.
Old 2008-08-12, 18:52   Link #1269
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJamesRocket View Post
But Jafri,
Rolo didn't kill Nunally. He wanted to, but he didn't. If she is dead it's because of circumstance. (Lelouch, Suzaku, Nina, Schneizel)
but i've already told these guys all the time but that's good anyway i mean that didn't happen but thank god to me, finally.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2008-08-12 at 19:50.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 09:16   Link #1270
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

I'm sure Lelouch is going all out against Rolo. Maybe Rolo will definitely die but he will realise what he done may not be right as his nii-san don't like it and don't want it. Rolo will get his chance for redemption. I certainly hope he barely survive the episode being captured or alive somewhere after Turn 19 .

Yes, he is possessive of Lelouch till the extent of having the intention of even to kill Nunnally. To Rolo, Lelouch is the most important person. Of course he can't tolerate anyone who divert his attention away from him and Rolo is afriad he will be left alone again. If only someone else who will love him like Lelouch used to and Rolo would learn how to get along with people correctly. Someone need to teach Rolo that and a year is not enough time to refine Rolo as he spent 15 over years as a killer who know nothing about getting along with people etc.

Don't be so hard on Rolo. He may not become a perfect character we expect but still he is normal character who acted by his own circumstance. Any other character on his shoe would have done the same.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.

Last edited by Pink-chan; 2008-08-13 at 09:35.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 10:09   Link #1271
Vakir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
I certainly hope he barely survive the episode being captured or alive somewhere after Turn 19 .
Spoiler for Denial:

Quote:
Don't be so hard on Rolo. He may not become a perfect character we expect but still he is normal character who acted by his own circumstance. Any other character on his shoe would have done the same.
This needs addressing. What about murdering the sister that your brother wanted retrieved safely out of jealousy and selfishness is normal and what anyone else would do in this show?

You can talk about how much you want him to have an amazing death scene that will suddenly cause Lelouch to have an epiphany and save the world in three minutes or something, but don't LIE like this.
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 10:28   Link #1272
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
Spoiler for Denial:

This needs addressing. What about murdering the sister that your brother wanted retrieved safely out of jealousy and selfishness is normal and what anyone else would do in this show?

You can talk about how much you want him to have an amazing death scene that will suddenly cause Lelouch to have an epiphany and save the world in three minutes or something, but don't LIE like this.
Well, whoever who is brought up the same way as Rolo did will do the same. Well, I don't want to argue. Rolo is how the creator wants him to be. If he is a character to be hated or loved that much, Rolo character is a successful character created.

Old 2008-08-13, 10:30   Link #1273
Vakir

Quote:
Well, whoever who is brought up the same way as Rolo did will do the same. Well, I don't want to argue. Rolo is how the creator wants him to be. If he is a character to be hated or loved that much, Rolo character is a successful character created.
Not necessarily. People with the same upbringing can be potentially stronger in constitution and would keep themselves from doing something like that. You can't assume that 100% of anyone in the same position would react that way.
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 10:38   Link #1274
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
Not necessarily. People with the same upbringing can be potentially stronger in constitution and would keep themselves from doing something like that. You can't assume that 100% of anyone in the same position would react that way.
Since we have no one else to compare with Rolo, who knows. The kids in the cult are no better. If they are given a chance "to be loved" just like Rolo did, they will probably do the same. Yes, not 100% that anyone in the same position will do the same. Whether there will be change, the environment and experience is still the factors. Rolo is who Rolo is. Unless we get to put a few 'Rolos' into different environment encountering different things, maybe we can see the difference. There is only one Rolo.

Old 2008-08-13, 10:45   Link #1275
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

Quote:
I can see a "Light at L's funeral" scene coming up
with Lelouch climbing on his grave and starts going bananas while hes barking on all fours.
NO. just no.
I can see burning the body as he did, but Lelouch, Nunally would not like that.
Quote:
Lelouch: Wtf you know about Nunally?!
I agree. Rolo may be an asshole, he is in a fact, but still he did what he though was right, and it's not his fault he was raised to do just that sort of a thing he did. He just needs some love.
aurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 10:49   Link #1276
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurr View Post
NO. just no.
I can see burnkng the body, but please, Lelouch, Nunally would not like that.

I agree. Rolo may be an asshole, he is in a fact, but still he did what he though was right, and it's not his fault he was raised to do just that sort of a thing he did. He just needs some love.
I wish more people will understand Rolo's circumstance. Lelouch, no matter what wrong Rolo did, don't ever burn his body and laugh like an evil lord. That makes him all too evil and as crazy as Light. Lelouch, please show us you are different. Well, I don't mind if he is cremating his body. Just make him a grave as a brother should do. Rolo will RIP. I hope he will get his happiness in his next life. Rolo

Old 2008-08-13, 18:04   Link #1277
JesseJamesRocket
Maniacally loveable.

Quote:
I wish more people will understand Rolo's circumstance. Lelouch, no matter what wrong Rolo did, don't ever burn his body and laugh like an evil lord. That makes him all too evil and as crazy as Light. Lelouch, please show us you are different. Well, I don't mind if he is cremating his body. Just make him a grave as a brother should do. Rolo will RIP. I hope he will get his happiness in his next life. Rolo
The way it's shaping up, I don't think Lelouch will kill Rolo. He'll cause Rolo to end his own life through despair. With the whole throwing of the locket thing I expect there to also be words such as: "Why are you still alive and Nunally isn't?" And/Or: "You don't matter. No one matters. There's only Nunally." Something along those lines. Then of course, a destroyed and conflicted Rolo will leave, but remain close enough to see what happens with the OotBK. He'll have an opportunity to at least through one action, make that year of brotherhood mean something, and he'll sacrifice himself. That's the outcome with the highest percentage of probability imo.
Old 2008-08-13, 19:36   Link #1278
Hellbore

Unfortunately, I see Rolo doing the thing every one wants him to do, namely save Lelouch from the OotBK, but I don't see him doing it in a way that redeems him as a sympathetic character. I can't think of an actual way to do this, but I feel as if his sacrifice won't move me to sympathy, like Guildford's did.
Hellbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 19:43   Link #1279
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbore View Post
Unfortunately, I see Rolo doing the thing every one wants him to do, namely save Lelouch from the OotBK, but I don't see him doing it in a way that redeems him as a sympathetic character. I can't think of an actual way to do this, but I feel as if his sacrifice won't move me to sympathy, like Guildford's did.
Exactly, Guildford truly loved Cornelia more so than a Knight to a Princess and Lelouch basically used that to his advantage to the point where he riskedhis life to save the women he thought he loved. And to be perfectly honest I hope Rolo's death is very much similar to Kimimaro from Naruto in which before he gives te killing blow or realizes the truth his heart goes out.
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 20:59   Link #1280
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbore View Post
I think the best way for him to do it is one in which he realizes his mistakes, a high percentage of that happening considering Lelouch brings his fantasies of their 'family' crashing into the ground from the looks of the preview and the line for Turn 19, and makes the gesture that speaks against everyones criticisms that he's nothing more then a selfish brat with a selfless action in this case, nothing to gain since with the end of his life ends his life with Lelouch, and not even the possible comfort of know he would be appreciated for it and probably understands that as he berates his own worth in that respect. Basically, we've given him the comfort of ignorance to the consequences of his actions, his naivety and his background concerning his views on taking a life. This I think, will be the opportunity to strip him away of that shield and see what he does with the knowledge, that conscience, and I think in that respect he'll pull through, he'll finally move from being an instrument of death for others to actually showing a glimpse of being a human being and that is how I think he'll die, and that is what will invoke my sympathy at the very least and perhaps my relief that even if it is short, he realized his own worth and meaning in the end.