AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-01, 11:28   Link #81
Hakuromatsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I'm pretty sure that the Another has to be in the class though, either as student or teacher.
Well, this was back 6-7 weeks ago when some of us had crazy theories to justify our suspicion that Reiko was the Another. It does seem silly in hindsight.
Old 2012-04-01, 12:16   Link #82
Rayneing
Trombe!

Technically, siblings work vertically within two degrees of seperation - up to your parents, and then down to their other children.
Old 2012-04-01, 16:31   Link #83
Hakuromatsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayneing View Post
Technically, siblings work vertically within two degrees of seperation - up to your parents, and then down to their other children.
Even though I understand the "logic" behind that, I have to say that it's ridiculous. 1) You have an equal chance of sharing a given gene with both your parents and your siblings: 50% (and you have an equal chance of sharing a given gene with both your aunt and grandparents: 25%). 2) You spend, approximately, the same portion of your life building relationships with your parents and siblings, and these relationships are of similar magnitude in life.
Old 2012-04-02, 08:17   Link #84
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuromatsu View Post
Even though I understand the "logic" behind that, I have to say that it's ridiculous. 1) You have an equal chance of sharing a given gene with both your parents and your siblings: 50% (and you have an equal chance of sharing a given gene with both your aunt and grandparents: 25%). 2) You spend, approximately, the same portion of your life building relationships with your parents and siblings, and these relationships are of similar magnitude in life.
Objection, its not about genes in the first place.
Akazawa's brother was, in reality, her cousin yet died because of the phenomenon.
The manga does btw state that blood relation is not necessary, so even a stepbrother/sister would fall into the range of possible targets.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2012-04-02, 12:05   Link #85
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Objection, its not about genes in the first place.
Akazawa's brother was, in reality, her cousin yet died because of the phenomenon.
The manga does btw state that blood relation is not necessary, so even a stepbrother/sister would fall into the range of possible targets.
Akazawa's cousin was in the class, so him dying is completely unrelated to his true relationship with Akazawa.

I don't know about the manga, but the anime stated the opposite: the phenomenon does not target non-blood related family members.

Tags
characters