AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-03-04, 03:35   Link #361
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just saw the game from a friend. Nahh...still passing on FF13, one player and not a party.
Old 2014-03-05, 02:48   Link #362
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I have to say that I'm really liking the game so far, more than XIII-2 anyway. The main story bits are pretty meh and forgetful but I really like the side quests in the game. It really sells the fact that everyone in this world is pretty goddamned miserable.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 11:24   Link #363
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The sidequests were my favorite part of the game. I liked that every NPC had their own story to tell.

Got the platinum yesterday. The Pallas Athena garb you get has a good design but its abilities suck. The reward wasn't worth the effort. I'll finish new game+ and then I'm done. Next: Final Fantasy X HD in a couple weeks.
Old 2014-03-05, 11:58   Link #364
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I read the English version had a bit of censorship in the final boss

Spoiler for obvious spoiler:
Old 2014-03-05, 12:16   Link #365
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
teleporting to a place doesn't expire chronstasis like train travel does
Ok, that's quite the bonus...and if bosses max out EP, I guess I'll be able to do both of them in one day.
Quote:
Lose them, no reason to push.
If you do things to fast, you'll find yourself with almost nothing to do when you are just 5 or 6 days in.
There is absoluetly no need to rush.
I don't know how long some quests may take to finish (like the clocks side quest or exploring the ridiculously huge dunes) and every day something new pops up, so I'd like to be on schedule, of sorts...which makes me wonder, what happens if you do practically nothing in an entire playthrough, considering the game's progression is based on time played and not on events triggered?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 17:09   Link #366
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I don't know how long some quests may take to finish (like the clocks side quest or exploring the ridiculously huge dunes)
As long as you remember to activate warp stones whenever you see them, navigating the Dunes is no big deal, especially since there are a number of shortcuts between Ruffian and other key areas.
For the clocks, if you're not willing to use a guide I recommend making a save at the start of a day, spending that day hunting around Luxerion and marking the location of every clock, then reloading once you've found them all. Will save lots of time that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
what happens if you do practically nothing in an entire playthrough, considering the game's progression is based on time played and not on events triggered?
If you fail to complete all the main quests and therefore fail to unlock Day 13, the world ends and you're forced into NG+ early.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 12:02   Link #367
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Haha man these ads "End of a Legend" ....what legend? OH RIGHT that Lightning is da best hero evar, says and forces her creator and advertising. lol
Old 2014-03-09, 14:55   Link #368
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Alright, managed to get in Snow's palace after beating Noel (with twelve whole seconds to spare) and got around 5 new garbs. Locked abilities are so bad, especially for garbs with ONE skill...oh well, I suppose this will have to do as handicap.

Quote:
Haha man these ads "End of a Legend" ....what legend? OH RIGHT that Lightning is da best hero evar, says and forces her creator and advertising. lol
While it is a good series, FFXIII is definitely subpar compared to any other FF title to have ever been released (except XI and maybe the DS games which I haven't played xD).

Lightning, as a main character, fails miserably in XIII - Snow was waaaay more of a hero, Vanille and Fang made most of the plot and Hope received a lot of development. Even Sazh was awesome (from gag character to suicidal armed man in a fun park to saving his son from a cruel fate?) but Lightning pretty much stayed the same stoic fighter she was at the beginning of the game. XIII-2 was about her sister, so I can't say anything about Lightning's minor role in it. In Lightning Returns, at least she has the spotlight...probably because there's nobody else around :P
Old 2014-03-09, 22:24   Link #369
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Honestly... I wouldn't dislike Lightning so much if they didn't try SOOO HARD to "SHE DA BEST FF CHARACTER! FIRST STRONG FEMALE" when they are wrong at both.
Old 2014-03-10, 04:19   Link #370
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I prefer Tifa Lockheart kthx.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 07:11   Link #371
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

But she is a walking male sex fantasy, she has no character other than her big boobs. XD jk

She's awesome and has the best fight in the advent children movie.

People seem to think Lightning isn't a walking fanservice train herself for what ever reason.
Old 2014-03-10, 12:28   Link #372
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Yeah, if not Celes Chere then it's Tifa for me. Both more interesting individuals than Lightning ever was over the course of 3 games.

Besides with Tifa I'll respect someone who literally goes about beating up monsters and machines with her fists .
Old 2014-03-10, 22:51   Link #373
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Didn't think he'd review it. lol
Old 2014-03-11, 11:51   Link #374
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I had no clue the final boss had a new and stronger form in new game+. The bastard was pretty damn hard to beat since I had used up all of my ethers on Aeronite. I had to try four times.
Old 2014-03-11, 12:40   Link #375
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Beatrix for me.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 15:34   Link #376
FourZro

Would you guys say this game is worth getting if I really didn't like FFXIII?

I'm honestly thinking about getting this game since it seems pretty interesting and fun to play but....I don't know....
FourZro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 17:50   Link #377
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Rent it, best option.
Old 2014-03-12, 10:06   Link #378
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourZro View Post
Would you guys say this game is worth getting if I really didn't like FFXIII?

I'm honestly thinking about getting this game since it seems pretty interesting and fun to play but....I don't know....
It's hard to answer since the two games are completely different. It depends on why you want play it. You probably won't enjoy the story if you didn't like XIII and didn't play XIII-2, but you might love the gameplay.
Old 2014-03-12, 10:53   Link #379
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'd go for rental if you have the time for it; the game is fun but there is literally a time limit to how long you can play (although it can be bent, but still...). I'm working overtime so I barely have a couple hours to spend per weekend, but if I was playing like I normally used to, I would have most likely finished the game and an NG+ in 9 days.