AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-26, 17:27   Link #1981
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
I don't believe Riful can defeat Alicia. If you notice, her body form is perfect to figth against Riful, she has a small body and the agility needed to avoid her tentacles.
Which is why I think Riful will beat her, but be extremely weakened. She'll hobble back to Raciella and Clare who finish her off.

I can't imagine Alicia surviving and winning. She has a huge handicap and is made by the most arrogant freaks ever to walk the earth.
Old 2009-05-26, 17:39   Link #1982
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
What? Sorry?

My post was how Alicia had advantage over Riful.
XD, I know. In my vision however, I don't believe Alicia will win, I just can't believe that(not to mention I won't like it). Even if her body is made well, her scythes perfectly made to cut down tentacles, she has too many flaws.

And besides, like I said, the Organization are actually winning this war with Isley dead and the Feeder's creation. They are the LAST PEOPLE I want to win all this, so of course I support Riful's victory, even if she dies shortly after.
Old 2009-05-26, 17:41   Link #1983
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

if riful had ever met raki i'm positive she'll most definitely be interested in him. c'mon, this is raki we're all talking about! lady luck had always been on his side. if he told riful he'd been with isley and priscilla, she'd be most interested too.

isley, priscilla, lucy, riful, the organization... whoever except for the god awful annoying raki haters would be interested cuz raki always had a way of being liked regardless of who it is! raki is different from all the humans and riful would see that in an instant. she has a keen eye for talented and interesting people, being human or not.
Old 2009-05-26, 17:43   Link #1984
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
if riful had ever met raki i'm positive she'll most definitely be interested in him. c'mon, this is raki we're all talking about! lady luck had always been on his side. if he told riful he'd been with isley and priscilla, she'd be most interested too.

isley, priscilla, lucy, riful, the organization... whoever except for the god awful annoying raki haters would be interested cuz raki always had a way of being liked regardless who it is! raki is different from all the humans and riful would see that in an instant. she has a keen eye for talented and interesting people, being human or not.
Yeppir, She would be fascinated by all the things in his life, not to mention actually affecting the war right now. And if he takes Priscilla with her, she'll be even more excited(or scared out of her mind ). It really depends when you're talking about him meeting Riful: I say, his best chance being friends with her is right after splitting with Isley.

The only people who dislike Raki are Raki Haters who I have yet to actually see come up with a worthwhile reason to actually dislike him.
It usually boils down to two excuses.

A) I don't like him because he's annoying.

For what? How? For saving Clare's life numerous times and bravely facing Ophelia without making a sound?

Please give me ONE situation and I'll see if I get your meaning. I won't listen to anything from the anime since it should already be
completely ignored from anybody who actually read the manga.

B) I don't like him because he's male

Discovered when I saw that pic by Eva.St Clare. One of the stupidest things I've ever heard of and usually only from smug female fans who can't think of anything else, especially when their are numerous other male characters in the manga. Apparantely they only like muscular male characters who keep their shirt off(Isley) and transform into lions like Rigardo.

No, get a guy who's actually a normal human being with a big heart and good taste, and he's suddenly the spawn of the devil.

It's completely social; one person dislikes him and everybody takes that person's opinion instead of their own, so everybody
dislikes him even if they don't have a good excuse why, or even have one at all.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2009-05-26 at 23:37.
Old 2009-05-26, 18:06   Link #1985
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
I like the manga Raki and I'm expecting some big stuff from him.

I HATE the anime Raki because he is annoying. Look:

He cried seven times and in the end, his big idea was to protect Priscilla and hug a Clare that had 20 blades attached to her body. This is asking to get killed. this is even more stupid that Helen's idea to check out the body of the most powerful AB in the world (I know it's Priscilla but they didn't)

When Clare raised her blades I was like:
YEAH!!!!!!! GO CLARE!!!!

But then Jean got in the way.

When
Can't really comment because all those situations didn't happen in the manga, and the anime is bad enough that I'm purposely trying to forget about it as much as possible. To comment regardless, he's actually extremely courageous for hugging Clare in that state. I can't imagine an average adult doing that, they'd be too scared. Extremely reckless and dangerous? Yes, but you can't deny his feelings(he actually saw past all that and tried to help her when everybody else was pissing themselves) nor can you deny that it actually worked.

The MANGA, something from the MANGA

He was a kid for crying out loud, a kid. It's overblown to the point that it seems like people think he's the only character who actually cried in the whole manga. He's a weak scared 12-year-old boy who's constantly thrown from one death situation to the next, of course he's going to cry.
Old 2009-05-26, 18:16   Link #1986
MisterJB
Warden of the West

I still don't see why he cried when Clare killed Elena.

But like I said, I like manga Raki.
Old 2009-05-26, 18:23   Link #1987
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
I still don't see why he cried when Clare killed Elena
Wait, he was there?

It's been so long since I read the earliest early chapters

He cried because it was the first time he ever saw a human killing another human being, one who is a friend, as opposed to Yoma who are clearly monsters. It's a cruel scary reality that he didn't understand yet. Remember, he was still only beginning to understand what a Claymore is; not a superhuman who can kill Yoma without worry, but a warrior with Yoki who slowly push themselves into what they are destroying.

Quote:
So do I. What I don't like however are people who hate him because of what happened in the anime, an anime
that screwed up every character, not just his.
Old 2009-05-26, 18:24   Link #1988
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
I still don't see why he cried when Clare killed Elena.

as silly as it may sound, i always took it as he cried for clare as she killed her close friend without showing any emotion.
Old 2009-05-26, 22:33   Link #1989
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
as silly as it may sound, i always took it as he cried for clare as she killed her close friend without showing any emotion.
I'm sure Clare was also crying...on the inside
Old 2009-05-27, 03:17   Link #1990
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Quote:
Yeah, that moment remembered me a lot of the movie of Conan the Barbarian, when Arnie burns the corpse of his lover and Subotai, asked why he's crying, says something like "he's Conan the barbarian, he won't cry, so I cry for him"
Old 2009-06-01, 16:40   Link #1991
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Look at what I found

Old 2009-06-01, 16:42   Link #1992
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

That's no surprise JB - it was always assumed that the armor and broadsword Raki has were originally Isley's - perhaps as rewards for completely his training. Still it's another example of Yagi's beautiful consistancy and our ability to pick up on things like that.
Old 2009-06-01, 16:44   Link #1993
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
That's no surprise JB - it was always assumed that the armor and broadsword Raki has were originally Isley's - perhaps as rewards for completely his training. Still it's another example of Yagi's beautiful consistancy and our ability to pick up on things like that.
Yeah, but this confirms it and we now know how Isley's armor looked like.
Old 2009-06-01, 18:42   Link #1994
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Quote:
Look at what I found

I wonder if Raki was on the other continent, well guess we will have to wait and see if he has a story to tell Clare and the others later, as Miria will probably want to know too.
Old 2009-06-01, 19:17   Link #1995
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I really doubt he was ever over there. Since the continent must be a very large distance away from the mainland to obviously research in secret, I doubt the technology to make it too the mainland(assuming it exists) and back within 7 years is possible.

Raki was simply most likely training with Isley and Priscilla for the 7 years before splitting off with her on his own for reasons we're going to find out. I really doubt he knows anything Isley doesn't. Assuming Isley eventually told him about Claymores and whatnot(which means at some point or another, for better or worse, Raki found out their true nature. Since I doubt he has the deductive skills, I'd say it was accident; say, a scene similar to the anime where Priscilla was eating. Raki found her and Isley laid it all out. Priscilla probably promised she'd never eat humans ever again and they leave, scorned Isley is eaten shortly after).
Old 2009-06-01, 19:31   Link #1996
Ryus
The One Eyed King

I once saw a samurai dressed like this:

I think he is related to him:
Spoiler for Size:
Old 2009-06-01, 20:09   Link #1997
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, I did joke to my friend that Star Wars gender-bent = Claymore in Space.
Old 2009-06-02, 10:29   Link #1998
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Well, I did joke to my friend that Star Wars gender-bent = Claymore in Space.
It would be more accurate to say the witcher is claymore gender-bended lol (for those in the know, where yagi got his idea for claymore and "borrowed" ideas)
Old 2009-06-02, 10:32   Link #1999
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Spoiler for Size:
Never the less, that's a nice pic of Darth Wader.
Old 2009-06-02, 10:36   Link #2000
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
I once saw a samurai dressed like this:

Spoiler for Size:
Actually, I think I once heard somewhere that George Lucas was inspired by samurai's armors to create the Dath Vader outfit