AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-07-06, 14:57   Link #301
gunshottrigun
Crazy Shrine Maiden

Send a message via AIM to gunshottrigun Send a message via MSN to gunshottrigun Send a message via Yahoo to gunshottrigun
Not to beotch and moan, but I haven't run across one anime style mmorpg for Mac OSX, not that I expected one.
gunshottrigun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 15:13   Link #302
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Thanks for the tip Cats!

That does sound interesting, though I don't know if I can pick up enough interest to grind once more, not to mention I Never found any good way of making money in the game unless you spent real money to those whatevercoins.

Well it really all depends wether I'd have anyone to play it with or not. Nowadays I can't even bother to try out new game if I have to begin all alone, even if I might meet someone along the way..
Old 2009-07-06, 15:16   Link #303
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

That's why I play a lot of games when they go open/close beta.
Good way to find good people. As for making money that one's easy.

@ gunshottrigun

For mac I would say,

http://www.dofus.com/en/

Umm... err.. that's all that comes to mind.
Don't you people have that BootCamp thing?
Old 2009-07-06, 15:31   Link #304
gunshottrigun
Crazy Shrine Maiden

Send a message via AIM to gunshottrigun Send a message via MSN to gunshottrigun Send a message via Yahoo to gunshottrigun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
That's why I play a lot of games when they go open/close beta.
Good way to find good people. As for making money that one's easy.

@ gunshottrigun

For mac I would say,

http://www.dofus.com/en/

Umm... err.. that's all that comes to mind.
Don't you people have that BootCamp thing?
Dofus is fun and easy to play because it is browser based/flash, however it is limited to only a certain level then you have to pay and all this baloney. It was fun for when I played it.

And a Window's partition via BootCamp takes up to much memory on my hard drive, it is a MacBook not a desktop. I'll just have to get a Windows desktop soon.
Old 2009-07-06, 15:53   Link #305
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I'm not sure, but I think wakfu has a mac version.
Old 2009-07-06, 16:00   Link #306
gunshottrigun
Crazy Shrine Maiden

Quote:
I'm not sure, but I think wakfu has a mac version.
I couldn't find a download link. I'll search some more.
Old 2009-07-06, 16:32   Link #307
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Hm. Think I might have confused it with the difference between french and english. Sorry about that.
Old 2009-07-06, 21:30   Link #308
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi View Post
Emil Chronicle Online is coming out in English in Malaysia/Singapore via Run-Up Games. Closed beta begins on the 8th. I've played this before and loved it.

Wrote a bit on races and jobs on my blog if you're interested.
wow, this seems very interesting. definitely gonna try this one. Something I wonder though, heard this game is P2P in Japan, but t seems F2P in singapore version with the item mall addition? Is that right?
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 22:23   Link #309
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
wow, this seems very interesting. definitely gonna try this one. Something I wonder though, heard this game is P2P in Japan, but t seems F2P in singapore version with the item mall addition? Is that right?
It was P2P, but recently became F2P, I believe. I think the SEA version will be F2P with item mall, but that's just my guess ^^;;
Old 2009-07-06, 23:08   Link #310
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

If it's F2P I'm definitely gonna try this. I'm gonna play either this or Shin Megami Tensei Imagine.
Old 2009-07-07, 00:04   Link #311
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Does MegaTen really strike you as anime-like? Reminds me more of Koudelka or something...(not that I complain, most of the games are cool).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 00:32   Link #312
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

well, not really, but I like the megaten game on console so I still think that as anime-like, but graphicwise iI don't think it is.
Old 2009-07-08, 00:55   Link #313
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
When Aion hits the shelves it'll likely be your best bet. I'd stay away from anything that doesn't have an episodic or subscription model. Free to play games are utterly pointless to play if you never spend money on exclusives. Usually the guy who drops several hundred dollars buffing his character will always curbstomp you.
Old 2009-07-08, 01:41   Link #314
Sydonai

i guess you get little nanobots that transform into weapons. there's dagger, sword, and attached(which is basically a claw by the the look's of it) i think you make your own and upgrade n stuff. this game has missions, dungeons and storyline! look's pretty intense to me.

anyways, it's in open beta atm. link to the site if you're interested : http://ghostx.gamengame.com/main.jce

Edit: i found out there's actually a lot of different other weapon types such as guns, bows, sheild and sword, and "duals" which give you wings or dual blades. also knife is not like a small blade it's a bigger blade than the swords(thought it might be a useful tip). ill post this so you guys can take a peek at the other weps. there's a lot of variety http://ghostx.gamengame.com/forum/bbs.jce?categoryIdx=1

Last edited by Sydonai; 2009-07-08 at 03:40.
Sydonai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 07:55   Link #315
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
When Aion hits the shelves it'll likely be your best bet. I'd stay away from anything that doesn't have an episodic or subscription model. Free to play games are utterly pointless to play if you never spend money on exclusives. Usually the guy who drops several hundred dollars buffing his character will always curbstomp you.
I never play an MMORPG to compete with others, I just play it for fun so I don't care if some guys with uber-money is curbstomp me. I also like those episodic model, but the problem with those P2P games are they're too expensive to play cuz the currency of my country is so low, and I don't like playing local server cuz the community sucks. So, except some exceptional great RPG I most probably wouldn't touch a P2P MMORPG.
Old 2009-07-09, 00:14   Link #316
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Actually you don't HAVE TO pay in every F2P in order to get the best bonuses etc. Maplestory has a very fair system where cash shop items are mainly clothing and lottery for items. Yes, you can buy 2x exp and drop cards, but the game also has a family system serving the same purpose and being available to everyone. Without paying anything I reached LV119, all it takes is a good party and a free map (as far as damage and equips go, my build was cheap so my chances at upgrading were better, leading to some +6 equips (max is 7) with 5 30% attempts,which is colour-coded godly, leading to very decent damage ).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 01:29   Link #317
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Kay, I've tried both ECO and Shin Megaten Imagine and so far I like both, though my outdated computer is not fit to play Shin Megaten lol. Guess I'll try it further for a while to decide which one I'm gonna focus.
Old 2009-07-09, 20:37   Link #318
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I haven't had good luck with any of the free to play games... lots of crashes, lots of bugs, lots of bad netcode and none of the regular content updates that subscription based games have.

I'm not particularly enamored with the way online RPGs are headed anyway--all of them seem to be WoW clones these days, and WoW itself was a dumbed-down EQ1 clone.

I'll probably play Aion because it's pretty and I can make loli characters, but I don't know how long I'll stay interested without a real world that can be permanently changed by the players.
Old 2009-07-10, 01:28   Link #319
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

WoW is pretty boring honestly.
Old 2009-07-10, 01:36   Link #320
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
WoW is pretty boring honestly.
If you find doing the same thing over and over again for hundreds and thousands of hours boring, then MMORPGs are not for you.

Though a few of my non-gamer-female friends manage to garner a lot of enjoyment out of online RPGs with barely playing them and not caring at all about anything other than "ooh shiny" and "cute!"

What worries me is I seem to be having similar reactions to Aion's graphics, the simple joy of flying around like a tard, and being able to play a very moe loli character.

Tags
mmorpg