AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 24 18.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 21.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 21.80%
7 out of 10 : Good 31 23.31%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 9.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.50%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.26%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.50%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.75%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-23, 01:38   Link #81
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by deffusse View Post
realy good and funny ep. but actualy WTF is with
Spoiler for ep9preview:
My guess:-

Spoiler:
Old 2008-05-23, 01:47   Link #82
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
two words

sheryl rocks
Old 2008-05-23, 01:53   Link #83
Pathis87

This episode altough it might appear as a filler was actually pretty good , i really laughed with al the sheryl - alto moments.
We might get to know more about brera next ep too !
I gave this eps a 9/10 + the animation wasn't that off as some predicted .

watching: Durarara - Fairy Tail -
DO NOT copy my signatures or Avatars without my permission ! http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?u=79426
Old 2008-05-23, 02:01   Link #84
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Sheryl:
Old 2008-05-23, 02:26   Link #85
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

I love that show I never get bored watching it, even with those "filler-like" episodes (and without subs!). The characters feel so alive, I enjoy every interactions.

Can't say much with the raw, but man, Sheryl was intense this episode, and she just can't keep in place. She has to have the upper-hand on everything

It's been a while I didn't feel bad for Ranka, but I really did this time And she was just too cute with her carrot song. Those multiple Sheryl's ads showing off when Ranka was feeling inferior were a bit much though We get the message.

Animation definitely wasn't that bad, but character art was often off though. Ah well, it didn't bother me.

Spoiler for clifhanger ending:
Old 2008-05-23, 02:46   Link #86
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
it was mainly the character faces that were off, the rest was fine
Old 2008-05-23, 02:47   Link #87
SymphonicRain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurys
Can't say much with the raw, but man, Sheryl was intense this episode, and she just can't keep in place. She has to have the upper-hand on everything
All for the sake of preventing her underwear from falling in the hands of the horde of healthy young boys that happends to be in the season of hormone surge.
Old 2008-05-23, 03:13   Link #88
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
filler eps blows 6/10

maybe my native country should stop exporting rice to Philippines something as punishment for the retard animation . Sheryl is getting more and more likeabke

let's hope this episode get a extreme make over deculture edition in the DVD/blu-ray
Old 2008-05-23, 03:20   Link #89
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

other than the dive in animation the episode is pretty solid. The whole underwear affair was hilarious. And i noticed how they used clips from macross zero at the intro at 00.25 explaining the protoculture . I guess Macross frontier will also wrap up Macross Zero's ending.
Old 2008-05-23, 03:27   Link #90
manuloz

Kaoru Chujo> Yep, the set decorator Stan is french.
He is one of the french designers that went to Japan to work on Oban Star Racer. He worked at Hal Film Maker where the animation of Oban Was produced. Then he moved to Satelight with his friend Thomas Romain (co-director & chara designer on Oban).
Thomas was art designer on Kissdum, he is now working on a "secret project" scheduled for april 2009. Well, secret no more because of a french radio documentary on animation during his interview he could not help but talking about the project (he thought it would be cut out). Very funny part, you can actually hear Shoji Kawamori on the background going all "Sugoi Sugoi Sugoi!!!" watching a video on Slamball used for reference, it's supposed to be a mecha/sport anime.

... By the way i liked the animation on this episode 8 of Macross. At first i was septical in front of the screencap but in the actual episode it looked really good, one of the best with episode 4.
Old 2008-05-23, 04:18   Link #91
Errantkael

I'm not to bothered with the animation. Since although it was unconsistent the changed in a way added to the comical feel of the episode. I'm not sure having it perfect would have had the same impact.

But otherwise... that crayon Vajra + sperm was so cute lol.
If only they were all like that ^^
Old 2008-05-23, 04:18   Link #92
Bring d0wn tEh Sky
For Great Justice !!

Didn't like the episode. I want to see moooar battles FFS. The only reason I keep watching this anime is because of the awesomeness of the Valkyries. Those crafts are really made of win
Old 2008-05-23, 04:53   Link #93
Smithj

Off key animation, but it wasn't half bad otherwise.
Old 2008-05-23, 04:54   Link #94
Kikuchi

I can't see why people make such a big deal of the animation quality. Sure, it's not really good, but heck, it's not like it destroy the whole experience. There's been series FAR worst than this animation-wise.

Anyway, I liked the episode, it was funny. A not-so-serious episode to cool down after last week, that was perfect. I don't really like when so throw panty stuff like this in the mixer but, well, it's not like it's surprising, coming from that scriptwriter.
Old 2008-05-23, 05:24   Link #95
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
filler eps blows 6/10

maybe my native country should stop exporting rice to Philippines something as punishment for the retard animation . Sheryl is getting more and more likeabke

let's hope this episode get a extreme make over deculture edition in the DVD/blu-ray
*Twack!*

You know how much rice cost now a days?

Look at the credits it's a Thai team that's been outsourced now not Filipino.

Most Filipinos have spanish lastnames.
Old 2008-05-23, 05:45   Link #96
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Tsuyu View Post
Somehow I feel like I want to go for Brera x Runka =_=, He's such an interesting character (don't forget handsome.)
I had that vibe too.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-05-23, 05:53   Link #97
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
While it was fun to watch I guess the whole ep needs to be redone later on. Looking at the bright side given how much budget they must have saved with this ep we should get some pretty epic fights later on.

I also thought that the BGM they used during the scene where Alto flys with Sheryl was a rather strange choice. It just didn't mesh well with the scene IMO.
Old 2008-05-23, 07:10   Link #98
Westlo
Lets be reality

Bah the pirates of the carribean theme can mesh with anything! *goes to make a vid with it playing during the Aerith/Aeris death scene*
Old 2008-05-23, 07:18   Link #99
JaLooNz
Longtime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
I can't see why people make such a big deal of the animation quality. Sure, it's not really good, but heck, it's not like it destroy the whole experience. There's been series FAR worst than this animation-wise.

Anyway, I liked the episode, it was funny. A not-so-serious episode to cool down after last week, that was perfect. I don't really like when so throw panty stuff like this in the mixer but, well, it's not like it's surprising, coming from that scriptwriter.
QFT... why do so many complain about the animation quality, when compared to most other series this is already quite good.

At least... there are little-no instances of scene re-use (like Gundam Destiny or even earlier series of Macross), the animation style is refreshing (when most shows do not have such envionmental details like Macross), scenes that utilise graphical effects that sets the mood quite well (when other series are simply not enhanced).

For this episode, some can consider it a partial fan-service episode, but it also provides for quite a bit of character development, humor and sets the relation of the key characters for the following episodes.
Old 2008-05-23, 07:45   Link #100
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Spoiler for Sheryl:
Spoiler for ep. 8:
I'm glad, though, that they at least dropped one thing from the manga:

Spoiler for manga ch. 4:
Closed Thread

Tags
high school