AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Regios - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 27 21.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 18.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 15.87%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 9.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 7.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 4.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.59%
1 out of 10 : Painful 10 7.94%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-22, 07:34   Link #121
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
And Wtf the goat comes out Nina's body and go in Savaris's body , why ??
Yeah , i lol when Layfon left Nina (but i think probably to don't hurt her becauqe Savaris shot beams XD ) .
Yeah, just hurting the host to make it come out seemed a bit weird at first. Maybe it tries to leave to survive (Savaris says it would be so after Layfon told him to stop because he'd kill Nina at that rate) if the host is about to die as Savaris had just shot to kill Nina.

And yeah, Savaris had the goat so he had focused on Layfon. Nina was safer without him close and he couldn't carry her anywhere else with Savaris bombarding.
Old 2009-06-22, 07:52   Link #122
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post

Hey, did anybody lol'd when Layfon seemingly ditched Nina when Salvaris went steroid mode? I can Imagine Layfon saying "every man for himself"
That was exactly what I thought when I saw that scene. Even though he was obviously thinking she'd be safer there, he didn't really show it; he just got this "oh crap!" look on his face and started running.

Anyway, my first and last comment on the series is, basically, the potential for a really interesting story was there but they did a really bad job of telling it. It didn't really explain most of the major plot points and even introduced new ones in the last episode, and not a whole lot was even resolved at the end. It's more understandable if they really are doing a second season but I still feel it was pretty much all over the place. If nothing else though, the hints that an interesting plot was hidden there somewhere have motivated me to start reading the novel.

Last edited by RWBladewing; 2009-06-22 at 07:57. Reason: clarification
Old 2009-06-22, 08:00   Link #123
Keeper

The series started out well but the end result is lackluster series. This final episode was ridiculous. If second season is anything like this, I hope it never airs and instead they can produce something that is worth watching.
Old 2009-06-22, 08:09   Link #124
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

I don't get something...before Layfon killed that final Filth Monster Nina came in screaming his name...

Did anyone else go WTF!?!?!

1. I thought she was on the virge of conciousness.
2. How the F can she be so energetic when before she was almost dying.
3. Layfon x Nina = How it should be. Leerin can't even walk down a hill without falling down. Layfon x Nina would make one epic team.
Old 2009-06-22, 08:22   Link #125
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Let's see the conclusion of the romance in the anime for now:
Felli=good friend/owner
Nina=Taichou!(whatever it means)
Leerin=dear sister
Mayshen:classmate(as the other two girls)
Naruki: Zero romantical development
So on the outside there's not even an inch change since the begining...inside another(and mysterious) thing.
Old 2009-06-22, 08:27   Link #126
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Let's see the conclusion of the romance in the anime for now:
Felli=good friend/owner
Leerin=dear sister
Mayshen:classmate(as the other two girls)
Naruki: Zero romantical development
So on the outside there's not even an inch change since the begining...inside another(and mysterious) thing.
Man Layfon is a pimp. He isn't even working for it and he's got one girl making him lunch, he then shares that with another girl. He's keeping Leerin on the side so no matter what he's got someone in Grendan.

Baller? I think so.
Old 2009-06-22, 08:50   Link #127
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
I don't get something...before Layfon killed that final Filth Monster Nina came in screaming his name...

Did anyone else go WTF!?!?!

1. I thought she was on the virge of conciousness.
2. How the F can she be so energetic when before she was almost dying.
3. Layfon x Nina = How it should be. Leerin can't even walk down a hill without falling down. Layfon x Nina would make one epic team.
Yeah, I'll put my response to blewin from Nina's thread on that part:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus View Post
It felt like Nina getting all BANZAI! as Layfon finally is going full force without any remorse, (she wants him to wield the blade just the previous scene) that was what I could make out of it anyway. Gotta say that was kinda weird though.
Even though I'm not actively participating on romance discussions, agreed on the third topic on your list. They would be like Mr & Mrs Smith, would provide epic showdown vs monsters or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Captain! Well, not like he could call her anything else while on duty. IIRC he refers to her as Nina-senpai otherwise.
Old 2009-06-22, 09:04   Link #128
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Anyway , Layfon is the type of character who don't care about girlfriend . He's fine alone . Maybe he'll be interested by a girl who is stronger like him lol
Old 2009-06-22, 09:39   Link #129
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

The final episodes of this series have been all over the place. So much stuff going on and they almost don't explain half of it. Maybe they rushed it because they
had only 24 episodes for this, I can understand this but it just left me so confused.
Old 2009-06-22, 09:47   Link #130
Kokoru Asami
*Graphic Designer

Does anyone know where the light novel is in regards to where the show left of? i mean like what volume is it? this would sort of give me an idea how much material their is so far.
Old 2009-06-22, 09:54   Link #131
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokoru Asami View Post
Does anyone know where the light novel is in regards to where the show left of? i mean like what volume is it? this would sort of give me an idea how much material their is so far.
Well since the abandonned Inter-City match the rest have been 100% made-up stuff.

The Mayath(sp?) city match was from vol. 7.
Old 2009-06-22, 10:48   Link #132
Pradelus

"Dick!"

lol, wth Nina.

The whole thing with Saya, I don't get at all.
Old 2009-06-22, 12:27   Link #133
seiji_kun

Quote:
Felli offered to do anything including counting monster scales if he wanted from her but he walks past her and in a serious facial expression and voice tone, says, "I do not wish for that". Watch that scene again if you wish but he clearly rejects her advance.
Thanks for describing it a little more to detail. Makes remembering it a whole lot easier. I can't denie that it was a rejection, but it hardly felt like me that he told her she had no chance or was struck out for good. I thougth the "that" stould for, I do not wish for a girl who'd sacrifice everything for me to a point that she risks her own health which counting those monster scales would result to cause she would be crazy enough to overexhaust herself for him.

Quote:
And if she really had an intimate scene initiated by Layfon, you'd already remember it.
Intimate scenes initiated, well it's not like the others gave me the vibe that they had an intimate scene initiated bye Layfon that contained romantic feelings. Not Nina's reunion in the air which Felli would get a hug to in that circumstance and not even Leerin in this episode. Leerin's hug seemed more like a form of grattitude mixed up with relieve that she was still alive. Bye no means do I want to downplay those scenes but I don't want to overdramatize them either.

We all got our own opinion in the end and if people do think there was more to it, like how I think the Felli - Layfon pairing was the most pushed pairing in the whole series then I'll respect their opinion. And I guess they did leave it awefully ambiguous so each fan can give it the ending they want.

Last edited by seiji_kun; 2009-06-22 at 12:38.
Old 2009-06-22, 12:40   Link #134
TrueKnight

Felli got rejected because 1) she confessed at the worst moment possible where Fon-fon was still emo and blaming himself; 2) like others said, what she had offered were too overly devoted to point of willing to do anything and even die for him. But yea there's still chance for her and heck for any of the girls.

Btw, anyone wanted a replacement for CSR perhaps this would interest you,

Spoiler for Seiken No Blacksmith:

Got it from the Seiken No Blacksmith thread, the main male lead screams 'Layfon' all over him and also armed with a katana. Not to mention a full set of hot chicks.

It'll air sometime this year I think.
Old 2009-06-22, 13:11   Link #135
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Thanks for describing it a little more to detail. Makes remembering it a whole lot easier. I can't denie that it was a rejection, but it hardly felt like me that he told her she had no chance or was struck out for good. I thougth the "that" stould for, I do not wish for a girl who'd sacrifice everything for me to a point that she risks her own health which counting those monster scales would result to cause she would be crazy enough to overexhaust herself for him.
Then if Layfon isn't interested in such a girl, (we never saw any interest on his side) that means it's over for Felli.
Quote:
Intimate scenes initiated, well it's not like the others gave me the vibe that they had an intimate scene initiated bye Layfon that contained romantic feelings. Not Nina's reunion in the air which Felli would get a hug to in that circumstance and not even Leerin in this episode. Leerin's hug seemed more like a form of grattitude mixed up with relieve that she was still alive. Bye no means do I want to downplay those scenes but I don't want to overdramatize them either.
Well, it wasn't Layfon who went to hug her. It was still one sided and Felli can't even say "oh sorry" when she touches Layfon's wound. That's like shooting yourself in the foot. Ultimately, it's nowhere close to other situations with other girls.
Quote:
We all got our own opinion in the end and if people do think there was more to it, like how I think the Felli - Layfon pairing was the most pushed pairing in the whole series then I'll respect their opinion. And I guess they did leave it awefully ambiguous so each fan can give it the ending they want.
Of course, but here being a discussion forum, I'm just speaking my mind as to why I think Felli's chances are next to none. I'm not disrespecting any opinion but if I don't see sufficient basis to them, I'll point out so. That person then can defend their point of view if they can offer valid reasoning. I'll be happy to ponder the issue then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Felli got rejected because 1) she confessed at the worst moment possible where Fon-fon was still emo and blaming himself; 2) like others said, what she had offered were too overly devoted to point of willing to do anything and even die for him.
Or as Occam's Razor proposes, he's just not interested.
Quote:
But yea there's still chance for her and heck for any of the girls.
True, but the probability of those start from the base range of 1%.
Old 2009-06-22, 13:28   Link #136
TrueKnight

I wouldn’t call it lower than 1%. So far Fon-fon is denser than a rock when it comes with interaction with the opposite sex with almost zero romantic interest. Felli had her moments in ep 20-21 when she went missing and Fon-fon has the resolve to save her. Some in the middle of last episode when he listened to her and finally at the last scene.

That said it’s really up to the girls to open the thick head of his in order to have him romantically attracted. That or Fon-fon is actually gay.
Old 2009-06-22, 13:32   Link #137
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Hmm.. I felt the ending was rather boring, to put it simply. No spectacular battle or anything. Anyhow, I guess I'll watch season 2 when/if it comes out, but I won't be looking forward to it much.
Old 2009-06-22, 14:27   Link #138
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

l see no one cares that the only worth mentioning loli shante got a happy ending.

fellis actually has more of a chance in developing her character (shocking isn't it) then ever hooking up with layfon. since layfon's rejection she has only been used as a gag character.
Old 2009-06-22, 14:34   Link #139
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
That said it’s really up to the girls to open the thick head of his in order to have him romantically attracted. That or Fon-fon is actually gay.
Layfon is already commited with Goat-chan! How did you dare forgetting something as important as this?!?

Anyway I think next season Layfon will have another power upgrade: Goat-chan!
So he will have HB + Psyharden Katana + Goat-chan.
The Filth Monsters will pray to not meet him...
Old 2009-06-22, 15:33   Link #140
seiji_kun

Quote:
Then if Layfon isn't interested in such a girl, (we never saw any interest on his side) that means it's over for Felli.
Yeah but that means it's over for all of them, cause I never saw any interest in any of them.

And if I'd follow that mindset, I think he actually would denie every girl like he did with Meishin. The guy just seemed to fucked up to consider a relationship.

Quote:
Well, it wasn't Layfon who went to hug her. It was still one sided and Felli can't even say "oh sorry" when she touches Layfon's wound. That's like shooting yourself in the foot. Ultimately, it's nowhere close to other situations with other girls.
I wasn't talking about after Hiea's second fight with Layfon. More like if Felli would've been in Nina's situation it would've resulted the same way. It wasn't cause he loved Nina romantically, it was cause she was dear to him just like Felli is.

Quote:
Of course, but here being a discussion forum, I'm just speaking my mind as to why I think Felli's chances are next to none. I'm not disrespecting any opinion but if I don't see sufficient basis to them, I'll point out so. That person then can defend their point of view if they can offer valid reasoning. I'll be happy to ponder the issue then.
Same here of course, but just like you don't see there beeing sufficient signs for the Felli - Layfon pairing having the upperhand. I don't see it for the others. And asking to list every reason that I find endorsing the Felli - Layfon pairing is just to much of a hassle tbh. So I'll try to show it in an other way.

- Mei took herself out of the game, such a fool!

- Nina didn't seemed really interested cause she didn't seem to be willing to pursue him. Personally I find them having the most platonic relationship of all since she came more across like a mother then a love candidate.

- Leerin, the biggest problem here is that I don't believe in letters and a long distance relationship. Hell I don't even know if he's romantically interested in her or just view her as a childhood friend or a sister.

- Felli: A tsundere that pursues him to no end. So heavely endorsed that even onii-sama asked what he was planning with his imoto. And like stated bye others, she's his owner.

Quote:
Or as Occam's Razor proposes, he's just not interested.
I won't lie that I am but it's not like I want to go to this extreme lengths to defend it like I've been doing till now. So I do hope this will soon come to a mutual understanding and I don't have to botter all to much anymore.

Btw I do want to add that you were right about the rolling credits, for some kind of reason I remembered it as the typical bonus scenes in a small box in the ED like I've witnessed in so many series / movies. Subconcious playing tricks on me I think, probably have to blame pot for it. Though changes nothing about my opinion.