AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-05-29, 07:41   Link #21
InMyOwnMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
If we were going for realistic isekai babies, all stories would end by chapter 5 with deaths from starvation, monsters, or illness. Let alone the series that end at chapter -1 from miscarriages.

The harem aspect comes up way too soon and I agree half the authors who go the childhood route fail to pull it off by triggering the plot before the MC even hits puberty, though I would be pretty paranoid about training to keep myself alive in such a situation before enjoying my childhood too.

I wouldn't want to be villager A who dies at the average age of 20-30 to goblins, thieves, or war.
You know that he's just talking about behaviorally, most light novel children just don't act like children.

But in defense of these authors, children are highly unpredictable and thus extremely difficult to write believably unless you just hit the same stupid stereotypes again and again. For cases with abnormal circumstances, you really can't expect the children to act like real children, if one is reincarnated and has their adult memories then you can expect them to act much more adult. If a child is say abducted by assassins and trained to be a killing weapon, they would realistically just break down mental which isn't great writing. So children acting like little adults in these stories is just something you're going to have to cope with on some level. It's unavoidable because we wouldn't relate to them otherwise.
InMyOwnMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-30, 23:06   Link #22
dmaxzero

This is the Nth other world OP character story I have read. And the Nth super nice, good person, justice upholder guy as the protagonist. The story is not bad and enjoyable to some extent but...

Tiresome.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-02, 09:17   Link #23
deathstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Like, I get it, this is just normal generic isekai fantasy fluff and it's not really making wrong steps here, per se; in fact I think it's a lot more palatable than many of the other works with similar premise, but...

Spoiler for irrelevant rant:
You probably already have, but if not you should read mushoku tensei. The children act like children (even if a little more mature, but that can be explained by them living in a shitty middle ages world) and everyone sees the MC as being weird because of how mature he is and even then thguy gets a lot of character developement
deathstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 06:40   Link #24
Rasty

So, anybody still reading this? Has the MC reached adoulthood or gotten somwhere with the heroines?
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 06:51   Link #25
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

....I barely even remember what was going on when I last read this. I just know I stopped reading it partway through the serial killer mystery arc because it was dragging on far too long and being extremely boring.
Old 2017-01-15, 09:36   Link #26
sasuke706

Yeah, he's reached adulthood. It basically skipped from his 6 year old self to his 15 year old self (whatever adulthood is), with a lot of stuff apparently happening off screen.
Something about the empire and getting along with a lot of generals or whatever, your typical adventure filler.

But to answer your question, the girls (Maid, dark elf, monster amalgamation girl) are all extremely open about wanting to get into a relationship with him, though.
He actually ran away from them (because dark elf's love is extremely heavy being yandere and all) and decided to finally stop being a bitch about it and finally give out an answer when he sees them again, but naturally things happen and it looks like that's going to get held off.

That said, I like how the protagonist has actual reasons for hesitating for getting into a relationship.
He wants a more casual relationship than what the dark elf wants to have, and he feels more or less like he's brainwashed her via suspension bridge effect when they were younger.
Same with the other two but to a less degree.

But to answer your question, it's going at a fairly slow pace (story wise and especially update wise) so you haven't missed anything much.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 09:44   Link #27
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

.....The maid is actually interested in getting together with him? I recall she disliked him quite a bit and even after the magic swordsman thing, she only respected him, not see him in that way.
Old 2017-01-15, 17:15   Link #28
sasuke706

Yeah, she seems to be the most casual about the whole thing though.
Chapter 140 is basically her and the protagonist flirting, and she doesn't particularly mind being a concubine or whatever.

It was mostly just respect early on, granted he was also a little kid when she respected him.
Not all series can be Commu-nan with adult women falling in love with a baby-and-or-kid.
Old 2017-04-30, 09:07   Link #29
Lionhaart

Judging from comments here looks like he didn't unseal pioneer elf girl yet even though he had convenient means to do so , he didn't do so even after writing massive nonsense info dumps about :-

"ahh 1shaving = 1mm bla bla bla ahh it regenerates bla bla bla cant we fukin open a wild tunnel to save elf chan bla bla bla some elf monkey went berserk after 7 months shaving bla bla bla I can do it for 25400 times in 24 hours bla bla progress if I do this for 40 days I will be able to this and that about 1 metre bla bla , again in fairy helmet times is slower bla bla I'll do it in 3 years 4 months bla bla but again I have to come once in month bla bla bla bla
[[[[-to be continued]]]]]

That's really disappointing , looks like it was useless to reach chapter 68 after successfully fighting over ultra massive wild info dumps only to find that elf chan flag didn't trigger
Lionhaart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-30, 11:47   Link #30
sasuke706

^No, she gets freed.
She's not important at all so she never shows up anyway.
Old 2017-04-30, 13:07   Link #31
Lionhaart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
^No, she gets freed.
She's not important at all so she never shows up anyway.

-facepalm- so that's how it is
uwaa I underestimated author he had bigger trick up his sleeve to disappointment me

What I wished for = mc using no fatigue day and night for year > unseal pioneer elf > "oww you really saved me! Ehh??? you used dimensional chisel for year to unseal crystal only for my sake? Unbelievable!!!" > pioneer elf chan joins harem = GET!

R.i.p expectations

Last edited by Lionhaart; 2017-04-30 at 13:27.
Old 2017-04-30, 13:25   Link #32
sasuke706

There was a trick involved with her freedom, for what it counts. The author tried (really hard at that) to pull a lot of whammies during the mystery arc.
It's just she's clearly not a main character. Freeing her didn't come with some great plot advancement or anything.
Most of the protagonist's communications with her is through his fairy companion that's been with him since the start.
Old 2017-04-30, 13:42   Link #33
Lionhaart

I see , so it's just simple communication huh well I wouldn't have expected her to be main heroine or had gotten my hopes up if she wasn't displayed on cover picture of this series (in middle at that)

This reminds me of case when there was huge backlash in japan when they marketed Alisha as main heroine in painting of tales of zestria game and then later you find out that her appearance (screentime) is temporary just for few minutes and she makes appearance later at ending of game LoL

pioneer elf is probably gonna appear at end fighting -.-
Old 2017-05-01, 13:21   Link #34
GodTurtleOm

Does the story ever pick up again after the mystery arc? Last year back when I was reading it I skipped 7 or so chapters in the middle of that arc and felt like I missed little of value. Oddly enough, it was sasuke706 I was conversing with back in the narou thread as well.

Spoiler for Sasuke's mostly non-spoiler post concerning the mystery arc:

The only thing that would make the mystery arc semi-tolerable to me would have been if there was a wide area effect over the city that completely disabled his appraisal ability. If, in a Sherlock Holmes story, Watson had the ability to look at a corpse and know the person's name and cause of death, or any random object and instantly know a great deal of information about it, it would be pretty damn annoying if he never used the ability and just ran around and watched Sherlock as people were dying around them. I think the end of the arc had 5-7 "big reveals", but I'm not sure if any of them were good.
GodTurtleOm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-01, 14:04   Link #35
sasuke706

No, it doesn't really pick up after it. Or more like the author's been updating extremely slowly since.
The next big plot has been set up and now it's just at the waiting for updates stage. So even if you started reading the newest arc, you'd just get blueballed right before anything starts.

Yeah, there was like 5 "reveals" but like I said above, it was basically just the author trying really hard to throw out whammy after whammy.
AKA he's a try-hard.
Old 2017-05-01, 14:18   Link #36
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

....I guess it's a good thing I never got back to reading this after stopping partway through the mystery arc. It just became way too cumbersome and a bore to keep reading that arc. >.>
Old 2017-09-24, 01:32   Link #37
Valky
Radioactive

It's completed, apparently.

Just a heads up, since I don't really read much of this series.
Old 2017-09-24, 01:46   Link #38
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^How did it end?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-24, 01:51   Link #39
Valky
Radioactive

Err, I don't know. I only read first dozen chapters or so.
Old 2017-09-24, 02:33   Link #40
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Wew

So I read the ending and epilogues

Spoiler:
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, reincarnation