AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-24, 11:21   Link #821
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

That's why as SEASON 2 is needed o correct the problems!!

And no more fucking steam!! This aint no Girls Bravo!!
Old 2011-09-24, 11:27   Link #822
ion475
にこにこにー

Overall, it's a nice short series. The pacing is just...weird, though...

As far as animation quality - I thought I'm watching Gundam SEED Destiny for awhile XD with the amount of stock footage, flashback, etc. But I guess without a high budget, creating a basketball anime is just not easy.

As far as Season 2 - this is Dengeki novel, which tend to get 2nd seasons anyway...

To conclude - Tomoka is Tomoka as I expected (HanaKana is fairly consistent), Hina surprised and it's still weird to think that she and Alice from KamiMemo is voiced by the same person (Especially since I always watch them back to back...)
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 11:33   Link #823
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
I guess episode 12 was alright. Their chances of winning was 50/50 imo, so I guess the I could live with it that they lost.

Kinda feel that Hina and Mokan got the short end of the stick when Maho, Saki and Airi all got a date with Subaru. I think Hina got the worst thing ever. getting to sit on Subaru's shoulders to wipe the windows.... Mokan's daily practice with Subaru is alright I guess, but they could have went on a date or something. Maybe a date with Aoi would be kinda cool.
Old 2011-09-24, 11:35   Link #824
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Back to back, that would be weird but considering the darker nature of Kami Memo, RKB is a nice pick me up.

While Aoi is far from my favourite character cause well I prefer Tomoka and the kids are just such a fun bunch. There were a few things I liked about her, the way she helped Airi was good and showed more of her good side. Secondly her VA. Kana Itou is win, and reminds so much about Elsie when she sulks at Subaru, which I find really humourous.
Old 2011-09-24, 11:38   Link #825
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

the basketball match is very entertaining to watch
Saki's playmaker role, Tomoka's shoot, Maho's provocation, Hinata's back shoot.. xD, and Airi's role as center

the conclusion is just very........ nice....
the girls will do anything to Subaru??? omg.... Tron and Saintess will be very jealous... xD

8/10 overall
I don't really like lolicon show but this show is ..o~~kay.. xD
I need more Aoi...... I want season 2 please.....
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 13:28   Link #826
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Subaru is defintely a lolicon
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 13:40   Link #827
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm not sure how they got "Basket should be fun" as a lesson. "Don't be arrogant" would have fit a lot better.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 14:03   Link #828
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Its refreshing to see the "You may not be the champion of the world, but there will be more challenges on the continuing adventure that is life" ending in recent anime. That has not happend in a LONG time since Yuyu Hakusho and Slam Dunk ended.
Old 2011-09-24, 14:10   Link #829
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Its refreshing to see the "You may not be the champion of the world, but there will be more challenges on the continuing adventure that is life" ending in recent anime. That has not happend in a LONG time since Yuyu Hakusho and Slam Dunk ended.
You might wanna try watching Hungry Heart: Wild Striker
Old 2011-09-24, 16:16   Link #830
Undertaker

Quote:
I don't know if those two are the right comparison. Yusuke is pretty damn strong in the end, just barely losing the championship match. While not winning the summer inter-high, Shohoku knocks off the undefeated champion in Sannoh, which was widely regarded as the strongest in their school history.

So while I agree that it been a while to have main character/team finish a series with a lost in anime, it's really not that long, more like 2-3 years. Bamboo Blade came up to mind for me right away. Ahiru no Sora also came up my mind if expands to manga, poor team, 30 volumes in and they are still searching for that elusive first official win when they are really not a bad team. (their only win come in a practice match against a local seniors' team)
Old 2011-09-24, 16:40   Link #831
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I've rarely seen a final episode this badly animated. They've wasted all their budget on the fanservice scenes, haven't they? Incidentally, I was surprised there wasn't another bath scene in this one. Of course, we still got some other lolicious scenes in this episode (see Eroking's gif), it wouldn't 69 club otherwise.

Tomoka needs to stop saying she'd do anything for Subaru. If this were any other anime, Subaru would have taken advantage of her already. In a way, that's what he's done. The guy obviously has a jump shot fetish.

The girls losing the game was unexpected. I thought anime physics stated a ball thrown during the final 10 seconds of a match would inevitably end up in the hoop. While it's a pity that they lost, it was definitely a valuable experience for them. It might even have taught them more than a victory would have at this point. This defeat would only increase their motivation to win.

Overall, it was a decent but forgettable series. 6/10.
Old 2011-09-24, 17:21   Link #832
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Oh man they lost, oh well. Aoi even questioned what Tomoka meant when she said she practiced with a tall person every day. Lol Soi walking into practice with Subaru stuck in that position with the girls.
Old 2011-09-24, 22:01   Link #833
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm not sure how they got "Basket should be fun" as a lesson. "Don't be arrogant" would have fit a lot better.
Or it's actually like, "Stop being Arrogant Kung Fu Guys and Stop Having Fun Guys."
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 23:00   Link #834
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I have a strange... yet strong attraction towards Saki... especially with her hair down with the goggles lol
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 23:06   Link #835
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Can't blame you: She does have the sexy voice of Hisaka Yoko, who also gave us the voice of uber-sexy Akiyama Mio from K-ON!!
Old 2011-09-24, 23:07   Link #836
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
'Basketball' can mean anything you want it to be

That said guys, my basketball is stronger than your basketball !
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 05:49   Link #837
mechdra

I think I will take some time to forget such a series. It had been a decent series and I do hope for season 2. By the looks of it, another 4 volume of the light novel need to be published before we get season 2. From what I can see, things will be much hotter especially volume 6.

Could someone give a summary of volume 6 to 8 of the light novel.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 08:20   Link #838
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I have a strange... yet strong attraction towards Saki... especially with her hair down with the goggles lol
Quote:
Can't blame you: She does have the sexy voice of Hisaka Yoko, who also gave us the voice of uber-sexy Akiyama Mio from K-ON!!
Exactly, not to mention she was able come up with the combo of apron + swimsuit at such a young age, the future is looking bright for her.
Old 2011-09-25, 10:09   Link #839
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Tomoka needs to stop saying she'd do anything for Subaru. If this were any other anime, Subaru would have taken advantage of her already. In a way, that's what he's done. The guy obviously has a jump shot fetish.
That made my day .

Anyway, a decent series, I will be surprised if there was a second season though.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 11:26   Link #840
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Decent serie, liked the slice of life parts well balanced with the sport ones. This serie was a pleasure to watch and was well written.

6/10, because as always for serie from ongoing light novels the ending was open and not resolutive. 7/10 if they will made a season 2.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basketball, ecchi, loli