AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-12-06, 23:28   Link #5881
sky black swordman

The Raiders are going to loss(as expected).
I see the Raiders making some offseason moves on the OL.
Old 2012-12-06, 23:37   Link #5882
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
The Raiders are going to loss(as expected).
I see the Raiders making some offseason moves on the OL.
Hence why I'm making noise about The Raiders trying to sign Cliff Avril and Glen Dorsey.

EDIT, oh wait I you were talking about The Defense. The OL's main problems have been Greg Knapp, injury, and inexperience. I think they're actually starting to gel a bit, but O-Lines need chemistry to work, and that's something that takes time to build up.

Last edited by FDW; 2012-12-07 at 00:09.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 01:55   Link #5883
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Denver could get an AFC bye at this rate. They are in great form.
Old 2012-12-07, 17:57   Link #5884
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Denver could get an AFC bye at this rate. They are in great form.
Well, the Patriots have the Texans and 49ers. Both home games, coming up. The Ravens are on course to faltering, being banged up and all. So, hey. That might just come down to Broncos @ Ravens.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 19:38   Link #5885
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Well, the Patriots have the Texans and 49ers. Both home games, coming up. The Ravens are on course to faltering, being banged up and all. So, hey. That might just come down to Broncos @ Ravens.
I'm assuming the Pats will go 1-1 in those games and end the season at 12-4 after beating Jacksonville away and Miami at home. The Ravens need to get past the resurgent Redskins and RG3 in DC this weekend before you can start thinking about the Broncos. After that they get the Giants, and I wouldn't count Cincy out either. They could easily be 10-6. I see the Texans losing to us and splitting with Indy to finish at 13-3. I doubt they will fall all the way to 12-4.

Apparently Flacco's QB rating in away games this season is under thirty. I presume we're done talking about whether he is "elite" or not by now. Eli, on the other hand, looks like the real deal, though I didn't see the last half of the loss to the 'Skins. In the first half Manning made some impressive plays when he had the Washington defense up close and personal.

Pretty good job of scheduling for the Sunday and Monday night games. Pats-Texans this Monday night and Pats-Niners the following Sunday night. You can all tune in and root against us. I don't mind. Knock yourselves out, and we'll talk again next month.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 22:49   Link #5886
Samari
World's Greatest

The Patriots made the Super Bowl during the 1996 season, not 1997.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 00:30   Link #5887
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Tom Brady is just too pretty for me to take seriously. I don't know what I'd do if I lived in Boston. Probably hate myself.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 09:08   Link #5888
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Tom Brady is just too pretty for me to take seriously. I don't know what I'd do if I lived in Boston. Probably hate myself.
While your feet remain warm and snuggy in your pair of Uggs.

On the westbound side of the Massachusetts Turnpike that goes through downtown Boston, there is a building alongside the highway with a Brady/Uggs ad showing a photograph of our boy about four or five stories tall. Apparently there are similar images in New York and Los Angeles.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 11:14   Link #5889
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Wow, ugg boots are hipster now? Seriously, we've been wearing them in Australia for decades and they were never a hipster item.

So San Diego begin the purge. Necessary, but...are they even going to have a team in San Diego at this rate?

Indy are 8-4...another 2 wins and that wildcard is theirs.

Looking at the NFC standings...the amusing thing is it is actually possible for 2 teams from the NFC East to make it to the playoffs. With Seattle and NY Giants only one game ahead of a massive logjam of teams at 6-6 including Dallas and Washington, NFC is still wide open. Would love for Tampa Bay to somehow make it.
Old 2012-12-08, 20:29   Link #5890
Samari
World's Greatest

Asian girls love UGG boots. That much is true.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-12-08, 20:58   Link #5891
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Asian girls love UGG boots. That much is true.
But Tom Brady is neither Asian nor a girl.
Old 2012-12-08, 21:05   Link #5892
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
But Tom Brady is neither Asian nor a girl.
Never said only Asians wear UGG boots o.O

I just mentioned they love them.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-12-08, 21:39   Link #5893
sky black swordman

So Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel became the first freshman to win Heisman Trophy. Good for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
So San Diego begin the purge. Necessary, but...are they even going to have a team in San Diego at this rate?
Norv Turner and AJ Smith will be fired at season's end? That's a given.
Oh, yeah SD does have the highest chance of moving to LA.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2012-12-08 at 21:56.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 14:50   Link #5894
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Such a weird day so far. Most of the teams I dislike and/or thought were for sure going to loose currently have leads.

I mean...Carolina up by 23?!! lol

Also, I realize my Bears aren't seeming to fix their dysfunctional offense any time soon, but losing to what is possibly the worst (or second worst, have to give worst to Sanchez), starting QB in the NFL is hard to swallow. C'mon guys. You know Ponder is never going to beat anyone with that arm of his. Stop Peterson already!

Edit: I want to cry.

Also, how many come-back victories does Luck have now? I'd love to see how that kid plays if he had an actual O-line.

That said, Russel ******* Wilson. Anyone else think he might be more deserving of rookie of the year than either Luck or RGIII? Especially considering the team he's on and the round he was drafted in? He's eating Arizona alive today, and after a shaky start to the season, is really turning into quite the QB (as I write this, there's an 80 point differential between his passer rating and Skelton's, lol). I loved the guy when he was at Wisconsin, but never in a million years thought he'd be a successful NFL QB. It's not even a full year yet, but damn. I'm so happy for the guy, though that happiness is blunted by how his success makes Pete Carroll look good. I hate Carroll.
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2012-12-09 at 17:39.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 18:28   Link #5895
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Do my eyes deceive me or did Atlanta get dumped by Carolina?! San Diego beat Piitsburgh? Philadelphia beat Tampa Bay? Washington beat Baltimore? Dallas beat Cincinatti? Minnesota beat Chicago? Seattle are up 45-0 early in the 3rd against Arizona?! (Seattle winning not the shock but the margin with that much time left....), St. Louis beat Buffalo?

And don't look now but Indy are 9-4 and won in a week the teams they're in the race for the wildcard for all lost. And that crazy NFC gets even more intense with only Tampa Bay losing in that logjam for the final wildcard and the trio in the wacky NFC East all winning.

As for 'his first name is Russel, last name Wilson', I think we get why he was chosen so quickly over Matt Flynn.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-12-09 at 18:50.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 18:28   Link #5896
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Well, the Bills managed to throw away yet another winnable game. At the very least, the coach may have given himself more reason to be outed with some of his ridiculous lines he told the press. Such gems include saying the aborted field goal was a result of "not knowing the fg would have been 52 yards instead of 50", the subsequent time out was called because he was "afraid they would snap the ball instead of taking a delay of game", and Spiller only got 7 touches because "it was Fred Jackson's turn". I can't believe this guy still has a job.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 22:42   Link #5897
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Damn, the past few weeks have really changed me as a fan. I went into the season liking The Niners more than the Raiders, and now because of the QB debacle in SF I've gotten into The Raiders way more.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 22:54   Link #5898
GDB

I didn't mind the Ravens losing, since I expected it, but we took too many injuries. Probably not as serious as what the Redskins got (unless Ray Rice's hip pointer ends up being serious), but still. Not a pretty day for either team.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 23:39   Link #5899
Kyuu
=^^=

Today is a sad day for DA BEARS... and with the upcoming game next week... a spot in the playoffs is at stake vs the division crown.
Old 2012-12-10, 21:00   Link #5900
sky black swordman

Texans VS Patriots is on now.

And the NE drew first blood. 7-0.

Matt Schaub throws a INT. The end result 7 more. 14-0

Edit: Now its 21-0. This game is looking like a blow out.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2012-12-10 at 21:25.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports