AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-02, 13:57   Link #14721
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Maybe that race already lives in something of accelerated time? Not in the literal since, but they've started to evolve faster than the average human?
Evolving faster won't let them manufacture things any faster than other people. For example, they might think, move and act twice as fast as normal humans, it won't make any difference when it comes to doing things like cutting metal. It'll take the cutting torch the same amount of time to cut the same amount of metal, even if a person lives twice faster than another.

Quote:
Or maybe a cosmic entity caused a time dilation? By entity I don't mean like an alien, but maybe a Singularity type event - the kind that can't be reproduced?
Time compression. Dilation is the opposite of the effect you want. There was an episode of ST:Voyager where the ship encountered a world similar to what you want. centuries passed on the planet while the ship observed them for mere days. It could work. The only problem is that the TSAB ship that discovered the world would almost certainly have reported the time-compression effect around the planet as well. The next fleets sent would be expecting trouble, big trouble.
It seems to me that your biggest problem is that you had first contact too recent, making it impossible to make this world a credible threat without time-compression. If you could allow a few decades between first contact and the war, you wouldn't need the effect.
Old 2007-11-02, 13:58   Link #14722
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
First word - *r*ss
Second word - *r*lls
It's not "dress" and "frills," is it? *has no idea why I think so"
Old 2007-11-02, 14:04   Link #14723
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Evolving faster won't let them manufacture things any faster than other people. For example, they might think, move and act twice as fast as normal humans, it won't make any difference when it comes to doing things like cutting metal. It'll take the cutting torch the same amount of time to cut the same amount of metal, even if a person lives twice faster than another.

Time compression. Dilation is the opposite of the effect you want. There was an episode of ST:Voyager where the ship encountered a world similar to what you want. centuries passed on the planet while the ship observed them for mere days. It could work. The only problem is that the TSAB ship that discovered the world would almost certainly have reported the time-compression effect around the planet as well. The next fleets sent would be expecting trouble, big trouble.
It seems to me that your biggest problem is that you had first contact too recent, making it impossible to make this world a credible threat without time-compression. If you could allow a few decades between first contact and the war, you wouldn't need the effect.
The problem for me is that I didn't know when the TSAB was able to efficiently produce and utilitze space ships and space travel. Originally I wanted first contact to be much sooner, before the MC calender even started, but I didn't know the original start of space travel. Before the talk of blue/green/yellow zones, I wanted Erusia to be frighteningly close to Midchilda, probably halfway between Belka and Midchilda (Belka IS a planet, right?); this is why the threat to glass Midchilda could be very real.
Old 2007-11-02, 14:14   Link #14724
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Sipher: "Like I've said, I'm sure the Knight's test would be much safer "
By far

Quote:
The problem for me is that I didn't know when the TSAB was able to efficiently produce and utilitze space ships and space travel. Originally I wanted first contact to be much sooner, before the MC calender even started, but I didn't know the original start of space travel. Before the talk of blue/green/yellow zones, I wanted Erusia to be frighteningly close to Midchilda, probably halfway between Belka and Midchilda (Belka IS a planet, right?); this is why the threat to glass Midchilda could be very real.
Belka was a planet/world, but according to Scagletti, it was destroyed by the Cradle.
All that's left is the self-administered Belka area in North Mid-Childa, where the Saint Church is.
Old 2007-11-02, 14:22   Link #14725
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally I wanted first contact to be much sooner, before the MC calender even started, but I didn't know the original start of space travel.
The current calendar was inaugrated with the building of the TSAB HQ in dimensional space. That means they had advanced transdimensional nagivation technology over 75 years ago. That kind of tech base takes even more decades to build, during which time, there would be plenty of scouting missions. It's safe to say you'd have decades to work with. All you need is a reason why there was no second mission until recently.

Quote:
I wanted Erusia to be frighteningly close to Midchilda, probably halfway between Belka and Midchilda (Belka IS a planet, right?); this is why the threat to glass Midchilda could be very real.
Which Belka? The one that was at war with Midchilda 150 years ago and now only exists as the Belka SAR where the Saint Church is located? That's on Midchilda itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Belka was a planet/world, but according to Scagletti, it was destroyed by the Cradle.
Perhaps, but I prefer not to take his line too literally. I think he meant it wiped out their civilization. Still, if you are correct, it means Midchilda and Belka were conducting a transdimensional war over 300 years ago. Even more time to establish a tech base for Kagerou to use.

Last edited by Jimmy C; 2007-11-02 at 14:33.
Old 2007-11-02, 14:32   Link #14726
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Quote:
The current calendar was inaugrated with the building of the TSAB HQ in dimensional space. That means they had advanced transdimensional nagivation technology over 75 years ago. That kind of tech based takes even more decades to build, during which time, there would be plenty of scouting missions. It's safe to say you'd have decades to work with. All you need is a reason why there was no second mission until recently.

Which Belka? The one that was at war with Midchilda 150 years ago and now only exists as the Belka SAR where the Saint Church is located? That's on Midchilda itself.
Aha, well that makes things a lot easier.
The reason there was a lack of second mission to Erusia would be because of the barrier theory. They saw the planet, sure, but it was locked in its own bubble for several decades.

And by Belka I mean the planet that asploded.
Old 2007-11-02, 14:40   Link #14727
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagerou View Post
The reason there was a lack of second mission to Erusia would be because of the barrier theory. They saw the planet, sure, but it was locked in its own bubble for several decades.
You're not still trying to put up a time-compression field around the planet, are you? I'm trying to give you extra decades to work with so that you can do away with that.
If you're talking about some kind of anti-invasion planetary shield. It might be possible, but they'd need years and a lot of manpower to make it happen. Even then, it would be based on stolen TSAB magitech, that they'd know how to penetrate. So that wouldn't give you the decades you'd need.
Old 2007-11-02, 15:05   Link #14728
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Quote:
You're not still trying to put up a time-compression field around the planet, are you? I'm trying to give you extra decades to work with so that you can do away with that.
No that idea is scrapped.

Quote:
If you're talking about some kind of anti-invasion planetary shield. It might be possible, but they'd need years and a lot of manpower to make it happen. Even then, it would be based on stolen TSAB magitech, that they'd know how to penetrate. So that wouldn't give you the decades you'd need.
No this is hearkening back to the idea of the kind of barrier that doesn't let stuff in, i.e. Wolkenritter barriers. Of course, there's that problem of a planet, and it's hard to create planetary shielding.

Of course, there's that whole idea of "You don't step in our lawn, we don't step in yours." Perhaps after that first fit of violence (Ramza), and the acquisition of TSAB technology, both sides were willing to not fight each other at first.

The problem with this is that Erusians, raised and trained for war, would have a very loose concept of peace. Perhaps the real outbreak of war was a TSAB delegation asking if they wanted to become an administrated world. Erusians misinterpreted "administrated" as a form of slavery, and killed the delegation.

This is actually a much more likely scenario. After the initial cease-fire, there would be, say, a good five or six decades for the Erusians to become mostly literate, reverse-engineer TSAB technology, mass-produce weak mages, and prepare themselves for war. The "Peace Through Superior Firepower" theory.

And also, given the Erusian's already massive quantity of conventional weapons, is it too farfetched to say that the Erusian's first "Defensive Action" upon the TSAB's first counterattack to be a mass wave of nuclear weapons?
Old 2007-11-02, 17:56   Link #14729
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

Speaking of which...

'courage' would be more accurate.
Lowe had responded with 'courage' but that wasn't the answer Chaos was looking for.

Quote:
Because we could -=[beep]=- her up in -=[beep]=-.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
"Because we could dress her up in frills."

How does this relate to the statement you replied to?

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2007-11-02, 19:49   Link #14730
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
So he's not being honest as usual.
Spoiler for Brief flashback: After the test:

It's because of this test, that Jeno became protective of her... Not overdoing it of course, but he does take it very personally...

Though because he never told her about it, Spica assumed that he was thankful for surviving the test,

"...Still... Alive..."

But in truth...

Quote:

Speaking of which...

Because of his screwed up memories and mentality, Lance breeze through the third stage He was abit bumpy with the second stage, but he did rather horribly for the first... Having too much trouble in the first 10 metres.

Because of his family training, Cero was a pro at handling large number of enemies coming in all directions... And it also helps that he has a very strong will to live. He has much problem on the third stage with his mother, but was BARELY able to remain calm in the second stage, nearly dying twice.

Quote:
'courage' would be more accurate.
Nah, I believe that 'faith' is a better answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
And we have a winner

Quote:
By far
So have you decided what she'll look like? Your administrator?

Quote:

Because Keroko's is out cold

And we get to undress her.... THEN put her in a goth outfit, with TONS of frills

Just to see what happens
Old 2007-11-02, 20:33   Link #14731
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Alright this crap has gone on far enough. -_-

*Drops his anti-hax limiters and powes up*

Quote:
Whoo I guess the phrase Time Flux was the wrong phrase to use. When I mentioned this, I was thinking something more along the lines of the spells used in MSLN and MSLN A's. The freeze spell that seemed to stop/vanish everything within a local area. My take on this is that rather than stop everything around Nanoha/Fate/Wolkenritter, it sped them up to incredible levels (similar to the Time Stop spell in D&D), but on a much, much, larger level. A planetary level spell like this would take many mages and probably cause more than a few sacrifices along the way.
Already pointed out to be something completely different temporal manipulation is UTTERLY unsupported by canon. It's even mentioned to have something to do with "phase" a common sci-fi cliche to make stuff invisible (Stargate has done it like 50 times so has trek)

Quote:
Well it's hard for me to put a technological level on this society, given the fact that their military technology is sufficiently advanced (I'm not saying they were using mecha or beam cannons, but they're much more advanced than, say, the U.S.'s military tech is). It wouldn't be too hard to emulate Mid-Childan technology, considering that in my head (and something I failed to mention) is that the Erusians are imitative rather than innovative, and most advances in technology occurred from the other nations on the planet. Tossing a Mid-Childan ship, even a wonky little patrol craft, would be a major boon to them, considering that before this their scientists were already reverse-engineering stuff.
Irrelevant to the ability to reserve engineer something in fact would be badly HURT by this as to have the ability to reverse engineer something you first must understand it and apparently these guys can barely think for themselves so their chances of unlocking and understanding totally alien systems are thus vastly reduced and they’re the worst possible people to attempt it. Reverse engineering requires nearly as much or even MORE skill and innovation then original engineering unless you already have the tech, and if you already have it the question then becomes why bother?

Quote:
As for the ship-killing devices - well, all they were doing was launching Sub-Orbital Ballistic Missiles at the Ramza, equipped with nuclear warheads, and there was already a satellite-laser system in place (primitive to Mid-Childan standards, but compare raw energy to refined energy).
The idea that near future missiles with AT MOST a few G accelration could catch and hit a space craft that can break orbit of an earth like planet at will and probably cross solar systems in a finite time is moronic beyond words. All it would need to due to evade is turn away and light it's engines and watch the missiles fall away behind it.

That a near future laser gird probably packing at most a few megawatts of power could damage a shielded warship that can unleash enough energy to annihilate an area 100 kilometers is equally insane. Nothing that earth is likely to build in the next hundred years is likely to be of ANY use is shooting down even low end sci-fi spacecraft.

These along with other arguments shows you to be afflicted with a profound lack of sense of scale IMO.

Quote:
Had the Ramza not accidentally interfered with Erusia, all of the major players would have inevitably collapsed within ten years. During the 100-year Flux, it's easy to assume that 3 to 4 generations would have come and gone. Using a more "unified" base, it took Erusia about forty years to become literate, reverse-engineer, and develop their first space craft. In sixty years time, through planning and research, they finally developed their own fleet. Nonetheless, when the TSAB and Erusian fleets met, the Erusian ships still looked more or less like TSAB ships.
I've already covered how unlikely even this time table is, but it's moot as the entire idea of a time alternating feild is bunk.

Quote:
And also, just how long is the average space Cruiser? Normally I think something along the lines of Star Wars-lengthed ships.
Then we're talking at least 500 meters, up to 800 is still classed as a "cruiser" Volume, what determines mass, easier much faster then length though and so by the time you got up to the larger end of that you'd be looking at possible dozens of times the internal areas of a modern super carrier.

Quote:
1) The Ramza entered the atmosphere and crash-landed in the middle of the Erusian continent. When the Erusians launched their ballistic missiles, they originally intended to destroy the "offending fly", but a lucky strike damaged their... hyperdrive? Warp core? Dimensional gate? Whatever they use to travel rapidly. After they realized the ship wasn't going anywhere, they deliberately waited for the ship to enter the lower atmosphere - the crew was intending on crash-landing somewhere far, far away from natives - and then blasted it out of the sky.
Yes because clearly they wouldn't hold orbit and await a relief ship from their vast space navy that might well at best be a few days away... They also clealy wouldn't send a distress signal, beam down to some abandoned inland and then leave the ship in orbit or even set it on an automated course into deep space, no clearly they'd just crash land it on the planet full of savage natives.

Quote:
2)The Ramza's on-board computers. The Erusians themselves (the race, not the planet) were already 85-90% inherently magical, which to me is a huge number (perhaps due to something that occurred long ago; Ancient Erusian architecture is frighteningly similar to ancient Midchildan architecture, and smack in the middle of one of the continents is a country named Belka.
More fucking hax, 90% magical=INSTANT fail magic is rare end of fucking story this fails as well.

Quote:
Similar to some 3rd-World countries, the Erusians can "mass-produce" mages. However, these mages are much lower in rank than your average TSAB mage, hence the semi-reliance on conventional weapons.
mages can't be mass produced they can be trained, but not produced and not many people seem to have what it takes, end of story.

Quote:
4) They might, but somehow I don't think they would. I'm sure some regulation or another would stop them. Or honor. *shrug*
Yeah I mean all you did was shot down one of their ships, and threaten their capital I'm sure they'd be perfectly willing to abide by a treaty with a tiny spec that had the gale to threaten them.

They're dead within a week as the TSAB rallys perhaps 5% of it's navy and crushes them like bugs on a windsheild.

Quote:
Which makes no sense then, if it was so close not only would it have been explored before, but large numbers of naval units would have been nearby to one recuse the first ship and two mass a signficant fleet and destroy them the second time. Being close works both ways, it puts you closer to importatnt assets, but it puts you closer to his forces as well, and if his forces are vastly larger then your that works rather badly in his favor.

Quote:
Aha, well that makes things a lot easier.

And by Belka I mean the planet that asploded.
The time field or barrier is as said repeatedly bullshit and Belka was probably never an actual planet.

Quote:
No that idea is scrapped.

No this is hearkening back to the idea of the kind of barrier that doesn't let stuff in, i.e. Wolkenritter barriers. Of course, there's that problem of a planet, and it's hard to create planetary shielding.
Like it probably being impossible and also those barrier being vulnerable to simply being blasted down, the TSAB could simply park above it and bombard down the sheild.

Quote:
Of course, there's that whole idea of "You don't step in our lawn, we don't step in yours." Perhaps after that first fit of violence (Ramza), and the acquisition of TSAB technology, both sides were willing to not fight each other at first.
More likely the TSAB says give us back the tech and join our goverment or we start bombing in 5 minutes. They have no reason to tolrate a bunch of militant assholes in their own backyard.

Quote:
And also, given the Erusian's already massive quantity of conventional weapons, is it too farfetched to say that the Erusian's first "Defensive Action" upon the TSAB's first counterattack to be a mass wave of nuclear weapons?
Yes it is becasue those weapons would never hit anything.

This entire idea is retarded a single planet doesn’t dictate terms to an interstellar empire that isn’t how it works, and it sure as hell doesn’t threaten said empire and expect to live!

You have some pissant backwater effectively standing off the TSAB, that’s ludicrous Hax, yes you can have hax on a cultural level too. The TSAB is an empire controlling probably hundred of planets. The best they could hope for would be to make an invasion not worth the effort and sign some kind of treaty to allow them to exist vaguely autonomously, any attempt to acutally a threaten or fight a state hundreds of times their size is going to result in an ass raping that makes what the US navy did to Iran in the late 80s look like a pitched battle. The lesson here is simple: don't fuck with superpowers. They certainly won't be allowed to keep the ships though and any insistence that they do so makes the TSAB shrug and destroy them. A planet like this could ONLY exist in some far off area not worth the effort of invading and living with the Sword of Damocles hanging over it at all times, one misstep that makes it to big an annoyance and the TSAB crushes it.

It all boils down to this: SINGLE PLANETS DON'T FIGHT OFF ENTIRE EMPIRES.

The best they can do is hope to be ignored.
Old 2007-11-02, 20:48   Link #14732
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
song ATM: Sega Saturn, Shiro! (SEGATA SANSHIRO!!!!)

Quote:
More cosplay madness. And a rival aproaches?
And he's a blast from Armstrong's past, too.

=======================

Quote:

Of course it would vary if it was a man
It would be a MANLY handshake instead of a kiss
*runs*
How does a MANLY handshake look like? Does it include lots of punches and acupuncture attacks?

Quote:
Who the heck are you talking about?

Have to name it...maybe a car's name...
Fiat? Or maybe this
*runs*
Miata's already used (Annabelle's Device. )

=================

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Geez... Sem Break may be rest for most, but more work for me
True.

sem break sucks for me, because I can't make myself busy at home.

Quote:
(In unrelated news, why is REC so goddamn freaking made of God, Win and Absolute Awesome? )
You watch it, too? Aka-chan is cute, isn't she? :3
Quote:
Since 2007

Quote:
Shinnosuke is going Kamen Rider!
Actually, that's one of his students.

Need to write down her profile ASAP.

Quote:
SUN AND LUNAR GRAVITATION!!!!!!!
KING YUUNODAS!!!!! bow:
Nyoro~ Amy?
And... BARAN DOBAN?!?!?!?!?!

WINRAR

So Hikki's back to being a man now? Good scene with his wife there

Also, @ Kay's Fried Rice

I smell imminent JIMBA ITTAI!!!!
Aura/Freya = OC Thread's Sun & Lunar

All hail the king!

Well, Chrono-kun is Kyon, right?

Yeah, Hikki's back to being a man (but he won't appear during Armstrong/Baran duel for.... personal matters.

You don't say it!

*sees Pferde Trombe on the cliff, silhouetted by sunset*

====================

Quote:
Spoiler for Destroyers' Initiation...:

No human, can survive this, I Guarantee it.
That's so evil.

===============

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Kha: Hm. Hm-hm-hm... Hmhmhm... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Cipher: Finally lost it, haven't you?

Kha: No... I'm laughing at what a sick joke this is.

Cipher: It is funny isn't it? I enjoy it a lot myself.

Kha: It's on you this time. I'm not completely human.

Cipher: ...what?!

Kha: You're forgetting another thing: My mother is already dead... The Kia we see now is but another being bearing part of her memories born into my mother's robotic body, like it has been doing for countless cycles since Alhazred...

No one can bring back the dead for real, Cipher. Not me, not even you. And to succeed is to first curse the dead and soon curse all of the living...

If this is a fake, then my apologies, your feeble cries have no effect on me. Fear not, for I will deliver you to a better place.

If you really are Mother, then it is you I smite, Cipher. Returning her soul to the Naaru will then be my duty as her son.

(raises whip. Magic circle explodes out from under him, gathering blazing light and blinding everything. The dull hum and jingle of the Naaru can be heard. Tears start to run down Kha's face)

Kha: Defeating you...

Tausend Kreuz: [Avenging Zorn!]

Kha: WILL BE MY ACT OF LOVE!

*the illusion is shattered by blinding light.*
*cries manly tears in a sudden*

===================

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
SKY RIDER!?

Finally someone gets the reference!
====================

Quote:
Super Old School indeed
But it is so awesome I can't resist making a tribute to it.

Quote:

If S&W even got the initiative to join this initiation (which they'd never even consider in a lifetime), it'd mean they'd totally crossed over, and that means...

Spoiler for Disturbing...:

...Uhm, yeah...

*shudders*

Smith, Wesson, omae ra...

==================

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
I can see why this took so long... Okay! Comments!

Part 1: More Gemini fanservice - never, ever a bad thing. Though if it were me, I'd prefer to see some Takeru/Aura RABU-RABU...
Yeah, that's why it took quite a long time to make.

Will consider that part.

Quote:
Part 2: Hooray! Arcas & Mel! Absolutely love the drooling fangirls. And they've got guts, going after a married man (Arcas) and a man who is old enough (usually, anyway) to be their grandfather.

And normally, Arcas'd be blasting the fanboys with Apalis for ogling his wife... but it appears that ZA WARUDO Poseidon has things well in had... so there's no need.
Glad that you liked it. It was quite hard to write down that scene as perfectly as wanted, so yeah.

Quote:
And the return of YUUNODAS!!!

Quote:
BTW, just as a reminder, Arcas is cosplaying as Van Fanel from Escaflowne.

And a suggestion:
Spoiler for Arcas' shot @ cosplay:

Just a thought.
*takes note*

Quote:
Part 3: Wait... so Mai turned Hikki into Hikari? <jawdrops> That was wack!!!
Yeah, it was her who cast the ceremonial spell.

Quote:
Part 4: Love Arcas' line: "Who or what the hell?" Gonna use that in LegendS.
Glad that you liked it.

Quote:
Baran... Doban...

DO YOU REALIZE THE PERIL YOU HAVE BROUGHT TO THIS THREAD?!

Now we're never going to be rid of that idiotic song...
Well, Armstrong has to confront his past someday.

=======================

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
More GAR from Yuunodas and fanservice from Gemini sisters. Hikari about to return to normal. Ahhh...this cannot be!!! MUST HAVE MOAR FANSERVICE!!!
I'm surprised to know that you want Hikari to stay.,

But fret not! The Gemini Sisters are more than willing to provide their fan service!

what?
Old 2007-11-02, 21:11   Link #14733
Tormenk

Quote:

It's because of this test, that Jeno became protective of her... Not overdoing it of course, but he does take it very personally...

Though because he never told her about it, Spica assumed that he was thankful for surviving the test,

"...Still... Alive..."

But in truth...
Well well happy moments indeed although this would count as a scar would it not? I can certainly use this very very well.

Spoiler:

Expect this to show up somewhere else in the future.

Quote:
Jeno confronted his former employer in order to defeat him and free her from his will. With that, her first act of freedom was to stand by Jeno as his human life came to an end.

After joining the ranks as one of the Destroyers, Jeno made a offhanded remaked that he would have to deal with for the rest of his immortal life.
I was under the impression Jeno met Spica after he became a Destroyer, but the above from her profile certainly cleared my doubts and ties in nicely to the Initiation.

Quote:
It's not the best answer correct?

Quote:
Katrina: Whats the fun in having the corruption overwhelm and shut her down? Let Keroko be the one to take control and rampage.
Quote:
Because we could -=[beep]=- her up in -=[beep]=-.
Quote:

Quote:

And we get to undress her.... THEN put her in a goth outfit, with TONS of frills

Just to see what happens

Computation not needed.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2007-11-02, 21:27   Link #14734
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Perhaps, but I prefer not to take his line too literally. I think he meant it wiped out their civilization. Still, if you are correct, it means Midchilda and Belka were conducting a transdimensional war over 300 years ago. Even more time to establish a tech base for Kagerou to use.
Can I get an episode/timeframe on this one?

Quote:
'The coward and the couragous'

'fear the unknown, or have the courage to face it'

Nope, I'd say its courage.

Quote:

Just to see what happens
Fortunately its not set to happen anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
More fucking hax, 90% magical=INSTANT fail magic is rare end of fucking story this fails as well.
This stood out to me.

Magic is rare? I rather doupt it. Magic may hav been noted as rare, but that's on earth. Tiana was even surprised when the forwards learned earth had a very low magical civilization, sugesting that magic is far more common on Mid-Childa at least. We can't start throwing out numbers for Mid-Childa (as quite frankly, we don't have any) but to say magic is rare is quite disputable.
Old 2007-11-02, 21:32   Link #14735
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Baran... Doban...

DO YOU REALIZE THE PERIL YOU HAVE BROUGHT TO THIS THREAD?!

Now we're never going to be rid of that idiotic song...
So you've heard the song eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito
I'm not. It's just that every other mage out there in this thread seems to be either from Earth.

And I realize that it's probably very easy to do that, but even if you don't do anything more with it, make up an OC that comes from a different world - it'd give you the chance to create a whole culture.

And I hope so for UD's - they ARE supposed to be Ancient Velka, and therefore rare.
Yup, that's true. *nods in agreement* It is easier to create mages from Earth though, since none of us here have the experience of being from another planet (unless stated otherwise... ). Still, imagination should more than make up for that.

Quote:
And Arcas is VERY lucky - though hopefully some of my other works will convince you that Mel's is a lucky girl.
That we'll be waiting to see

Quote:
Quick show of hands:

Who'd be interested in seeing little bits & pieces of the future of Arcas/Mel?

Poll will remain open for about 24 hours.
*raises hand*

Quote:
I don't really know much about "The Courtship of Darry Milfeulle" , but I'm very sure she has that effect on him as stated in the song
Well, being put in a situation where he needs to strut his worst stuff (singing is not his best ) in front of millions, I think he'd really think that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
It is ?!

Quote:
Jeno: "It's all scripted!!"

Spica: "Hontouni...Arigato... "

*Spica steals a kiss*
Aaaah hontou ni kawaii desu ne?

Quote:
But I don't want to steal the other girl's fanservice time The fellows here might not go back to them after this

I mean, look at her !

*Point at sig*
We don't quite mind

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
*is unable to reply as Keroko, Nanoha, Fate, Hayate and Sophia has Creator-san completely bound*

So Kha likes bondage now?

*runs*

Quote:

"...Still... Alive..."

But in truth...
Un-Jeno like indeed

Or maybe, that is the true side of Jeno...

*dodges sniper shot*

Quote:

Just to see what happens
... Ion Cannon Armageddon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
You watch it, too? Aka-chan is cute, isn't she? :3
[B]
Yup

But let us not forget the awesomeness that is Matsumaru...

Spoiler for *bows*:

Why is it that some of the best romantic titles I've seen come in small doses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500
Actually, that's one of his students.

Need to write down her profile ASAP.
Aaah

So another Kamen Rider wannabee then?

Quote:
Aura/Freya = OC Thread's Sun & Lunar

All hail the king!

Well, Chrono-kun is Kyon, right?

Yeah, Hikki's back to being a man (but he won't appear during Armstrong/Baran duel for.... personal matters.

You don't say it!

*sees Pferde Trombe on the cliff, silhouetted by sunset*
So who's this thread's NaGARsumi?

And shouldn't it be DaiTrombe?

*overrides all with Trombe*

Quote:

Smith, Wesson, omae ra...

Quote:
I'm surprised to know that you want Hikari to stay.,

But fret not! The Gemini Sisters are more than willing to provide their fan service!

what?
WANT

*runs*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-11-02, 21:42   Link #14736
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Yup

But let us not forget the awesomeness that is Matsumaru...

Spoiler for *bows*:

Why is it that some of the best romantic titles I've seen come in small doses?
Matsumaru-kun has scored a direct hit!

Quote:
Aaah

So another Kamen Rider wannabee then?
Not only a wannabe, but a very DIE-HARD fan, too.

Quote:
So who's this thread's NaGARsumi?

And shouldn't it be DaiTrombe?

*overrides all with Trombe*
I don't know. But if you ask me, it has to be Takeru.

It should be DaiTrombe, I forgot.

*sees DaiTrombe dodging attacks like a ninja*

Quote:
WANT

*runs*
WILL DO!

*runs*
Old 2007-11-02, 21:55   Link #14737
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Matsumaru-kun has scored a direct hit!

Quote:
Not only a wannabe, but a very DIE-HARD fan, too.
The Kamen Rider otaku?

Quote:
I don't know. But if you ask me, it has to be Takeru.

It should be DaiTrombe, I forgot.

*sees DaiTrombe dodging attacks like a ninja*
Takeru as NaGARsumi... Takeru is GAR, but he isn't Nagasumi

And DaiTrombe FTW

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-11-02, 21:59   Link #14738
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

====================

That's so evil.

===============
Like I said... No human...

Quote:
Well well happy moments indeed although this would count as a scar would it not? I can certainly use this very very well.

Spoiler:

Expect this to show up somewhere else in the future.
I don't get it

But in any case, yeah... It bothers the hell out of him... Though it's 30 years ago and he's been trying to make it up to her whenever he can...

Then again, it brings you back to the problem of "How the hell do you know?"

Jeno told NO ONE who it really is, though Sipher probably knows...

Quote:
I was under the impression Jeno met Spica after he became a Destroyer, but the above from her profile certainly cleared my doubts and ties in nicely to the Initiation.
I was bad at writing profiles back then Now I learn to break it into chunks

Quote:
It's not the best answer correct?
It is to me.

Quote:

Computation not needed.

Quote:
'The coward and the couragous'

'fear the unknown, or have the courage to face it'

Nope, I'd say its courage.

It's my belief that if you have faith in something, you won't be afraid.

If you have faith in yourself, in your equipment, you will never have the fear of jumping off a building... Something like that

Quote:
Fortunately its not set to happen anytime soon.
You're too kind most of the time Keroko

But I'm thinking something like...

(Gonna need some photoshop powers though...)

Quote:
Well, being put in a situation where he needs to strut his worst stuff (singing is not his best ) in front of millions, I think he'd really think that way
I don't think the Saint Church could hold millions

Quote:
Aaaah hontou ni kawaii desu ne?
Jeno (red faced): "DAKARA !!"

Quote:
We don't quite mind

*runs*
That gives me an idea... We should have a Outer-Canaan beauty contest one of these days...

WHAT SAY YOU, DEPRIVED MEN ?!

Quote:

So Kha likes bondage now?

*runs*
Apparently so... The church must know of this!

Quote:
Un-Jeno like indeed

Or maybe, that is the true side of Jeno...

*dodges sniper shot*

Jeno: "That's not the type of character I am !!!"
Old 2007-11-02, 22:07   Link #14739
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

It's my belief that if you have faith in something, you won't be afraid.

If you have faith in yourself, in your equipment, you will never have the fear of jumping off a building... Something like that
Truth

Which is why Faith is the direct opposite of Fear, Courage is the direct result of Faith

Quote:
You're too kind most of the time Keroko

But I'm thinking something like...

(Gonna need some photoshop powers though...)

When there's something strange...
In your neighborhood...

Who you gonna call?

Quote:
I don't think the Saint Church could hold millions
You get the idea though

Quote:
Jeno (red faced): "DAKARA !!"
Dakara... nani?

Quote:
That gives me an idea... We should have a Outer-Canaan beauty contest one of these days...

WHAT SAY YOU, DEPRIVED MEN ?!
OH YEAH!!!!!

Although it'll apply only to those OC's with actual pics though

Quote:
Apparently so... The church must know of this!
Saint Church Scandal?

Quote:
Jeno: "That's not the type of character I am !!!"
Yes, keep telling yourself that

*dodges*

Old 2007-11-02, 22:10   Link #14740
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
This question, at least, is easy to answer. The arc doesn't have enough range, the oribital defense have pushed the fleet out of range to use it against the planet.
But, if the entire planet's population is under the Time Flux field, that suggests a weakness in their defense. They no longer have a mobile fleet and depend solely on fixed installations for defense. The most practical way to deal with this is to launch a saturation missle storm. Bury the turrents under more missles than they can handle.
*shrug* Well your options works as well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
wow....i'm definitely not able to keep up with all this...was hoping for some critque on my character design...but i think this thread is not even fulfilling that purpose...at least anymore...
If you're still here, I'll send you links to the posts once I can find them again
Quote:
I'm not. It's just that every other mage out there in this thread seems to be either from Earth.

And I realize that it's probably very easy to do that, but even if you don't do anything more with it, make up an OC that comes from a different world - it'd give you the chance to create a whole culture.

And I hope so for UD's - they ARE supposed to be Ancient Velka, and therefore rare.
Nice to see someone else who thinks like I do Still, not much that I can do about it, even though I would like the population of Earth mages to decrease... rapidly.
Quote:
<sighs> No, Shirley is NOT her sister. Shirley is her older childhood friend - Mel just calls her onee-chan.

And thanks for your review!!!

And they were embarrassed... they were just pissed off MORE that they were interrupted.

Oops..... It's been so long since you've posted the start of it that I forgot that details....

Well, that's understandable....
Quote:
NEW MATERIAL!!!

Quick show of hands:

Who'd be interested in seeing little bits & pieces of the future of Arcas/Mel?

Poll will remain open for about 24 hours.
If you don't have anyting else to do why not
Quote:
1) The Ramza entered the atmosphere and crash-landed in the middle of the Erusian continent. When the Erusians launched their ballistic missiles, they originally intended to destroy the "offending fly", but a lucky strike damaged their... hyperdrive? Warp core? Dimensional gate? Whatever they use to travel rapidly. After they realized the ship wasn't going anywhere, they deliberately waited for the ship to enter the lower atmosphere - the crew was intending on crash-landing somewhere far, far away from natives - and then blasted it out of the sky.

2)The Ramza's on-board computers. The Erusians themselves (the race, not the planet) were already 85-90% inherently magical, which to me is a huge number (perhaps due to something that occurred long ago; Ancient Erusian architecture is frighteningly similar to ancient Midchildan architecture, and smack in the middle of one of the continents is a country named Belka.

Similar to some 3rd-World countries, the Erusians can "mass-produce" mages. However, these mages are much lower in rank than your average TSAB mage, hence the semi-reliance on conventional weapons.

3) Err, refer to above.

4) They might, but somehow I don't think they would. I'm sure some regulation or another would stop them. Or honor. *shrug*
Other's have already commented on the rest of it but...

1) I wasn't under the impression that the TSAB had that many ships that they could afford to park one in orbit over some random planet. Deploying a group of satellites to observe the planet would have been a much better way of keeping in under watch. There's no reason why the ship would have stayed in orbit long for as long as you say. Also, like TK said, why didn't they just call for help? They should have enough food/water for a decently long time... even if they do run low, they can always port a few guys to the surface to buy stuff.

2) I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't wipe the computers database once they realised that they were under fire. Unless you're trying to say that all the survivors were killed in the blast...

4) They've just fought a war, in which a lot of mages have been killed, ships have been destroyed and to top it off their enitre ground force has just been annihated in addition to a countless number of civillians.

At this point, I'd say that honour's been thrown out the window. Even if the officers at the scene didn't want to do, the governing body back in Mid would be having some damm serious thoughts about this, especially with their threat to glass MIdchilda in 50 years time. I'm sorry, that just doesn't make any damm sense.

You have to think this through a bit more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Alright this crap has gone on far enough. -_-

*Drops his anti-hax limiters and powes up*
Spoiler for rant:
Agreed!

Kagerou, all I can say is that a re-think of your whole scenario is necessary. An angry TK isn't a good sight to see..
Closed Thread