Notices

Old 2004-11-06, 11:04   Link #61
Forse
r00t for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligerzero
any1 stil have AS-Ripper.zip????
try http://scripter.animesuki.info/index...emid=4&catid=2

Also parsing XML with php is easy, just grab http://pear.php.net/package/XML_Serializer and then all you need is foreach loop =)
Forse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 07:19   Link #62
Blaat

I have a question is the RSS function still working properly? As my inbuild Firefox RSS feature doesn't seem to load the Animesuki RSS, while it works for other sites like BBC news.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 14:43   Link #63
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

The FireFox RSS feed is pointed to the the AnimeSuki RSS feed on the mirror "www.rpguru.com",
which I operate myself. I recently moved this mirror to another server, for which I temporary created
the alias "www2.rpguru.com" so that mirror updating could continue.

The problem is... because the move had finished, I had removed this alias again. But I forgot to update
the information on the server that updates all mirrors. Which resulted in "www.rpguru.com" not being
updated since about Friday evening. Oops.

I've fixed now again, meaning that the next mirror update will bring "www.rpguru.com" fully up-to-date
again, which should also revive the RSS feed, which only displays new torrents for the past 24 hours
(and thus was simply empty).

To refresh the Live Bookmark without restarting FireFox, right-click on the link in the menu, and
select "Refresh Live Bookmark" -- worked fine for me.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 15:10   Link #64
Blaat

Its working correctly now thank you
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 11:37   Link #65
DrGalen

Time to update the RSS feed!

Hello,
First i wanna say that you guys at Animesuki are doing a great job! Keep up the great work!

Its awsome that you guys provide and RSS feed however I think it could use a little work. It'd be nice if it had direct links to torrents....I remember reading about a post about this somewhere in this forum...they AnimeSuki admin came up with a compromise with using enclosures and/or making even that optional still having the links point the the digi-subber webpages. That sounded great but nothing ever came of that.

Also I'm here to drum up support for GART (Generally Accepted RSS Titles), something I hatched up myself. I'm making the rounds trying to convince the many anime sites with RSS/BitTorrent feeds to try to conform to this simple spec as it will make things easier for people using RSS Video Agreggators like Azureus RSS Feed Scaner and Videora.

I think AnimeSuki could easily implement this due to the storage of lots of information in its database.

Anyways, I'd like to hear your comments and suggestions. I'm gonna post a link to this post on my webpage if you don't mind, hopefully to show you that more than just one person would like to see these changes made.

Dr. Galen
Open Videora Server
Project Administrator
DrGalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 12:03   Link #66
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

It has been suggested before in this thread a few pages back. Check the link for why it hasn't been updated yet.
Old 2004-12-30, 05:20   Link #67
hhaamu
Don't panic.

I could nitpick on the XML feed:
<title>UG &amp;#9734; Ultimate Girl</title>

It should be "UG &9734; Ultimate Girl". Better yet, don't allow any such entries in the database, to avoid possible further trouble. Replace that ☆ with a dash or something.

Not sure if the same problem is present in the RSS feed.

(actually, any browser is fine to me as long as it doesn't use IE's rendering engine...)
Generating the #animesuki stats since 2003
hhaamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 08:52   Link #68
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

I think you mean it should be "UG &#9734; Ultimate Girl" But yes, it is broken. Again we've seen it before, it just isn't a priority to fix it.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 10:42   Link #69
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

FYI

I just made a rather stupid mistake on the server hosting www.rpguru.com
One of the main functions of this mirror is to host the AnimeSuki RSS page,
for example when using Firefox's Live Bookmarks.

Due to the mistake, the server will need an OS reload. And needless to say
this means it will take some time (a few days at most hopefully) to get the
server back running again.

Until that time, you can still use the RSS page from any other mirror.
Old 2006-01-13, 15:15   Link #70
StoicJester

i'm not able to use the xml. is this still because of the server problem mentioned before? i'm using firefox to read it by the way. the url for the feed i'm trying to use is
http://www.animesuki.com/xml.php?type=series&id=496. however, even http://www.animesuki.com/xml.php does not work.
StoicJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 18:08   Link #71
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Er, it seems to work fine for me -- I do not get any errors when viewing those pages
in FireFox, and online XML validators also don't seem to mind. The only real problem with
the XML output is that it has no DOCTYPE (figures, it isn't XHTML) nor a tag declaration
(or whatever it's called).
Old 2006-01-14, 12:52   Link #72
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Right now, the biggest problem I had recently had was that the data in Sage, an RSS viewer extension for Firefox, was woefully out of date. The fix for that was a cache clear and it woke right up. I just feel like an idiot for not thinking about this sooner!

--Ian.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 19:01   Link #73
vhx

Any updates for fixing the Firefox RSS? It still isn't functioning for me even if I clear my cache, reload the bookmark, or restart firefox. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: Got it from going from a mirror, seems the AnimeSuki.com RSS still tries to link to rpguru.com rss, which still doesn't exist.
vhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 05:02   Link #74
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Er.... rpguru.com occasionally had has a few problems, but it has been running fine for
the past week or so. Right now the RSS page from rpguru.com simply works.
Old 2006-01-30, 20:19   Link #75
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

I just got locked out of the same server rpguru.com is hosted on. Seems like I had the
firewall rules set a little to strict. Fortunately it only affected on IP out of the several ones
that are on the server, so I could still access it.

I've now cleared all old IP blocks from that server. Try and see if www.rpguru.com works now...
Old 2006-06-14, 18:25   Link #76
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
I recently got IRC, but I cannot connect. I do not know your port number.
Here's what I have:

Server: irc://irc.zirc.org/Animesuki
Channel: #animesuki.

If I did anything else wrong, please correct.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 23:38   Link #77
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

server is just: irc.zirc.org

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 22:12   Link #78
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

RSS Feed Update

I've made a slight change to the RSS feed. You can now supply the "style=alt" parameter, like this:
http://www.rpguru.com/rss.php?style=alt

When you do this the RSS feed will use "TV style" episode numbering. For example "Air Gear 22"
will now be listed as "Air Gear 1x22". In TV style episode numbering the number before the "x"
indicates the season number, but this is usually irrelevant for fansubs. Some RSS feed parsers
still rely on them however, such as uTorrent's RSS parser.

The effect of this change is that uTorrent can now properly parses the episode numbers from
the AnimeSuki RSS feed, so that you can easily use filters on them. I haven't test this myself though
(other than checking that the episode parsing works).

Notes:

- The "1x" part is a static string, it does not really indicate season. So while Major episode 27
would actually be from season 2, it would still be listed as "1x27" as the AnimeSuki database
does not store season information.

- The episode number used is the integer used for SORT ORDER. This means that sometimes
the episode number may be a little awkward when AnimeSuki staff purposely alters this
number to force a certain sorting order (like when TV, Movie and OVA episodes are mixed in a series page).

- Batch torrents are listed with the first episode only. So a batch of episodes "11-15" is listed as 1x11.
uTorrent doesn't appear to support parsing episode ranges (that's parsing ranges from the RSS feed,
uTorrent can filter on episode ranges, but that's not related to batch torrents).
Old 2006-10-19, 21:08   Link #79
Fatsobob
Retired
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Fatsobob Send a message via MSN to Fatsobob
I have tested it in the utorrent client and it works like a dream. I just have a question for anyone who is more used to the RSS feature of utorrent. Is there a way to exclude some groups for the sake of trying to keep your series one group?

EDIT: After a little experimenting, I figured out what I needed to. To get the specific series from just one group, you need to add every other group to the exclude between wildcard characters(*,?, and |)
Fatsobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 17:24   Link #80
soft4you

YeahReader is better than FeedReader:

YeahReader - is completely free RSS RDF Atom newsfeed aggregator and blog client
soft4you is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animesuki suggestion, faq, feature request, wiki candidate