AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-11-30, 21:46   Link #21
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genstone View Post
How can I get myself informed about whatever sequels or OVAs or stuff that are released way after I initially watched them?
Mahou Showtime lists all the anime airing in Japan each season.

That won't help with OVAs, of course. If you subscribe to the threads here for shows you want to follow, usually someone will learn of a later release and post that fact in the thread. I still have subscriptions dating back years, and occasionally a new release will pop up in one of them, like the Roberta's Blood Trail OVA for Black Lagoon.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 21:56   Link #22
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Well, I guess the most basic/simplest thing to do is to look for your preferred anime titles on Wiki(pedia) articles. At least they have complete list of every seasons, OVAs, and special episodes of a large number of anime titles.
Old 2012-12-01, 00:37   Link #23
Genstone
Eye in Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadratic View Post
Ecchi = guaranteed tsundere character in the show nowadays!

Kimi to Boku: Ep 2, Masaki Satō. Disappears (from the spotlight) for a while after that ep, comes back some time later (she's a secondary character, not one of the main characters). You'll probably enjoy every other episode without her, though (and there's quite a lot without her, if I recall correctly).
Natsuiro Kiseki: Probably down rated due to the art blunders and girl drama. I thought the show was rather, er, charming, for the lack of better words.

Hmm, maybe I have a couple more (might be pushing it again, haha)
Yosuga no Sora: (romance/ecchi/full blown sex) can't remember if there was a tsundere in there or not, probably not though :S (also, incest warning)
Shining Hearts: Ignore the plot...whatever the plot was. (Slice of bread life)
I understand that. But once in a while there would be this one or two ecchi ones that I manage to tolerate, or even better, do not contain tsunderes. It does happen.

Masaki Satō huh... Alright. I'll see what she does. Thanks.
Natsuiro Kiseki... I don't have a problem with girl drama. Just make it interesting or meaningful and I'll keep it. Lol
Yosuga no Sora I'd finished watching years back. I don't have a problem with incestual relationship (in anime only of course, not real-life), but it's the main guy that made me got rid of the show. No tsundere.
Shining Hearts... Hahaha. In my list already but I do see people say it screws up towards the end. Well that's pretty subjective, and I'll see if I like it. Though it seems there is one tsundere side character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Mahou Showtime lists all the anime airing in Japan each season.

That won't help with OVAs, of course. If you subscribe to the threads here for shows you want to follow, usually someone will learn of a later release and post that fact in the thread. I still have subscriptions dating back years, and occasionally a new release will pop up in one of them, like the Roberta's Blood Trail OVA for Black Lagoon.
Will subscribing to the threads here require me to check out every new message myself? Because I don't wanna waste time reading stuff not related to news about new releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Well, I guess the most basic/simplest thing to do is to look for your preferred anime titles on Wiki(pedia) articles. At least they have complete list of every seasons, OVAs, and special episodes of a large number of anime titles.
Still requires manual effort though. What I'm looking for is something automatic. The idea is that I have a lot of shows, and I don't want to check for later releases for each of the show one by one. That's extremely time-consuming and inefficient.

MAL would be the best choice for me to check for sequels and stuff, but still...
Genstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 07:19   Link #24
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Will subscribing to the threads here require me to check out every new message myself? Because I don't wanna waste time reading stuff not related to news about new releases.
Most threads about shows that have ended have at most a few new postings a year unless there is some event like a second season or an OVA release.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 21:30   Link #25
Genstone
Eye in Sky

I see. Thanks for the tips.
Old 2012-12-05, 12:20   Link #26
Genstone
Eye in Sky

Lol I've just watched the first 2 episodes of Acchi Kocchi and the tsundere in it is fine!!

I can accept this because all tsunderish physical actions are totally not portrayed seriously, and nothing ever happens to characters at the receiving end, not even a scratch. This, I am fine with.
(This show strongly reminds me of Hidamari Sketch though.)

Overall this anime is good for some mindless, nonsensical enjoyment.

By the way I need more good romance anime though. I don't mind if there're harem or ecchi in them, but preferably those with a more girl-loves-guy situations, be it the girl confesses first, or the girl does lots of things for the guy, or the guy is just dense, or whatever. Harem shows are usually like this, but if it's not harem (just one girl is involved in the relationship) then it's even better.
Thanks!

Last edited by Genstone; 2012-12-05 at 12:31.
Old 2012-12-08, 00:23   Link #27
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

Glad you like Acchi Kocchi (she's not really considered tsundere, anyway ). I also enjoyed the show, though the nosebleed gag was a little off-putting for me.

Well, knowing how much slapstick/tsundere you can handle, might I suggest Inu X Boku Secret Service?
It's romance/comedy/drama/supernatural.
In the show they debate whether the main character is a tsundere, but they concluded she's actually tsunshun. Note that she's not violent, her 'tsun' side is purely being cold. Quite an adorable show.

The only current romance (other than those mentioned already) is Sukitte Ii na yo (on going). It feels a bit like Kimi no Todoke, so you might not enjoy it. Personally, I consider Kimi no Todoke a bit better (even if season 2 dragged on a bit too long).

If both are already on your list, then there probably isn't much more (at least within your constraints).
Quadratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 10:50   Link #28
Genstone
Eye in Sky

Lol the nosebleed gag is actually fine with me (in fact I think it's somewhat funny) because girls having nosebleed is pretty rare in the anime world. (Need some "balance", you know what I mean? LOL!! Just as Fight Ippatsu Juuden-chan is full of slapstick, but it's the other way around. That makes it worth keeping. Hahaha )

Something tells me I'm not gonna like Inu X Boku Secret Service and Sukitte Ii na yo (the latter I have come across previously), but I'll look into them. Thanks.

I currently have more than 30 titles in my list so it's huge already. But if I still feel not enough I'll go dig in MAL. Lol
Old 2012-12-10, 17:07   Link #29
LeoXiao
思想工作

May I suggest Rumiko Takahashi's Maison Ikkoku? It's a late 80s romance/slice of life show with

- No character being clearly identifiable as tsundere or whatever, they are just characters.
- good romance (though I heard it really only picks up towards the end-ish)
- comedy without mindless violence
- i've watched about 35 of 96 eps so far and it's a really relaxing yet not entirely the "I'm just doing this to kill time" sort of show.
- allegedly the ending is very good

cons:
- it's long
- plot doesn't pick up for awhile (so I heard)
- it's not recent (1988-ish)

hope this helps

Last edited by LeoXiao; 2012-12-11 at 18:42.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 01:42   Link #30
Genstone
Eye in Sky

Thank you LeoXiao for your suggestion. It's not a bad one, but I have a problem with old-style art, and that usually means anime before year 2000. I've gotten used to the more modern ones that I just can't get myself to enjoy the older ones somehow. =\

And the length kills me. Lol.
Old 2012-12-11, 18:45   Link #31
LeoXiao
思想工作

I just noticed something. You said you liked Kaze no Stigma, but the female lead in that one is...very tsundere. How did you manage to like it?

EDIT: Seconding Steins;Gate
Old 2012-12-11, 21:37   Link #32
Genstone
Eye in Sky

I'll leave Steins;Gate alone for now, as I'm not really in the mood to enjoy a complex story this time of the year.

Well, Kaze no Stigma... This is when a decision is difficult to make. You see, because for some who-knows-wtf reason Japanese love to have tsunderes in their anime, I can't make my no-tsundere rule absolute, else I would end up with very little shows to keep. So I sure am able to tolerate tsundere to some extent. That extent, my friend, is what makes it difficult for me to or not to press the delete button.

For an anime with tsunderes to be tolerated by me, there are a few ways:
- Something else is there to offset the tsundereness.
- The tsundere acknowledges and apologizes for his/her actions. (And not do it again.)
- The tsundereness isn't mindless and unreasonable. (Another character is actually an a-hole. But this scenario, where there is an a-hole character and there is a tsundere to "punish" this character, makes it repulsive for me as well. Meaning, the tsundere isn't too much of a problem here, but the a-hole character is. Usually that character is exaggerated so much to "require" tsunderish treatment. This, I do not like.)
- The tsundereness is shown in a very unserious and overly comedic way. The more unserious it is the less I hate it.
- Nothing ever happens and nothing ever gets left behind after each tsunderish violence is shown.

The more of these conditions are met, the more likely I would be able to tolerate the show. And even after I list down these conditions each of them is still not absolute. It's complicated, and depends a lot on my feelings and first impressions.

In Kaze no Stigma, the main girl is a tsundere and is hot-headed. But there is something else to offset this. The main guy is so badass the main girl can never do sh*t towards him. And a lot of the times she is shown to be emotionally tsundere and not physically.

As mentioned, Acchi Kocchi also has a tsundere in it (I consider her to be tsundere), but all tsunderish violence is absolutely a joke, so much so that I can't take it as anything else besides as a joke. Then that's fine.
Old 2012-12-12, 02:58   Link #33
LeoXiao
思想工作

I don't quite understand how you could be "emotionally but not physically" tsundere, does it involve simply not hitting the male protagonist or something?

ABout shows that have tsunderes in a mjaor role but you can "tolerate", well perhaps try out Full Metal Panic. Its setup is similar to Kaze no Stigma in that it's boy-meets-girl, girl is a bitch but actually likes him, boy is badass (in this case, a guerrilla soldier turned mech pilot) and mostly stone-stone about the whole thing, which leads to comedic situations. Unfortunately there's a bit more senseless tsundere-induced violence but it's not really critical to the plot. Anyway just throwing that out there since FMP seemed vaguely similar to KnS to me.
Old 2012-12-12, 10:43   Link #34
Genstone
Eye in Sky

Of course ideally I would prefer not to see any tsundere at all. (I find them really unbelievable, as in ridiculous.) But the worst way to portray a tsundere to me is a physically violent one. I don't mind (that much) an emotional one. Emotionally they can do all they want, just don't hit people is all I ask for.

Full Metal Panic... hmm...... I don't really like mecha, but I'll take note of it. Thanks.
Old 2012-12-12, 22:53   Link #35
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Ah yes, Full Metal Panic.

Spoiler for One of the early Tsundere "incidents":

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 03:25   Link #36
oompa loompa

Welcome to the N.H.K . Easily one of the best anime ever made in my opinion. Although you can watch it as a teenager, its one of the few anime you really only appreciate if you're 20+ years old (IMHO, obviously). Great humor (I wouldn't call it slapstick), great characters, and even though it may not seem that way, a very gritty sad story
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 11:37   Link #37
Genstone
Eye in Sky

NHK ni Youkoso is actually rather serious. I've went through the trouble of spoiling myself by checking out Wikipedia, and I must say I'll leave this show for next time. The central theme is way too serious for me currently.

Thanks for suggesting though.

And please, spoil me as much as possible for every suggested title. I'd love that.
Old 2012-12-13, 12:16   Link #38
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
NHK ni Youkoso is actually rather serious. I've went through the trouble of spoiling myself by checking out Wikipedia, and I must say I'll leave this show for next time. The central theme is way too serious for me currently.

Thanks for suggesting though.

And please, spoil me as much as possible for every suggested title. I'd love that.
You could watch Dangan Roppa in spring, but the main problem is if you look every spoilers of it, I think you could lose interest. The spoilers is mainly consisted of suspensful yet awesome events. I will also look forward to watch, but I mostly avoid the spoilers at all costs (from what I read in its specific thread, and the fact that I don't play the original games at all).
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 22:48   Link #39
Genstone
Eye in Sky

Thanks. Danganronpa seems pretty interesting, even though this kind of theme isn't what I usually like. I'll check it out even it's released.

Well, I love spoilers for a reason. As mentioned, I care more about finding good keepers than not getting myself spoiled. So I'll spoil myself before spending time and bandwidth to get a show. But certain shows don't need spoilers, such as Danganronpa, because the story summary pretty much gives me an idea what's gonna happen.