AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-12, 20:34   Link #1
Jetzero Infinity

Akame ga Kill

Domain name akame.tv was registered and the magazine the manga runs in has a big announcement for the series next issue so it's probably safe to say it's getting an anime adaption. If not feel free to delete this thread.

It's apparently registered under Toho so I'm curious which studio will end up animating it. Since most of the major studios are swamped with other projects at the moment I'm hoping for Brain's Base personally
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 13:19   Link #2
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Licensed by Sentai: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-titles/.76300
Old 2014-07-05, 08:12   Link #3
Yoxall
Finest Crusade

The main website has posted preview screenshots for the first episode. As expected, it seems they will adapt the entire first chapter of the manga. Hopefully they do not rush it.

Episode 1 Preview Screenshots
Old 2014-07-06, 10:31   Link #4
bastek66

Iwasaki delivered.
But Blonde bitch execution sucked due to stilts.
Old 2014-07-06, 11:49   Link #5
Excorsism

Akame's voice is perfect, although all of them are pretty good. Pretty faithful and quite nice in motion despite the somewhat generic designs. And dat music.
Old 2014-07-06, 12:14   Link #6
zero7090

well, since they dont want to waste money on hiring seiyuu that can go totally FUBAR for a 1-ep character, distorting the voice is an ok touch. However, they should have the scene Tatsumi cutting that bitch more brutal, instead of using that 3d-2d mixery jumbo ... (i am not sure of the name)

p/s: Yes Ieyasu, you was cool, greeting-death-with-a-smile-cool.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 12:17   Link #7
II Maestro

Episode 1 is out and it sure is looking forward to future episodes.

Love that Bulat & Tatsumi scene at near end.
Old 2014-07-06, 12:23   Link #8
ookamigirl

That kid was so naive it's ridiculous.
At least he caught a lucky break rather fast.
Or so he thought...
And got up to speed with current events in a blink of an eye.
Night Raid was pretty awesome.
Damn, they all need to die.
Will give this one a try.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 12:30   Link #9
Mr Nr

Haven't read the manga, I thought this was a very good first episode. Granted it didn't shock me as much as people were saying given I knew something was suspicious with that rich family right from the start. Nether the less it was brutal and no censorship (for now) unlike Tokyo Ghoul. It was bit too Shōnenish for my liking but whatever I'll get used to it (and it might be nice contrast to the horrific imagery). Main character is bit too proud of himself so hopefully he gets the record straight. And ah yes Sora Amamiya we meet again but this time as Akame; a really good role but it seems her vocabulary is limited. It's also kinda ironic that White Fox for the past two seasons especially last season has been focusing on moe cute girls doing cute things and then do a bloody anime the next two season (this is confirmed as a two cour after all). That is a huge contrast but it shows White Fox is willingly to do anything and they have done a fantastic job here. I've also heard this adapts only the first chapter (a very long as usual for a manga) so this will hopefully adapt faithfully and if I bet fake money on it I reckon it's going to be two chapters per episode. Anyway enough rambling and yeah. I enjoyed this episode and will see whether this is truly shocking as people say. I'm ready.
Mr Nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 12:33   Link #10
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Faithful adaptation that covered the first chapter perfectly. Animation was better than expected, music was great and the casting was superb. I'm really hyped since it looks like this is going to be a good adaptation.
Old 2014-07-06, 12:33   Link #11
GDB

Thoroughly enjoyed this. Excellent mixture of darkness and humor. Only scene I didn't like was when the blonde ojou-sama had her sadistic rant. Both the art and audio were subpar at best. I've seen that animation technique used to demonstrate "evil" before where it works, but it just didn't do it here. Combined with the audio that sounded more like a screeching cat than any level of sadism and it amounted to a bad scene.

Still, other than that one part it was great. Can't wait for more. This is currently my #2 series of the season.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 12:35   Link #12
Verrueckter
Sarcastic Ass

I am loving that they left all of Tatsumi's random retorts in.
Verrueckter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 12:37   Link #13
Lou0wnZ

Aside from the generic character designs and the at times subpar animation, it was pretty good.

My #2 from the season as well, right behind Aldnoah Zero.
Lou0wnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 12:37   Link #14
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

At first, I was a bit meh on this, mainly because the lighthearted introduction didn't work for me. The character designs and humour are a bit too bland to grab my attention.
Then things escalated quickly and became more interesting going by the first episode alone, I'll enjoy this when it is being serious, but the transition between the dark and humorous bits are quite jarring and don't quite resonate with me. Maybe it just needs some getting used to

Still, all in all the episode managed to get me interested enough to stick around for a bit.
Old 2014-07-06, 12:48   Link #15
zero7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Nr View Post
It was bit too Shōnenish for my liking
i will spoil you the entire series plot: "valar morghulis"
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 12:52   Link #16
com_gwp

Iwasaki and White Fox delivered after all; this was about as perfect a panel-for-panel adaptation as one could hope for with decent production values to go along. I'm now really looking forward to the big fights after that superb bit of animation.

Last edited by com_gwp; 2014-07-06 at 13:16.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 12:54   Link #17
bakaouji

Calling this show heavy handed is probably an understatement. I did like the fight scenes and the character designs but I can do without the crappy convoluted faces and horribly mistimed humor. The MC's making funny faces even though he just discovered that the Samaritan who saved him were sadists who tortured his friends for kicks and ultimately killed them. If the show was trying to make a point then it flew right over my head.

And I guess I've got be prepared for the slew of ugly murder faces the characters are gonna put on whenever they're going in for the kill if I'm going to continue watching this. That, and if the opening's any clue, I believe every one of those assassins has some depressing sob story to relate. I simply can't wait to hear them all.

I'll probably watch an episode or two before I decide what to do with the show.
bakaouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 13:03   Link #18
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

A good adaptation. I think they skipped one minor scene from the manga though
Old 2014-07-06, 13:12   Link #19
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

I was expecting better in term of visual and animation, but I felt pretty satisfied to see that they didn't hide anything from the manga about the darkness of the capital. If it continues this away I'll be more than glad to see how far will go this adaptation. The manga deserves at least this much.

Seems like it'd be 2-cour ?
Old 2014-07-06, 13:17   Link #20
Tenzen12

It was very faithful adaptation, but from some reason I can't point finger on it lacked imapact of original work. It didn't impressed me and if I didn't read it before this post would be far more critical about it.

As bakouji said it was heavy handed and atmosphere got hurt by that a lot. I hope it will get better soon. Akame ga kill deserve to be good show.
Tenzen12 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
gore, shounen, violence