Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-12, 23:04   Link #81
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
The last tenant seems pretentious. She is trying to act cute and lovely. There is no apparent stereotype for her now.
I get the feeling she's more of the Angelic On The Outside, But a Complete Devil on the inside type.
Old 2014-04-13, 05:27   Link #82
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaouji View Post
Seems like my fears are starting to materialize bit by bit. So far Kawai's only characterized by her 'gap moe' reactions to everything that happens at the inn. For some reason she shies away from showing her true feelings about something by usually covering them up with faux stoicism. It isn't funny and can become repetitive real fast.

Usa is still as unremarkable as ever but I guess we need at least one sane person to offset the constant craziness of his cohorts. However, there were a few effective gags scattered across the episode which means that the show's doing something right.

Oddly enough, Mayumi was actually more funny than anyone else this episode despite being her usual floozy self who does nothing more than decry how she can never get a break with men. She's the most energetic of the lot and she can be funny as long as the camera stops focusing on her bouncing bust every other minute she's in frame.
Yeah, I have comletely same impression. All characters come out as one dimensional. I didn't hoped for it to be Sakurasou II, but it's still bit disapointing. It still might improve in future.

And yeah, office lady is best character.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 10:26   Link #83
EroKing

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-04-15, 17:14   Link #84
Itlandm
Porcupine

OK, not like Suzuka. Suzuka had plot. This seems more like a collection of sketches, the voice acting being the most consistent part. Well, the excessive use of beautiful still pictures too, but sometimes they fit the atmosphere and sometimes they are just weird. The soap bubble sketch was perfect for this style. And the Birth of Venus! I haven't laughed like that in a while. That just hit the spot for me.

I agree that it was Office Lady's time to shine this episode. Sorry, grandma! I expect next episode will focus on the College Roomie From Hell. And I'll probably be watching. It is a random mix, but oddly entertaining.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 11:27   Link #85
Lota

Finally got round to watching the 2nd episode. The Birth of Venus, just... XDDDD ahhh, that had me laughing for quite a while.
Old 2014-04-16, 13:19   Link #86
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
OK, not like Suzuka. Suzuka had plot. This seems more like a collection of sketches...
I don't generally like comparing one anime with another, preferring to evaluate each series on its own merits, but I do think that, although this anime is not like Suzuka for a variety of reasons, it seems to me that they both share the same rudimentary "plot".

Quote:
Well, the excessive use of beautiful still pictures too...
As for the artwork, although most of it falls into the "nothing out of the ordinary" range but perhaps "better than average", there are those few, short, animated facial close-up sequences that I find exquisitely rendered (especially when viewed in HD mode). The animators are doing an excellent job of portraying feelings and emotions in those oh-so-brief close-ups.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 03:17   Link #87
Daysun22

ominous

everyone saying behind his back that he has no chance at all was really ominous, I mean, if it was as a joke, they could've just laughed it off. But they all seemed pretty serious. Wonder what's wrong with Kawai-senpai.

Also, my favorite episode so far of this show's 3 episode rule. Will keep watching
Daysun22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 10:10   Link #88
HandofFate

episode 3 was great. So full of youth T_T

Liked we got some good screentime of just the other girls with Usa not even being in it.
Finally got some nice inner monolgue from Kawai and Mayumi. Good for Mayumi for not just falling for the guy's bootycall.
Old 2014-04-18, 16:24   Link #89
Arya

Ok, I didn't think I would have liked it, it has no plot, it has a pervert character and an annoying girl in her twenties, and each episode is made of different sketches. Instead I'm enjoining it quite a bit. The storytelling reminds me of Minami-ke and I find Kawai totally kawaii. And the humor is working for me
I'm curious to see if the boy would really step in her world playing an active role in each story she is reading each time, like somehow the OP seems to portray.
Luckily she is less hard to break that what it seems. Or it really just depends on which kind of book she is reading at the moment. For now if there are really some issues to be overcome I suspect they are not within her, but from the outside, maybe she is already engaged, some arranged engagement I mean. Anyways let's see.

EDIT: forgot to say that Usa is not really smart, why are you going to school by bike if you could instead walk there together with her every day.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 16:26   Link #90
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yeah I'm also starting to get behind the comedy a lot more. Still getting a dissonance but it's not as big a deal as before.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 16:39   Link #91
Arya

They have toned down the blond guy (shiro?) pretty fast luckily, and even Mayumi a bit. This helped me a lot.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 17:13   Link #92
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I was wondering why this anime is so familiar like I already read this. Can't believe I already read this thanks to chapter 3(totally forgot this). I will add this to my list of anime this spring.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 21:05   Link #93
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Must say Sumiko is something seems to use Shirosaki as a trampoline
Old 2014-04-18, 22:07   Link #94
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Highly enjoyable. They toned down both Shiro and Mayumi, for one thing. The scene where she told her old flame to go to h was wonderful. And Sayaka is so bad she's good. Unusual role for the normally sweet Kanemoto Hisako (Squid Girl, Kotoura-san).

But the main thing that is binding me to this show is just how deredere Ritsu is. Head-bangingly cute. Could be another Hanazawa Kana classic role. When she said she was beginning to understand Mayumi's feelings, I just melted away.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 23:16   Link #95
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The visuals continue to be the big draw for me. Not just because they're gorgeous, but because Miya has a real talent for visual comedy and interesting shot composition. But I thought his trickery got a bit excessive this week. I also thought the narrative itself started to feel a little stale and one-note. The hapless dupe in love who lets females exploit and abuse him, Kawai's incessant gap-moe preening... It's not like we haven't seen this a thousand times before. And this is the sort of role KanaHana palpably can sleepwalk through.

We'll see. Sayaka's behavior was atrocious, but at least she got called out for it. Kawai was incredibly and unnecessarily cruel to Usa, but at least she apologized. And at least there's no real harem effect, and two of the females are actual adults with adult issues to deal with. Will there be real consequences for bad behavior here, or just lip service as usual in these sorts of shows? Will Usa grow a pair and stand up for himself, or be the usual doormat? Too early to say.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 23:42   Link #96
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
To be honest I thought this week's ep was a little better from the first two eps because a few of the charas went from one dimensional to two dimensional for a few snippets - particularly Mayumi. I must admit I like the landlady a bit too. But the others do about zilch for me... or maybe a smidgeon more.

A few people have mentioned that the series is beginning to grow a little on them and they are getting used to it's medium of transmission or the like. I can relate to that, actually. Thing is for me even if there is a little improvement I still don't feel much for the base of it all.

A pity too as the effort put into the visuals really deserve a better... umm... story and characters I guess?

Still, I think I will put this tentatively on the "will watch later" list...
Old 2014-04-19, 01:33   Link #97
Pesti13nce

This is one of those brainless funny series to watch. I wish the manga was a little further but it's translating so far pretty well. I like the expressions of the characters they are kinda funny, i mean not Nisekoi funny but funny none the less.
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 05:39   Link #98
Chosen_Hero

Loving the show glad it's not Sakurasou 2.0 since I hated that show.
Old 2014-04-19, 08:53   Link #99
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The only thing that's doing it for me other than the visuals is Ritsu. She's adorable. Everything else is very boring, although I believe Sayaka has potential. I'm not enjoying the comedy much either, which is odd since I liked Love Lab a lot.
Old 2014-04-19, 18:14   Link #100
GundamZZ
残念美人

The episode gives more details about each main girl's life.

Ri is only interested with her book. When it comes to the personal interaction, she is still awkward.

Mayumi is having the troubling relationship with the problematic man. She finally gets over him.

Sayaka is the opposite. She is a problematic woman in the relationship. She seems to have many angst male friends. She enjoys having the ambiguous relationship with them. I guess Sayaka's character is realistic, becuase I heard the similar story in the real life. Later, I encounters the girl of the real life story. She is actually an easy going person. She is not as bad as the story depiction. In contrast, Sayaka's character is "dark stomach(腹黒)". She enjoys to instigate other people's relationship.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote