AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-02, 04:33   Link #1061
Gar Logan78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
This is what I meant. All of these side stories made into a SN.
Sorry for not realizing. Thanks for the info!
Old 2011-01-04, 08:04   Link #1062
neutrino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
This isn't really a story specific question, but I don't know where else to ask. I'm looking for a very specific Umineko theories web page. It has some really old theories on it. Like Maria being Autistic for example, I think there might have been a Rokkenjima syndrome theory on there, and there's also a theory on it saying that Umineko is a dream Satoshi from Higurashi is having while in an L5 Hinamizawa syndrome coma. (that was near the bottom of the page IIRC) I think somebody had it in their sig if that helps, but obviously I don't remember who it was or I'd have found it if I'm even remembering that right.

I'm mostly looking for it because it's nostalgic to me, and I like to joke about some of the older theories there were.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about?
I know exactly what you're talking about. IIRC, it was the Asperger's Syndrome of autism that Maria was supposed to have. There were also theories that the goat butlers were actually some kind of paramilitary force that Kinzo commanded, Jessica's inhaler had a hallucinogen, it was the Himazawa Syndrome, etc .There were a lot of theories about Beatrice's riddle to Battler. Unfortunately, my old laptop crashed and I haven't been able to find it.

UPDATE: Found it. It's a google.doc.

Last edited by neutrino; 2011-01-04 at 09:01. Reason: Found it.
Old 2011-01-04, 08:30   Link #1063
neutrino

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
I have mixed info on that, apparently the sales of the bds are pretty low and they are teh deciding factor for it; yet they are preparing even more collector edition discs (though one might say that they will just repackage the regular unsold discsin a cheaper package, thus beign somethign negative rather than positive).
Looking at the winter season, the studios seem desperate for anything new. I don't think Kore wa Zombie desu ka will set any BD sales records. A second season of Umineko might look more attractive, esp. if the collectors edition sells well.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-01-04 at 10:01. Reason: do not mention spoiler elements like that right in the open!
Old 2011-01-04, 13:10   Link #1064
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
I know exactly what you're talking about. IIRC, it was the Asperger's Syndrome of autism that Maria was supposed to have. There were also theories that the goat butlers were actually some kind of paramilitary force that Kinzo commanded, Jessica's inhaler had a hallucinogen, it was the Himazawa Syndrome, etc .There were a lot of theories about Beatrice's riddle to Battler. Unfortunately, my old laptop crashed and I haven't been able to find it.

I'm surprised that you found that; I have not updated that for over a year, and thus ep6-8 stuff are missing.

Quote:
Looking at the winter season, the studios seem desperate for anything new. I don't think Kore wa Zombie desu ka will set any BD sales records. A second season of Umineko might look more attractive, esp. if the collectors edition sells well.
Sale of the umineko dvds aren't good at all. The first one sold over 1k, with about 2-3 more volumes around that number, but the rest didn't sell enough to register a count. I think many knows that the anime wasn't done well, especially since it was available on Nicovideo for people to watch before they buy. Even as the package art gets more risque, it didn't help the sales (actually I think they make them look cheap)

While I'm all for a 2nd season, I still say the same. Get someone else besides Kon Chiaki to do it.
Old 2011-01-04, 14:35   Link #1065
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:

Yeah you got it! Bookmarked! Thanks!
Old 2011-01-05, 07:35   Link #1066
neutrino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Sale of the umineko dvds aren't good at all. The first one sold over 1k, with about 2-3 more volumes around that number, but the rest didn't sell enough to register a count. I think many knows that the anime wasn't done well, especially since it was available on Nicovideo for people to watch before they buy. Even as the package art gets more risque, it didn't help the sales (actually I think they make them look cheap)

While I'm all for a 2nd season, I still say the same. Get someone else besides Kon Chiaki to do it.
Like I said, they'll probably compare sales with there other series. They might want to see whether interest picks up with the release of the final game and the PS3 version of EP1-4, ~Majo to Suiri no Rondo~. If the collectors ed sells well after that, DEEN or someone else might invest in a new season. If not, they might try to wrap up Chiru in one or two OVAs.
Old 2011-01-05, 22:55   Link #1067
zibbazabba905
twuth it EASY.

well, They never said they would definitely not do a 2nd season. so hopefully they'll change their minds, or Ryukishi may throw some money their way?
Old 2011-01-05, 22:57   Link #1068
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibbazabba905 View Post
well, They never said they would definitely not do a 2nd season. so hopefully they'll change their minds, or Ryukishi may throw some money their way?
You must have missed this.
Old 2011-01-07, 18:16   Link #1069
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
I still stand by my belief that there will be a second series. It's When They Cry, ffs. Sure, the build-up arcs may not have sold well, but that's not the best part of Umineko. The best part is when everything comes together.
As far as im aware, there's never been any announcement about it, not confirming or denying it.
Old 2011-01-07, 21:10   Link #1070
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
You must have missed this.
The statements enclosed within the source in question were not written by anyone who is directly associated with Chiaki Kon or Studio Deen. Said statements were created for no purpose other than parody.

In other words:

Spoiler:

But yes; Chiaki Kon is nowhere near the best director for such a project.

I just know what you should be doing.

Last edited by immblueversion; 2011-01-07 at 21:38.
Old 2011-01-11, 00:20   Link #1071
Witch of Uncertainty

Spoiler for ep4:
Old 2011-01-11, 02:00   Link #1072
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
Spoiler for ep4:
Spoiler for EP4:

Old 2011-01-11, 02:30   Link #1073
Witch of Uncertainty

Spoiler for Ep 4 te party:
Old 2011-01-11, 03:17   Link #1074
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
Spoiler for Ep 4 te party:
Spoiler for EP4:

Old 2011-01-15, 04:42   Link #1075
Arbane the Terrible

Fairly minor question - in the 4th 'volume', when the 7 Stakes show up to save Ange from Kasumi's goons, what's the music that plays? I don't think it's from the SNs.
Old 2011-01-16, 10:04   Link #1076
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbane the Terrible View Post
Fairly minor question - in the 4th 'volume', when the 7 Stakes show up to save Ange from Kasumi's goons, what's the music that plays? I don't think it's from the SNs.
Are you talking about a music that you hear in the anime? In the novel it's this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhhPseV2XlA

Old 2011-01-16, 12:23   Link #1077
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Are you talking about a music that you hear in the anime?
Well, this is a discussion of the anime.

Old 2011-01-19, 15:32   Link #1078
goldendust

Klashikari said I could post this in the Q/A

I wanted to ask a question regarding the visual novel Umineko no naku koro ni since I played through the first demo in Japanese and enjoyed it a lot(I can read basic Japanese).

However I wanted to ask regarding buying the DVD version of episode 1-4. If there is a way to order it from an official source? Something like from 07Expansion rather then an unofficial import website.

The thing is that I had a bad experience with ordering things over amazon and such. So I now go to stores to do the importing for me, I know a few stores that can get me Japanese stuff like mangas,books,DVDs goodies etc.

Though to make my ordering simple. Do you know of any 07Expansion source or something similar(electronic in Japan stores), to order the DVD? It would make the ordering request easier.
Old 2011-01-20, 16:54   Link #1079
Goat-Kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendust View Post
Klashikari said I could post this in the Q/A

I wanted to ask a question regarding the visual novel Umineko no naku koro ni since I played through the first demo in Japanese and enjoyed it a lot(I can read basic Japanese).

However I wanted to ask regarding buying the DVD version of episode 1-4. If there is a way to order it from an official source? Something like from 07Expansion rather then an unofficial import website.

The thing is that I had a bad experience with ordering things over amazon and such. So I now go to stores to do the importing for me, I know a few stores that can get me Japanese stuff like mangas,books,DVDs goodies etc.

Though to make my ordering simple. Do you know of any 07Expansion source or something similar(electronic in Japan stores), to order the DVD? It would make the ordering request easier.
AmiAmi: http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=engli...e_display.html

Paletweb: http://www.paletweb.com/selectpage.asp?code=0003381

I prefer AmiAmi, but explore the site to find which one suits you.
Old 2011-03-01, 10:18   Link #1080
AudriSampson
Ange Ushiromiya's Fangirl

Send a message via Yahoo to AudriSampson
In the Umineko fighting game and several fanarts I've seen Eva-Beatrice seems to have a thing with spiders, I've never seen any thing like this in the anime, Is it something in the Visual novels??

Tags
q&a