AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-06, 18:38   Link #241
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Somehow in the end...

Spoiler for guess on end:

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2008-05-06, 23:08   Link #242
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
Another question is discussing snowman at 8.49-8.50.
4 seitai 28 tai something.Then it goes with 6 and 35.
Didn't quite get it either.
I think that what happened (and again, I hope someone will correct what I'm missing) is that Koko spent the afternoon making snowmen instead of skiing. They ask her how many she made, and she says she made 4 families, 28 individuals (snowmen). They go on to tease her for making so many, and she pointed out that was because she was making "couples". The 6/35 was how many she made last time around. Basically, she wasn't just making snowmen, she was making snow families. At least I'm pretty sure that's what they're getting at -- again, I hope someone would correct me where I'm wrong. I think they're just teasing Koko for being so lovably childish.

Quote:
Also when discussing Yume at 13.09-13.24 Otome says something like 'kondo ha iwatari (yuwatari?) datte'
I'm not sure if it's actually iwatari and what it means.
Took me a while to find this one myself. It's "yuatari" (湯中り) -- dizziness from being in the bath for too long. It just sounded like a "wa" sound because of the slur.
Old 2008-05-10, 08:01   Link #243
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
While the 6th episode hasnt aired yet.

relentlessflame
Speaking of previous, I checked the dictionary again.
Indeed 梟 basically means 'owl' but gives you 梟敵 with 'teki' (and it is pronounced in the same way as 強敵)

Also, did you notice the inscription at 6.39? Looks like 車輪の下 ('under wheels') to me. Actually, gives a lot of thoughts on the matter.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
Old 2008-05-10, 16:55   Link #244
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Spoiler for Episode 6:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-05-10 at 19:48. Reason: Fixed typo -- thanks to s_b
Old 2008-05-10, 18:43   Link #245
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep6:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-05-10, 19:56   Link #246
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep6:
Spoiler for Episode 6:
Old 2008-05-10, 20:09   Link #247
ichobi

I've got some questions as I didn't watch Dacapo II at all, someone need to catch up here you see (me!)

Spoiler:

Thanks!
Old 2008-05-10, 20:36   Link #248
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Spoiler for Episode 6:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichobi View Post
I've got some questions as I didn't watch Dacapo II at all, someone need to catch up here you see (me!)

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-05-10, 21:24   Link #249
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I'm removing the spoiler tags from my reply, because these questions aren't really spoilers (they're only about episodes that have been fansubbed so far or the basic show's premise).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichobi View Post
1. Why Sakura is here, Junichi is an old fart already? Can she not age?
2. Nemu didn't turn up, supposed she's dead? I recall they married at the end of 1st series no?
3. Some anime bloggers said DC II wasn't worth it and at the end the protagonist didn't end up with anyone. Were there any significant event in relation to Yume and Otome in this season? At a glance ( from anime blogs) I gathered it was all about the male lead and the orange/ pink head girl. (was the pink head girl a grand daughter of Mrs. Shiwassu!?
4. I see that DC II SS made a lot of reference to the original series, and that was praise worthy it adds a fair value to the whole series, make it memorable. But is it essential to go over DC II to fully enjoy DC II SS?
To add to serenade_beta's answers just a bit...

1. They'll cover this in the anime, I'm sure, so it isn't something you missed. But as s_b said, this issue goes back to the original D.C.

2. This also isn't something you missed. They haven't said.

3. The first season was indeed focused on three characters that won't be focused on in this season. There were some hints and connections to this season, but you don't have to watch the first to understand the second. (Though I would suggest that you should have seen the original D.C.)

4. D.C. II S.S. makes some references to events that happened in D.C. II, but like I said above, the more important references are to what happened in the original D.C.

All that being said, I don't think the D.C. II anime is by any means bad, although it certainly isn't quite as compelling as this season. To me, it helps to remember that both season were really just two parts of the same production; the first season is made better knowing that it's only "part one", in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
For once? Hmmm... Nah, I'm sure we've agreed somewhere else before too.
Hahaha... yes, I'm sure we have. You just have this sort of bitter/dismissive tone to all of your posts that always make me feel like I disagree, and makes it seem like you hate everything I legitimately enjoy. I don't know... it's just your writing style to be flippant? To be honest, I just can't stand when people joke about things like "I thought I killed so and so already" or "I wish this character would just die". That being said, I usually do at least see where you're coming from, to a degree.
Old 2008-05-10, 23:21   Link #250
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
You just have this sort of bitter/dismissive tone to all of your posts that always make me feel like I disagree, and makes it seem like you hate everything I legitimately enjoy. I don't know... it's just your writing style to be flippant?
Aiya, not sure what to say here.
There are times when I don't even understand myself.
Which might be a bad thing.
Probably from watching too much anime...

Quote:
To be honest, I just can't stand when people joke about things like "I thought I killed so and so already" or "I wish this character would just die". That being said, I usually do at least see where you're coming from, to a degree.
今後, ご注意します
(I'll be a bit more careful about that from now on)

Old 2008-05-11, 06:22   Link #251
nikorai

Huh? Everyone has already watched the episode and i see no trace of it. Only the version with chinese subs. Hope to find it in near future because I feel like i'm slow and miss smth important.

Old 2008-05-11, 06:27   Link #252
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Huh? Everyone has already watched the episode and i see no trace of it. Only the version with chinese subs. Hope to find it in near future because I feel like i'm slow and miss smth important.
Same here. No subs is one thing, but there isn't even a raw out yet, as far as I can see... Unless everyone who's seen it so far actually live in Japan, in which case it would make perfect sense that they've seen it even though I can't find it in any form yet.
Old 2008-05-11, 07:54   Link #253
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for ep6:
Old 2008-05-11, 08:48   Link #254
nikorai

Vegard Aune, arkxkra
So it figures. Thanks for your replies.
Actually I try to ignore subs with that little japanese i know and then bother mr relentlessflame for the parts I didn't get. So far we've been doing quite nicely.
In any case I have exams soon and during this time i'd hardly find time for anime. Raw releases would be nice however as i can save them for later.

Old 2008-05-11, 10:56   Link #255
ichobi

Thanks both Serenade and relentlessflame. Really appreciate. Now I can watch DC II SS at ease!
I have seen all of the DC I though. Love it!
Old 2008-05-11, 13:43   Link #256
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Same here. No subs is one thing, but there isn't even a raw out yet, as far as I can see... Unless everyone who's seen it so far actually live in Japan, in which case it would make perfect sense that they've seen it even though I can't find it in any form yet.
Indeed, there STILL hasn't been any raws released. It will probably be on nico but I prefer waiting (maybe for the subs to come out first so I don't need to rewatch ).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-05-11, 14:18   Link #257
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

As arkxkra said, there's a Chinese sub on Greedland, but the video quality of the .rmvb file makes it look as if it came from a streamed original.
Spoiler for ep6:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-05-11 at 14:29.
Old 2008-05-11, 17:00   Link #258
relentlessflame

*Administrator

This will probably have to be said in like every thread for the next little while, but please guard your conversation about the raws being out/not being out/where it's out/etc. Obviously, people (myself included) do watch unsubbed anime or else we wouldn't have these spoiler conversations, but discussing how we got it isn't allowed, so we can't be answering questions about "is it out?" with any amount of detail. I'm not saying that anyone crossed the line or anything, but do be careful. It's a touchy topic on these forums, as you already know.
Old 2008-05-11, 17:19   Link #259
nikorai

relentlessflame
Sure thing. Nobody said anything specific.
Spoiler for using the net:

Update. The problem is solved actually.

Old 2008-05-11, 18:26   Link #260
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Sure thing. Nobody said anything specific. Raw releases and chinese subs are basically as good as any other fansubs in legal terms.
On this board, though, they're not, and that's really all I'm saying. People shouldn't try to be too coy about it, because it's not like people can't read between the lines.

There was never any problem.

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, romance, school life, seinen