AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2004-08-07, 09:46   Link #1
atheistium
succabus

Send a message via AIM to atheistium Send a message via MSN to atheistium
Ghost in the Shell - Stand alone complex OST or theme song?

Hello!
I just saw one opisode of this anime and the music is just outstanding and it's nice to see a theme song that's not just english and japanese.
It is russian? Just wandering.

Anyway the Opening theme song, is it buyable or is there an OST torrented?

Just wondering
atheistium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 10:57   Link #2
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex has 2 seasons. Both seasons's opening theme's are in russian and english.

You can purchase the OST's at cdjapan.

Spoiler for If you want a torrent:
Old 2004-08-07, 11:47   Link #3
TronDD
Team the box!

The soundtrack is also available with the first DVD in America. You might be able to get the soundtrack seperately and save on the cost of buying from Japan.

EDIT: I see you're in the UK. Don't know what options you have but buying from the US should still be cheaper than Japan.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 05:21   Link #4
atheistium
succabus

Send a message via AIM to atheistium Send a message via MSN to atheistium
Thank you!
I just wanted to know if it was buyable yet!
Yeah living in the UK sucks a bit when it comes to purchasing anime. OST albums for anime are very hard to purchase without ending up paying double from an american site.
The only thing about ordering from japan is that the shipping is actually cheaper than american companies! Which I find very weird ^^;

Thank you for the cdjapan link btw ElvenPath.
atheistium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 19:17   Link #5
KirbyMorph

Id like to point out that there are errors in the OST included with the 3disc special edition of GitS SAC Vol 1. Heres a rundown on problems with that Special Edition.

Quote:
According to Anime on DVD, Bandai Entertainment has stated that they are investigating an issue with the DTS audio for the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Special Edition. Regarding an issue with low or non-existent volume coming from the left-rear speaker, Bandai has stated, "We are sorry to hear that you are encountering problems with the DVD. We are aware of the glitch in the DTS and trying to figure out what is causing it so we can officially declare it as an error. We will notify you with a solution once we have fully comprehended the situation. We thank you for your patience and cooperation."

Meanwhile, ANN reader Andrew Fors has informed us about a problem with the CD soundtrack that was included in the Special Edition release. Other reports confirm that the tracks cuts on the soundtrack are improperly placed. While the songs are in the correct order, the 8th track includes both the 8th song (Velveteen) and the 9th song (Lithium Flower), while the 11th track contains the first 2:14 of Fish - Silent Cruise and the 12th track contains the rest of Fish - Silent Cruise. Bandai Entertainment has declined to officially comment on this issue.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just thought Id let people know that the OST is fine in general, just some minor mistakes that dont ruin it like the left back channel not working (even that isnt that bad IMO)
KirbyMorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 19:23   Link #6
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
I don't have a DTS capable system yet, so I didn't notice that. But I did spend a little time trying to figure out what was up with the cd tracks.
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 21:11   Link #7
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyMorph
Just thought Id let people know that the OST is fine in general, just some minor mistakes that dont ruin it like the left back channel not working (even that isnt that bad IMO)
I noticed the OST error. Was playing it on my computer and it had grabbed the CDDA info. I noticed it was wrong when Lithium Flower started playing and Winamp said it was a different song. Thought the CDDA info was wrong.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 17:53   Link #8
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

For information on DTS: http://www.dtsonline.com

Mamoru Oshii directed both GITS movies but isn't involved with Stand Alone Complex.
Old 2004-08-10, 08:01   Link #9
Bigpet

@Rand it IS russian not polish
Bigpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 02:55   Link #10
Arwyn

The opening song is done by Origa, an ethnic russian currently living in Japan, and is in Russian. The OST has the opening song, and several other pieces by her, and in a variety of languages, Rise, for example is done in english.

My favorite so far is the Opening track by Origa and the ending song, Lithium Flower. I got that one stuck in my head.
Arwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 22:21   Link #11
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
Well, it looks like Bandai did it again....
Quote:
*** Ghost in the Shell Volume 2 Held ***
Due to word of some defects in manufacture, we've decided to hold in-house
inventory on stand-still for Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex DVD 2 and
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex DVD 2 Special Edition - as we await new
product. Bandai has acknowledged that the initial pressing available of these
releases have the DTS and Dolby audio switched around by mistake.
Maybe unfortunately for me, my copy was shipped a couple of days ago.

Edit: Well, I received my copy of #2 SE, and sure enough there is a mix-up. Though it is not that bad, more of a label problem than anything. The disc labeled DTS is the 5.1 disk and vise-versa, so no big problem you just have to remember which is which, it still plays fine.

Last edited by Sakaki; 2004-10-04 at 20:27.
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote