AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-02, 04:24   Link #541
Ashaman

You're not the only one who thought of that...
Old 2010-05-02, 12:24   Link #542
Jiraya2

Well, I have an assumption.
What about if Muru Muru was the only one not affected by the time leaps? Because of her demon nature.
That would explain why Muru Muru has knowledge of future events even Deus himself doesn't know. Except, of course, the only one new character, Akise, who did not exist during previous story in which Yuno won. And the same thing is true for Yuno.
And because Muru Muru knows already what will happen: Yuno's victory then a new time leaps, she decided to take control of Deus' seat while manipulating Yuno.
Old 2010-05-02, 23:21   Link #543
IAmDetective

I'm just wondering why everyone thinks that the Yuno who's with Yuki right now is the future Yuno.

If we look at this page of Paradox:

Yuno clearly looks surprised that she's able to become God. This seems to point toward the fact that the Yuno who's alive is the current Yuno and the body on the ground came from the future. Otherwise, it wouldn't make sense if this one was the future Yuno because she should have been able to plan out everything and shouldn't be surprised that she can become God again since she had done it before to travel back in time.

I think this may be another plot twist in the story. Tell me how you guys feel about it.

Last edited by Solace; 2010-05-05 at 01:42. Reason: Link removed.
Old 2010-05-03, 20:55   Link #544
vas_a_morir

Hmmm, I don't know. At that point, it would be a twist just to be a twist. It makes way more sense that the future Yuno killed the present. Especially since the "Amano" diary, which is the diary of the present Yuno, was destroyed and she still lives. To me, that means that the Yuno to whom that particular diary was connected was already dead.

I think it would hurt the narrative a bit if this were the case. The idea that the Yuno we see has a crazy history with Yukki is way more interesting.
Old 2010-05-03, 21:07   Link #545
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmDetective View Post
I'm just wondering why everyone thinks that the Yuno who's with Yuki right now is the future Yuno.

If we look at this page of Paradox:

Yuno clearly looks surprised that she's able to become God. This seems to point toward the fact that the Yuno who's alive is the current Yuno and the body on the ground came from the future. Otherwise, it wouldn't make sense if this one was the future Yuno because she should have been able to plan out everything and shouldn't be surprised that she can become God again since she had done it before to travel back in time.

I think this may be another plot twist in the story. Tell me how you guys feel about it.
I don't think she's surprised - it looks like Murumuru and her made a deal or something. Since she already won she's probably surprised that Murumuru is asking her to win the game again.

Besides, Akise's vision clearly showed a Yuno who came from the sky with an axe. The fact that Yuno used the diary with "Amano" means that's the decoy one. If she was the Yuno of the current world then the decoy should have been the one that addressed Yuki by his first name, otherwise she would be dead already since her current diary is gone.

Last edited by Solace; 2010-05-05 at 01:44. Reason: Removed link.
Old 2010-05-03, 21:31   Link #546
vas_a_morir

Maybe MM said something about how she will do something regarding the preservation of Yukki and Yuno's future if she would do something for MM. That look on her face could match that kind of shocking overwhelming emotion.
Old 2010-05-14, 00:39   Link #547
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
After thinking about it I can understand Yuno's motives.

Spoiler for Chapter 50:
Well this manga has certainly been interesting. One thing to note though is that the previous loop doesn't guarantee another loop as Akise's interference shows a change is possible. I thought they were going to go down a twins route but instead chose the paradox one. So we have two routes now, either Yuki's going to die and the loop(we know that this is the first repetition because of Yuno having only one spare) continues or Yuki kills Yuno and replaces Deux. Either route is a bad end though. A very very interesting alternative is if they went the Donny Darko route and have Yuki wipe his own existence out from the start to prevent all of this from happening.

So in regards to Muru Muru, she wants to become God and so is working together with Yuno so Yuno will win? But why is this necessary? Didn't Yuno already win? Does Muru Muru just want to be god for the few days leading up to The world's destruction and keep repeating that in an infinite time loop?

Also here's an unanswerable question but why in God's name is Yuno going to these lengths? I know it's hard to describe what an insane person is thinking but to go to these lengths over a promise is mindboggling.

Last edited by Jarmel; 2010-05-14 at 00:53.
Old 2010-05-14, 07:31   Link #548
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

I think the only person worth being wiped out his existence off is the Mayor. He was the one manipulates all future diaries. And to add to that, he was also the one who indirectly made yuki's father kills the mother. Plus, the Mayor was also the one who suggested this battle anyway.
Old 2010-05-16, 13:24   Link #549
Jiraya2

Maybe a second loop would be the solution?
What if Amano wins and choose to make a loop at the end of the first parallel universe?
So, he would be together with Yuno, even if she is supposed to make a loop and join the second parallel universe we know...
Well, those time loops are such a headache!
I cannot figure how Murmur would become the new God knowing only the 12 future diaries owners are supposed to be able to become God.
Nevertheless, with Akise behead, Deus in pieces and Yuno most likely with a strong agreement with Murmur, the only one able to oppose to Murmur is Amano. While I would have faith in a success with Akise or Yuno, I do not trust Amano... Especially if Yuno helps Murmur.
Old 2010-05-16, 14:24   Link #550
Ashaman

Reluctantly agreed. I can't see Yuuki man up unless Yuno is on his side.

When I imagine Yuuki going back in time, I can't help but see him intentionally stop the looping Yuno (from the previous loop) from killing that time lines original Yuno. There would be two of each then. that would be .... Interesting.
Old 2010-05-21, 07:24   Link #551
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Just picked this up today...and reached ch.51 First and foremost, I believe that when Yuki asked Yuno "Do you love me or are you crazy?", the obvious answer is that she's batshit insane (even locked him up at a point and butchered a good lot of people in his presence).
Now that we're through with that, on to her personality: I think she's the future God who timeskipped back, killed herself and started stalking Yuki. That leaves the question of why she held the previous Yuno's diary, where she had it, why didn't Deus or Barks notice, whose power allows him to view ALL diaries, original Yuno's included,etc.
At some point I accepted the relentless rampage everyone went on, because they'd just revive everyone at the end, but was very surprised at Yuki killing Hinata while knowing he wouldn't be able to bring her back later...
My guess on Murmur's activity: while Deus was resting up, Yuno switched her bracelets with fakes, although to what end, still bothers me. Speaking of Deus, while I originally thought of him as a mastermind with an evil plan (what god kindly gives his spot to the winner of his game?) and his slow death kinda put me off, but later on it proved to be a powerful plot tool, since it only allows for one winner and no ultimate alliance. I only fear that Yuno's obsession with Yuki will play a major part in it, since she wants to be with him forever, which is impossible...oh, and it's a real pity that Akise had to die, 1000 times Akise x Yuki than more Yuno madness He felt like the true hero of the story, because Yuki's got no balls and is being constantly manipulated by Yuno, I mean he should at least have SOME room for doubt.
Quote:
When I imagine Yuuki going back in time
I think it's strongly hinted that future Yuno killed future Yuki, otherwise she wouldn't be able to timeskip...unless that's why she let Murmur loose, in order to break Deus' rules.

EDIT: There was also the very annoying part about Yuno's godly abilities, like feeling negligible weight differences, killing soldiers and trained fighters, basically being able to take on everyone and being the manga's ultimate killing machine, although if she's inherited god's powers then it wouldn't be as much of a problem.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2010-05-21 at 07:44.
Old 2010-05-21, 09:10   Link #552
Ashaman

Yo. Glad you've picked up this manga and enjoyed it. I suggest reading Paradox and Mociac too btw. Both contain backstory, and Paradox at least has some important plot information. It even answers a few of your questions.

As added incentive, Akise is the main character of Paradox.

About Yuuki killing Hinata... What he did was terrible, but he was and still is in denial about God's powers. He has to keep faith he can bring everyone back, otherwise he could never live with himself. Unfortunately what he has faith in is wrong, and he is slowly being forced to realize that.

Deep down he may already know the truth, but there is a difference between knowing and accepting it.

Erm, the bit you quoted was speculation about if he did go back, i.e. future events, not past events.

Quote:
I think it's strongly hinted that future Yuno killed future Yuki, otherwise she wouldn't be able to timeskip...unless that's why she let Murmur loose, in order to break Deus' rules.
Maybe, but I just thought Yuki had died earlier in the original survival game and Yuno, being the bat shit crazy killing machine she is, slaughtered all her opponants. Besides, this time may have different participants than last time. For example the 5th and the 7th.

Quote:
EDIT: There was also the very annoying part about Yuno's godly abilities, like feeling negligible weight differences, killing soldiers and trained fighters, basically being able to take on everyone and being the manga's ultimate killing machine, although if she's inherited god's powers then it wouldn't be as much of a problem.
Yeah, I can understand Yuno's abilities being a problem for you, but I think it is one of those things you just have to accept. If you turn out right, all the better for having a solid reason for her abilities, instead of the very vague and very weak ''Rasied to be perfect'' explaination we have now.
Old 2010-05-21, 11:09   Link #553
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Erm, the bit you quoted was speculation about if he did go back, i.e. future events, not past events.
Oh, as in, if he went back after winning this time? Yeah, I suppose that makes sense...
Quote:
I suggest reading Paradox and Mociac too btw. Both contain backstory, and Paradox at least has some important plot information. It even answers a few of your questions.
Read them both, Mosaic had a nice touch of romance in it, and Paradox pretty much confirms that Yuno became God...but what diary did Murmur give her?

Last edited by Kafriel; 2010-05-21 at 13:41.
Old 2010-05-21, 20:28   Link #554
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Read them both, Mosaic had a nice touch of romance in it, and Paradox pretty much confirms that Yuno became God...but what diary did Murmur give her?
I'm guessing she gave Yuno the diary of the dead Yuno - it makes since the time traveling Yuno asked whether it was okay for her to use the diary of her dead counterpart.
Old 2010-05-24, 13:44   Link #555
Jiraya2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
I'm guessing she gave Yuno the diary of the dead Yuno - it makes since the time traveling Yuno asked whether it was okay for her to use the diary of her dead counterpart.
You most likely right on that.
That means Murmur lied to Yuno and is planning to become God instead of Yuno herself.
Nevertheless, I wonder how it might happend knowing it is supposed to be a privilege reserved to the future diaries users.
Maybe Murmur is expecting to trade God throne to leaving bot Yuno and Yuki live?

By the way, still no raws?
Old 2010-05-25, 09:44   Link #556
KLGChaos
The Shermain

My thoughts on 52...

Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-25, 09:53   Link #557
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 52:
Old 2010-05-25, 11:19   Link #558
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Am I the only one that totally lol'd when she said "I'm sorry, I know I'm only good at killing people!" . Well, theory has been proven true, now I could only wonder what exactly is Yuno getting out of all of this. To play an infinite amt of times to be with Yuki? What is the "HAPPY END" that was said in her diary for?

I certainly didn't expect them to actually show them having sex. It was nice seeing Yuno's birthday suit and all, and it was a rather touching moment before Yuki screwed it all up with his question. Though I suppose those questions, at least for Yuki, will have to wait until he gets the upper hand on Yuno(if such a thing is possible).
Old 2010-05-25, 14:45   Link #559
Lostdreams

OMG!

Well, here are my predictions.
Since Yuki got the message, and the second world is different from the first world, I think Yukki will become god.

In my worst case scenario, there's another loop. Who wants another loop...

Yuki would be crazy to go back in time, try to fix things, and still try to love Yuno after knowing she's psycho.
Old 2010-05-25, 15:08   Link #560
Marion
The Great Dine

So yeah not too surprising. Although wasn't expecting the NSFW pages there
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen