AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2005-01-05, 03:21   Link #1
Shinobi
Ninjitsu Newbie

old fansub archives

I have always burned my downloaded anime to cd's. Now as I've started purchasing licensed versions/transfered fansubs from cd to dvd/decided not to keep certain series anymore, I have a stock of archived fansubs on cds that are just sitting around in my room.

So, what do you think I should do with them? Some options that I have thought of are:

1) Get in contact with some anime club at a university or elsewhere that could put my fansubs to good use in their library (would you know of any, and would they be willing to cover the cost of shipping?)
2) Sell them on ebay and then donate whatever I get to the fansub groups that subbed the series (is this a little sketchy?)
3) destroy them? seems like a waste...
4) any other options you can think of?
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 04:13   Link #2
Archaic

Keep whichever series you think have better translations than the official releases you already own, donate the rest to an anime club or destroy them. Selling them would just be immoral, frankly.
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 04:39   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Selling them would not only be immoral, it is also against the wishes of the fansubbers. If you respect their work, you also have to respect the line during the eyecatch that begs you not to sell their work.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 05:07   Link #4
Shinobi
Ninjitsu Newbie

then donate to an anime club it is! if you are a part of a club or know of one that might like to have some fansubs, just drop me a PM
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote