AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-12, 08:00   Link #721
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Hmm, that kinda really sucks for me since I have yet to even do any of the dungeons on story mode. Lots of repairs for 0 reward. People are gonna be surprised when they eventually see a level 80 engineer in their Ascalonian Catacombs story group though, haha.
Nah my guild's all-80 team couldn't beat AC on explorable lol. There's one path (Colossus) that's really badly designed. It's literally impossible unless you have a specific class combination (5 necromancers for example) when A-net claims the dungeons are designed to be beat with any combo of classes.

In the end, it's still a lurer + healer + dps + tank team requirement to beat dungeons in this game without dying.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 08:29   Link #722
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Nah my guild's all-80 team couldn't beat AC on explorable lol. There's one path (Colossus) that's really badly designed. It's literally impossible unless you have a specific class combination (5 necromancers for example) when A-net claims the dungeons are designed to be beat with any combo of classes.

In the end, it's still a lurer + healer + dps + tank team requirement to beat dungeons in this game without dying.
Hmm, maybe it's better for me to continue soloing and showing up to dragon events then haha. I've had pretty good luck with Taqatl dropping yellows every time for me, have made some decent money and gotten some gear with pretty high magic find. Hope some kind of mod comes out that tracks their spawn timers.

Edit: Also, a question for engineers or anyone who knows a high level engineer. I am going for a PvE flamethrower + elixir build. I already have the full 30 points in Firearms for the Juggernaut talent and 25 points in Alchemy for the 15% flamethrower damage and 1% damage per boon bonus. What I'm not entirely sure of is where to put the rest of the points. Is the 30 point backpack regeneration talent in Alchemy worth it? If not, would it be better to put the last 15 all into Explosives for the power boost? Or is power easy enough to make up for with gear that skipping out on a talent and ending 2 trees on a 5-point number is a bad idea?

Last edited by RWBladewing; 2012-09-12 at 08:45.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 14:06   Link #723
Xion Valkyrie

Did AC story mode last night with 4 people, 3 40's and a 30 and for the most part it was decently challenging, except for the boss battle with 2 lovers. That one was just ridiculous, we ended up just suiciding in from the way point 2 at a time to make sure the boss doesn't reset.

Melee bosses are manageable, even if they have large AoEs. However, damage from caster bosses are ridiculously hard to mitigate, since kiting/cripple etc doesn't work. They hit just as hard (2-3 shot people) and the skills that work on mitigating ranged damage are on much longer cooldowns. Then there's the fact that there's 2 of them.

Not going to do explorable mode dungeons until I'm 80 as those tier 3 trait skills are absolutely critical for some of the builds I want to run.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 15:11   Link #724
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Did AC story mode last night with 4 people, 3 40's and a 30 and for the most part it was decently challenging, except for the boss battle with 2 lovers. That one was just ridiculous, we ended up just suiciding in from the way point 2 at a time to make sure the boss doesn't reset.

Melee bosses are manageable, even if they have large AoEs. However, damage from caster bosses are ridiculously hard to mitigate, since kiting/cripple etc doesn't work. They hit just as hard (2-3 shot people) and the skills that work on mitigating ranged damage are on much longer cooldowns. Then there's the fact that there's 2 of them.

Not going to do explorable mode dungeons until I'm 80 as those tier 3 trait skills are absolutely critical for some of the builds I want to run.
For lovers, 4 people is extremely difficult as you have 2 bosses that are not each the strength of half of boss. They are literally 2 bosses. I'm not sure about 4, but for 5 players, 2 player vs each boss, lure them apart (don't even need boulders, just use all knockbacks/fears at your disposal), and have a 5th ranged person non-stop attacking Illusionary thingies (warlocks?). Those illusions have insane dps but are very fragile.

Explorable mode isn't that hard. It's just the select few that are terribly designed that it's easy for some classes and impossible for other classes. By 'that' i mean waiting to be level 80. They are still harder than story mode and you wanna be 5~10 levels higher than the dungeon.
Old 2012-09-12, 19:32   Link #725
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

There are 2 paths on AC bugged. There's only one that is not. The Ghost one. That one is possible wiith a good team of level 45 players imo.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 22:10   Link #726
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

AC Story was interesting. Did it with a couple of friends, I think our problem was we approached it with a similar mindset of other MMO dungeons. We were able to complete it without too much trouble (Lovers fight, wtf.. lol) but we did seem to get downed quite a bit. More than what I'd expect to be considered a 'great' run.
Old 2012-09-13, 05:10   Link #727
Aesthetic Shampoo

Both my bank and inventory are full are full of greens, and i have half a mind to either vendor them or salvage them, since the trading post doesn't seem to like them. Should i?
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 10:13   Link #728
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

I npc greens for coin. If they have a nice sigil, I salvage it with a high quality salvage kit and store that in my bank.
Old 2012-09-13, 10:20   Link #729
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Same. I've checked the price of some of my greens on the TP just in case and they are almost never more than a few copper above the vendor price, which is really pointless when the listing fee is considered. I basically vendor anything worth 80 copper or over and salvage the rest (this isn't a strict rule for me but I've found it works pretty well based on the TP prices of the materials I'd likely get from salvaging.) I've been pretty lucky and gotten two Black Lion Salvage Kits from completing daily quests so I'll be good for a while in getting useful sigils off of gear.
Old 2012-09-13, 10:26   Link #730
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssTEss View Post
Both my bank and inventory are full are full of greens, and i have half a mind to either vendor them or salvage them, since the trading post doesn't seem to like them. Should i?
I only found out about how the Mystic Forge works last night from a friend(thought there was more to it but it's rather simple stuff seemingly)
You should try using it with the stuff you don't need.

Should maybe give a read up on wiki.

Haven't gotten around to trying yet as I was just salvaging everything I got but saving a few items to try it out.
Old 2012-09-13, 12:28   Link #731
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Quote:
Level 80 Mystic Weapons: (note: the Mystic Rifle, Mace and Shield are currently bugged and will result in a level 62 item being produced)
LOL, whoever found this glitch is probably pissed as hell.

Anyways, thanks for the mystic forge link. I've been too busy with pvp and pve on my multiple characters to really look into this stuff.

My new lv80 Wellmancer in WvW has been using a level 46 weapon this entire time. I only just yesterday bought an invader lv80 exotic weapon (badges of honor) which does more than twice the damage of what my necro was using before. He's still holding a terribly underleveled OH dagger and staff. I think I'll go make a mystic staff once I get 50 skill points.

----------------------
Someone's been caught on live-streams and screenshots for fly-hacking, teleport hacking and boon-hacking in WvW. What's funny is arena-net responded saying players should use the report feature. A-net doesn't realize they disabled right-click on enemy targets in WvW and there's no way to know their names or report them. FAIL xD
Old 2012-09-13, 14:39   Link #732
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I take my words back : Sword/Pistol Thief is REALLY powerful. I can kill a Centaur Lieutenant all by myself by running around him and swiping my sword between his legs, dealing 400 damage every 3 blows, 1000+ damage every pistol whip.

I mean, who doesn't want to hit crits at extra 10% damage 50+% of the time?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 20:22   Link #733
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

after getting my ass kicked so much in TTT2. I'll probably train offline for awhile.

Might get this game soon.
Old 2012-09-14, 11:42   Link #734
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Well just ended my contract work today, so I am out of job and have some free time to play.

Managed to skew to level 30 by repeatedly killing the Centaur Overlord at Kessex Hills. Total of 2700exp per run, that is the fastest way to level from 24 to 30.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 12:09   Link #735
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Well just ended my contract work today, so I am out of job and have some free time to play.

Managed to skew to level 30 by repeatedly killing the Centaur Overlord at Kessex Hills. Total of 2700exp per run, that is the fastest way to level from 24 to 30.
Exp comes so easily in this game from doing such a big variety of things that I feel like grinding events in that manner is unnecessary, but if that's how you like to play, make sure to do Harathi Hinterlands, which has a near-constant train of centaur killing events. I gained an entire level in less than 15 minutes just following the zerg there. Also check out Sparkfly Fen in the early to mid level 60's; the very easy and very rewarding krayt event at the bottom of the map seems to spawn every 15 minutes or so with the bonus of a dragon event with scaled loot every 2.5 to 3 hours. Just don't get mixed in with the bots that are constantly auto-attack spamming in that area.
Old 2012-09-14, 13:30   Link #736
Xion Valkyrie

Hmm, are any of the light armor shoes heels?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 19:40   Link #737
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Hmm, are any of the light armor shoes heels?
Only ones I know of are the ones I got on my ele which are from the Winged set.
Should be able to pick up some cheap blue ones off TP for transmuting.

Or if your high enough in tailoring, 4th tier I think you can craft some but obviously that's gonna cost alot more if your not at that level yet.
Old 2012-09-16, 01:00   Link #738
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

my character Xefi, the ranger. i play on the Sea of Sorrow server. and....more
scenary pictures.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

sitting down and enjoying the world. after looking at it closely, the world is pretty BIG. ;p
Images
Old 2012-09-16, 04:13   Link #739
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Images
UGH. Tournament 5v5, so we had the plan of rushing the Lord at 400 pts to get to 500 pts instantly. We were at 410 vs 300 lead. Rush for the keep lord but they were more organized and mow'd us down while we were attacking their lord. WE ended up all respawning and trying to go back to normal fight. But that death costed us the game.

Lost by 2 pts in semi finals Q__Q

Another one which was finals was a loss by 17 pts.
Old 2012-09-16, 08:28   Link #740
Aesthetic Shampoo

How do you change servers? The wiki doesn't say.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote